Outlook 2000 when ran, gives error warning "Need outlook express

I have Windows Vista and Outlook 2000.
Outlook 2000 runs, but on start up, always gives an error saying "Outlook
need Outlook express 4.xx. Need to install IE 4set up"
Problem is, I can't install any older version of IE since mine is 8+. Is
there a way to install just the outlook express?

Outlook 2000 is not (fully) compatible with Windows Vista. For Windows Vista
you'll need Outlook 2003 or later.
You may be able to get it to work when you configure Outlook 2000 to run in
Corporate/Workgroup mode.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Emperor" <Emperor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have Windows Vista and Outlook 2000.
> Outlook 2000 runs, but on start up, always gives an error saying "Outlook
> need Outlook express 4.xx. Need to install IE 4set up"
> Problem is, I can't install any older version of IE since mine is 8+. Is
> there a way to install just the outlook express?

0
Roady
1/12/2010 9:51:27 PM
Outlook 2000 is not compatible with Vista, especially the mode that you're
running: Internet Mail Only.
You could switch to Corp/Workgroup and be rid of the error message, but
you'll still have other problems.
Time to update your software so it is compatible with your OS. Outlook 2000
is carrion.

--
Russ Valentine
"Emperor" <Emperor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Windows Vista and Outlook 2000.
> Outlook 2000 runs, but on start up, always gives an error saying "Outlook
> need Outlook express 4.xx. Need to install IE 4set up"
> Problem is, I can't install any older version of IE since mine is 8+. Is
> there a way to install just the outlook express?

0
Russ

Disabled Person Needs Icons to work
Hi, My sister is a quadraplegic and and is running win7 64bit on a dell laptop Inspirion 1750. Her desktop icons do not work and her shot cuts do not work. She needs to work from the dektop because we need as few clicks as possible. I have tried to find the solution but I have have not. Can someone help? Do you mean that when you click, or double click, on an icon that nothing happens? Is she using a mouse or the touchpad? Can you be a little more descriptive about the problem? Has this been happening from the time you got the laptop, or installed Win 7? Or, did it ju...

Outlook 2003 attempting to send messages....
To Anyone: Here is a weird one. OS XP Pro SP2 / Office System Pro 2003. POP mail only. No SMTP authentication required. Everything working fine until recently when Outlook 2003 stopped sending messages and is attempting to send 1 of 2 messages when there are non in the Outbox.... Some posts say re-install Office System. Looking for alternatives. Any takers? ...

Money 2005 Communication Error
I recently linked a Passport account with my Money file and now I can't import my OFX files from my bank anymore. I saw some other posts related to MSN Billpay which I've never used. It looks like this is a known problem. Does anyone know of a fix? I thought the problem was my bank so I went a couple of weeks before investigating this issue; now my backup file is also corrupted. I tried the Money repair function but to no avail. In microsoft.public.money, keanton wrote: >I recently linked a Passport account with my Money file and now I can't >import my OFX files from ...

Compile error in hidden module?
Hi everone, In a workbook I am using, everytime I try to open the file I am getting a "Microsoft Visual Basic" window saying: "Compile error in hidden module: This workbook" What does that mean and how can trace it? Regards, Mike http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307410 I suggest the latest version of reader. FAST . -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Mike" <mas_it_2000@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1113229626.615301.108000@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com... > Hi everone, > > In a workbook I am using, e...

MS CRM 3.0 and Exchange Server 2000
I have a query regarding installation of CRM E-mail Router. I have a MS CRM 3.0 installed on a Windows 2003 Server, we're using a Exchange Server 2000 on W2K Server SP4, can I install the Router on the Exchange Server 2000? check the implementaiton guide, it gives you system requirements "John Ding" wrote: > I have a query regarding installation of CRM E-mail Router. I have a MS CRM > 3.0 installed on a Windows 2003 Server, we're using a Exchange Server 2000 on > W2K Server SP4, can I install the Router on the Exchange Server 2000? > > > I have...

Error 1305
I have Office 2000 on my pc, but not Publisher. When I try to add Publisher from disk 2 of Office, I get the 1305 error Error 1305. Error Reading from file. D:\PFiles\MSOffice\Office\SBT\BFM\Whaitif.xla. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it. Can anyone tell me how to complete this installation? I do have Publisher also installed on my other home pc and both are connected by a wireless network. Would that be the reason it doesn't work? TIA Larry This article also addresses error 1305 OFF: "Error 1304: Error Writing to the File" When You Instal...

there was an error reading the rules from the server
I'm getting this error when i try to run the "oiut of the office assistent". any idia? I run Outlook 2000 with Exchange server. Thanks Ronnie ...

Synchronise Outlook 2003

DSRestore Error <ID:997>
I'm getting the DSRestore error event in the logs of my PDC Emulator. I found the steps to reset the dsrestore password here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322672 My question is, if I follow those instructions and reset the dsrestore password, will it also reset the administrator account password to match the dsrestore password? Hello Andrew, The DSRM restore mode password has nothing to do with the previous local administrator, when the DC was workgroup server nor with the domain administrator account. Best regards Meinolf Weber Disclaimer: This posting is...

Error "Money is not properly installed..."
"Please try setup again". I am getting the error above after changeing the non-system drives letters on my system (after adding a new drive). The info I found (to run money.exe with -s or to run the salvage tool) didn't help. The "-s" option runs into the same issue, salvage is reporting a badly damaged file. After hitting "ok", I get a new window with options to open, create, restore or repair a file. Restore, open and repair are all failing. Create new reports "The new file c:\t.mny" can not be created ...". I was using Money 2000. ...

Sharing Outlook #2

Outlook user profiles

Need specific tick marks on Y axis
I am sure this is probably something really easy, but for the life of me I can't seem to figure it out. I tick marks on the y axis from 0 to mark 260 and 420. The biggest that I would need is 600, but I must have the 260 and 420 marked. How do I do that? I tried to change the minor/major things, but that didn't work out. I am trying to chart my peak flow readings for my asthma, and the 420 and 260 designate the zone lines of how bad my asthma is. Thanks in advance! ") You can put "ticks" wherever you want following this procedure: http://peltiertech.com...

Outlook 2003 cuts off lines

"Object not found" error and Archive Folders
I am battling hard to find who on this planet knows this one I have a rogue 'Archive Folder' living next to my Personal Folders tha I am unable to remove - when I select 'Close "Archive Folders"' th following error dialog is displayed "The operation failed. An object could not be found I've got Outlook 2003 (Office Pro Edition) running on XP Pro - with al and latest updates. I've verified I can add and remove other datafile with no issue - this is also my default archive folder. To explain further, the archive folder in question is the same one a spe...

Report Error
Hi all, any ideas on this.... We have created a number of Quotation Reports that work fine for all users except one ! When she runs the report she gets an error saying the sub report can be found. I have checked that she is in the same CRM groups as other users and checked that she is in the Reporting group in Windows/SQL - all looks fine. Any help would be appreciated Thanks Ian Hi Ian, Does she have problem with this report only or this happens to her other reports as well? Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.crowecrm.com On Nov 7, 5:29 am, "Ian Kelsall" <...

windows xp frontpage error
Just got a call from my child at college, is getting a message saying to "put in windows xp cd with frontpage", it was installed at the factory and the cd says nothing about frontpage, was installed in coputer in2004 windows xp professional, autoupdatw won't do it. any clue to what is going on? Is freezing computer and won't open excell. Hi Diana, Though this is the newsgroup for Microsoft Dynamics GP and not Windows XP or Ofice, I will try to help you out. In future, please post to the appropriate newsgroup. I believe the error message being received is infact askin...

Sending URL in Outlook XP

Outlook Signatures #4

Importing Outlook 2003 to Win 98 Outlook

Is this possible within Excel 2000?
Hi, I've used Excel on a get by basis for many years at work, and I'm just beginning to realise its vast capabilities, having viewed several groups which I didn't know existed previously. I subsequently would like to ask if it is possible for Excel to look at the numerical or text content of a cell on one worksheet and then look at a predefined range on another worksheet and find the equivalent cell content and then move the cursor to that cell? This has me stumped presently. Thanks in advance for any assistance. J.J. To actually move the selection, you'd need to use a litt...

Excel 2000 fail to open workbook