Office 2007 does not install all features

I  recently installed as an upgrade Office 2007 on a machine that already had
2003. I needed to retain the 2003  I am noticing that certain features did
not upgrade to the 2007 format, e.g., the Out of Office Assistant in 2007 in
still the old Out of Office, Scheduling Assistant is still the old
Scheduling. In Excel I am missing a couple of icons. I want to be able to use
the new features especially in the Out of Office Assistant.

Is there any way to redirect the location where Office 2007 looks? I have
done this before with other versions and had no problem. The versions are
loaded on different partitions on my hard drive.

It looks like you have not installed Outlook 2007.  The reason I
am saying this is because at any one time, you can have only one
version of Outlook in a system.  This is the only exception when
you have multi-version of Office.

Now when you have checked this and when you have installed Outlook
2007, I suggest read this article to learn "How to use the Out of
Office Assistant in Outlook".

<http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290846>

hth

Shaylynn wrote:

> I  recently installed as an upgrade Office 2007 on a machine that already had
> 2003. I needed to retain the 2003  I am noticing that certain features did
> not upgrade to the 2007 format, e.g., the Out of Office Assistant in 2007 in
> still the old Out of Office, Scheduling Assistant is still the old
> Scheduling. In Excel I am missing a couple of icons. I want to be able to use
> the new features especially in the Out of Office Assistant.
>
> Is there any way to redirect the location where Office 2007 looks? I have
> done this before with other versions and had no problem. The versions are
> loaded on different partitions on my hard drive.
0
LD55ZRA
4/3/2010 2:44:07 AM
Since Office 2003 the Office installation is undertaken to a version
specific folder, so there was no need to install to a separate partition, it
achieved nothing.
And since you didn't upgrade the old version, nothing will have been
'upgraded'

"Shaylynn" <Shaylynn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I  recently installed as an upgrade Office 2007 on a machine that already
> had
> 2003. I needed to retain the 2003  I am noticing that certain features did
> not upgrade to the 2007 format, e.g., the Out of Office Assistant in 2007
> in
> still the old Out of Office, Scheduling Assistant is still the old
> Scheduling. In Excel I am missing a couple of icons. I want to be able to
> use
> the new features especially in the Out of Office Assistant.
>
> Is there any way to redirect the location where Office 2007 looks? I have
> done this before with other versions and had no problem. The versions are
> loaded on different partitions on my hard drive.

0
DL

CRM error
Hi all, I am using CRM 3.0 laptop client with Outlook 2007. I had number of leads. I tried to convert them to opportunity. Leads got converted to opportunity, but before that I got a message as following - "The changes you made have been saved to Microsoft CRM, but will not be migrated to Outlook because Outlook is not running or CRM components have not been loaded by Outlook. For more info, see CRM Help" Do anybody have an idea what is the reson behind this error? My CRM works fine anyway on this laptop. Thanks, -Imran Hi, Were you in online or offline mode when doing this?...

money 2006 install with explorer 7
I'm trying to install my money 2006 program on my new laptop. I keep getting an error because a newer version of explorer is on the computer and it will not allow setup to run. Is there a work-around or download that will allow my disk to work with the new explorer 7? -- kk ...

2007 Opening 2003 Files as Read Only
Hi, I'm new to Office 2007 so I thought this would be a good place to start. I have files created in Excel 2003 as I had been using Office 2003 prior to upgrading. Now, when I open a old spreadsheet in 2007, it is opened in Read Only Compatibility Mode. I only have one user, me, on this pc. I'm set up with an administrator account so document security shouldn't be a problem. All the web searches I did mention this with SharePoint. I don't have SharePoint, I should say I don't know what it is and don't think I have it. Any ideas. Regards-Michael G. Found the p...

Upgrade to Office 2003 & shortcut to Workgroup
Hello, I've a multilevel workgroup database with a shortcut that is opening the database using the workgroup. This is the path to I'm using to open MS Access: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\MSACCESS.EXE" "..." The problem is that the company is letting users to upgrade to Office 2003 voluntary, but when some of them run the upgrade, MS Access was change to a new folder which is Office 11. The question will be; is there another option to solve the issue than creating 2 different shortcuts? Maybe an instruction that open one or another depend ...

v3 fresh install or upgrade?
I'm wondering how folks have made out with upgrading from v1.2 to 3, was it successful in most cases? Is this a feasible scenario, and what might I be missing? 1. backup SQL databases for CRM 2. backup AD 3. Uninstall CRM 1.2 (will I lose AD config for MSCRM?) 4. Install CRM 3 5. Is it possible to attach old DB's or are this not feasible because they are modified during the upgrade from 1.2 to 3? If this is the case how could I pull the data and config from 1.2 to 3? Any thoughts are appreciated! Sean Sean; If you want your data upgraded, then do an in-place upgrade of the crm...

2007 search box and instant search invite, remove them
i don't want to see the search box, or the yellow bar asking me enable instant search. i didn't install instant search. i've heard nothing but bad things about it. how do i get rid of the search box and yellow 'enable' box that sits over all the email messages, contacts, notes, etc. ? -- jeffrey You can disable this prompt using Outlook's Tools, Options, Other, Advance Options dialog box if WDS is not installed. If the checkbox is missing from the dialog you can edit the registry to disable it. http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2006/up060525.htm#search -- Dian...

Ribbon in 2007
Recently installed 2007 Office Pro When I open Outlook, I do not see 'Ribbon' It seems as if I have the same format of 2003. Could anyone advise me how I can see Ribbon when I open Mail, Contacts, Calendar, etc -- Thank you in advance for your support and suggestions, HankL The main interface of Outlook 2007 does not have a Ribbon. Outlook 2007 does have a Ribbon when you create or open any item such as creating a new email or when opening a contact. Outlook 2010 will have the Ribbon in the main interface as well. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coaut...

Detect and Repair (MS Office 2003)
This morning, after having Office 2003 on my machine for almost three years, for the first time I clicked "detect and repair". (I won't bore you with the "whys". Looking back on it, I should not have done so.) Anyway, my personal email folders and my appointment calendar are history. Is there a way to restore or retrieve these Office files? Or, did "detect and repair" remove them permanently? Thank you in advance for your assistance. Ernie PS I have an image of my hard drive saved on my home network as of one month ago, but new appointments/folder...

Quick Access Toolbar in Office 2007
Basicly, I've read every single forum and tech support for Office 2007 programs freezing, locking and crashing when doing a large number of random tasks, which responses by onlookers seem to have the solving answer for, but I have yet to find my specific problem. When I use the Quick Acces Toolbar in either Word or Excel or any of my suites' programs, it locks and I have to force it to close. I can customize the toolbar with the down arrow on the right all day long with no problems, but as soon as I click save, open, save as, or any of the various essential commands I get...

Outlook 2007 RSS Feeds to Windows Mobile
Is it possible to sync Outlook's RSS feeds (the Common Feeds list) with a Windows Mobile 6.x device? Any suggestions much appreciated! Syncing is not supported but you can export the OPML file which holds your subscriptions and then import that file in your RSS reader on your mobile device. To export your current subscriptions use; File-> Import and Export...-> Export RSS Feeds to an OPML file -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.m...

Convert 2002 Word Autotext into 2007 Word Auto Text
I have several users that have multiple autotext entries in Word 2002. We have just upgraded to Office 2007. They would like to convert their 2002 Autotext entries into 2007 Word AutoText which is now Building Blocks. Does anyone know how to do this? Is there a way to take their normal.dot file and convert into 2007 normal.dotx file? Don't try to "convert" an old normal.dot to normal.dotx. It could have unpleasant side effects. Copy/rename the old normal.dot template to something like MyAutoText.dot. If it contains any macros, delete them. Store this template...

thumbnail previews with windows 7 and office 2007
How do I turn off thumbnails with Windows 7 and Office 2007? Click the View tab of the ribbon, look in the Show/Hide group, and uncheck Thumbnails. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. On Mon, 11 Jan 2010 13:58:02 -0800, itazuke <itazuke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I turn off thumbnails with Windows 7 and Office 2007? ...

New Email Message in Outlook 2007 starts in Body of email not in To: field
I have a number of users who have been upgraded to Outlook 2007 and now when click on New - Email the Email window opens with the cursor in the body of the email first. In previous versions the focus was always in the To: field. I can't find anywhere to change this. Anyone know? It should open in the to field fn new mail, in the body for replies.. Try Help, Office Diagnostics -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outloo...

Installing PostScript Printer
I just got Publisher and now I'm ready to make a PDF out of a document I created. Where can I download a free postscript printer (is there even one that's free) so I can create a PDF? Hi MusicMarth (MusicMarth@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I just got Publisher and now I'm ready to make a PDF out of a || document I created. Where can I download a free postscript printer || (is there even one that's free) so I can create a PDF? Assuming you just bought Publisher 2003, you can install the Generic PS Printer that is included. See the following ...

How to extract mailbox from EDB on a server that does not have exchange installer
hi all, has anyone ever been able to extract a mailbox (via a PST file) from an EDB file on a server that does not have exchange server installed? What are the files that I need to have locally in order to run exmerge.exe on that box. I know that exchmem.dll, libxds.dll are needed, but I want to find out what else is needed for a successful extraction. Any hacks out there :-) thanks a lot, Mike Have a look at this link http://nkibben.excelrecovery.com/exchangeserver/index.htm "Mike" <michmike@cs.stanford.edu> wrote in message news:9978dd46.0404291626.60bfa58b@posting.g...

searching within Word 2007 no longer works
I'm running Windows XP and Office 2007. For years I've used control F to search within Word and Excel documents. The command still works for Excel, but no longer for Word. What can I do to restore this valuable command In Word, click the Office button, and then click Word Options. In the Customize category, click Customize; Word displays the Customize Keyboard dialog box. Click the "All Commands" category and select EditFind in the list of commands. Make sure "Save changes in" is set to "Normal.dotm," and then reassign Ctrl+F. Click Close, an...

Re-install CRM 1.2 on SBS 2003
As an Action Pack subscriber I received CRM 1.0 sometime ago and thought I would look into this product. Since then I have tried to install CRM 5 times and failed every time for one reason or another. The most recent Action Pack had an excellent white paper dealing with the installation of CRM and I thought I would bite the bullet and find out what this product does. I installed SQL and everything went well until it screwed up the SBS 2003 backup. Loaded the hotfix for that. Got CRM working on workstation with XP2 (needed hotfix for that) Event log started filling up with duplicate credential ...

Installing Office 2007 from an upgrade disc
Old computer has Office 2003 upgraded to Office 2007. Purchased new computer and want to install Office 2007 but all I have is the upgrade disc. Can I install from an upgrade disc or will I need to buy 2003, install it and then upgrade? If there's no qualifying product on the new computer, then you can't use the upgrade. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "JimChan52" <JimChan52@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C49C839D-DAA4-4412-9483-6A0762F3C70E@microsoft...

Links open slowly in Outlook 2007 Professional
Is anyone else experiencing the same thing or have a fix for this? It takes 20-30 secs and sometimes longer for my IE to open a link when I click on it within an email. I have tried resetting the web defaults and making IE the default browser because I also have Firefox installed. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, newtechie What happens if you make FF the default? Do the links still take ages to load in FF or is it quicker? -- TechieBird http://bwain-dump.blogspot.com "Newtechie" wrote: > Is anyone else experiencing the same thing or have a fix for this? It takes ...

Install DPM 2007 in a 2 server setup
I need to install the dpm server using an external sql server. the sql server instance is available using the name of the server (it's the default instance) but the reporting services is accesible using a host name. sql: SERVER1 rs: reports.SERVER1. the dpm setup only asks about the sql server instance name, but not aboutn rs url. how can i install in this setup? i've managed to install dpm in my configuration registering a new spn for http/server1 so that the dpm setup see the reporting services server. "Catalin Adler" wrote: > I need to install t...

Excel 2007 Beta 2: Chart Title Centering Suggestion
The title of the chart is initially centered when a chart is automatically created. When additional information is added to the title, Excel fails to center the whole title based on the newly inputted text. Can we fix this please? Or at least give the option for Excel to do this? Thank you, Dzuy ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft...

Number of visible Tick Labels limited to 100 in Excel 2007
Hi, I have a line chart with more 120 categories. Even though I set the "Interval between Labels" under "Format Axis" to "1", the chart shows every other labels instead of every label. Then I reduced the number of categories to exactly 100, and the chart then showed every category. I then increased number of categories to 300, and the chart showed every 3 categories. All the while, "Interval between Labels" was set to 1. It seems like Excel 2007 is limiting the number of visible categories to 100 or less. This doesn't happen on Excel 2003. Ca...

convert windows PC ms word 2007 document to ms word: mac 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) <i>created windows ms word 2007 documents, saved to external hard drive, cant open into ms word:mac2008 ??</i> What is the error message? What format did you save in (DOC or DOCX or other)? --rms www.rmschneider.com matp@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) /created > windows ms word 2007 documents, saved to external hard drive, cant open > into ms word:mac2008 ??/ More detail required. If you are too lazy to type a question that f...

Installing AD Connector?
We are installing the Active Directory Connector on a 2003 server in a 2000 domain. We are eventually going to install Exchange 2003 on the 2003 server, then migrate the 5.5 sp4 mailboxes over. The connector is replicating between a 2K Win Sp 4 domain server and a 2K sp4 Ex 5.5 sp4 machine. We are trying to do a one way connection from Exchange to Windows. We then run ADC tools and when we get to step 4 and run Connection Agreement Wizard I get the following message: Error: The organization o=First Organization is already installed into this forest but the configured 5.5 server is a...

Installation Error 02-09-10
Could you help me install the product? I have tried your support site, and there is no information on the error message I get. Each time I try to install, I get the following message: Error 25221 Failed to set descriptor or object ose, system error: 2147023446 I am using Windows XP Professional Hi, jhfrank, Could you post back with which Office product(s) you are trying to install? -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "jhfrank" <jhfrank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3771429C-461A-43D1-BDFD-9...