Name could not be resolved. The connection to Microsoft Server is

How do I solve this?

I tried deleting the account from: control panel > mail
Outlook will not start in safe mode either.

Name could not be resolved. The connection to Microsoft Server is
unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action

I couldn't delete email or data accounts but after deletign the default
profile and allowing Outlook to configure automatically the issue resolved
itself.

"brainstewn" wrote:

> How do I solve this?
>
> I tried deleting the account from: control panel > mail
> Outlook will not start in safe mode either.
>
> Name could not be resolved. The connection to Microsoft Server is
> unavailable. Outlook must be online or connected to complete this action

configuring exchange 2000 server for inbound only
having some problems and want to configure exchange 2000 for inbound only. easy ? very easy~ close your firewall SMTP protocol -- Jammy "BILLEMERY" <EMERY_BILL@HOTMAIL.COM> ���g��l��s�D :48cab059.0410200726.7cb0929a@posting.google.com... > having some problems and want to configure exchange 2000 for inbound only. > easy ? dont think it's that easy, that would also not allow incoming mail. 25 is used for incoming and outgoing. "Jammyù�ٴ�" <jammylo@ms4.honet.net.NOSPAM> wrote in message news:<eNi5EVGuEHA.1272@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>... &...

Mail Format (Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages)
I've recently installed Outlook 2002 and when I'm trying to send a e-mail with Excel, Word ect by doing FILE SEND TO I've notice that th Mail Recipient is grey out. When I look in Outlook in Mail Format I'v notice that Use Microsoft Word to edit e-mail messages is grey out What can I do to enable this option? Thank ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

November 2004 Update Rollup for Exchange Server 5.5
Hello. Over the last few weeks my Exchange 5.5 SP4 server has been crashing mysteriously. The Information Store crashes and after I reboot the server everything is fine again. We have a mix of Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003 clients. I noticed that there is a November 2004 Update Rollup for Exchange Server 5.5 which appears to address this issue. How can I tell if the network administrator before me applied this update to the server? Would it be listed under ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS? I would really appreciate the help. Thanks. On Mon, 19 Dec 2005 11:51:51 -0500, "Corbin O'Reilly&q...

Microsoft Rich Text Box registration
I�m trying to insert a Microsoft Rich Text Box control (RICHTX32.OCX) on an Excel user form. It does it once, but on the second time Excel uninstalls it and posts a �The subject is not trusted for the specified action.� My security level is low and I have checked the Trust all installed add-ins and templates. I am baffled! -- raypayette ------------------------------------------------------------------------ raypayette's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29569 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=496799 ...

SQL Server 2005 (Express) / WES start failure
This failure started occuring a couple days ago. Thus far I have found little information on the nature of the problem or how to resolve this. This installation is used for the Windows Embedded Standard 2009 installation. Can anyone assist? 2010-01-13 19:26:01.28 Server Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.4053.00 (Intel X86) May 26 2009 14:24:20 Copyright (c) 1988-2005 Microsoft Corporation Express Edition on Windows NT 5.1 (Build 2600: Service Pack 3) 2010-01-13 19:26:01.28 Server (c) 2005 Microsoft Corporation. 2010-01-13 19:26:01.28 Server All rights re...

Cant send email using Virtual Server
I have SBS 2003 Server. I stop the Default virtual Server on Exchange protocol because somehow i cant telnet on port 25 and create new Smtp Virtual server and I copy all the setting of the Default smtp Virtual Server. I start the newly created smtp and I can telnet it now and also i check it via www.checkdns.net and it response that all my MX are working. But when I send email on out side our domain i get this error: The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was rejected by the server. The rejected e- mail address was 'disk0nek@yahoo.com'. Subject 'tes...

Can't send email from CRM after installing WSS on Exchange server
Hi, I have major problem after installing Windows SharePoint Services on Exchange server (Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 server). Now I can't send emails from CRM any more......error from the log is at the botom.... I have already tried this: 1. I have already corrected mailserverurl in the registry of crm server 2. I have checked permissions in MSCRMConnector folder in IIS of the Exchange Server and its Enabled anonymous access 3. I have configured WSS virtual server to use Kerberos authentiocation (because it was switched off during install, and for that reason my OWA didn't work) ...

Can Access consume a COM Server?
Can Microsoft Access consume a COM Server? If so, what does the syntax look like? Thanks, Jerry Hello Jerry. "Jerry Tovar" wrote: > Can Microsoft Access consume a COM Server? > If so, what does the syntax look like? Dim oWord as Object, oDoc as Object Set oWord = CraeteObject(Class:="Word.Application") Set oDoc = oWord.Documents.Add() oWord.Visible = True .... -- Regards, Wolfgang ...

Project Server 2007 Deployment on Windows server 2008 and SQL Serv
I want to deploy this scenario with two server installation in which one is application server and other is database server . 1st server installation softwares : ---------------------------------------- Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition Project server 2007 with SP 2 2nd Server Installation softwares : ---------------------------------------- Windows Server 2008 Standard Edition SQL Server 2008 I want to know it will work well with this scenario and windows server 2008 and sql serve 2008 are fully compatible with project server 2007. and is there will no issues ...

Subquery for column names
I have a database table with a large amount of analytical data in it - all floats but for a timestamp column. Instead of returning the entire set, I want to be able to return specific columns based on a "system" number that is specified as a parameter (in this case it is written in as "S02" for testing purposes) and compare the provided system number with the column names within the table - which is what the subquery currently does correctly. Aside from creating a stored procedure to handle the result and reformat it into a string to then use as a parameter of a ...

Executable Name of Windows Application
How do I retrieve the executable name (along with path) of a windows application using the Win32 API? Raj Well, if the application has a file extension associated with it, you could use AssocQueryString(). Otherwise, I'm not sure. "Marathoner" <rajk2000@msn.com.invalid> wrote in message news:OrM5C$KSEHA.1348@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > How do I retrieve the executable name (along with path) of a windows > application using the Win32 API? > > Raj > > I solved the problem. The following line of code solves the problem. ::GetModuleFileName(::GetModul...

Help with Delivery/Resolution problem
I will make my problem description brief for the moment as I am currently troubleshooting the issue. I have Two Exchange Servers: Adams, and Troosevelt My accounts on Troosevelt have a recipient policy that includes the following @domain: @test.company.com I have a third party hosting company that actually manages the mx records and aliases for test.company.com When anyone on troosevelt sends an email to anyone@test.company.com the following results happen: If an account resides on troosevelt, the email seems to be delivered if an account that has the @test.company.com ending, but ...

Friendly Name second request
All I have a need to change how Exchange sends email using friendly names. I know you can disable friendly names, but, I would like to know if there is a way, via AD or somewhere else, that you can modify what exchange uses as the attributes for friendly names. Right now it uses FirstName LastName, could or is there a way we could use say: Custom Attribute #2 ?? The reason I ask this is because, the internal corporate names for some users are not what they want others to read, like full last names for example, others don’t care I need a way to make this happen. Sending only email addresses ...

Outlook 2000 / Exchange Server 5.5
I am having an issue with several people on our network where the inbox does not automatically refresh with new e- mail. The user has to select another folder or do anything else in outlook and the mail will appear. We are using exchange server and this issue occurs on both Windows 2000 and Windows XP machines. Has anyone else seen this issue or know how to fix it? Matt <prdgy80@hotmail.com> wrote: > I am having an issue with several people on our network > where the inbox does not automatically refresh with new e- > mail. The user has to select another folder or do >...

column names
Another user of an excel sheet I created has changed the column names from the alphabetic ones to numbers making the transfer of cells by thier ref. difficultt . Instead of reading ref A1 for example it shows R1C1. Any ideas how i can change it back - have searched help with no success Go into Tools/Options/General and uncheck the R1C1 reference style box Best rgds Chris Lav "genie" <genie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A88EC58E-39A2-420F-B6D9-D6E412B65DFC@microsoft.com... > Another user of an excel sheet I created has changed the column names fro...

Connecting to CRM Web Client via Wireless
Another issue I'd appreciate help with: Do you know why I have access to everything on the network in a wired Ethernet environment, however if I go wireless, I cannot connect to CRM. I do have access to Outlook and the VPN in wireless. Curious if there is some network security setting or just a glitch. It doesn't even bring up the log-in where you would input password. All network settings are the same in wired or wireless. I do have pop-up blocker on, however, I have CRM as an exception where pop-up blocker is turned off. My laptop is new and came with XP SP2. The SP2 pop-u...

Problem with using named ranges to create charts
In excel 2003 to Define Name I write Names in workbook: Values Refers to: =Sheet1!$B$7:$C$7-Sheet1!$B$3:$C$3 and to SERIES formula I write =SERIES(;;Book1!Values;1) It works perfect in excel 2003. But why it doesn't work in excel 2007? Thanks ...

Data Stroage for Windows 2008 R2 Hyper-V servers
We would like to change our backup solution from Symantec to DPM 2010. I am unclear with how much storage is required for backups of our Hyper-V servers. We currently backup our servers to disk. If I have a Windows 2008 R2 Hyper-V host with 4 vms running on that host, and each vm has 10GB of storage (40 GB total), it seems that my first backup will take approximately 40 GB. When I do my second backup, will it require an additional 40 GB of storage, or will it only store the changed files on the four VMs? How will the third backup behave? Our hosts are configured with clustere...

SMTP Virtual Server Settings --- Lots of Sessions and Junk in Queu
Hello, I'm relatively new to managing Exchange 2003 and Exchange in general. Our mail server is up and running, we have a single Exchange 2003 server. it is behind a managed router, which uses NAT to send the external IP requests to the internal server on an internal IP. We have Outlook mail clients connected. At this time when looking at logs, our router is processing 1000+ requests from our mail server IP outbound on port 25. When I look at System Manager, I see tons of junk addresses in the queue as well as strange looking sessions under the SMTP virtual server current s...

Microsoft CRM Sales for Outlook Removal
I am unable to remove the 'Microsoft CRM' folder because it is read only and I can't seem to change this property. Furthermore I can not remove the program from the add and remove programs list because an error message comes up saying that CRM is no longer on the machine. The original user that had installed this software has been deleted from this machine. I need a way to make a registry edit so that CRM can be removed or installed under another user. Thanks in advance. Randy ...

Is there an ROI calculator for Microsoft Retail Management System.
Is there an ROI calculator for Microsoft Retail Management System? If so where can I download it? not sure if this is what you are looking for or not. www.gmroii.net "georgesg" <georgesg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EA22D802-0A5A-4D71-8608-DE0B9C17E636@microsoft.com... > Is there an ROI calculator for Microsoft Retail Management System? If so > where can I download it? ...

Restoring Exchange Srv back to alternative server in diff domain
I have an exchange 2003 backup which was backed up using NTbackup - is in the format bkf. How do I restore that backup on another exchange server on separate domain? I have tried the method 3 as suggested at the following url: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823176 but while trying to restore from the backup I get the following error: "unable to create the log path. Check to make sure that it is a valid path" When restoring I am trying to restore to a different server in my new domain called Be1 while my original exchange server was called Ex. Also on...

CRM with SQL 2k5 installation issue on Virtual Server
I try to build a test environment, below is the configuration: 1. Host - Dell PowerEdge 2950. Win 2003 Enterprise R2 x64 Edition, SQL Server 2005 STD x64 Edition(including report service),Virtual Server 2005 R2 x64 Edition. The host is Domain Controller too. 2.Guest Win2003 Standard R2 Edition,Microsoft CRM 3.0 First, the DB is on the guest system,i setup the CRM 3.0 with no problem,but for the DB performance reason,I moved the DB to the host machine. So I created a new virtual server and try to install the CRM 3.0,but i found these tow warnings: 1).Microsoft SQL Server Setup was u...

SUM across named sheets
I'm trying to get a sum of cell ranges from (named) sheets. For example I have sheets named for the week days: Sunday Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday Saturday In each sheet I have employees and hours. I would like to do a SUM of all hours worked for an employee in all the sheets. In OpenOffice I can reference a cell in a different sheet: Sunday.A1 My question, how do I refer to a cell in a different (named sheet) in Excel? I'm thinking something like =SUM(Monday.B7:B45,Tuesday.b7:b45,Wednesday.b7:b45,Thursday.b7:b45,Friday.b7:b45,Saturday.b7:b45,Sunday.b7:b45) would wo...

Using Microsoft Query data in a pivot table.
I'm using MS Query/SQL to pull data from a database that holds accounting information. I have a column (fee) that represents a payment that was made, so, obviously, the number is negative. In SQL, I can change the code to multiply the column by -1 (-1*fee)to make the data positive and everything works fine. However, when I refresh the data in my spreadsheet, it takes that field and moves it to the last column. Do Pivot Tables in Excel expect the columns in a certain order, or does it only look for a matching header, regardless of location? If the former is the case, how to I ge...