Moving email and address book to new drive

 I had a 320GB drive failure and installed a new 500 GB and formatted and
completely reloaded all my software on the clean disk.

I installed the 320GB drive as my 2nd (D:) drive and can access most of my
business files but I cannot get my old emails and address book from my old
drive.

Is there a file I can rename in my new drive (i.e. a made up example of
OULTOOKLIB to OUTLOOKLIBNEW or OUTLOOKEMAILS to OUTLOOKEMAILSNEW) and copy
and paste the original files from the old drive to the new? I would rename
the files on the new drive just in case something went wrong. It would allow
me to recover.

You'll find countless posts here that tell you how to migrate your Outlook
Data File from one location to another.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011124801033.aspx

--
Russ Valentine

"James ABQ" <James ABQ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I had a 320GB drive failure and installed a new 500 GB and formatted and
> completely reloaded all my software on the clean disk.
>
> I installed the 320GB drive as my 2nd (D:) drive and can access most of my
> business files but I cannot get my old emails and address book from my old
> drive.
>
> Is there a file I can rename in my new drive (i.e. a made up example of
> OULTOOKLIB to OUTLOOKLIBNEW or OUTLOOKEMAILS to OUTLOOKEMAILSNEW) and copy
> and paste the original files from the old drive to the new? I would rename
> the files on the new drive just in case something went wrong. It would
> allow
> me to recover.

0
Russ

Moving Dynamics
Can someone direct me to updated infomation on How to move GP 10 to a new server box with SQL 2008 KB article 878449 still applies and has updated information for SQL Server 2008. -- Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "tstrop" wrote: > Can someone direct me to updated infomation on How to move GP 10 to a new > server box with SQL 2008 ...

Backing Up Outlook Express Emails
Does anyone know how to back up email's in Outlook Express? Backup your dbx-files For more assistance ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Cindy" <anonymous@discussion...

Cannot move emails between folders

Trouble Importing Vendors into Items in a New Database
We are using a Microsoft SQL database import utility and have successfully imported all items into their respective departsment with the correct tax IDs ect. We cannot import the supplier choices into each item. What would be the quickest way to set each item up with their appropriate supplier choice? This customer has almost 1500 items and he doesn't look forward to enter each item by hand with its supplier setting. Hi Big Dave - where you able to import the suppliers into the supplier table ? - items are then linked to suppliers in the supplierlist table on item.id = supplierlist...

New Customer ID same as existing customer Name
Hi, I am trying to setup a new customer (Customer Maintenance screen) and the Customer ID of my new customer happens to be the same as a Name of an existing Customer. As soon as I enter Customer ID, the system does a lookup and automatically fills out all fields with information from an existing customer file. Is there a way to prevent system from doing a lookup, or maybe there is another way around that will allow me to do what I described. -- Thank you, There are two possibilities: a. the customer id you are entering already exists, or b. you have an add-on that automates lookups su...

ANN: New XML Differencing, Updated XML Mapping in Stylus Studio 5.3
A new update for the Stylus Studio XML IDE adds a new XML Differencing Tool, updated visual XML mapping tools and many other features. Download a free trial of Stylus Studio 5.3 at: http://www.stylusstudio.com/xml_download.html Highlights of new XML Differencing Tool: * Differencing of XML files and folders using a customizable color-coded XML tree view * Support for one-to-one and many-to-one XML file * Step through XML differences node-by-node * View differences using "split-screen" and "merged changes" views * Expand all changes, or collapse identical XML blocks to sim...

toggling between open work books
Re EXCEL97 under WinXP-Pro w/SR-2 Microsoft Windows allows you to easily toggle between applications using Alt-Tab. Is there a similar key board to toggle between two open workbooks in Excel? One can use Alt-W to display list of open workbooks, but you can�t just blinding hit the up or down arrow, because the most recently accessed workbook is not always at the top or bottom. I realize that I could get around the problem of opening two copies of Excel and then toggling using the Alt-Tab keys, but typically I�ve got two workbooks open in one copy of Excel before I realize I need the f...

How do I break URL address over two lines?
I am trying to enter website addresses into footnotes and Word automatically forces the footnote onto a separate line. I need to conform to certain aditing requirements and want the url to start right after the citation and continue on to however many lines are necessary, but not leave a gap because it starts the url on a separate line in the footnote. Help please. In the edit hyperlink dialog, put the URI in both the Address and Text-to- display boxes. That way you can use a space or linebreak to wrap the display text to the next line without affecting the hyperlink ability. Hyp...

Anonymous LDAP Browsing in OL2K3 Address Book
Authenticated users are able to browse, list, and resolve email addresses to my LDAP directory server. Anonymous users are able to resolve email addresses to my LDAP directory server but are not able to browse or list the LDAP directory. Is their a permission I need to set for anonymous users to be able to browse and list the LDAP directory? Any help is greatly appreciated. You need to ask this in a group that supports your mail serve, not the client. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name ...

why I see times new roman?
I have several html email messages composed in outlook express 6, I'm sure I highlited all text and set it to Arial 10. Then I drag the file to desktop, move it to vista windows mail draggin into inbox or other folder. The result is some parts of text shows arial 10 but some others Times new roman 10 or 12 what is annoying, because I use all arial 10, so I have to manually forward the email, highligh it again and set arial 10 and then, yes, I can see it properly. I checked the compose default font and everything is fine. Why is that? Is there any work around , helo...

Move pages from document to document?

Send 1 address to 2 mailboxes
I want to create an address and have any mail sent to that address delivered to two separate users' mailboxes. How can I do that. I've tried simply adding the address in the two users' "Email Addresses" tab in the User's properties of ADU&C. But it wouldn't allow me to add the same address to the second user ("This email address already exists in this organization"). I've also tried creating a new user for the address and forwarding the email to the 2 other users (Exchange General tab - Delivery Options button - Forward To field). But ...

Email to generate case
Hi, we've recently implemented CRM in out organization, we are a small IT support company, and as such we recieve support queries by email. I have set up CRM so that it puts inbound email in our support queue as email activities, is there any way to get CRM to automatically convert these email activities into new cases? Many thanks, Dan. c360 has an add-on that will do this (www.c360.com). -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Dan Baird" wrote: > Hi, we've recently implemented CRM in out organization, we are a small IT > support company, and as suc...

Reminder for a received email for follow up
I would like to put a reminder on an email already received. This reminder would basically call my attention to the email (even though the email is in a different folder). Is there a way I can easily do this? I'm using Outlook 2003 SP1. Thanks John Off the top of my head, quick and easy, drag and drop a copy into your calendar. -- K. Orland Such as are your habitual thoughts, such also will be the character of your mind; for the soul is dyed by the thoughts - Marcus Aurelius "John" wrote: > I would like to put a reminder on an email already received. This remi...

makro to return email
I want a makro that if a check box is checked, a email is send to a recipient. See your other mail and http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Esrei" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:174801c50514$05025190$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I want a makro that if a check box is checked, a email is > send to a recipient. ...

Phantom emails
Why would outlook 2007 try to send emails about every 60 seconds when there is no emails to be sent in the outbox? Carolyn On Mon, 24 May 2010 08:45:01 -0700, Carolyn <Carolyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Why would outlook 2007 try to send emails about every 60 seconds when there >is no emails to be sent in the outbox? >Carolyn What is the indication Outlook is trying to send e-mails? -- To reply via e-mail, remove The Obvious and .invalid from my e-mail address. Could it be a stuck read receipt? See http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/deletereadrecei...

modify contact address when account address gets modified
Hi, How do I ripple my changes from company level to the related contacts ? For example the main company phone number and the main address ? Do I need a product like Scribe for this, or can this be done with the workflow ? Thanks for any advice Wim You can't do this with workflow, and I don't believe Scribe can do this (though I may be wrong - I've only used Scribe for one project). I would think that you'd need to create a post callout using the SDK. There is more info at http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/CrmSdk1_2/htm/v1d2microsoftcrmversi...

Exchange 2003: Missing emails
Hello, Strange problem, not sure if anyone else experiencing: We are running Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2000 SP4. A manager came to me and asked where some files had gone in their folders. I checked through their mailbox, and sure enough the emails that had been filed away were missing. Checking through the backups, the email was last in the folder about 2 weeks ago. Does anyone know how i would audit what has happened here? i am not asking what has happened to these emails, but moreso who has accessed this mailbox, and when, in the last 2 weeks, thanks in advance John- Did your...