Moving email and address book to new drive

 I had a 320GB drive failure and installed a new 500 GB and formatted and
completely reloaded all my software on the clean disk.

I installed the 320GB drive as my 2nd (D:) drive and can access most of my
business files but I cannot get my old emails and address book from my old
drive.

Is there a file I can rename in my new drive (i.e. a made up example of
OULTOOKLIB to OUTLOOKLIBNEW or OUTLOOKEMAILS to OUTLOOKEMAILSNEW) and copy
and paste the original files from the old drive to the new? I would rename
the files on the new drive just in case something went wrong. It would allow
me to recover.

You'll find countless posts here that tell you how to migrate your Outlook
Data File from one location to another.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA011124801033.aspx

--
Russ Valentine

"James ABQ" <James ABQ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I had a 320GB drive failure and installed a new 500 GB and formatted and
> completely reloaded all my software on the clean disk.
>
> I installed the 320GB drive as my 2nd (D:) drive and can access most of my
> business files but I cannot get my old emails and address book from my old
> drive.
>
> Is there a file I can rename in my new drive (i.e. a made up example of
> OULTOOKLIB to OUTLOOKLIBNEW or OUTLOOKEMAILS to OUTLOOKEMAILSNEW) and copy
> and paste the original files from the old drive to the new? I would rename
> the files on the new drive just in case something went wrong. It would
> allow
> me to recover.

0
Russ

Email Merges via Quick Campaign
Hi: How can I send messages using a different email address when using the Quick Campaign Feature? I have experimented several times, but can't find a solution with using another AD account when sending bulk emails. Please help. Thanks. ...

Word text copied into email loses formatting alignment
When copying a Word document (containing indented and numbered paragraphs and bullet points into an email, the left alignment of the document loses its justification. How can this be fixed? -- HK If the formatting is important, send the document as an attachment. You have no control over how the recipient sees the email. If you are concerned that the recipient might not have Word, use one of the free pdf converters to convert the document into a .pdf file. -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my s...

Don't Want Email Addresses Hyperlinked
Using Excel 2002... Is there any way to have the email address I have in my worksheet remain as simple text? (They typically are blue and want to be "mailtos.") thnx Menu Insert|Hyperlink... Click the Remove Hyperlink button. HTH Kostis Vezerides Tools / AutoCorrect Options.... "Autoformat as you type" tab, uncheck "internet and network paths with hyperlinks" HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "phil6666" <phil6666@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:2tn6o194usnq8dtdr7g7nfciv2pd68ccrc@4ax.com... > Using Excel 2002... > > Is there any ...

moving mail/contacts from outlook express_ to_ outlook
I can not find any of my Outlook Express saved items: Thought they were at a location similar to below: C:\Windows\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook Express\Mail Searched by *.dbx / *.ibx / *.pst and opening every subfolder. Got a little ahead of ourselves and "switched" from OE to Outlook - Comcast claimed OE was the same or better, but we missed some of the Outlook features. Now we have lost our "address books" and some important attachments that were still within emails...the emails are downloaded somewhere on this hardrive as we have not deleted a thing...right ? ...

Address Book and other questions?
I have the following questions: How do I organize the address book to look like it does in Outlook - i.e. - detailed address cards? Can I change the color palette in Entourage? "Craig Schiffer" wrote: > How do I organize the address book to look like it does in Outlook - i.e. - > detailed address cards? I've never used Outlook so I couldn't even guess at how it looks. You need to post screenshots and give details of what you want the Address Book contact to show. You can post a screenshot link using a service like ImageShack. <http://imageshack.us/> How To...

emailing pictures.
what do i change my email settings to so that may send pictures (attachments)??? Version of Outlook? "confused" wrote: > what do i change my email settings to so that may send pictures > (attachments)??? 2003 (so sorry for the delayed response, i turned off my pc, b/c i was so irritated, all other help areas were just as confusing) "Mary" wrote: > Version of Outlook? > > "confused" wrote: > > > what do i change my email settings to so that may send pictures > > (attachments)??? If you are trying to use the Web toolbar to ...

Email Help: Sending Outlook email from Excel VBA
Hi All, How do I select a specific property in outlook while sending email from excel? There is an option we can set in outlook outgoing emails call "Voting buttons" in that feature there is a custom option that we can select called "Have replies sent to" its a checkbox. I want it checked when i send an email from excel. Hope i made it clear. Thanks in advance If sending through the Outlook Object Model, use the MailItem.VotingOptions property and MailItem.ReplyRecipients collection. -- Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP) http://www.dimastr.com/ OutlookSp...

How do I export email addresses from excel to outlook?
I am trying to do a mail merge using email via outlook. I have 200+ addresses and I'd like to know how to import the addresses into the contacts section of outlook to do the merge from there. I've tried the help part of out look but it comes up saying that the excel file has no named ranges and that I should use excel to name the range of data to be imported. Any help much appreciated. Thanks Mark In outlook select file/import export/ import from another program or file/ and then follow the instructions from the wizard. Why do you want to do the mailmerge from Outlook? You can...

Download email #2
How to download email from Microsoft exchange 2000 to Outlook Express?? without leave a copy at Exchange server. Outlook Express cannot download mail from Exchange. Why are you trying to do so without leaving a copy of the mail on Exchange? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Edi asked: | How to download email from Microsoft exchange 2000 to | Outlook E...

Starting with a new pst file
Hi, I would like to start with a blank pst file. I want to start again with no contacts, no emails, no appointments. How should I proceed to make this? Thanks for your help, Olivier Olivier Verdin <olivier.verdin@playcorporate.com> wrote: > I would like to start with a blank pst file. I want to start again > with no contacts, no emails, no appointments. Assuming Outlook 2002/2003, since you didn't think it important to mention your Outlook version, click File>New>Outlook Data File, Browse to where you want the new PST (or accept the default), give it a name ...

macro for work book
How can I write a macro to have it refresh data and text to column/ fixed width How can I develop this macro not for a sheet but for a work book. Thanks Daniel Daniel; Hate to say so, but I don't understand anything of your question. Also, what does this have to do with "Excel charts"? -- Wigi http://www.wimgielis.be = Excel/VBA, soccer and music "Daniel" wrote: > How can I write a macro to have it refresh data and text to column/ fixed width > > How can I develop this macro not for a sheet but for a work book. > > Thanks > Daniel > ...

Problems with Using Word as Email Editor
We use Hummingbird DM 5.1.0.5 for our document and record management. When using this program, it has a problem with Outlook using Word as an Email Editor. When this is turned on, it seems that Outlook opens a different instance of Word. When you try to open or create a word document, you lose the ability to save or print. These features return to normal when you uncheck Word as an Email Editor in Outlook. I have heard that Microsoft was taking this up with Hummingbird to have them fix it. I am just wondering if this was to be resolved, or if it is Hummingbird's problem to ...

Email header in Entourage in Spanish/Italian or Portuguese instead of English
I'm using Entourage 2004 on a ppc mac; OS 10.4.8 is setup in American English, Keyboard is in American English; only my regional settings are for Vancouver, Canada. I was surprised to see the other day that the header of each email I have receive since installing entourage is in a romance language; either Spanish, Italian or Portuguese. I have the latest update for Office 2004. Any tips on how to change that would be appreciated. Regards, Mihai ...

i need to type on top of a line without it moving
I am trying to type on a line in a document, but the line moves when I do. I need to know how to type on top of the line without it moving in the document. To create the line I pressed the "dash" key and held it down. If I have created this the wrong way, please help me to get it right. I have Publisher 2007. Thank you Linda Don't type the line using dashes; type the line then use the line tool to draw the line under the statement. -- Don - Publisher 2000� Vancouver, USA "Lulu" <Lulu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E2DDA57-0A3C-4E59-...

Adding a new Entity in MSCRM
Hello How can I add a new entity in MSCRM and attach a workflow in this. Are there any detailed steps that I can use to create a new entity in MSCRM. Any help is appreciated Thanks In MSCRM 1.2 you cannot add entities; but in the next release you will be able to "Riz" <Riz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E61839A6-57CA-474D-9D3D-BFB6F8C1543E@microsoft.com... > Hello > How can I add a new entity in MSCRM and attach a workflow in this. > Are there any detailed steps that I can use to create a new entity in > MSCRM. > Any help is appreciated &g...

emailing spreadsheet
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Every time I email a spreadsheet as an attachment the recipient cannot open it. I have tried copy and pasting it onto a word doc but apparrently it still doesn't open. What am I doin wrong It's hard to be sure because you don't indicate what *does* happen when the recipient tries to open it, whether these are Mac or Windows users, nor do you disclose any details pertaining to the email specs you or the recipients are using. You may be doing nothing wrong at all. It could be a problem with your ...

Naming new server
Cana anyone tell me if there are any implication with Exchange 2003 with having the server physically named "xyz.company.com" and having a cname in the internal dns that point "mail.company.com" to "xyz.company.com"? I'd sooner not have to have users needing to know the specific name of the server they need (whether using pop3/imap/smtp/webmail) but I don't know if using an alias is likely to cause problems? TIA, Paul On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 02:56:43 -0800, Paul Hutchings <paul@spamcop.net> wrote: >Cana anyone tell me if there are any implicat...

Email naming standards
I'd like to take a survey of email address naming standards and which ones you use. I've looking online for a "naming conventions" FAQ but had very little luck. At my company, it's currently lastnamefirstinitial@company.com, or smithj@company.com. I would like to lobby to change it simply because it's so out of step with the rest of the world. The way I see it, when it's jsmith@company.com there's a logical progression from left to right. We are changing the company name (and domain name), so the way I see it this is the perfect time to do it. Opinions? ...

How to make Outllok Express the default email
When I click to send an Excel worksheet, the default is through Microsoft Outlook. How do I make it send through Outlook Express (not as an attachment)? TIA. Mike To set in Outlook Express as default email you have tp do it through Internet Explorer. In Internet Explorer select Tools:InternetOptions the Programs tab and select Outlook Express for the Email section. When you use File:SendTo in excel do not use the as attachment option option --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Thanks for the quick reply; but still not sending by Outlook Express. Mike "dcronje &g...

Lexar USB Flash ("Jump") Drives and Windows 98
Hi, I posted this (below) last year in Sept. I thought perhaps it can help someone who also uses Lexar "Jump" drives. Note: I did not buy another Lexar "Jump" drive after I posted this: I am a very active user of Windows 98se, and Lexar's "Jump" USB flash drives. Lexar's web site, the last time I checked over a year ago, provided the Win98 driver, but "JDUSBMS.INI" did not include the newer flash drives. What was missing is the PID in the .INI file of some of the newer Lexar flash drives (the ones I bought). ...

Copying email to other people
I have a situation where the owner of a company wants to be copied on email that goes to one of their employees. I can set up a rule in the employee's Outlook to forward mail, but they will be ableto see that it is being copied. Is there a way at the server level to have the incoming mail to someone get copied automatically to another mailbox without the first person's knowledge? I hope this is clear. Thanks! Hi you could set a journal mailbox per mailbox store in Exchange 2003 and in Exchange 2007 you could set a transport rule Henry "mrecomm101" wrote: > I ha...

workflow send email template to both case contact and account
I am in a desperate search to find a solution for creating a workflow that sends an automated email notification upon Case open to both the contact that submitted the case and parent account's primary contact/email. It seems that i can only do this manually, or send to one or the other but not both. Any suggestions from another service provider that has tackled this issue? Perhaps I am not seeing a logical approach that already exists. thanks, Austin ...

Calendar
I'm using Outlook 2007 and once in a great while I accidentally move a Calendar item to another day, a day I did not intend to. Is there a way to have a prompt - 'Are you sure you want to move this?' ... or something like that? Thanks, Dave Horne "Dave Horne" <davehorne@home.nl> wrote in message news:%237GZFTIuJHA.4928@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > I'm using Outlook 2007 and once in a great while I accidentally move a > Calendar item to another day, a day I did not intend to. > > Is there a way to have a prompt - 'Are you sure you want to m...

Exchange 5.5 and dcpromo new domain
Hi, I have the following problem: I had an Exchange 5.5 server that was a member server in a NT4 domain. I've upgraded this server to W2K domain controller of a new domain and now, I can't get into the Exchange administrator program anymore: "You do not have the permissions required to complete the operation" and DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS. This must be because only members of the old domain have permissions on the Exchange server (according to the directory service). When i use "runas /user:olddomain\exchange c:\exchsrvr\bin\admin", I get "unknown user na...

how can I get outlook to set up my email accounts and have the se.
I keep getting error messages that the email server would not allow access, then the message now says that the email address line in outlook may be wrong, but I have checked it several times, and it is correct. It acts as though my previous attempts have somehow not been erased from the memory of the program. cjseals3 wrote: > I keep getting error messages that the email server would not allow > access, then the message now says that the email address line in > outlook may be wrong, but I have checked it several times, and it is > correct. It acts as though my previous attem...