I have a e-mail in my delete file that will not deleate.

I have tried to delete a file from my junk mail file, when I try to remove
the e-mail I get a message to go to an in box repair tool, with a
scanpst.exe.  Nothing appears when I type in scanpst.exe and this e-mail I
cannot move the e-mail it is frozen

Search, to include hidden files for scanpst.exe.
You dont run scanpst.exe from within outlook

"roger" <roger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have tried to delete a file from my junk mail file, when I try to remove
> the e-mail I get a message to go to an in box repair tool, with a
> scanpst.exe.  Nothing appears when I type in scanpst.exe and this e-mail I
> cannot move the e-mail it is frozen

0
DL

Need to delete roaming profile after logoff
Is there a way to delete roaming profiles off the clients after the user log offs? We don't have enough space on some workstations and need to free space when users are not on the system. The server is Win2K8, and we have clients from XP to Win7. Thanks "Allyn" <Allyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:40A868B2-479B-479C-ABD6-0DB8FD691E52@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to delete roaming profiles off the clients after the user > log > offs? We don't have enough space on some workstations and need to free > space > when ...

can i delete the last 3 characters in each cell in a column in 1 .
I have a column of names followed by a number. Obviously the names are of different lengths but the numbers are consistent, so i need to remove say 8 chars from the right of each filed in the column. I'm sure I have done this before but can't remember how! D'oh! In an empty column, enter this formula (assuming your names are in column A and all the numbers are 8 characters long) =LEFT(A1,LEN(A1) - 8) - works if there are no spaces between the name & numbers =LEFT(A1,LEN(A1) - 9) - works if there is one space between the name & numbers "homer" wrote:...

Delete records in a worksheet
I'm working on a simple program that lets the user enter, edit and print the data. I developed the program using Microsoft Excel 2003 with VBE. The problem is that, under Edit button I want to enable the user to edit the existing data and save as well as to save as another name. But, how to let the user delete the data in the worksheet? Example : When the user clicked on Delete button, an input box will appear as to ask which data to be deleted. When the user entered the name of the file, it will automatically delete the entire data corresponding to the filename. There are 2 datas with...

URGENT PRIV1.STM file near limit
Hello, I have Exchange 2003 standard configured with several mailboxes, all used with pop3 connections from external clients (no messages will remain on the server for more than a few hours). Now, I have reached the database size limit of 16 GB but the strange thing is that the priv1.edb file size is only about 200 MB, but the priv1.stm file is 15,8 GB. The store is continuosly stopped by the system and I don't know what to do. I've tried to limit the mailboxes max size, tho set the retention time for deleted messages and mailboxes to 0, I made several offline defragmentation, ...

Something keeps changing mail settings
In accounts, properties, servers My incoming POP3 mail server setting and account name setting are unstable. Soemthing keeps changing them. The incoming mail server is being changed to "localhost" and the account name keeps being changed to have my e-mail address appended onto the end of it. Very vexing and frustrating matter. Running Outlook 2000 (9.0.0.2711) and Outlook Express 5 (5.00.2615.200) Running five machines in peer to peer home network. This is happ[enbijg to th4e two machiunes that use OPutlook and Outlook Express as mail, managers. Anybody seen or heard...

I deleted icons and lost sound
Have done a search and can't find anything similar - perhaps don't understand. Last night I plugged in my headphones via a USB and had no sound coming out of them. While trying options I 'disabled' three icons: a joint speaker/headphones, microphone, and another I don't remember the name. I thought I was doing what the button indicated, that is, disabling. But it seems that the disable command is an uninstall action. Now I have no sound at all and an error box telling me I have no sound device installed. I have tried updating WMP11 but am told my pc has a ...

CFile::Open doesnt open already opened MSWord File
Hi, I am facing a problem. I am trying to open a MS Word file using CFile::Open method. It works fine when file is not opened. But when that MSWord file is already opened, the CFile::Open function doesnt not open the file and return zero. Is it anything to do with the File Open mode i am specifying? here is the code i am trying to execute-- CFile f1; CFileException fe; int nFileException = 0; CString sFileName = "C:\\TestFile.doc"; BOOL b1 = f1.Open(sFileName,CFile::shareDenyNone,&fe); if(b1) { f1.Close(); nFileException = 0; } else nFileException = fe.m...

Delete / Remove Attachments from Reading Pane in Outlook 2003?
is this possible? i could have sworn i was able to do it when i first installed outlook 2003. in the Reading Pane, the attachment would show up in the header and i would right-click the attachment and select Remove, but now the option is grayed out. it doesn't make sense for it to be grayed out if unless it was usable at one time. if it was never an option to remove attachment from the Reading Pane, "Remove" shouldn't be there on the right-click menu. i can still remove attachments by fully opening up the email and right-clicking on the attachment and selecting Remove, b...

not deleting tasks even after several years
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Hi, <br><br>This is the problem that couldn't be fixed before and so I shelved Entourage. I recently un-tombed Entourage to sync with my iPad and even after trying to delete the more than 1200 tasks, most of which were reoccuring, they came back after I restarted Entourage. I am livid. I had to delete those 1200 one by one. It took over an hour. Mind you, I tried deleting these same tasks several times before I shelved the program with the same results. <br><br>If you know a way ...

2007 outlook will not import my outlook 2003 pst files as too big
i saved my old 2003 pst files and tried to import into outlook 2007 on another computer. only part of the file imports and i recive a message saying the file is too big. As posted here on a daily basis, you dont import native outlook data, you open the data file(s) within outlook Data files should be located on the HD, eg Documents folder, with read only attribute off "patrick" <patrick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DEE496F7-CC2C-4BA2-8CED-D984361C8ED7@microsoft.com... >i saved my old 2003 pst files and tried to import into outlook 2007 on > anot...

Mail Merge Freeze
Am using MS Publisher 2000 and trying to mail merge an Access file with 1,673 names/addresses into a postcard. Publisher freezes each time after it locates the file I want and present a window for editing. Even if I deselect all and then check off only 5 names at a time, it freezes...won't allow me to go to the next step. When I hit CTRL+ALT=DEL the window opens and says Publisher is not responding (I'll say!). Any suggestions? ...

Getting rid of Windows Mail
Whenever I enter into Windows Mail, it takes all of the e-mails from my online account and I can no longer view those e-mails online. This is beginning to be a problem when I'm not at home and need to access certain e-mails that have been moved to my Windows Mail on my laptop. How do I move all of my e-mails in Windows Mail, back to my comcast account and stop Windows Mail from transferring all of my e-mails every time I open it? I will also be travelling abroad soon without my laptop and need to access imporant e-mails that have been moved to my laptop. "Bri" &...

looking for dbx file format specification
hi, I am looking for dbx file format specification I am aware of the specification of Arne Schloh at http://oedbx.aroh.de, but it seems incomplete and unofficial is there something more complete and more official, describing the microsoft outlook 5 or 6 file format thanks, gjuro namely, the real question is how to write a program to read dbx files, preferably from .net (C# or VB.NET), preferably without any special library but with barebone byte reading, directly from file "Gjuro Kladaric" <gjuro@kladaric.net> wrote in message news:uK3Ci8#xK...

Trying to delete multiple cells that contain a specific word (not equation)
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I've had to export a form from QuickBooks Online to Excel so I could manipulate it. Within a column there are 115+ cells that contain a specific word that I need to delete all those cells. Is there something as easy as find and delete, rather than find and replace? I can't believe that I have to delete each cell individually. On 3/9/10 10:52 AM, JeanM@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I've had to > export a form from QuickBooks Online to Excel so I could manipulate ...

Suggestion needed from experts reg files
Hi, I am doing an app which involves freqent searching. So ,I thought of this way. Reading from the file once the system boots and cache the memory. When the file does not exist ,the app will not be executing else the app runs normal. I have done searching mechanism in the file. I am getting lost in caching the memory ,Pls explain how the whole procedure works and if at all pls give some sample code snippet. Regards YKUT Whether memory is cached or not is usually up to the memory manager. Why are you wanting to intervene? "YKUT" <ykutanoor2003@yahoo.com> wrote in messa...

How do I acces my sent mail in outlook?
How do I acces my sent mail in outlook? Open the "Sent" folder. sbrogdon wrote: > How do I acces my sent mail in outlook? click on the Sent Items folder "sbrogdon" wrote: > How do I acces my sent mail in outlook? sbrogdon wrote: > How do I acces my sent mail in outlook? So just what folders is are listed in the folder tree list shown in your install of Outlook? What type of e-mail account (POP, IMAP, HTTP/Deltasync, Exchange) do you access using Outlook? From WHERE did you send the e-mail? Using Outlook, using a different e-mail ...

Mail Store Offline
Hello Everyone, We are running Exchange 2003. Last night our Exchange server went offline from what appears to be due to our Mail Store reaching it's maximum size. This is what the Event Viewer indicated even after rebooting the server. However, when I looked at our priv1.edb file the size was under 14 GB (13,819,144 KB). This would indicate that we have not reached the 16 GB limit? I know looking at the size of this file is not the most accurate way to get the size of our Mail Store but it should indicate roughly how much space we are using. I did an offline defrag and did a Te...

Money 2000 Data File Not Converting Into Money 2007
When I open my old Money 2000 data file in Money 2007, Money offers to - and subsequently goes through the process to - convert it to Money 2007 format. It says that it's completed successfully, yet after it's finished, nothing's there !! No accounts, no bills - nothing !! And the original file has been changed or replaced (thank God I have backups !!!) because it won't go through the conversion process a second time if I try to open the file again. I haven't been able to apply SP1 and SP2 (see my other post in this forum) so I don't know if this issue is fixe...

Make confidential default setting for all e-mails
I work in HR so it would be helpful if all my e-mails went out marked confidential. At the moment I have to set the sensitivity of each e-mail so it would be helpful if Confidential was the default setting for all my e-mail. Is this possible? Rog <Rog@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I work in HR so it would be helpful if all my e-mails went out marked > confidential. At the moment I have to set the sensitivity of each > e-mail so it would be helpful if Confidential was the default setting > for all my e-mail. Is this possible? Perhaps with a custom form. Start ...

Import UNIX mail files into Outlook 2003?
Is it possible to import UNIX mail files into Outlook 2003? I have many messages in UNIX mail files, from using Mozilla Mail, and would like to import these messages into Outlook 2003. When I click File | Import and Export | Import Internet Mail and Addresses it shows these two options: Eudora (Pro and Light) 2.x, 3.x, 4.x Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x I also cannot find a way to import UNIX mail files into Outlook Express 6 SP1. In Outlook Express 6 SP1 when I click File | Import | Messages, I tried all options to see if any of those options would import the UNIX mail files from Mozi...

Error: This view is damaged. The default view will be used
Has anyone seen this before. I have a user with a new install of Outlook. He has been able to send and receive just fine. He opens up Outlook now and some of his folders are un-available. Folders = Deleted / Puplic folders / Favorite and a couple others. Try this - CLose Outlook Select Start | Run Enter outlook.exe /CleanViews (note the space between ".exe" and "/CleanViews" Select OK ....any better? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlo...

Print Excel files from a BAT file.
I would like to print to a network printer a bunch of Excel files using a BAT file. The network printer drivers are installed in Windows XP. I read the Excel parameters but none are for sending a print job to a printer. Can someone provide a BAT Start commnad line for me? -- Victor Manske Computer Network & Systems Consultant ...

Import/Merge PST file into existing mailbox
What is the best way to merge messages, calendar, etc. into an existing Exchange mailbox? I need to do this preserving the existing mailbox data hopefully without getting duplicates? Thanks for help! On Fri, 17 Mar 2006 17:48:13 -0800, Neilrahc <Neilrahc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >What is the best way to merge messages, calendar, etc. into an existing >Exchange mailbox? I need to do this preserving the existing mailbox data >hopefully without getting duplicates? > >Thanks for help! > Exmerge. There is an option to not create duplicates based upon mess...

Files are not in Player
I have Windows xp, Windows Media PLayer 11. I have recorded songs and they are in the C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player file ....but they do not show in Windows Media Player. Anyone know why and how I get them copied over ?? Thanks Dennis C:\Program Files\Windows Media Player isn't the right location for songs. Move them to the My Music folder (in My Documents), and they should show up in WMP automatically. Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk Dennis wrote: > I have Windows xp, Windows Media PLayer 11. > > I have recorded so...

format of excel file to be counted as Table for Access
While importing external data, there is an option of importing an excel file in the form of a Table. Though a table in Access also has headings & data below it, what does the utility expect an excel file to contain? Thanks ...