Hi, trying to help a friend who migrated to hosted mail with MAPI. She is
running Oultlook 2003 with latest updates. In the navigation there are
personal folders and MAPI folders. The personal folders always show at top
and  expanded, with the MAPI folders below and not expanded. She only wants
to see the MAPI folders expanded in the navigation view. I tried deleting the
personal folders and it would not let me and it will not let you deliver to
MAPI, which I understand why. Does anyone know how to make this happen?
Thanks.

Is this a hosted Exchange account?
You can change the default delivery location in;
Tools-> Account Settings...-> button Next-> drop down list at the bottom.
After restarting Outlook, you can disconnect Personal Folders file via;
File-> Data File Management...

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"JaxDeVO" <JaxDeVO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, trying to help a friend who migrated to hosted mail with MAPI. She is
> running Oultlook 2003 with latest updates. In the navigation there are
> personal folders and MAPI folders. The personal folders always show at top
> and  expanded, with the MAPI folders below and not expanded. She only
> wants
> to see the MAPI folders expanded in the navigation view. I tried deleting
> the
> personal folders and it would not let me and it will not let you deliver
> MAPI, which I understand why. Does anyone know how to make this happen?
> Thanks.

0
Roady

Nested Groups
We have nested groups (specialty areas) inside of a main discipline group. All groups are set to expand on the local server. We are experiencing issues with using this main group to assign permissions on Public Folders and to set it as allowed sender for message restrictions for other distribution groups. Has anyone come across this before? Does anyone know of a fix? Are these mail-enabled Security Groups? -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Heather Arnot" <HeatherArnot@discussions.microsoft.co...

OWA Cannot download docs from Public folders
I am running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003. I have a dedicated front-end servers. When I go to a public folder that I placed a document in (and BTW I am the owner of the public folder and have no problems accessing it through Outlook 2003) and try try and open the doc through OWA I get an HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden , You are not authorized to view this page error When this was on Exchange 2000 I did not have this problem and all I did was an upgrade from E2K to E2K3 What gives? "Scott Arnst" <sarnst@umflint.edu> wrote: >I am running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003. I have ...

Subform view
Hi all, I have one subform in a main form which is working fine with the exception of how it looks whenever I open the main form. Whenever I open my main form, the view of the subform is always in the middle of the form. I need to scroll up to see the top of my subform. The subform does contain a lot of fields so I understand my users will need to use scroll bars. But is there anyway to start the view at the top of the subform? It is highly annoying to have to scroll up every time the record changes in order to start at the top of the subform. Any insight is greatly appreciated. Thank...

Outlook 2003
First the broad question then the specific one. Thanks to all for an help anyone might have. I'm trying to understand the finer points of advanced filters whe defining my own custom views for contact information, and I am havin trouble understanding the syntax for the 'values' of the advance filter. Does anyone know of a good web dictionary or other resourc for this? And now the specific question. We have a membership structure an membership will be expiring within 60 days. How do I create a advanced filter to report which agencies will be expiring in 60 days? I created a fi...

Problem with personal certificates
Hi, I have a personal Thawte certificate installed in Outlook 2000. I am getting an error when trying to open an email I sent to myself as a test. It says 'Can't open this item. Your Digital ID name cannot be found by the underlying security system.' What on earth does that mean? How do I resolve this? Thanks, Neil I actually have two - one each for two email addresses. They are both installed, but the one for my default address is selected. Do I have to match up the encryption algorithms with the certificate specs? Can I uninstall and re-install them? Will this resto...

Query based on selection in form (Datasheet view)
I would like to make a query based on a selecion (more than one selection) in a subform in datasheet view. the point is to be able to use this query as a base for sending email to the selected posts, delete the selected posts or perfor other functions. ...

How do I get the lines to stop printing in my pictures?
I am printing a brochure and I have lines going through my picutre. You can't see them until you print the brochure. I have gone into the formatting options and on color and lines I have taken out the lines but as soon as I get out of the options the lines come back. How can I keep them out of the picture? Could be your picture is corrupt. See if re-inserting it helps. Is your printer driver current? Check with the manufacturer's web site. What version Publisher? Is the brochure a template or are you creating from scratch? I am not sure this article is helpful in your situation...

How to increase folder size of my 2003 Autlook, it is full
It seems like it is impossible, but I guess I ran out of room in Outlook 2003. I need all this info, how can I enlarge the folder..........Peter It is indeed practically impossible. Your post is quite unclear. Clarify what you mean along with the evidence that makes you think Outlook is "full." -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "PeterM" <pmaston@comcast.net> wrote in message news:0d-dncBp_ZgvEK_YnZ2dnUVZ_tCdnZ2d@comcast.com... > It seems like it is impossible, but I guess I ran out of room in Outlook > 2003. I need all this info, how can I enlarge the fol...

How do I get a watermark in the background to print on a document
I am not an experienced user of publisher. I have a watermark in the background of a page but I can't get it to show up when I'm ready to print. Is the watermark on the Master page? Do you have view, ignore Master page checked? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "stexasdave" <stexasdave@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E055C6F1-33F5-4E71-B7E8-C3B5CB61A6D1@microsoft.com... >I am not an experienced user of publisher. I have a watermark in the > background of a page but I can&...

how to get the application directory (where .exe is located)
I'm trying to get the directory(path) of the application where .exe file exist. I'm sure there is a function for this purpose but just couldn't find the name of the function thanks in advance GetModuleFileNameEx(). -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Han" <hsung@Energygraphics.com> wrote in message news:21ba01c3731a$738780f0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I'm trying to get the directory(path) of the application > where .exe file exist. > I'm sure there is a function for this purpose but just > couldn't find the name of the function &...

How to invoke "Browse for folder" dialog from MFC
Hello and thank you for trying to help. I would like to invoke the "Browse for folder" dialog that asks a user to browse for just a directory, not files like CFileDialog. It has a tree control loaded with the file hierarchy, an OK and a Cancel button, that's it. Does anyone know how to invoke it?? Thanks, Ivan SHBrowseForFolder "Ivan Starr" <ivan@ivanstarr.com> wrote in message news:eIm4Z0ynDHA.2272@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello and thank you for trying to help. > > I would like to invoke the "Browse for folder" dialog that asks a use...

Transfer Calendar, Folder List, Contacts, Rules, etc
Win2K O2K SP3 Outlook2K I had to create a new user/profile for myself on the same PC. The previous user/profile is still accessible. How can I transfer my Outlook settings, i.e. Calendar, Contacts, Folder Lists, Rules and others to 'the new' user? Copy over the pst-file and reconnect to it via; File-> Open-> Personal Data File... Also see; http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http:...

Windows mail gremlins
I have just lost all the folders in my Windows Mail left hand margin. I have had a few problems recently where all the folders dissappear and re-booting the system makes come back, but yesterday all I have is my mailboxes. Does anyone know how I can fix both of these issues? In the left pane of Windows Mail, all that should be there are the folders. I have no idea what you mean when you say your mailboxes are in the left pane. As to the folders, check: View->Layout->Folder List Expat;1634506 Wrote: > I have just lost all the folders in my Windows Mail left hand m...

How do I get Junk email in Outlook 2003 to start working again?
I have just upgraded to Windows 7 from XP. I am using Outlook 2003. I have Junk Email set to HIGH filtering and have many Safe Senders and Blocked Senders. Junk Email was working in W7 for a little while, but now has stopped filtering. I do not use Reading Panes. I have rebooted. What can I do to fix Junk Email? Thanks "mcarpeneto" <mcarpeneto@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ACD6CA14-CF12-4200-B528-664977F24FE8@microsoft.com... >I have just upgraded to Windows 7 from XP. I am using Outlook 2003. I have > Junk Email set to HIGH filter...

How can i filter offline copy of public folder?
Hello, We have a public folders which receives all our newsletters and other news via e-mail. I want to make this available offline, but I don`t want the entire folder, only the last 14 days of e-mails. I am aware of the "FIlter" button on the Synchronization tab on the folder, but I have no option to set it to "last 14 days" here. Can anyone help? Best regards, Trond Hindenes ...

Unable to display the folder #6
HI all, We have public folder here and share information. We can browse to any folders if we navigate it from public fodler>... ba ba ba >.. ... We try to setup outlook today, and create a shortcut to some folders. However, most of them works, just a few do not. The fodler is exist and workign properly if we do not use the shortcut. Even set that specific folder as a favourite works. Just can't wotk with outlook today. Once I click the short cut to that fodler form outlook today, it will say " Unable to display the folder. Microsoft office outlook could not access t...

filtered rows getting shaded alternately (conditional formatting)
Dear Experts: The following formula (=MOD(SUBTOTAL(3,$A$1:$A2),2) as a conditional format keeps up alternate shading even if a list is filtered Now I would like to use a macro solution to automate this process with the following requirements: - The List is in Sheet 1 and has the following name: 'Sheet 1! DataList' - The macro solution should allow for extension of the list below the named range, i.e. a dynamic named range is to be used in the macro - Alternate grey shading is to be applied Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Regards, Andrea...

Get help with Mail
In the Help folder should I get help with Get help with Mail. But the web address seems not to be correct. Is there anybody who knows how I can get back the help function? It's broken at the moment. There's a lot going on involving lots of different teams, and co-ordination between them is not exactly 100%. I'm not quite sure what you mean by the 'help folder', but to access the help that's available (for what it's worth), go to http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=wl_mailv3 You could also try http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions.aspx?productid=15 ...

During search get Password panel popping up
HI, In XP during some searches, I get a panel which tells me I need a password to access a file. At times I have this many times but wehn I use the 'cancel' option a few times they go and the search can continue. I can never see what actual files these relate to so cannot do anything to stop them popping up. Any help please? rock ...

Preview Pane
In outlook express my preview pane takes up the whole page . I have to scroll down to see my in-box mail. What went wrong. It was ok until now. This group is for Windows Live Mail, not OE. In WLM, the Preview Pane can be positioned to the right of, or below the message list. In either location, it does not block folder pane, where the Inboxes are located. -- Windows 7 Ultimate http://get.live.com/wlmail/overview http://download.live.com/wlmail "Andy Petro" <andy.petro@sympatico.ca> wrote in message news:hdv6h4$rsd$1@news.eternal-september.org... ...

Outlook Express Error creating folders
Every time I try to create a net folder in Outlook Express I get an error stating "The folder could not be created an error occured" I am trying to create sub-folders within by inbox. I have tried reinstalling Outlook Express, but the error still occurs. The folder creation feature was working at one time, because I have 10 subfolders at this time, but I need to create more. I am running Outlook Express 6. Please help! ...

How do I get a free font download for this font...Geometr231 BT
See subject On Jan 31, 3:03=A0pm, djnor <dj...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > See subject Find it, using your favorite search engine, and download it. ...

Changing the default folder view when opening or saving a file
In PowerPoint 2003, when clicking file>open to open an existing file, the “open” window defaults to the List view. Can the “Details” view be saved as the default? ...

How do i get the excel worksheet to automatically add or change c.

View task pane and mail #2
Hello!! Using Outlook 2003 - Does anyone know if there is a way to view the mail as well as the task list? Similar to the view I can acheive using Calendar and task list. Thanks! Chris only by creating a folder home page using the outlook view control. There are some samples at www.digidashlive.com -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Cente...