Help question answer please up grading from 2000-2003

I am updating from office outlook 2000 to 2003. I am not  comp. savy but
trying to do a safe  update and need some advice. I backed up all office
files, contacts
e-mails etc to a PST. When I installed 2003 disk it asked me to remove 2000
first.  So I asume the procedure I would do is to add/remove 2000 install
2003 and import back the PST. sounds easy

I thought since this was a update that it did everything Automactily
Should my 2000 PST back up restore to the 2003 office when installed ?
If I remove 2000 I have no disks to reinstall if things should go south
thats why I am trying to be very carefull.
Is there away I can have both copies on the hard drive?
or am I just freaking and do the unistall and reinsatll 2003
advice please??????
--
Microsoft Office 2003 Version
Students and Teachers Edition

Thank-you
Carl R

I am doing this upgarde on an other computer  which is XP
--

"Carl R" wrote:

> I am updating from office outlook 2000 to 2003. I am not  comp. savy but
> trying to do a safe  update and need some advice. I backed up all office
> files, contacts
> e-mails etc to a PST. When I installed 2003 disk it asked me to remove 2000
> first.  So I asume the procedure I would do is to add/remove 2000 install
> 2003 and import back the PST. sounds easy
>
> I thought since this was a update that it did everything Automactily
> Should my 2000 PST back up restore to the 2003 office when installed ?
> If I remove 2000 I have no disks to reinstall if things should go south
> thats why I am trying to be very carefull.
> Is there away I can have both copies on the hard drive?
> or am I just freaking and do the unistall and reinsatll 2003
> advice please??????
> --
> Microsoft Office 2003 Version
> Students and Teachers Edition
> Windows Vista Home Premium
>
> Thank-you
> Carl R

1) No you cannot have two versions of Outlook
2) With outlook closed copy all pst files to eg Documents
3) Uninstall Outlook /Ofice2k and reboot
4) Install Outlook /Office 2003
5) Outlook 2003 may connect to the Origonal outlook profile/data files, if
it does, close Outlook, use the mail applet in the Control Panel to add a
new data File, set that as default
6) Open Oulook, copy data from old set of personal folders to the new empty
set

"Carl R" <ritcey@clearwire.net> wrote in message
>I am updating from office outlook 2000 to 2003. I am not  comp. savy but
> trying to do a safe  update and need some advice. I backed up all office
> files, contacts
> e-mails etc to a PST. When I installed 2003 disk it asked me to remove
> 2000
> first.  So I asume the procedure I would do is to add/remove 2000 install
> 2003 and import back the PST. sounds easy
>
> I thought since this was a update that it did everything Automactily
> Should my 2000 PST back up restore to the 2003 office when installed ?
> If I remove 2000 I have no disks to reinstall if things should go south
> thats why I am trying to be very carefull.
> Is there away I can have both copies on the hard drive?
> or am I just freaking and do the unistall and reinsatll 2003
> advice please??????
> --
> Microsoft Office 2003 Version
> Students and Teachers Edition
> Windows Vista Home Premium
>
> Thank-you
> Carl R

0
DL
1/12/2010 12:15:09 AM
Thanks DL everything went perfect
--

"DL" wrote:

> 1) No you cannot have two versions of Outlook
> 2) With outlook closed copy all pst files to eg Documents
> 3) Uninstall Outlook /Ofice2k and reboot
> 4) Install Outlook /Office 2003
> 5) Outlook 2003 may connect to the Origonal outlook profile/data files, if
> it does, close Outlook, use the mail applet in the Control Panel to add a
> new data File, set that as default
> 6) Open Oulook, copy data from old set of personal folders to the new empty
> set
>
> "Carl R" <ritcey@clearwire.net> wrote in message
> >I am updating from office outlook 2000 to 2003. I am not  comp. savy but
> > trying to do a safe  update and need some advice. I backed up all office
> > files, contacts
> > e-mails etc to a PST. When I installed 2003 disk it asked me to remove
> > 2000
> > first.  So I asume the procedure I would do is to add/remove 2000 install
> > 2003 and import back the PST. sounds easy
> >
> > I thought since this was a update that it did everything Automactily
> > Should my 2000 PST back up restore to the 2003 office when installed ?
> > If I remove 2000 I have no disks to reinstall if things should go south
> > thats why I am trying to be very carefull.
> > Is there away I can have both copies on the hard drive?
> > or am I just freaking and do the unistall and reinsatll 2003
> > advice please??????
> > --
> > Microsoft Office 2003 Version
> > Students and Teachers Edition
> > Windows Vista Home Premium
> >
> > Thank-you
> > Carl R
> >

> .

Help for time saving!
Hi I have got created an Excel Script that creates a Word Document. A bill. But for only 8 bill entries the script needs to much time. For this entries it works about 30 secounds. If you want to help me look at this page: www.kluesener.info/excel.html And if you find anything that saves time please tell me how I can do it better. Sorry for my bad english Many Thanks Jens ...

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Stupid question regarding reports
I am a former Quicken user switching to Money and I have what seems to me a very dumb report question. How do I create a new report? I've looked in the help file and in the online tutorial and users guide and find plenty of references to customizing an existing report but nothing about creating a new one. I realize that it must be there somewhere. Someone please help this dummy (it would be nice if they gave you even a 5 page manual though). Bob Had me guessing for a while also. Just click on "reports" and select which one you want. Don't forget to use "custom...

Crash on 'Send"

Need help with Auto Filter

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Outlook 2003

Help with income/expenses

help with simple maths in excel

Please ignore #2

Import from Eudora 6 to Outlook 2003

Excel Problem

Need Query Help

Help with a simple database
I am attempting to use Excel to develop a simple database for my office. The database basically lists a variety of orders purchased from various vendors, and my goal is to categorize and sort each vendor seperately. For example: GC Group 4/24/03 7831.1 $1,000.00 Alpha 1/20/03 7003.1 $2,000.00 Chandler 5/6/03 7050.1 $345.50 Is what the main chart looks like. Now, what I'm trying to accomplish is, suppose I added Tomsen 4/20/03 7873.1 $200.00 to the very bottom, Excel would automatically create a new tab (or even worksheet, if possible) tit...

HELP! remote data not accessible msg