Copying .nk2 file

We run Outlook 2007.  A user opened Outlook and received the message "Cannot
start Microsoft Office Outlook.  Cannot open the Outlook window."  After much
research, the only option that worked was creating a new profile.  The old
profile name was "Outlook".  I created a new profile using the username.
Outlook opens fine, however, the user lost all their cached entries (.nk2).
I copied the "Outlook.nk2" file
(C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook) and renamed it to the
username, which is the same name as their profile.  It still doesn't work.
Everytime the user opens Outlook, the username.nk2 is overwritten with a
blank username.nk2 file.  Am I missing something?

teenzbutler;112734 Wrote:
> We run Outlook 2007.  A user opened Outlook and received the message
> "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook.  Cannot open the Outlook
> window."

If the old mail profile still exists, configure Outlook to ask for the
mail profile when starting and run Outlook once with the /resetnavpane
command switch.  That should cure this problem and your problem with the
copied NK2 file as well.  Delete the new mail profile because you won't
need it.

--
Brian Tillman

[MVP-Outlook]