After a full computer restore how do i find my old e-mails

I have just do a full restore of my computer
OS is windows 7
did a full back up and have now restored all files
Have reloaded Outlook 2007
How do i find my old e-mails and contacts?

They may well have been overwritten in any backup / restore
Within Outlook, File>Open>Data File......what data files are shown?

"dwy39" <dwy39@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have just do a full restore of my computer
> OS is windows 7
> did a full back up and have now restored all files
> Have reloaded Outlook 2007
> How do i find my old e-mails and contacts?

0
DL

how do i automatically archive old cell contents to a separate .
I have a worksheet that contains lists of "action items", that is used to keep track of jobs that need to be done. I want to be able to automatically move the contents of a row of cells to another worksheet once the action item has been completed. In other words, once I have changed the value in a cell to "yes" (the action has been completed), the information is archived in a separate worksheet. Is this possible, and how? I'd keep them in place, but use Data|Filter|autofilter to show/hide what I want. I think it makes life much more simple--especially when you...

computer updated lost all old emails and files on outlook
recently had my computer cleaned of viruses and updated with new programs including a newer version of outlook .. seem to have lost all my files containing my emails - 6 years !!!.. Need to know if they are stored on computer or via a server ,.. How do iget them back .. please help !!!!! thanks Ashley "Ashley marshall" <Ashley marshall@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BD5B4FAA-C552-44F7-B1F9-B89376F80D9A@microsoft.com... > recently had my computer cleaned of viruses and updated with new programs > including a newer version of outlook...

Create mail-enabled users in bulk
I have several hundred users I need to create in my Active Directory organization. I need to make them MAIL-enabled users (NOT MAILBOX-enabled users). I can't find anything that allows me to bulk create the users and give them the Exchange attributes necessary to define their email addresses on the foreign mail system. Obviously, I can do it manually, but who wants to do that for 400 user accounts? Anyone know of a way to do this? I've got the user data and email addresses in a spreadsheet...just can't quite get it all into AD. Help!! Thanks, dave That is doable with a VB...

how to restore dialog? (there is problem)
in dialog base when I push button dialog maximize (except region of taskbar ) I used 'SetWindowPos' and I want that dialog size is restore(normal dialog) when push button again. what is problem? //******* bool flag=0; ::OnMaximize() { CRect rectWindow; GetClientRect(&rectWindow); ScreenToClient(&rectWindow); if(flag == 0) { CRect workarea; SystemParametersInfo(SPI_GETWORKAREA, 0,&workarea, 0); SetWindowPos(&wndTopMost,workarea.left,workarea.top, workarea.Width(), workarea.Height(), SWP...

How do I find all of the graphics in Publisher 2003?
I have the CD in the drive, but when I try to insert a graphic into my document, most of the time if comes up "not found". A major category such as "children" only brought up one image. I did not have this problem with 2002 version. Publisher 2003 shipped with a tiny amount of clipart. If you have your media disk from XP install it, it has its own setup. Otherwise you must be online to access the Office clipart. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "melanie@DSA" <melanie@DSA@discus...

Not Able to Send Mail
I am unable to send mail. I am using Windows Mail. I am receiving mail with no problems. I have included the error message below. Any assistance would be appreciated. The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'test', Account: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Server: 'mail.bellsouth.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E -- bwise When you got that error message, was your Internet connection being obtained from Bellsouth/AT&T? If not, what you experienced is normal. As a general rule, the owner...

Advanced Find to include All Contacts related to Account Records
We have a need to run an Advanced Find where the results from the Accounts entity will display/print "ALL" Contacts associated with the Account - not just the Primary Contact. We may be missing something very simple here, but we have just not been able to do this. If we open an Account, the left pane Contacts section will display all Contacts associated with the Account, so there must be a way to have an Advanced Find pull Account information that would include all the Contacts associated with the Account. We would appreciate any assistance, and our client would be extremely g...

Using Outlook 2000...need help moving mail
We have a Micosoft Mail postoffice that we use to handle internal mail. Now we have someone at the company who has a Palm Treo 700w smartphone. He needs to get his internal and external mail. Our external mail is a POP3 server, hosted by someone else, and this person can get email sent to his internet email address. We need a way to automatically forward the mail from the MsMail postoffice to the internet email address so we don't have to have everyone at the company forced to use his external address manually. ...

forwarding mailbox's mails using outside SMTP
I'm using Exchange 2003. I have already setup forwarding mails to outside mail address by creating a contact in AD and in Exchange General => Delivery Options added the contact and its working fine but I want to send mails using outside SMTP and currently it sending mails using local SMTP. Actually all this is require because the remote mail server has spam filter that rejects emails except only mails from defined SMTP. regards, Adil adilakram@yahoo.com ...

mail enabled printer?
Hi, is it possible to mail enable printer, i.e. to get printed whatever you send to myprinter@company.com? Thanks, Jan In news:uut78KoWHHA.1432@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl, Jan Kucera <miloush@community.nospam> typed: > Hi, > is it possible to mail enable printer, i.e. to get printed whatever > you send to myprinter@company.com? > > Thanks, Jan If you have a multifunction device that integrates with your network & is addressable via email, yes, probably. Exchange itself has no way of sending e-mail to a printer, though. Thanks. I wonder if you know how e...

Mail merge using postcard and Pub. 2007
There have been a few posts regarding this issue, and I have read them all but still can't seem to get it to work. I am trying to put four different addresses on the back side of a post card. Yes the preview shows all the same names, however printing does the same thing. This should not be so hard, please help. Jim When you are ready to print, select multiple pages per sheet. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jimv" <Jimv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E450D18A-BC8E-4844-984...

All incoming e-mail has a .txt attachment with message text
My problem seems to be the same as Rob-J. Starting this morning, all incoming e-mail received into Outlook 2000 (with SP-3 applied) now has both the regular incoming text, plus a .txt attachment with the exact same text in it. I have made no changes to any Outlook settings or Windows XP settings. Of course, some whacko keystroke may have occurred unbeknownst to me and done something, but of course I can't know that. Now for the really interesting part. I also have Outlook 2000 with SP-3 applied also installed on my laptop. It does NOT experience this problem! I have compare...

(?) Spending tracker
In Money 2007 Deluxe , I am using the Savings and Spending Budget tool. How do I set up the Spending Tracker to show me totals for a category, including its sub-categories? For instance, I have Food: Groceries, Food: Dining Out, Food: Lunch. For a given month, I don't know how much I will spend on each subcategory, but I can allocate a total amount for the category Food. I want the Spending Tracker to track the total for the category by adding the expenditures in all of the sub-categories. How do I set this up? Thanks, Stephen Tinius Washington DC ...

Retrieve Full Path of Attachment in Attachment Field
Hi I have a form where I have an attachment field. I use this field to select several files from one folder. Is it possible to retrieve the path of that folder when I am attaching the files to the the form? Thank you. Richard Richard, I asked this question a while back. Please click on this list to that discussion in this forum. http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?&query=File+Open&lang=en&cr=US&guid=&sloc=en-us&dg=microsoft.public.access.formscoding&p=1&tid=5dc1c328-00e0-4438-be32-ed9d8e4f82cd I use...

Must click Send/Receive to receive Exchange e-mail
Not sure if this is an Outlook issue or Exchange to I am posting to both groups. I am using Outlook 2003 SP2 with an Exchange 2003 SP2 server. The only way I can get new mail is if I click the Send/Receive button, or set a Send/Receive schedule. Out of 25 computers this is the only one this happens to. I tried completely deleting the Outlook profile and recreating and it still does it. Any suggestions? Thanks. Check the firewall. New mail notifications from Exchange to Outlook is sent via UDP. Maybe there's a block there. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldo...

outlook spam mail
Rules and junkmail options are not working. None of my incoming mail is being auto deleted. Very annoying. which version of outlook? if you leave outlook open all day, do the rules eventually work - if so, do they only fail when outlook is first opened? if you answer yes to all, it's a known issue - -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outlook newsgroups: http://groups....

hard drive too full after reinstalling XP
For numerous reasons, I did a full reinstall from XP Pro on up. There were two partitions, one that had a significant amount of data and one miniscule. I kept the partitions and wiped out the old info and loaded the new - at least that's what the windows were walking me through "Warning this will wipe out all previous versions...." To make a long story short, I have completely restored the laptop with minimal programs. All the Microsoft updates including SP3, have been loaded. When I went to check my disk usage in "my computer" the disk is half full! How is...

Is there a way create a identity for Windows Mail
Hello, I am working in earhlink. I want to whether there is way to create a identity in Windows mail. Thank you. ...

time between asking for mails about pop3
Hi, i search a possibility to decrease the time between two queries from our Exchange Server to the pop3-Server under 15min. This lower border seems to be hard coded in the exchange server, or is there somewhere in the reg a possibility to lower this timeinterval? Greetings, Andreas Grund "Andreas Grund" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >i search a possibility to decrease the time between two >queries from our Exchange Server to the pop3-Server under >15min. This lower border seems to be hard coded in the >exchange server, or is there somewher...

Spam or Junk Mail
We are using exchange 2000 server. There are about 25 mailboxes. From yesterday we are getting a mail delivery failure mail message for 2-3 recipients. The recipients say that they have not send this mail. I tried to block the mail, but could not. Please help. Hi That called Spoofing, read more at: http://searchsecurity.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid14_gci840262,00.html Regards, Shai Netanel "mugs" wrote: > We are using exchange 2000 server. There are about 25 mailboxes. From > yesterday we are getting a mail delivery failure mail message for 2-3 > recipients. T...

Desktop Shortcut to Contacts in Windows Live Mail in Windows 7
My new replacement computer came with Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail installed as my e-mail client. I have been using it and like it. I have also been placing my contacts in the Live Mail CONTACTS Folder within that program. Since the folder allows other information in addition to e-mail, I would like to use it as my Default/Main contacts folder/Only contacts folder, but I want to have a shortcut on the Desktop to access the full file of contacts directly without opening the full e-mail program. I have tried unsuccessfully to drag a copy onto the desktop, and to locate the p...

Computer hardware questions. Couldn't find newsgroup on microsoft
Hi, I have a few questions about hardware and what it is. I looked here: http://www.microsoft.com/en/us/sitemap.aspx But there was no newsgroup. I use XP, so I need hardware. That's the only way I can tie these questions into using this board. Anyways: - What is an IEEE 1394 port (I think I have the number right). It seems related to something about audio or video? - What's a VGA port? - What's a RJ-45 Ethernet connector? - What is a serial port? What goes in it? - What is an eSATA drive? Is it a newer SATA hard-drive? Is it better or what's the difference? ...

Mail store will not mount
I created a new Storage Group and a new mailbox store on my Exchange 2003 (with SP2) server, then started to transfer some of the accounts from an existing store. During the transfer application errors 486, 413 and 492 were recorded and the store dismounted. I was unable to remount it, and since the store was new and I had no backup for it, I tried to repair it with eseutil /p. The repair reported that it worked, but the store still would not mount, and application errors 494 and 454 were reported. I also get error 9518. The 454 error suggests that the edb (or stm) file cannot be found,...

how can I restore Edit button to the Formula bar?
I can't put back the Edit button on the Formula bar, the Function button has taken over. JJ Do you mean the "=" sign on the formula bar? It left Excel when version 2002(XP) was released and no workaround for it. If you are running an older version, I don't know how it got lost. I can run Version 97 and cannot lose the "Edit Formula" button(= sign). Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 11:25:03 -0800, "JJKatty" <JJKatty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I can't put back the Edit button on the Formula bar, the Function button ha...

errore after restoring
hi there i have a big problem with restoring the database for my company every thing seems good but when accessing the transaction entry or the gl (transaction menu--> financial--> .......) (transaction menu--> inventory--> .......) i got this error message:- (all call stacks are in use .cannot start script) and (a get/change first operation on table 'coCustomlinks' cannot find the table) detailed information [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Could not find stored procedure 'zDP_SY01201F_1'. [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server]Invalid o...