XP vs 7 Contacts

Is there a way to export/import contacts from XP to Win 7?
0
John

"John Hooton" <tooh@cox.net> wrote in message
> Is there a way to export/import contacts from XP to Win 7?

No because XP and 7 don't HAVE contacts.
Re-phrase your question using meaningful terms.

0
Gordon
3/1/2010 4:48:31 PM
Outlook stores them in the PST file, open the PST file in question
through Outlook, File, Data file management Add. and then drag the
content of the Contacts folder from old file into the new.

John Hooton wrote:

> Is there a way to export/import contacts from XP to Win 7?

0
Bob
3/1/2010 5:46:43 PM
It depends on where you are storing them and which type of contacts you are
referring to.
Assuming all your contacts are kept in Outlook itself (after all, this is an
Outlook newsgroup ;-)), you can migrate your data by copying over your
pst-file from your XP computer to your Windows 7 computer. Make sure you do
not overwrite any existing pst-files in this process.

After you have configured Outlook on the new computer, reconnect your
pst-file via;
File-> Open-> Outlook Data File...

For more details see;
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"John Hooton" <tooh@cox.net> wrote in message
> Is there a way to export/import contacts from XP to Win 7?

0
Roady

How do i sort contacts using more than one catagory ?
I am trying to create lists which have contacts sorted by more than one catagory. So including contacts that are linked to two or more specific catagories. Can this be done, if so how? thanks "samong" <samong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01E99022-AB21-487B-9365-2E66BB0C3F1B@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create lists which have contacts sorted by more than one > catagory. So including contacts that are linked to two or more specific > catagories. Can this be done, if so how? The Category field is non-sortable because it is a multi...

Backing up contacts in outlook 2003
Can anyone tell me how to backup contacts in outlook. Have to reinstall my OS and want to save them Save your Outlook Data File (Personal Folders File) and reuse it after you reinstall. It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] <jhapoienu@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:49f901c3ffb7$8ff238a0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Can anyone tell me how to backup contacts in outlook. > Have to reinstall my OS and want to save them jhap...

Want Input boxes to accept unicode strings on Standard Windows XP
I have a MFC application that is currently built with MBCS mode. If I run the program on a Chinese OS (Windows XP), the input boxes (Edit Controls) can accept Chinese chars and display correctly. If I run it on a standard English XP, the input boxes won't accept Chinese chars (display as "????") -- please note that I have already installed CKJ on the system and IE and Outlook can display Chinese correctly. Is this just because of different MFC libraries used for the application? Can I force the application running on Standard XP to use the unicode libraries so ...

Excel 2000 running on Windows XP SP2 does not properly open CSV fi
The same file opened in using Excel 2000 running in Windows 2000 Pro open properly. The rows and columns are formatted properly. The same Excel 2000 opening the same CSV file but on Windows XP SP2 will not properly format the rows and columns. Hi check your regionals ettings in Windows ('Start - Control Panel') I'd suspect you have different column delimiters specified (comas versus semicolons for example) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Oscar" <Oscar@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4985F8F5-5D33-425E-989C-65529CE63D05@mic...

birthday in contacts
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: pop I am unable to edit a birthday in my contacts. The contact info defaults to 1 Jan 1970 whatever I do. > This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3356781351_7446652 Content-type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-transfer-encoding: 7bit On 5/15/10 6:20 AM, in article 59bb880e.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0, "Erwin@officeformac.com" <Erwin@officeformac.com&g...

How to stop tracking a Contact in CRM 4.0
How do I stop tracking an Outlook Contact that has been set to "Track in CRM" Hi Ken, The "Track in CRM" for contacts turns to "View in CRM" when a matching contact record is created in the CRM database. If you no longer want that contact in CRM then you can delete it, then it will say "Track in CRM" again. "Ken Florian" wrote: > How do I stop tracking an Outlook Contact that has been set to "Track in CRM" ...

Contact List
How come whne I put in a contact in Outlook 2004, and then I add a fax #, it lists the contact twice on my main list? It's because there is no Outlook 2004. The standard behavior for the Outlook Address book is to display all electronic addresses (both fax and e-mail). That behavior cannot be changed. The only way to prevent the display of fax numbers is to store them in a different field or to disguise them (e.g., precede them with an alpha character) so that Outlook won't recognize them as phone numbers. There are also a number of utilities available that can do this for you automat...

Outlook vs. webaccess crm 4.0
Hi 1) Could someone specify the pros and cons (especially the difference in the "functionality" options) for the end users - if they use the Outlook client or if they use a Webbrowser? 2) What are most common ? thanks for any feedback... It's true you can do everything on the web version or the Outlook version. The biggest feature of CRM is the fact you can everything inside of Outlook and not have to go a different application. Outlook: 1 - Easier concept for end users (especially Sales folk) to grasp. "you don't need to learn a new application - it's ju...

missing Business Contact Manager
My Office Professional Edition 2003 arrived from Microsoft. I installed the complete program. The Business Contact Manager menu does not appear. I thought that the Outlook 2003 in the Professional Edition has Business Contact Manager. Is it not supposed to? shlomoved@yahoo.com If you have Exchange service in your profile, the BCM will be unavailable. If you do not, did you install Outlook first and then the BCM from disk 2? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Ron <an...

Shared Contacts Master Categories question
I need to have 50 users on Outlook/Exchange specify a number of contacts that need to be exported to another system. I had my Exchange admin give me shared access to each of the mailboxes in question. My plan was to go through each set of contacts, and add a new category to the master categories for each user. When I got the the second contact, the keyword identifier was already there! It looks like Outlook/Exchange is allowing me access to the correct contacts, but is using my master category list. How can I access and update each users category master list? Isn't this kept ...

Need help, pls, with contacts...
As I enter names in Outlook 2000, I would like their title to appear before their name in both the contact listing AND when I send an email.. example... Dr. Joe Smith... instead of just Joe Smith.. And having to click 'Full Name' to reveal the title of Dr. Also, is their a way to add additional titles to the dropdown list? I also deal with religious that use Sr. (Sister) and Fr. (Father), as well as Deacon... Thank You! -- B'Regards, Vinnie ...

98 to xp excel
ive been doing work on excel on 98 brought a new pc running xp when i put my floppy in and try to open its all jumbled up can anyone help? How did you open it? First, copy that file from the Floppy to the harddrive (using windows explorer). Then open, modify, save there. Then use windows explorer to copy back to the floppy (if required). (Working directly off removeable media is a bad thing.) Try opening excel, then file|open your file to see if that helps. And if it doesn't, go back to the old pc and get a fresh copy and test it out (from the harddrive). steve wrote: > >...

Creating a e-mail contact list which has "undisclosed recipients"
Can anyone help me with a contact list for my e-mail which does not disclose all recipients names. I would like to send an e-mail regarding company information to several people which answers questions, but I don't want everyone to know who I am addressing it to. You need enter the names under the Bcc option when you address the email. That way, each recipient will only see their own name, but the email will go to everyone. Actually, the recipients won't see their own name in the To field. They will only see what the sender puts there, if anything (some ISPs require that you...

Template driver code for a new USB Touchscreen XP driver
We want to develop a new Touchscreen driver having a USB interface for Windows XP. Which driver template will be the most suitable to start the development ? make your device a HID and then you not have to write a driver at all. d -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "sanju_emb" <sanju_emb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8AAAA05-B6EA-44A7-B9E8-20E5F0A5860C@microsoft.com... > We want to develop a new Touchscreen driver having a USB interface for > Windows XP. Which driver te...

Windows 7 x64 msnmsgr.exe crash
When Windows Live Messenger starts up when I log in, I very often get an application crash. Details are: Source Windows Live Messenger Summary Stopped working Date ‎3/‎31/‎2010 19:53 Status Report sent Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Live\Messenger\msnmsgr.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: BEX Application Name: msnmsgr.exe Application Version: 14.0.8089.726 Application Timestamp: 4a6ce533 Fault Module Name: unknown Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0 Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000 Exception Offset: 10100002 Exceptio...

hwo to recover personal folders and contact list??
I had office 2003 running on my C: drive and I had a major system crash so I backed up the entire C: drive to D: .. then I formatted and reinstalled windows XP pro and office 2003. can someone tell me where on the D: drive I woudld find the contact list and all my folders from outlook 2003 that I had running before? THanks.. Hi Dave, please look here, which datas are important for outlook http://home.arcor.de/andreas.roeder-privat/English%20Help.htm#18 If you search for the relevant files you could import them into your new Outlook! -- Gestern gings noch, ICH habe nichts gemacht! ;-) Brave...

Visio 2003 pro Academic vs Commercial
I was wondering if there is any difference between the Academic and Commercial versions of Visio2003pro Thanks!! They are identical in functionality. Not sure if the Academic version would be eligible for an upgrade. EventStudio 2.5 - http://www.EventHelix.com/EventStudio Auto Layout and Generate Sequence Diagrams in PDF and MS Word ...

Business Contact Manager import error
Hi All. I'm using the new Data Migration Pack for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 3.0. to import data from Microsoft Business Contact Manager into a new, clean, CRM 3.0 system. The import is failing, and I don't know why. I get as far as Map Users > Map Territories > Mapping Summary. When I click 'Configure' the migration stops with an unexpected error. I've included an extract of the activity log below, which shows more details. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated! R 28/03/2006 11:38:11------>Next Screen Request: From ConfigurationSummary screen...

Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager #4
It there anyway to get the outlook business contact manager information to sync with pocket pc 2003 outlook Try asking in microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync as the folks who hang out there have all kinds of good links to third party programs. Outlook itself cannot do this. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Glen asked: | It there anyway to get the outlook business contact | ma...

Windows 7 slow LAN connectivity
It's really annoying that when you connect two computers to a WiFi AP and try to copy files between them it takes ages to copy anything and is slow beyond any reason. Even when I connected one of them via wire it's still terribly slow and even freezes from time to time. One of the PCs is XP the other runs 7 Ultimate. I already disabled that thing that checks for connection errors or something but still no joy. yaro yaro137 wrote: > It's really annoying that when you connect two computers to a WiFi > AP and try to copy files between them it takes ages to copy > a...

CRM 4 Advance Finds with Windows 7
I have for some time been using CRM4 with windows 7 (RC and RTM) and have found one problem. Just wondering if anyone else has seen this and found a resolution yet. When in an advance find it will hang when selecting a pick list. For example. Open advanced find, Select Activities and use saved view [new] In the details select ActivityStatus as the Field, select equals and then click the three dots to chose the values. Select any values then click OK. At this point the page still says 'enter value' and alot of the page can not be clicked on. This will always happen on a new adv...

Error Message #7
I Get a Error message saying "Not enough system resources to display porperly" when i try to open my excel 2002 Program. What can i do to work in my excel??? But i can access to some level but this error message keeps on coming on the screen.. If you have other programs open at the same time, try starting Excel with them closed.........could be you need more RAM Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Naresh h" <Naresh h@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E0EC63C-8992-483C-9CAD-2DF264A394E1@microsoft.com... > I Get a Error message saying "Not enou...

How do I create an A3 size document using Windows 7
A3 is not listed in the pre-set schedule of document sizes in Windows 7 (unlike previous versions of Windows). How do I create such a document using Windows 7? Does your printer support A3? Word/Windows will display the paper sizes supported by the default (or currently active) printer. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "A3 documents in Windows 7" <A3 documents in Windows 7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F2647F06-5560-41A6-9C2F-462E6198C989@microsoft.com... > A3 is ...

Changing Default Contacts List for E-mail
I have two separate Contacts lists open. When I go to select names for the e-mail addresses, Outlook always defaults to the wrong list, and I have to manually select the other one. How can I change the default list that shows up when I click on the "to:" header field in an e- mail? Outlook version? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "Michael Leu" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:056501...

SendMessage vs function call
Hello, I wonder is there any difference in using SendMessage() and calling a function directly when in the same class, e.g. CView? // Anders -- English is not my first, or second, language so anything strange, or insulting, is due to the translation. Please correct me so I may improve my English! >I wonder is there any difference in using SendMessage() and calling a >function directly when in the same class, e.g. CView? They are obviously different but perhaps the most significant difference would be if you have different threads in your application. If you call a function it'l...