Windows Mail

Hi
Can I backup my personal  folders in Windows Mail  to a CD/DVD

Many thanks  Ptamsyn

Windows Mail is not supported by this newsgroup.
Instead, try posting here;
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/vistanetworking

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Ptamsyn" <Ptamsyn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> Can I backup my personal  folders in Windows Mail  to a CD/DVD
>
> Many thanks  Ptamsyn

0
Roady

Windows 2K, Exchange 2K3 : rename the web acces
Hello, Is it possible de rename the /exchange directory (virtual) with Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003 ? I don't fine the "Rename" Option.. With Windows 2000 and Exchange 2000, i have ever done it .. Thanks .. ...

Mail merge file sizes
Can anybody help me. I have produced a 2 page document in Publisher 2003 and when I add mail merge to it with a database of 500 addresses, when it generates I get the following problems; 1. It takes ages to generate (the green progress bar moves very slowly across the screen as it applies the address to each document 2. The file sizes are at least 300mb for each 10 that it generates (the original file size is less than 2 mb) Any help would be appreciated. This will help The Registry Fix for changing the Mail Merge Batch Size Courtesy of KATMA http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/r...

Outlook Express e-mail
I have lost all of the columns to the right side of "FIND" including "DELETE" this happened suddenly when I logged on my computer this morning. This has never happened before and I am not aware that I did anything to create this problem. Please advise how to restore to normal. Thankyou. Larry ...

Windows 7 Mail Question
Does Windows 7 have an included email application? If so, does it support IMAP, POP, SMTP, EXCHANGE and HTTP email configurations? Thank you. -Frank YES "Frankster" <frank@SPAM2TRASH.com> wrote in message news:ze6dnYRTr8IDfqXWnZ2dnUVZ_hOdnZ2d@giganews.com... > Does Windows 7 have an included email application? If so, does it support > IMAP, POP, SMTP, EXCHANGE and HTTP email configurations? > > Thank you. > > -Frank Windows 7 does not include an email program. I use the free Windows Live Mail,(http:\download.live.com) but ther...

Rules and Reply-to E-Mail addresses
I have tried searching through the solved questions listed here and did not find anything that solved my problem, but please let me know if there's something I've missed! I receive many e-mails from example@theirdomain.com. The e-mails have a different reply-to address from the one above. Now normally, I click reply on each of the hundreds of emails, and paste in the same response. This works fine, but is time consuming. I thought I could use a rule to simplify the whole process. My problem is, in my rule, when I select reply using specific template, it replies to the ...

Wrong Massage Size, Mail in Queue, Greylisted Mail
Hello, we use a Tool that attach a Disclaimer over SMTP-Sink. The Disclaimer attached correct. Original-Massage-Size e.g. 968 after added the Disclaimer Size are e.g. 1464 Then the Exchange try to send the correct Mail incl. Disclaimer with Size 1464: OutboundConnectionCommand SMTPSVC1 MyExchServer - 25 MAIL - FROM:<t.test@mydomain.de>+SIZE=1464 0 0 4 0 422 SMTP The received Mail-Server has greylisting or something and my mail cannot deliver at first time: (SMTP-Code 451 or 450+4.7.1) Recipient+address+rejected:+Policy+Rejection-+Greylisted,+please+try+later My Mail...

What is the Outlook keyboard shortcut for checking new mail
"Steve Jaeger" <Sjaeger1@elp.rr.com> wrote in message news:043f01c36b5f$468b1110$a601280a@phx.gbl If there is a coded shortcut for a menu item, you will see it on the rightside of the menu. If you open Tools -> Send/Receive -> Send/Receive All, you will see F9 listed on the right. Also, it is considered impolite to use only the Subject line to carry the body of your message. -- ____________________________________________________________ ** Share with others. Post replies in the newsgroup. ** If present, remove all "-nix" from my email address. _________...

last couple of days mail is in junk e-mail that is safe.
like all @facebookmail.com is going there and I have that on my save senders list. and people I have been getting mail from for months are now showing up in junk email. and it doesn't matter that I tell the junk email to not consider them as junk. I went to junk email properties and switched from high sensitivity to lower and still facebookmail is going to junk... what do I do now? charlie ...

How do I get my e-mail to be sent to Microsoft Outlook?
I have recently been introduced to Microsoft Outlook. My e-mail address is from comcast, and I am unsure of how to get my e-mail from my comcast e-mail address to appear on Outlook. Please help. Thank you. In general, comcast will have to support POP3 E-Mail (for E-Mail that you receive) and SMTP E-Mail (for E-Mail that you send) (there are some other formats supported as well, but POP3 and SMTP are the most common). Assuming that it does, you need to enter the proper parameters into outlook (basically server names, account IDs and logon passwords). Once you have done this, you ca...

Creating Postcard 2 UP & 2 sided with Mail merge
Hi everyone: Good morning. I hope that some one can help with the design and setup for doing the following: 1) Postcard 8.5 by 5.5 (basically half of 8.% X 11 letter paper). 2) Print on both sides 3) Mail merge on both sides How do I set it up so that I can have 2 postcards to be printed on 1 sheet using either one of MS Publisher or MS Word? (prefer Word) I know that my printer does it. First, I already have the design in both MS Publisher and MS Word. I also have the mail merge done. MS Publisher: Page Setup: Width 8.5 Height: 5.5 Paper: Letter (8.5 X 11)...

Troubleshooting OMA using SSL on Windows 2003 DC
Hi there, I know, I shouldn't have, but it's done. Microsoft Exchange 2003 OWA/OMA is running on a Win2k3 DC with SSL. OWA works great, but OMA is having a complete meltdown. I've configured OWA to use forms-based authentication over SSL, and even followed the KB 817379 article (Exchange ActiveSync and Outlook Mobile Access errors occur when SSL or forms-based authentication is required for Exchange Server 2003), and went through the elaborate setup of duplicating the Exchange virtual directory, taking the SSL requirement off of that, and making the registry change. That didn&...

Which one first?Install Windows Server 2003 SP1 or Exchange SP2 ? #2
Hi, We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. We planned to update the software in terms of patches, so which one should I do first, the OS patches (SP1 and onwards) or the Exchange patches ? By the way, any issue with Exchange SP2 ? Rgrds, Zul See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=37488 and http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=896742. I would recomment upgrading Exchange first. -- Regards, Roland "Zul J" wrote: > Hi, > > We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. We planned to update > the software in terms of patches, so which one...

Windows XP Start.wav / Start Navigation sound isn't working
Hello, and thank you for reading my post. For some time now, I noticed that my PC's "click sound", which normally appears while surfing in IE 6, wasn't working. I'd learned that I'd need to visit the Start Navigation sound in Control Panel-->Sounds and Audio Devices, and select Windows XP Start.wav...which I'd do, but it wouldn't stay in place as soon as I clicked on "Apply". Because of this issue, and others, too, I reinstalled a "clean" version of Windows XP SP2, and then upgraded it (&, by extension, IE 6) to SP3,...

SMTP Relay Server and Mail Aliases
Hi! I have front-end and back-end Exchange. I do not want that my front-end Exchange has SMTP relay functionality. I want to deploy a SMTP relay server in DMZ. My problem is: This SMTP relay server is not a member of my Exchnage AD domain and does not know about mail aliases in my Exchange domain. I do not want that I open additional ports on firewall which is between my Exchange domain and SMTP mail relay. My question is: How can I inform that SMTP relay server knows about all mail aliases on my Exchange domain? Best Regards Mustafa "mustafa" <mustafa@discussions.microso...

Exchange 2003 not receiving mail
I have installed exchange 2003 on our network and I am receiving mail from about 50% of our customers/vendors. They get no errors back when sending and I see nothing on our servers side to indicate a problem. It always takes about 5 minutes to receive any messages that come through, which isn't a big deal but it seems like that should be faster. We also just moved to a new ISP and have a full T1 connection so the connection shouldn't be a problem. Today I had them add a reverse DNS record for our ip because I have read that some servers use that as a spam blocker. I am not sure...

Outlook Express Mail Rules Problem
Hi, I'm using OE 6.0 on my home system and have a number of rules setup to either move incoming mail to specific folders or to delete it based on subject or message content. The delete rules are the last ones in the list. I've recently changes a couple of rules and now I find mail being deleted which should have been moved into a folder. The rules look okay. Is there a registry key or a file somewhere in the system which might be the problem? TIA Bernie -- bernie@ms-training.org.uk MS Training and Consultancy http://www.ms-training.org.uk Since Outlook Express is part o...

opening forwarded mail
I have looked through all my setting and still can't figure this one out. When someone forwards me a message that they received, i will sometimes get it as a small envelope (attachment). When I double click on it, nothing happens. When I save it to my desktop, it isn't recognized. But, when I open it with my webmail there isn't a problem. I can double click on pictures and they open fine, but not these types of email. Does anyone have anything they can assist with so I don't always have to go through my webmail? Thanks, Sam dreamer <safer@home.net> wrote: >...

reduce size of mail store?
I've been gradually reducing mailbox limits and forcing users to archive to reduce the size of the mail store. However it does not appear to be shrinking. I thought daily mainteance routine would compress. Is there anything to do other than an offline compress and defrag? I really don't want to have to do that unless as a last resort. Thanks! Is your server running low on diskspace or are you having performance issues? Regards, Jason T. Parker rockymtntuna wrote: > I've been gradually reducing mailbox limits and forcing users to archive to > reduce the size of the m...

Two e-mail programs simultaneously
I am using gmail for e-mail. I use the e-mail program Windows mail. But I now have two computers. I would like to open my e-mails on the new computer too, in a neat e-mail program. Outlook Express is pre installed so I want to use that. The new computer (a netbook) operates with mobile broadband, they stationary computer gets internet from cable. Computer 1: (stationary) Runs on broadband, Internet Explorer 8, Windows Vista, Windows mail Computer 2 (netbook): Runs on mobile internet, Internet Explorer 8, Windows XP, Outlook Express 6 I have configurated my e-mail acc...

Please stop e-mails
The virus found was: W32/Swen.A@mm from: maryse.bernard@videotron.ca daniel.ramirez@codetel.net.do ce.nedra75@tiscalinet.it tnc@mx1.tees.ne.jp soumubu@jasmine.ocn.ne.jp dnorwoood1@houston.rr.com w@blueyonder.co.uk ...

Recovery of Mail Stores
I have a department in my school who had exchange(2000) server (200) that totally crashed. I recovered the exchange folders. No backups were ever made. We installed windows Server 2003 and exchange server 2003 on a new server and would like to get the mail from the 2000 server imported / recovered / migrated into the 2003 server. What is the best way to go about this ? -- Exchange Administrator If you have the MDBDATA folder, then you have your Exhange Databases. You can build an offline recovery server to recover your users mail or use third party tool such as Ontrack Power Contro...

Mail validation using rules.
I have some questions for Outlook 2000: - - - - - 1) I prefer to validate incoming mails using rules checking the sender against a whitelist of addresses and domains. To my knowledge this is rather unhandy to implement in Outlook 2000 because the addresses must be in my addressbook/contact which can not contain domains only addresses. Hereby I have to maintain a long list of rules just for this validation purpose. I wonder if there is a possibility somehow for using simple textfiles (1 or 2) containg valid addresses and domains handled by 1 or 2 rules. Or maybe there is another way around i...

Outlook Connector and Live Mail Plus
Ok. After some fighting, I migrated my Hotmail Plus to Windows Live Mail Plus. I had to ask the customer care to unlock some issues that avoid this product integration. After this activation, I quickly checked Outlook Connector to see if calendar, contacts and mail properly sync with MS Servers (this was tha main reason to ask for a migration from Hotmail Plus to Windows Live Mail Plus). Sadly, only partial synchronization allowed. This is the log: -------------------------------------- Outlook Connector Version 1.8.3501.0 Account: stefania.castelli@hotmail.com Signed in successfully ...

mail does not find temporay directory to open attached .xls file
Since few weeks, I cannot open attached .xls file, for the temporary directory is not found. I bypass it by saving the xls file in a a folder and then open it from there. It does't work if saved on desktop. All other attached files, pps or world, are ok -- Are all your Windows Updates current? I seem to recall there was an update for IE8 a couple of months ago which fixed the failure to open attachments. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "escofie" <escofie@discussions.microsoft.com&...

when sending e-mail using word says interface not recgonised!!
when sending new e-mails using word as editor. on sending e-mail get error message saying interface not recgonised can any one help as i'm a new outlook user. Your Word version must match your Outlook version or you cannot use Word as editor. You can't use Word 2000 or XP with Outlook 2003. "matt clarke" wrote: > when sending new e-mails using word as editor. on sending e-mail get error > message saying interface not recgonised can any one help as i'm a new outlook > user. matt clarke <mattclarke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > when sendi...