Why doesn't my original message text show in the reply message?

When I send out e-mails, sometimes the reply back to me does not include my
original text.  Why?  I know they are just hitting the reply button because
the Re line has "exactly" what I originally typed.  This has happened on
several occasions.
-1

There is an option in Outlook and Outlook Express to include the original
message in a reply. If they have that option disabled, then when they reply
to you, the original message will be removed from the email.

In order to enable or disable this option in Outlook 2003 (I believe 2007
and Outlook Express are similar) please do the following -

- click Tools>Options>Preferences tab
- click Email Options...
- In the bottom section "On replies and forwards" click the drop-down under
"When replying to a message" and choose one of the options.

If you choose to "include original message text" for example, that will
include the original message when you reply to someone. If you want them to
do that, just ask them to set it up the same way.

"Befuddled" wrote:

> When I send out e-mails, sometimes the reply back to me does not include my
> original text.  Why?  I know they are just hitting the reply button because
> the Re line has "exactly" what I originally typed.  This has happened on
> several occasions.

Certificate error suddenly showing up.
I have one user that is getting the following error each time he starts up Outlook on his system. Security alert autodiscover.domaain.com Information you exchange with this site cannot be viewed or changed by others. However, there is a problem with the site's security certificate. (Check mark) The security certificate is from a trusted certifying authority. (Check Mark) The security certificate date is valid. (Red X) The name on the security certificate is invalid or does not match the name of the site. Do you want to proceed? Yes No View Certificate. The certificate f...

How to diffrentiate Text & number from a single cell????
Hi ther guyz............i a have small problem with the execl sheets........... my problem is e.g. i have alot of cells with a number and some text in it........and they both are in one/single cell (e.g. "878 queen st" in A1)....now what i want is to remove let's say "queen st" from each cell so that there is only number left in it.....................i cannot figure out any formula........if there is any..............need help imediately -- pack_card2000 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ pack_card2000's Profile: http://www...

Bills Insights Shows Nothing
Just upgraded from 07 to Plus (Deluxe). I set Bills Insights to run on startup. I have many bills listed in my bills summary in Money, but nothign shows in Insights. I restarted, thinking maybe it needed a kickstart, but still no go. The bills are not set to auto-pay. Any ideas as to why I get nothing listed? Thanks. J I haven't used Insight other than starting it once. It DID show past due and soon to come due items. Are any of your bills expired or soon to come due? "rlrcstr" wrote: > Any ideas as to why I get nothing listed? 2 listed past due. 2 listed as du...

Converting CRMDatetime to Text gives one hour difference
Hi All I have one custom entity with one CRM Date Time Field that accepts date and as well as Time. I use this to convert from date time to string CRMDateTime dt= new CRMDateTime(); dt=Convert.ToDateTime(new_date.Value).ToLocalTime(); But the problem I am facing is , it gives one hour difference like if the Date I saved is 3/29/2010 and time is 10:30 AM when i convert to string i get 3/29/2010 time 9:30 AM. Please help. Did you check your local settings on your client (Tools > Options > General > Timezone)? And the Timezone of the user you are using (System, an Administr...

Restoring a single mail message with Ex 2003
I am trying to restore a single mail message with Exchange 2003 and Veritas Backup Exec 10.0 This works for most users ok, but one user so far it failed - he got the following email: " VERITAS Backup Exec for Windows Servers has activated the mailbox receiving this message. After verifying that all other mailbox contents have been restored, you can delete this message. For more information, please contact your system administrator or refer to the job history for job <Restore 00015>." and then the job to restoe the message completed 100% but the email didnt appear in the users...

Can you store clipboard text and pick it up by copy it again?
I have a catch 22 - impossible actions here: A/ I want to have the sheet protected so users can't ruin all cells in the sheet B/ I have to Unprotect the sheet in the sub event Worksheet_Activate to be able to do some format macros C/ I want users to allow to copy text from one sheet and paste in this one. D/ The clipboard wipes out by the Unprotect command E/ The user have nothing to paste in... Is there a solution? /Regards --------------------------------------------------------------- ------------------------- Earl Kiosterud wrote: --------------- Imbecill, CutCopyMode gets turned...

Transaction to read don't show up
My register shows 6 transactions. I Go into the account and they are no where to be found. This just started happening. If I wait a day new transaction are download ,for example 4, the transaction to read shows 10, I can see the 4 new ones but the 6 other ones are not there. In microsoft.public.money, Frank Spina wrote: >My register shows 6 transactions. I Go into the account and they are no >where to be found. This just started happening. It is not clear what you mean in differentiating the account and the register. > >If I wait a day new transaction are download ,for ...

Visio Text (Number) Automation
Hi. I'm creating an Organization Chart for my company. I have the org charts already setup with names, shapes, etc; however, I would like to add the total number or employees in each group, which would add up to larger group, and finally all the way to the top which will have the total number for all employees. i would like to somehow automate this process like excel does wtih a formula (=techdept+accoutningdept) which would add the numbers i manually filled in the tech and accouting dept, but would add those number together for the group above that. Thanks. ...

Calendar at bottom ofBills Summary page not showing on Vista Ultimate 64-bit
Hello, How do I turn on the calendar at the bottom of the bills summary page in Money Plus Premium (Version 17.0.125.1415) on 64-bit Vista? If I restore the backed up file from 64-bit Vista Ultimate to 32-bit Vista Ultimate on my laptop, I see the calendar. The 'show calendar' box in the lower left is checked in Money Plus Premium (Version 17.0.125.1415) on both operating systems. On 64-bit just blank page with date in oversize font in upper right. On 32-bit the calendar. Can some one help with the cure? Thanks, in advance, Saul ...

how do I cancel an outgoing message, I have tried everything,
I tried e-mailing myself a short video last night, and it's still trying to send. I have re-booted, deleted the video, tried to delete the outgoing message, did the "repair" for microsoft office and nothing works. It's still sitting in my outbox trying to send! Help! See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers --...

Legend and text entry
I am on Excel 2003 and need to create a simple pie chart. I am asked to put into the legend the data, individual dollar amounts and then the total in the Legend. Is that possible and if so how can I do that without effecting my chart. Thank you. Hi, If you are asking how to put the values of the datapoints into the Legend - Excel does not do this by default. But you can do it by creating a custom name for each of the data points. Suppose you have the names of the data points in A1:A5 and the values you are plotting in B1:B5. Insert a column between A:B and enter the formula =A1...

keep getting error message when importing clipart
While in Publisher I am trying to import clipart and keep getting this error message: The appropriate graphic converter is not available. I have reinstaleld my software using the full install setting. I have downloaded all updates and it still won't work. Can somone help me? Clear your cache, in IE, tools, Internet Options, delete files. If that doesn't cure your issue, post back. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Karon" <Karon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A2A64FD-B544-4...

Merging text files with excel
Hello All. How can I merge several text files with the same format into one Excel sheet in one go ? I am importing them singly but it would be much better to merge them together before opening. Many thanks for any help ! Maybe you can use some old DOS commands. Shell to a command prompt and issue an old DOS command to concatenate the Text files. Windows start button|Run (or flying windows r as a shortcut!) win98: Command WinXP/NT: CMD Go to that folder: C: (to change to that drive) cd\myfolder1\myfolder2\myfolder3 to change to that folder copy *.txt All.Files Ren All.Files All....

selected text highlighting issue
Windows XP SP3. Office 2003 fully updated. This has always bugged me so I figured I'd finally ask the question. I run 2 monitors and work on multiple things at once. If I have a Word doc open (or notepad or some other editor) and select a block of text and then move to another application, the text in the Word doc no longer appears selected. This is extremely annoying at times. Just because my Word doc is no longer the active application doesn't mean that I don't want to see what I've selected. And if it's so that I know it's not the active application, well t...

Wrap text, Merge cells
I have merged 2 cells in a column, wrapped the text. There are actually 20 rows of data ( sentences) in one cell After the 18th row within that merged cell the data is no longer visible. Is there a limit to how high a cell can be ( mine is at 350, but can be made a whole lot large, not that the data is visible though) or how many "rows" wihin a merged and wrapped cell are possible? Stumped in IN. thanks for any info on this subject A row's height (with or without merged cells) cannot exceed 409. Also, a cell can display only about 1000 characters even though it can hold ov...

Problem importing data from text file
Hi, I have a comma delimited file that has twenty column names followed by six rows of data. I am trying to import this into Excel. When I do this, the data imports entirely into row one. It does import into difference cells but there is one row with 120 cells of data. I was expecting it two "Wrap" and start importing the data into cell A2. Can anyone help with this? How do I show the break between column headers and data? Thanks, Chuck ...

showing last memo entry in report
Hello, I have a db that tracks projects and their details. I have a memo field entitled 'Notes' which is used to enter project data. This field can be quite large as notes can be added on various dates. To keep track of the dates that a particular note was added I simply put in the after update field on the form the following code to add in the date that a note was added: Me.Notes = Me.Notes & " -* " & Format(Date, "dd-mmm-yy") & "*" & vbCrLf I currently have a report that I run for the project details and what I would like is not to ...

Problem in Drawing Text with different Fonts & Charset
Dear all, I'm working in a program which will draw some string with both chinese and English character in the Window. I try to use CreateFont() to create a HFONT with Fonts "Arial" and CharSet "CHINESEBIG5_CHARSET" and then select the HFONT to the current DC. However the text drawing out isn't in Font "Arial" (It seems to be "Times New Roman" instead). After that, I try to use other available fonts on my platform, but the same outpur again. No matter what font I'm using, it give the same output!!! Does anyone know Why and how to fix it? ...

Outlook constantly sending message 1 of 5
I recently did a clean install of Office 2003, and i'm getting an interesting problem with outlook. Although there are no visible emails in my outbox folder, outlook still says "sending message 1 of 5" in the status bar, and it doesn't go away. When i send email the messages go through, but i still get that msg. This has been going on ever since the first day that i ran outlook. Has anyone had the same problem and knows how to fix it? This problem is more annoying than anything else. Thanks in advance. Can you turn on diagnostic logging (see http://support.microsoft....

how can I enter 453. to show as 453 instead of 4.53 when using th.
I'm not sure how to use the decimal when entering numbers in excel. I want to use the fixed decimal space as to so when I just type in 453 it appears as 4.53 But when I want to enter 60 and I enter 60. I get .60 Any thoughts? Enter 60. with the decimal point at the end. In article <B343D637-7039-48CA-AB16-6B389D3A441A@microsoft.com>, "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I'm not sure how to use the decimal when entering numbers in excel. I want > to use the fixed decimal space as to so when I just type in 453 it appears as >...

Disabling the 'From' option within New Message
Is there a way to disable the 'From' option on the Options drop-down on the new message. I was looking at this yesterday. I was able to select a user's email address other than my own to be the sender. Where can this be disabled? Outlook 2003/Exchange2003 Thanks in advance You can't disable it, but unless you have Send as permissions, it will either send as "on behalf of" (if you are a delegate) or come back as undeliverable. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual Quick...

Text to Column Function Rejects Zeros
Hello, As part of a project, I was conducting a survey (administered online) using Snap survey software. Snap automatically sends results into an Excel file, which is great. However, several of the questions allowed participants to select more than one item ("Check the top 3 things..." etc.). These responses were coded in Excel into a 10101 format, where 1=checked and 0=not checked, all in one cell. Since 0 represents a response, I selected the cell formatting of these columns as Custom (Format->Cell->Number tab->Custom), so any 0s before the first 1 would not drop o...

2003 Front End Server not passing along messages to Public folders homed on 2003 backend server.
Shortly after we migrated from exchange 5.5 to 2003, our ability to create new public folders with the expectations of receiving external email has been non-existent. We are able to address the public folder internally and the public folder will receive the email from internal accounts only. When we attempt to send to the public folder from outside the organization from say a hotmail account the mail will placed in the local delivery queue on the front end server until the time limits expire and a NDR is returned to the sender. This is not a universal problem, for the public folders created p...

Partner Tech customer display doesn't show anything
I have installed a Partner Tech CD2550 pole display on a new cash register. I have the same model on another register and it works fine. However, this one does not show any RMS messages. The OPOS drivers are installed and the check out fine. The OPOS test displays the correct message. I have the pole display enabled in Store Manager with the correct device name, as well as the COM communications settings. Has anyone had a similar problem and fixed it? Thanks, Dhruva ...

How to make parent window receive mouse event messages?
Hi, friend, I have an MDIChild window, which contains several child windows. However, any mouse event messages, such as MouseMove, LButtonDown, and etc., can NOT be captured by the parent MDIChild window. Rather, they are captured by each individual child window. Is there a way to make both parent MDIChild window and its child windows capture those event messages? Thanks. Take a look at the WM_PARENTNOTIFY message or CWnd::OnParentNotify() if you are using MFC. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "Andrew" <anonymous@discussions.mi...