Ways to view your tasks

Hi,

Is it possible to view your tasks pane in your Inbox so that you don't have
to keep switching between the two sceens of Mailbox & Inbox?

Our company is running Outlook 2003 if it matters.

Many thanks.
--
Dave Mitch

"Dave Mitch" <DaveMitch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Is it possible to view your tasks pane in your Inbox so that you don't have
> to keep switching between the two sceens of Mailbox & Inbox?

Not with Outlook 2003, but you can certainly have your Inbox and your Tasks
folder open simultaneously and tiled next to each other.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
4/28/2010 5:07:50 PM
As I unfortunately suspected, will have to wait for us to upgrade to 2007,
many thanks for your reply Brian
--
Dave Mitch

> As I unfortunately suspected, will have to wait for us to upgrade to 2007,

You can't have tasks in the Inbox in any version of Outlook.  The Inbox holds
only mail items, not task items.  What you'll get with Outlook 2007 or 2010 is
the To Do Bar, a separate pane that contains upcoming calendar items and task
items.  This pane is visible when viewing the Inbox, but the tasks aren't IN
the Inbox.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

Set a recurring task ie. a task to check a website each month
It would be advantageous to be able to set a recurring task ie. a daily, weekly, monthly or other multiple task. An example would be if you needed to go to an accounts website or prospects website once a month to look for leads. Or to check out a competitor for new things on their website. It could also apply to phoning or mailing etc. This would save constantly having to remember to create a followup or write up to dozens of followups at different dates. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote f...

Outlook 2003 ..multiple instances in the task manager
Very often i find that Outlook is running with mulitple instances. and so i have actually have 3 little notificaiton envelopes in the right hand corner of my desktop, telling me i have new mail. THis is an indicator as well as my not being able to get mail for a second group of email accounts that i send/recieve from periodically. Typically when this happens, i also get an error message when i start up that says my outlook file did not close properly and needs to be checked. I have run scanpst.exe and check and repair and everything seems to be okay. I'm not sure if this is an A...

SQL View duplicating records
I've created a view on inventory transactions linking IV30300 and IV30400, wanting to pull the lot number information into the view for each inventory trx. I have a transaction that was an INVADJ, with one item on it, recorded at 3 different quantities, 3 different costs, and 3 different lot numbers. In my results pane, this transaction is listed 9 times, once for each combination of qty, cost, and lot number. What causes this to happen and how do I change my query to pull only one line per combination of qty, cost and lot number in this transaction? Thanks for the help. Frank Hamelly...

Inline picture viewing
Is it possible to view pictures attached to an email as an inline display? I.e. within the mail, similar to outlook express can the picture just be displayed? On Sun, 5 Sep 2004 13:38:47 -0700, "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to view pictures attached to an email as an >inline display? I.e. within the mail, similar to outlook >express can the picture just be displayed? No. -- <<<SgtRich>>> Email Client: Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 News Client (Text): Fort� Agent 2.0 www.forteinc.com News Client (Binarie...

Public Folder Calander Default View
We have a Public Folder calendar that was requested to be set to and left as 'Month View' it appears to default to day view and needs to be set to month view by each user, and from what i am told will revert back to day view after logging out and relogging in to the network/exchange. Is there a way to set an attribut on this shared calendar that when it is opened by a client it will open by default in Month view? Thanks for any assistance. In news:2253CCBC-DD0D-4B2D-83AF-4115E4B0FFFD@microsoft.com, Civic <Civic@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > We have a Public Fo...

files & icons always in "details" type view
Hello: I've created some folders in the desktop, and put inside shortcuts to programs that I use mostly. Although I always choose view --> icons, at each startup shortcuts re-appears in "details" view mode. I checked in "folder options", "Remember each folder's view settings" is checked, so what's the problem? thank you Maurice ...

Corrupted Custom Views in Public Folder
Could someone, please, shed light on the following issue? Environment: W2k Professional, Exchange 2000, Outlook 2000 Problem: When switching to a public folder (only this particular public folder - other public folders are fine) I get the error message: "Unable to display the folder." and am unable to see any items in this folder. Findings: I believe the hidden item(s) that define custom views in the folder became corrupted. I can open "View / Current View / Define Views.", as another user, and review settings of all custom views but three of them. Selecting (in V...

Is there a way to disconnect a session and then resume it?
I want to run some long term commands in powershell session on server, and don't want to be connected to it all the time. So how to disconnect a session but not end it, and then reconnect it to check if the jobs are finished? Or other ways to finish similar tasks? Thanks all With PowerShell v2, you *must* leave the "control console" running. You cannot reconnect to a remote session once you close the console that started that remote session. Marco "hayate" <hayatelee@gmail.com> wrote in message news:5c1501f0-4613-4693-b0e8-8d42b61c3a8a@v2...

Report showing #Error on a valid SQL View
I have an Access app with an SQL Server backend. One report is based on a VIEW. When I run the view alone all the data is visible. But when I run the report, I get #Error on one field. The field is numeric. However, the RecordSource property of the textbox is: [MyNumericFieldFromSQLView]/32 What's strange is that when I remove the division by 32, the #Error disappears. What I need to do in the report is divide the value from the view by 32. I cannot modify the view because it is not an option. Any help? Thanks ! It is possible that the field is a text field that is...

Prefer how Outlook 2000 looked-now using 2003-Can I switch views?
I don't like the way Outlook 2003 displays and would prefer to go back to the 2000 display. Is this possible. Kinda, http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2003/up031029.htm#classicview might be helpful. "Manhart" <Manhart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4549A3C-4B06-4AEC-8ADA-DD154CC7795B@microsoft.com... >I don't like the way Outlook 2003 displays and would prefer to go back to >the > 2000 display. Is this possible. Outlook 2003 is highly customizeable - tell us what you want to change, and we'll tell you how to achieve it. There is ...

Exporting DLL (Best way)
Hi, I'm trying to exporting some DLL funct. which will be used by both C/C++ and VB applications. --I found 2 ways to exporting this DLL funct. #1--> Using a .def void _stdcall MyFunct(HWND hwnd, LPCTSTR uData) { // .... } -- here I have not to use any alias in vb, and it's quite east to write ..def, specially if you have shared sections. #2--> Using __declspec(dllexport) extern "C" __declspec(dllexport) void _stdcall MyFunct(HWND hwnd, LPCTSTR uData) { // .... } -- here no .def, but when I compile get a warning, but just ignoring that makes all alright. Questio...

Is there a way to copy and paste the date into worksheets
Is there a way to copy and paste dates into the worksheet withou individually typing up each one -- mark_vi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mark_vi_'s Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2450 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=38137 Is there a way to insert it the date into the the worksheet tab (not th cells in the actual worksheet but the name of the worksheet itself -- mark_vi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mark_vi_'s Profile: ht...

Cube View required to count Milestones over time
I have a basic Data Analysis view which counts milestones over time..however I now what to count a breakdown of those milestones over time..I have Milestone types 1,2 and 3. I have created a Milestone Type custom field at task level to set a value against each milestone ie 1, 2 or 3. How do I then get this Milestone Type field into the Cubes in order to add it to the view? Which cube should I be using etc?? ...

How to view email with pictures in-line in Outlook
How do you view email that comes attahced with pictures in Outlook XP just like you would in Outlook Express? Please advise. Thanz! Cheers! Unless the sender embeds the pictures in the message, you can't. Outlook doesn't do that by itself. -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Albert" <hongky@singnet.com.sg> wrote in message news:b46b01c4797c$9eab7980$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How do you view email that comes attahced with pictures > i...

In CRM 3.0 is there a way to Hide the Sales or Maketing or Service
I want to be able to control users access to different sections of CRM. So I want Jane Smith to see Sales and Marketing, and Scott Riley to only see Sales and Service. Doing by team would also work. I was able to create custom Roles and control entiy access but I don't see a way of controlling section access. Mike Sections only appear if the user has access to one of the items within that section. Unfortunately, there are some shared objects across the sections (like Account/Contact) that prevent them from disappearing totally. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "Hotwheels...

Re: Is there a way to HIDE a row based on a value of a cell ?
Hi Reddance, Try instead: Sub Tester() Dim rng As Range Dim i As Long If LCase(Sheets("Ctrl").Range("A1").Value) _ <> "yes" Then Exit Sub End If With Sheets("ToPrint") For i = 5 To .UsedRange.Rows.Count Step 2 If Not rng Is Nothing Then Set rng = Union(rng, .Cells(i, "A")) Else Set rng = .Cells(i, "A") End If Next i End With If Not rng Is Nothing Then rng.EntireRow.Hidden = True End If ...

Windows 2000 cleints view the calendar incorrectly after tzmove is run
The wierd part of this is they show up with odd times. I have a user that shows all appointment off by 6 hours and 33 minutes for example. I think the time bias one the local machine was wrong when the tzmove tool was run. Now I need to find out if there is a way to force tzmove to update the meetings. I have confirmed the timezone information in the registry is correct but when I try to run tzmove it tells me there are no meetings to change but the meetings still apear wrong. Other thing I noticed is if I open the meeting the summary text in the middle of the meeting is correct but location...

Custom Private Views
I have created a bunch of new Views within Leads, Accounts and Contacts. I shared them with just one team (Vice Presidents). The views do have "Private" next to them. However, all users can see these views in the list of views. They do not see the records within the views, but they are all still in the dropdown. How can I hide these views from the users' Views Dropdown lists? Thanks Hmm.. This isn't what I would expect. But I haven't tested this recently. For another approach to try - create the views as your personal saved queries. Then share them with t...

can I view email inside outlook today ?
Does anyone know if it is possible to view my email inbox within the outlook today screen ? Ideally I would like to be able to see my calendar , task list and current emails all within the same screen ? Alternatively if this isn't possible , can the 'read pane' within the email section of Outlook be turned off and replaced with the task list to achieve the same objective but in a differnet way ? many thanks Rob ...

Possible to hide the All Mail Folders part of Mail view?
I have rules that move messages to folders in my hierarchy. The problem is that the All Mail Folders section of the Nav Pane (when in the Mail view) resizes vertically to show the folder. This hides my Current View part of the Nav Pane that I use frequently. Is there any way to customize the nav bar to remove parts like. IOW, I only want Fav Folders and Current View to display. (I can get to the other folders through the Folder View when I need to) Use the shortcuts button to create the view you want. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion ...

Better way to make a downpayment on an unreceived purchase order
So far, I know of two ways to make a downpayment on an unreceived purchase order. The first is to receive, either partially or in full, the order in order to 'create' an invoice. The other way is to create a manual check & apply it once the order is received and invoiced. Neither of these is ideal. Both options leave a poor audit/paper trail. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the bu...

task input panel
My Task Input Panel is missing on the To-Do Bar. It shows my tasks...but the input area is missing. You mean the "Type a new task" line? Right click on the top column and choose Custom...-> Other Settings...-> enable: Show "new item" row. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "L White" <L White@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message...

Any way to get around the 240-character line limit on text output?
I'm trying to save an Excel file into a fixed-length file for import into a mainframe and the biggest problem (as pointed out in another post on this board) is that there is a limit of 240 characters per line. This causes the rest of each line to be placed at the end of the file. My record layout length is around 300 and we're talking about 50,000 records. How can I get around the 240 character limit to save this file in an acceptable format? Otherwise it will take hours of work to get the file in the proper format. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;13155...

Viewing Replies
When attempting to view replies, either by preview or by opening, the reply is not displayed. Only the contents of the original email is displayed. This occurrs in IMAP folders. By closing and reopening Outlook I can get the reply to dispaly but I should not have to this. Any suggestions? - especially from Uncle Bill's crew :-) ...

How to create a cutomized view in outlook
hi all , i would like to create a view in the INBOX let say for exampl if 6 April 2004 , i would like to have all my email received wil categorized all in this date . i have tried to created a customise view for my inbox , but this inbox keep giving me the view let say fo example (View 1) 6 April 2004 11:00 AM - SmilePop Easter bunny 06 April 2004 11:00 AM 6 April 2004 12:00 PM - Linda Teo 06 April 2004 12:00 PM i have a link that i have created a view for the inbox for the View 1 This is the link http://www.asp1re.com/outlook.jpg I would want my view to be in this way -----------------...