using rule creates multiple entries. How can I stop this?

I'm going to give you the details of this so maybe someone can just tell me
how to correct or whether it can be corrected.  I've tried creating different
rules, rules with exceptions, multiple rules with multiple exceptions, all I
can think.  Here is the scenario.  Although I'm using Lisa as an example,
this problem applies to every staffer in my 9 person office.
Lisa is my secretary.  She sends me internal email, staff questions and
stuff which goes to a a "Staff" subfolder of the Inbox.  I have a rule for
this.
She also sends me mail she has scanned.  I have a rule for this that
provides if "scanned" is in the subject matter to move it to the "Scanned"
folder
She also sends me phone messages I receive.  I have a rule that provides if
"phone message" is in the subject matter to move it to the "Phone message"
folder
The probem is an email from Lisa goes to multiple places, just not the one
place.  So I have several duplicates of the same email in different folders.
For example, a phone message ends up in the "Staff" folder AND in the phone
message folder.  So I always have almost twice as many messages as I really
do because of the duplicates.
I've tried exceptions, separate rules, rules not involving her name, and
nothing seems to work.  Can someone show me how to do this correctly??

what do you do with an email regarding a phone message about a staff member
who did not get something you scanned?

"Rick" wrote:

> I'm going to give you the details of this so maybe someone can just tell me
> how to correct or whether it can be corrected.  I've tried creating different
> rules, rules with exceptions, multiple rules with multiple exceptions, all I
> can think.  Here is the scenario.  Although I'm using Lisa as an example,
> this problem applies to every staffer in my 9 person office.
> Lisa is my secretary.  She sends me internal email, staff questions and
> stuff which goes to a a "Staff" subfolder of the Inbox.  I have a rule for
> this.
> She also sends me mail she has scanned.  I have a rule for this that
> provides if "scanned" is in the subject matter to move it to the "Scanned"
> folder
> She also sends me phone messages I receive.  I have a rule that provides if
> "phone message" is in the subject matter to move it to the "Phone message"
> folder
> The probem is an email from Lisa goes to multiple places, just not the one
> place.  So I have several duplicates of the same email in different folders.
> For example, a phone message ends up in the "Staff" folder AND in the phone
> message folder.  So I always have almost twice as many messages as I really
> do because of the duplicates.
> I've tried exceptions, separate rules, rules not involving her name, and
> nothing seems to work.  Can someone show me how to do this correctly??
Add Stop processing more rules

Rick wrote:

> I'm going to give you the details of this so maybe someone can just tell me
> how to correct or whether it can be corrected.  I've tried creating different
> rules, rules with exceptions, multiple rules with multiple exceptions, all I
> can think.  Here is the scenario.  Although I'm using Lisa as an example,
> this problem applies to every staffer in my 9 person office.
> Lisa is my secretary.  She sends me internal email, staff questions and
> stuff which goes to a a "Staff" subfolder of the Inbox.  I have a rule for
> this.
> She also sends me mail she has scanned.  I have a rule for this that
> provides if "scanned" is in the subject matter to move it to the "Scanned"
> folder
> She also sends me phone messages I receive.  I have a rule that provides if
> "phone message" is in the subject matter to move it to the "Phone message"
> folder
> The probem is an email from Lisa goes to multiple places, just not the one
> place.  So I have several duplicates of the same email in different folders.
> For example, a phone message ends up in the "Staff" folder AND in the phone
> message folder.  So I always have almost twice as many messages as I really
> do because of the duplicates.
> I've tried exceptions, separate rules, rules not involving her name, and
> nothing seems to work.  Can someone show me how to do this correctly??

0
Bob
4/9/2010 5:31:59 PM
Rick wrote:

> I'm going to give you the details of this so maybe someone can just tell me
> how to correct or whether it can be corrected.  I've tried creating different
> rules, rules with exceptions, multiple rules with multiple exceptions, all I
> can think.  Here is the scenario.  Although I'm using Lisa as an example,
> this problem applies to every staffer in my 9 person office.
> Lisa is my secretary.  She sends me internal email, staff questions and
> stuff which goes to a a "Staff" subfolder of the Inbox.  I have a rule for
> this.
> She also sends me mail she has scanned.  I have a rule for this that
> provides if "scanned" is in the subject matter to move it to the "Scanned"
> folder
> She also sends me phone messages I receive.  I have a rule that provides if
> "phone message" is in the subject matter to move it to the "Phone message"
> folder
> The probem is an email from Lisa goes to multiple places, just not the one
> place.  So I have several duplicates of the same email in different folders.
> For example, a phone message ends up in the "Staff" folder AND in the phone
> message folder.  So I always have almost twice as many messages as I really
> do because of the duplicates.
> I've tried exceptions, separate rules, rules not involving her name, and
> nothing seems to work.  Can someone show me how to do this correctly??

Rules are OR'ed together in the order they are listed.  If you do not want
to OR together the rules, and as Bob mentioned, make sure to include the
stop-clause within them.
0
VanguardLH

Blue screen crash Stop: 0x0000008E
Whenever im playing a game, or surfing the internet, every once in awhile(pretty recent now) my computer will totally freeze up and i get the blue screen with that error code on it. it tells me to restart if this is the first time or contact an administer. I've gone to microsoft updates and fully updated everything i could, what else could possibly be causing this? CodyE wrote: > Whenever im playing a game, or surfing the internet, every once in > awhile(pretty recent now) my computer will totally freeze up and i get the > blue screen with that error code on it. it ...

Using Relative path for XML data file?

using the journal on outlook

How to create an autonumber field?

Rule won't work
Outlook 2007 I have set up a rule to do the following; When I send or receive a message from a specific contact, play a sound, display in new item alert window, flag for follow up and move to a specific folder. But it is not doing anything. Do I need to change something else? What type of email account? Do other rules work? Does it work if you use any one action? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.out...

Does Outlook use the DAV protocol?

How can I create Schedule Chart?
I have simply an activity list which shows START and FINISH date of related activity. I need to put this information into a Chart, so that i will get a bar chart highligting the line between the START and FINISH date of the activity. It is very similar to what we can create in Microsoft Project. Do you know a specific chart type for this? It's called a Gantt chart: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA010346051033.aspx http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/GanttLinks.html http://www.mrexcel.com/tip058.shtml -- David Biddulph "mezzanine1974" <savas_karaduman@yahoo.com>...

how to create a multiple conditional formula
I am trying the find a solution for the following multiple formula (example); IF(A1="K"; B1+(B1*C10);B1) AND IF(A1="N";B1+(B1*C11);B1). So actually two expressions in one formula. I can't find a good solution. Is there anybody who can help me? Thank you in advance. Ad Buijs =B1+B1*IF(A1="K",C10,if(A1="N",C11,0)) "Ad Buijs" wrote: > I am trying the find a solution for the following multiple formula (example); > IF(A1="K"; B1+(B1*C10);B1) AND IF(A1="N";B1+(B1*C11);B1). So actually two > expressions ...

Can validation lists be enlarged
When a validtion list is created can this be enlarged in a spreadsheet which has been reduced to view. Hi for a workaround see: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "AC" <AC@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:B6A557E7-7B2C-459B-94CE-02606B6CAB3A@microsoft.com... > When a validtion list is created can this be enlarged in a spreadsheet which > has been reduced to view. ...

can't open new worksheets in a separate window
I've been trying to open multiple wookbooks in Excel, but they won't open in a new window. Instead they continue to open in the same window - one on top of the other. I've tried playing around with the maximize and restore, but to no avail. I tried right clicking on the Excel button in the taskbar to cascade the windows, but the pop-up menu is inactive. any advice would be greatly appreciated. Running Excel 2003, Windows XP. This might be it: Tools - Options - View tab - Show: Windows in taskbar. Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "3R's" <3R's@di...

Remote humans can't get email addressed to them from within the do
I call them remote humans because they are not "users" set up on the SBS2003 system. I've set up a local domain, call it domain.local, and the email domain is domain.org. For all internal users, there is no problem. But there are two people, out of state, with email addresses user1@domain.org and user2@domain.org. Our email is hosted, and we use the POP3 connector to bring it into our Exchange server. We do not use POP3 connector for the remote humans - their Outlook client has the POP3 account set up on it. These remotes will never connect to the local domain, all th...