Using an html signature

My partner has started a new job and has been emailed an html file of the
email signature she should use. Consulting emails from other employees of the
company, I see that this consists of a logo and personal information at the
TOP of the email, with a standard disclaimer appearing BELOW the body text.
I've opened the html file in Explorer, copied the contents and pasted them
into a new signature, but this places the signature below the insertion
point. I can reposition the insertion point between the signature block and
disclaimer, but this is fiddly and means for each new email you have to
delete the empty line that repositioning leaves above the signature block.
Bizarrely, no one at the company seems to know how their signatures are set
up, so although it is obviously possible to do all this automatically, I
can't figure out how!

"Blacktom" <Blacktom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> My partner has started a new job and has been emailed an html file of the
> email signature she should use. Consulting emails from other employees of
> the
> company, I see that this consists of a logo and personal information at the
> TOP of the email, with a standard disclaimer appearing BELOW the body text.

This sounds more like stationery than a signature file.  Signatures always
follow the message text.  There's no way in Outlook to surround text with a
signature.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

drawing anywhere onscreen by using transparent window?
Hi, I am looking for an example of how to create a transparent window that I can position anywhere on the screen and draw to it using the GDI. So basically it would look like I am drawing on the screen over top of everything, but really I am just drawing to my transparent window. Anyone know how to do this and/or know where there is an example of how to do this? Thanks, gman you can make window with WS_POPUP style or use as a parent HWND_DESKTOP. Then override its OnEraseBkgnd and return TRUE - this should stop CWnd from filling background with white color. All drawing do in OnPai...

Use CountIf() with symbols
I have a column were I insert certain symbols, for example X, and I need to count how many of each symbol I have. I cannot use "X" in criteria, as Excel doesn't recognize this as the X symbol. How can I solve this? Thanks in advance. Regards, Emece.- Have you enclosed the X in quotes in your formula? =Countif(c1:C100,"X") -- HTH, RD --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Please keep all correspondence within the NewsGroup, so all may benefit ! ------------------------------------------------------------...

Applying a function to all used cells in another sheet
How can I display double the numbers in cells of Sheet1 in corresponding cells Sheet2? Normally I would type the formula in Sheet2 and manually drag the cells down to include all the used cells in Sheet1. (e.g. =Sheet1!A1*2 ) I want my formula to be automatically applied to all the used cells in Sheet1, but I don't know how many of them are there besides I don't want to display zeros for the empty cells in Sheet1. Any help? In cell A1 on your second sheet, put:- =IF(Sheet1!A1<>"",Sheet1!A1*2,"") and copy across and down your sheet 2 -- Regards ...

Which type of chart would you suggest to use?
Hi all, I have a group of users with cost utilization data for each year from 2001 to 2003 and also network data side by side. I'd like to use Excel chart to display the trends. The following is my sample data, Can anyone give me some idea what type of chart I should use? or if you have any sample chart that I can look at? Thanks for all your help in advance!!! Jenny UserID 2001 2001Net 2002 2002Net 2003 2003Net A 14.09 13 15.64 14.5 16.85 15.4 B 6.56 13 9.78 14.5 9.92 15.4 C 5 13 7 14.5 8 15.4 D 3.25 13 3.04 14.5 3.15 15.4 E 8.9 13 4.8 14.5 7.8 15.4 F 6.26 13 6.07 14.5 6.38 15.4 G 1...

Implementing a "watch" feature using follow-up flags
Hi all, I am subscribed to a large number of newsgroups (using NewsHound) and mailing lists in Outlook. And I would like to see if there is new activity in some threads that I contribute to or which interests me. So I've created a Search Folder with follow-up messages and I have marked the entire conversation with a follow-up flag. Up until now, everything is cool; the existing messages from that conversation do appear in the Search Folder. Now the question: will the new messages that belong to this conversation be automagically flagged with this flag and thus, will they appear in...

error using word as the email editor (office 200,W2K)
I keep receiving the following error - "Microsoft word is set to be your e-mail editor. However, word is unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version as Outlook. The outlook email editor will be used instead. An OLE registration error occurred. The progrma is not correctly installed. Run setup again for the program." I have tried detect and repair; reinstalling - the error persists. Any suggestions? ...

Learning to use Wird 2007
Moving from Word 2002 to Word 2007, I must say I am having trouble adapting to using the ribbon. Actually I am getting to hate it. Is there a way to replace it with the way Word was in 2002? Jeff Reinstall Word 2002? It may take a while but you will get used to the ribbon. In the meantime almost all the keyboard shortcuts still work. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< &g...

how do format using bullets in a cell in excel?
I am trying to format a list using bullets in one cell in an excel spreadsheet. Can somone please provide some suggestions on how to do this? I have tried copying and pasting from Word, and that doesn't work either. I just had to do this today. Here is what I did and it looked pretty good Format the first character of your text as Wingdings, and type the CAP L, that is a round bullet charater, then reformat to the font you wish to use and type away. "olliesf" wrote: > I am trying to format a list using bullets in one cell in an excel > spreadsheet. Can somone pleas...

Using sharepoint for keeping track of jobs
Hi everyone, I'm not familiar with sharepoint , so sorry if my question is too off. Currently we use Outlook for submitting jobs to word processing department ( often send the original file or the link to the original file sitting somewhere in our network) and after they work on the couments ( it could be defferent types of docs like word, Power point, pdf, excel, ..) they send back the email to the person (s) who requested the job , also in many cases WP has to break down the job into smaller parts among WP . My question is : Does sharpoint give us any tools for keeping tra...

HTML Email Limitations in Outlook
Ive trying to establish what the limitations in HTML emails are. I've sucessfully created HTML Emails with images & Links, but want to add other HTML functionality such as auto refresh, redirect, open browser windows. I have these working in HTML pages, but not when sent as email. Are these functions possible? Is there a definitive list online of the HTML capabilities for email? Regards ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

using outlook with MSN hotmail
I am having trouble synchronizing MSN hotmail with outlook. It always gives me a server timeout error. what can I do? ...

XY Scatter Graph using Columns of Y and X coordinates
Hi, I'm trying to build an XY Scatter Graph. I want to have: * "Opportunity" on the Y axis * "Capabilities" on the X axis * I'd like to have each XY coordinate labeled with a number. Here is some of the data I am using: # A Capabilities 1 4.9 3.8 2 4.1 4.8 3 4.1 3.5 4 3.9 3.3 When I use the XY Scatter graph in Excel, I get: using Columns: both "Opportunity" and "Capabilities" numbers charted on the Y axis with "Opportunity" and "Capabilities" eac...

How do I use long date format in a header or footer?
You don't. Excel defaults to short date. You can achieve a modicum of alteration in Windows Regional Settings but not like Thursday, November 16, 2005 To get that you would need a macro. Sub DateInFooter() With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.CenterFooter = Format(Date, "dddd, MMMM dd, yyyy") End With End Sub Alternative................. Assume you have date formatted to Thursday, November 16, 2005 in A1 Sub CellInFooter() With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.CenterFooter = .Range("A1").text End With End Sub Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 16 N...

Extra line before signature in replies or forwards
Hello, I have a problem where my signature appears fine in new email, but there seems to be an extra line before the signature in replies or forwards. For example, where a new email might end with: Thanks, Brian [Signature] A reply or forward would look like: Thanks, Brian [Signature] Does anyone know why this happens or how to fix it? I get tired of hitting [DEL] on replies and forwards to shore-up that extra line. Also, this seems to happen on HTML replies only, not on plain text. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. If you want to reply to me directly, remove the capi...

Delay Delivery-How to Determin Who has sent using
I have a send queue that has grown large on my Exchange 2003 server. I suspect that it is due to user sending using a delayed delivery since my outbound SMTP queue is clear and I have no performance problems with disks, processor, or memory. How can I determin who has sent a email using delayed delivery? -- RS MCSE, MCP +I MCP ...

Which Reminder is used on meetings you accept?
I understand setting your default reminders etc for your calendar for meetings you create. However, when you accept a meeting from someone else, does it keep their reminder settings that were set upon creation of the meeting or does your settings change/override them to match your normal default? We are using Outlook 2007 with exchange. My normal reminder default is 15 minutes before the meeting is due. My co-worker sent me a meeting request, which she set as No Reminder, All day event, Free, to let me know she was going to be on vacation that day. When I accepted it, it c...

replacing text using a macro
Hi, I would like to run a macro that replaces all text that is not 'member' or 'centre' or 'customer support' with 'other'. Can someone please help? I could do a search and replace, however there are about 20 other options that it would be a long macro, and I imagine it would be better to do one that includes 'if not', but not sure how to do it. Thanks. =IF(OR(A1="member",A1="centre",A1="customer support"),A1,"other") If you want to replace the original data, copy the new data, select the old, Edit>Paste S...

how to use PRINTER_CHANGE_ADD_PRINTER flag in VC++
Hi, currently my application giving informationlike no. printers connected to the system. while running my application if i installed new printer, how can i get new printer is installed and printer information? regards, Ravindra I've never tried this, but I think you can set up a thread that uses a waiting mechanism to wait for the change notification: http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms687069(VS.85).aspx Then you can call this to see what actually happened. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms536031(VS.85).aspx You'd have to have your own mechanism in your threa...

duplicate resource. type:CURSOR when "Use MFC in a Static Library"
Good day, I have DLL with multiple resource files. When compiled in Debug compiles fine, in Release failes with error: CVTRES : fatal error CVT1100: duplicate resource. type:CURSOR, name:13, language:0x0409 I don't use CURSOR resource in RC files at all. I find out that it's caused by "Use MFC in a Static Library" - Release config with "Use MFC in a Static Library" fails, Release config with "Use MFC in a Shared DLL" works fine. Any hint? Thanks, Arek. ...

Convert HTML to XML
How do I convert an HTML page into XML? My initial thought is to convert the page to xslt but I'm not sure how to do this. Please provide any source code examples if you have them. Thanks, Mike -- mcp, mcse, mcsd, mcad.net, mcsd.net "MLibby" <mlibby@nospam.nospam> wrote in message news:90A50F51-D4E6-41F3-A419-5202E8447719@microsoft.com... > How do I convert an HTML page into XML? There are many remarkable differences between HTML and XML, including HTML is not required to be well-formed (having balanced begin and end tags), and HTML is case-insensitive. Your conve...

How to use count in range of cells
=count(B2:J10) works in a macro, but how to use this function in VBA? Hans One way: Dim nResult As Long nResult = Application.Count(Range("B2:J10")) In article <4efcd$43c7e651$d549b92d$18219@cache10.multikabel.net>, "nieuws" <h.dielissen@multiweb.nl> wrote: > =count(B2:J10) > > works in a macro, but how to use this function in VBA? > Hans It works! Thanks Hans ...

Excel incrustado en HTML
Hola a todos, �Alguien conoce la manera de inscrustar un archivo excel en una pagina web? Me imagino que ser� a traves de un activex <object> pero no lo he conseguido todavia. Necesito que se pueda ver con una version del office 2000 m�ximo. muchas gracias -- Joseba Alonso www.sidedev.net www.5dms.com ...

Can't view HTML emails. Any help?
I'm reading my emails from both at home and i work (i leave them on the server and download them separetly at both PCs). However, while at work when a HTML email comes i read/view it properly with all its images and backgrounds and fonts, when it is downloaded at home it is converted into text email and it includes no images, fonts except some extra code. I've searched all settings and options and couldnt find anything. I assume it is something that has with the security settings but do not know why. Can someone suggest somethin please? GiorgosH <GiorgosH@discussions.micros...

Using an If Formula with Conditional Formatting
Using Excel 2000; Hi everyone, Help please 1?: Red. If the value that is caluculated in cell B41 is =to or less then the value in Cell B42 by 1% turn Red. Actual value in cell B41 and B42 are whole numbers. B42 is a sum of several cells above and changes every day. However, the whole number entered into cell B42 only changes 1 time a month. 2?: Light Green. If the value that is caluculated in cell B41 is = to or greater then by .2999 then the value in Cell B42 turn light green. Actual value in cell B41 and B42 are whole numbers. B42 is a sum of several cells above and chang...

Sort Xml using XpathExpression Addsort()