Use with Office Communicator saving Conversations (IM)

Our office just upgraded our email, and now we have Office Communicatior
available.  OC allows the saving of conversations to Outlook.  I noticed that
when a conversation is closed or saved and returned to after a time delay,
there are 2 conversations in the folder.  Is there a way to only have 1
conversation in the folder? or to have the seperate conversations be
distinct, i.e. convo 1 at 930am and ends at 1015 is one, and another covo
starts at 215-225.  now i'll have a conversation saved at 1015 that has all
im from 930, as well as a convo at 225 that has the 215-225 as well as the
earlier 930-1015 saved.

Better ask your question in the Office Communicator newsgroup. Outlook does
not control this behavior.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Shades" <Shades@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Our office just upgraded our email, and now we have Office Communicatior
> available.  OC allows the saving of conversations to Outlook.  I noticed
> that
> when a conversation is closed or saved and returned to after a time delay,
> there are 2 conversations in the folder.  Is there a way to only have 1
> conversation in the folder? or to have the seperate conversations be
> distinct, i.e. convo 1 at 930am and ends at 1015 is one, and another covo
> starts at 215-225.  now i'll have a conversation saved at 1015 that has
> all
> im from 930, as well as a convo at 225 that has the 215-225 as well as the
> earlier 930-1015 saved.

0
Roady

communication failure #2
I am using Exchange 5.5 with sp4. When I send an e-mail to a particular e-mail address it comes back with this error "Unable to deliver the message due to a communications failure" When I send it from a hotmail account, it goes through fine. I checked my IMS to see if I had any restrictions on this particular site or e-mail address but there was nothing. Note: when the e-mail comes back it comes from system administrator. When I double click on the system administrator, there is no name or e-mail address. I do not know if it is my system admin or the receiver system admin. Please ...

How do I use the connection string to connect to a table on the database that I am working on.
I have two related tables. and one form of which one of the tables is a subform and i want to write the data on the subform to a textfile. I used this code to connect to the table but because I have already opened the MDB. I get the error that the file is already openned. objConn.CursorLocation = adUseClient objConn.ConnectionString = "Provider=Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0;" & _ "Data Source=C:\Documents and Settings\exds006\Desktop\Electronic LIV;" & "Persist Security Info=False" objConn.Open Is there another way of accessing th...

how to use the search dialog box ?
Hello Everybody, I have a question concerning the opening of dialogs box. I would like to open the Search Dialog Box. My stupid code is like this : Private Sub CommandButtonSearch_Click() 'ouvre la boite de dialogue Rechercher Application.Dialogs(xlDialogFormulaFind).Show End Sub With this code, the problem is that the Search Dialog box is indeed open but whatever the text to find in the worksheet, there is no result. If I stop the macro, open by hand the Search Dialog box and type the same text, it works... Can you help me to solve this problem ? Thanks a lot in advance. ...

Countif using symbols
I have a worksheet that has a column containing icons, from the new options of conditional formatting, in Excel 2007 (Icon sets) I need to count how many of each icon I have. Can I do this using the function COUNTIF(). I couldn't figure out what should I use as criteria here. Thanks in advance. Regards, Emece.- ...

Using a common outlook address book on a home network
How do I configure my system so that all computers on my home office network can use the same list of contacts? Each computer has Outlook 2000. Two use Windows 2000 Professional; one uses Windows XP. Matt Arnett <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > How do I configure my system so that all computers on my > home office network can use the same list of contacts? > Each computer has Outlook 2000. Two use Windows 2000 > Professional; one uses Windows XP. Create a network share, place your PST in that share, map a drive to it on the other machines and open the P...

Creating and using a Deleted folder
I am using outlook 2002 and when an item is deleted it shows as the item with a line thur it. Is there anyway to have the deleted item moved to a deleted folder. I am running outlook with 3 connections. Two I IMAP and one with MS exchange. The exchange one does have a deleted folder but the others don't Scott Adams <adamsfour@aol.com> wrote: > I am using outlook 2002 and when an item is deleted it > shows as the item with a line thur it. Is there anyway to > have the deleted item moved to a deleted folder. No. That's the way IMAP works. -- Brian Tillman ...

copy of active screen without using the Print Screen button
Hi, I have a Netbook and it does not have a Print Screen button.HOW do i capture the active window to paste it into a Word document?I do that all the time on a different computer and i am travelling at the moment and i am stuck as i cannot seem to find an *alternative button. Anyone know? I have tried the Gadwin print screen software but it does not work very well for me. TIA XP user wrote: > Hi, > > I have a Netbook and it does not have a Print Screen button.HOW do i capture > the active window to paste it into a Word document?I do that all the time on >...

saving excel file with it's add in
Hi, I have an Excel file that uses a formula from an add in installed in m computer (*.xla). How can I save the project including the add in in order to use it i another computer that doesn't have the add in. thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Do you really mean that your workbook uses a function that's in the addin? If yes, I think you have two choices. #1. Take the addin with you (and install it on the other pc). #2. Extract the code/procedure for that function from the addin and put it in your workbook. (If the addin's project is protected, then thi...

using dmax
I want to find the max temperature for each day of the year over 10 years worth of data. I can do it by using a criteria where the first in the range of the criteria is the label ("Date" in this case) and under that cell is the date I want to look up (eg "Jan,3"). But it seems like I need to have 2 cells per day of the year in order to specify each day. That is, it looks like I have to do it this way: A B 1 Date 2 ="Jan,1" =dmax(H100:I465,2,A1:A2) 3 Date 4 ="Jan,2" =dmax(H100:I465,2,A3:A3) 5 ...

E-mail stuck in Inbox, file in use, backup fails
I have a reoccuring problem that is driving me nuts. I have Small Business Server 2003 with Exchange set up. A user keeps getting a specific e-mail in her inbox in the mail store that kills the Veritas backup. The e-mail never makes it to the Outlook 2003 client. If you use OWA, the e-mail shows up there but it will not open. The page not found error is HTTP 500 server error. If you look at the log in Veritas, it says 'file in use' and 'access denied'. On the weekend I rebooted the server remotely and then permanently deleted the e-mail. The backup completed succes...

Save Dialog Box for Smartphone 5.0
Dear, I am developing an application to enable user to save file with desired file name, I can get a save dialog box in Pocket PC 5.0 using GetSaveFilaName API, but it dont work for Smartphone 5.0. Is there any way to get Save Dialog Box in Smartphone 5.0 using VC++. I would realy appriciate any help. Thanx Atif ...

Adjustmant To VBA using AdvancedFilter
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0124_01C35208.FC27F940 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Good evening All I am hoping that someone will be able to help with this. I have some small VBA code (shown below), which applies to the following = example of a data set: Worksheet "Invoice Record" A B C =20 1 M100 152.34 03 2 M101 100.02 NP 3 M100 250.65 02 4 M100 565.52 01 5 M102 745.87 NP 6 ...

Extra prompts from Excel 2007 after saving a CSV file
Here's the scenario: 1. I open a .CSV file in Excel 2007. 2. I make some data change to the file. 3. I save the file. Excel prompts me to use the CSV format again. This is a little annoying, but I answer Yes, I want to keep this format. 4. I try to close Excel. 5. Excel prompts me with "Do you want to save the changes you made to '(filename)?' Yes/No/Cancel. This is INFURIATING. I just saved the darn file. So I click No, thereby training myself to click no when prompted by Excel to save changes, guaranteeing I'll lose work in the future. Does anyone know a way to get E...

Charts That Communicate Progress
I am trying to select charts that will lend themselves well to communicating progress. For example, Pie Charts don't tend to be a good way for communicating progress whereas another type of Chart might be more effective. In other words here is where we were, here is where we are, and here is where we want to be. What would you recommend? Hi, Sounds like you need some sort of Gannt chart. Dave "Workbook" wrote: > I am trying to select charts that will lend themselves well to communicating > progress. For example, Pie Charts don't tend to be a good way for ...

Using the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility for Office installation
Windows XP Professional, ver 2002, (9.0.6926) SP2 NTFS Office 2000 Professional SP3 Internet Explorer 7.0.5730.11 128 bit cipher strength I'm using Shenan Stanley's cleanup procedures, prepping for install of Windows XP SP3. Confirm answers regarding instructions for using the Windows Installer CleanupUtility to remove Office 2000, Office XP or Office 2003. (1) Right now, I'm running Office 2000 Professional SP3. I know Microsoft article 290301 says the Installer Cleanup Utility it is not going to remove the actual Office program; it is only going to remove ...

office 2003 #5
i installed office 2003 about an year ago. now my outlook can not send/recieve. i have tried fixing it by uninstalling and reinstalling it but there is no change. any thoughts out there? Ed And what happens when you Test Accounts? "Ed" <telcotech@comcast.net> wrote in message news:1e2dnaI8DLaFkYDbnZ2dnUVZ_s-rnZ2d@comcast.com... > i installed office 2003 about an year ago. now my outlook can not > send/recieve. i have tried fixing it by uninstalling and reinstalling it > but > there is no change. any thoughts out there? > > Ed > > it works f...

Money 2007 Savings and Spending Budget
I am using the new Savings and Spending Budget in Money 2007. Is there some way to add or rename a budget group? It looks like you can only change the planned % of income and move categories between the existing groups. Since you are the first person to come here and admit to using the new budget toy, I'm not sure how much help we can be. If the past is any indication, the Category Groups are what they are. The new toy budget may well be as inflexible as you report. .. "Brook Buchanan" <BrookBuchanan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:749F171E-31E0-...

OWA can be use and sometimes could not
Hi to proffesionals I have Exchange 2003 on Win 2003 Active Directory Domain. Some users can use OWA sometimes, and other users could not use OWA partly time. Why does this happen? Regards, B.Majidi In news:u2YBFh8NHHA.320@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl, Babak Majidi <b_majidi@yahoo.co.uk> typed: > Hi to proffesionals > I have Exchange 2003 on Win 2003 Active Directory Domain. > Some users can use OWA sometimes, and other users could not use OWA > partly time. > Why does this happen? > > Regards, > B.Majidi It's impossible to say with so little information - you h...

Problem receiving e-mail using Outlook XP SP 3 on Win XP SP2 Machi
I have many users having issues with not receiving new e-mail until they "tickle" their Outlook by switching views. Additionally they sometimes see items staying in their Outbox even though the item is in fact delivered to the recipient. I tried both of the following KB articles. One did not help, the other one using the regedt32.exe did not have a key for 9.0, only 10.0 and 8.0. Any help would be greatly appreciated, I've been troubleshooting this for 2 weeks now. Thanks, Anne Altman http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;304849 or http://support.mi...

Office 2007: English language pack necessary?
Hi, 3rd time lucky I'm hoping (I've posted this twice - successfully acccording to the system, but neither has shown up). I'm trying to convert my trial into the full program. I'm on the last leg of the process and breing offered an English language pack at $40. Do I need it or not - the page doesn't tell me. I'm assuming that downloading in an English-spreaking country I don't, but what is in it? If I do need it buying later may be more difficult/expensive. Thanks. You are not able to do this. You need to purchase an English version of Office a...

How to view standard 40 colour palette in office 7?
In Office 7, word & excel when trying to pick font colour or fill colour i just get themed colours and only 10 standard colours, how can i change so i can pick from the original 40 standard colours available in earlier versions of office? I used to use all of the 40 standard colours and now I can only find 10 i'm really stuck with matching colours. Thanks You want to reduce the 60 choices you have now to 40? Tracy wrote: > In Office 7, word & excel when trying to pick font colour or fill colour i > just get themed colours and only 10 standard colours, how ca...

How to save custom cell formatting?
When I goto Format - Cells - Custom and type my own format. For e.g. #,###,##0.00000 The format mentioned above is available for current file only. How do I make it available to other files (and new ones) as well? ...

Saving to a UNC path in excel 2003
When trying to save to a network drive, I am getting an error saying the drive is read only when it is not. I have looked on knowledge base and have found I need a hotfix but I can not see where to download it from. I would be greatful for any help. Many Thanks Jason Dumenil Usually those KB articles that say there's a hotfix available, has a way to contact MS directly mentioned in the KB. Jason Dumenil wrote: > > When trying to save to a network drive, I am getting an > error saying the drive is read only when it is not. I > have looked on knowledge base and have f...

Entourage in Office for Mac 2008 features #3
Some of the features I used every day in Office 2004 appear to be gone. How do you save a contact without having to create a new window every time? There used to be a "Save" box at the bottom of the "Create Contact" box. Now you have to click "More", then go back into Address Book, create a new Create Contact window and make 3 steps in what used to be one simple, save and the box re-appeared blank. I just found you can add the "Save and New" icon to the toolbar. In article <ee8a70a.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, Foosh@officeformac.com wrote: >...

Unable to save and close a meeting in Outlook 2007
I have ended up resending a meeting invitation to board members inadvertently because I do not have an option to save and close the original meeting. I can do that with the appointments of the people I sent the invitation to, but not from the originator. I need to be able to do this, since there are often notes that need to be added. Hopefully this can be solved, because if not, its a very bad 'update'. ...