Use Outlook Client with OWA

My company provides email access via OWA. Is it possible to use the normal Outlook Client to access this email account?.
Submitted using http://www.outlookforums.com
0
john

You should ask the company you work for if they support RPC over HTTP
(a.k.a. Outlook Anywhere).  If they say yes and you are running Windows XP
with SP2 or newer with Outlook 2003 or newer, then your in like Flint.

"john" <jrubis[at]ptd[dot]net> wrote in message
> My company provides email access via OWA. Is it possible to use the normal
> Outlook Client to access this email account?. Submitted using
> http://www.outlookforums.com

0
neo
5/8/2010 12:34:12 PM
"neo" <neo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>  then your in like Flint.

The phrase is actually "in like FLYNN" and refers to the late Errol Flynn's
womanising....

0
Gordon
5/9/2010 1:09:35 PM
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0061810/

Try again.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, Gordon asked:

| "neo" <neo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
|
||  then your in like Flint.
|
| The phrase is actually "in like FLYNN" and refers to the late Errol
| Flynn's womanising....

0
Milly
5/9/2010 9:18:46 PM
Showing my age, that movie when it came out even mentioned the title was
from "In like Flynn" which preceded it by many years.

Don Burn (MVP, Windows DKD)
Windows Filesystem and Driver Consulting
Website: http://www.windrvr.com
Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/WinDrvr

0
Don
5/9/2010 9:22:47 PM
Ah, the joy of relative youth!

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, Don Burn asked:

| Showing my age, that movie when it came out even mentioned the title
| was from "In like Flynn" which preceded it by many years.
|

| Don Burn (MVP, Windows DKD)
| Windows Filesystem and Driver Consulting
| Website: http://www.windrvr.com
| Blog: http://msmvps.com/blogs/WinDrvr

0
Milly
5/9/2010 10:21:04 PM
"Gordon" <gordon.burgessparker@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message

> The phrase is actually "in like FLYNN" and refers to the late Errol Flynn's
> womanising....

This is what my source said:

"IN LIKE FLYNN - "Chicago's 'Boss' Flynn's machine never lost an election and
was always 'in office,' inspiring the expression 'in like Flynn,' meaning 'to
have it made.' The popularity of actor Errol Flynn and his amorous activities
helped popularize the phrase in the early 1940s." From "Encyclopedia of Word
and Phrase Origins" by Robert Hendrickson (Facts on File, New York, 1997).
"The Bronx machine that in the thirties under boss Ed Flynn provided the
muscle behind Franklin Roosevelt's ascent to the White House (Flynn became the
national party chairman)." From New York Magazine and Metro TV on the Web
http://www.newyorkmetro.com/nymetro/news/culture/features/1398/ Accessed April
7, 2003."

So, the use of the phrase predates Errol Flynn.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

WCF Client serialization problem

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

owa cant open ppt attachments

using the journal on outlook

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems

CRM and Outlook Integration 07-22-03

Does Outlook use the DAV protocol?

Outlook Recall Msg Process

Are there free upgrades to Outlook 2000?