unsent messages going to drafts when leaving & coming back to it

This just started this week.  When I am in the process of composing an
outlook message and have to leave it to go to another application.  When I
try to go back to it by clicking the Microsoft icon at bottom of page, it is
gone.  Unsent messages used to always be there.  It automatically goes to
drafts.  But there is a delay of about 3 minutes before it goes to drafts, so
it is "lost" for that time.  Before I discovered this, I was retyping
messages.

What has changed?

"jetset99" <jetset99@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> This just started this week.  When I am in the process of composing an
> outlook message and have to leave it to go to another application.  When I
> try to go back to it by clicking the Microsoft icon at bottom of page, it is
> gone.  Unsent messages used to always be there.  It automatically goes to
> drafts.  But there is a delay of about 3 minutes before it goes to drafts,
> so
> it is "lost" for that time.  Before I discovered this, I was retyping
> messages.
>
> What has changed?

Only you can know what you changed.  Always state your Outlook version and
account type when posting a question.

When you say you leave Outlook go to another app, do you leave the compose
window open and does it disappear?

Click Tools>Options>E-mail Options.  The checkbox "Automatically save unsent
items" controls whenther or not items you're composing get saved.  Click
Advanced E-mail Options.  The top two items control the autosave more finely.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

Purging duplicate messages
I am using both Outlook and OE. Using both I want to export my OE local files and import them into Outlook for a permanent record. But over time I have accumalated my duplicate messages in Outlook. Is there some way of purging all Dups in Outlook? Yhanks, Tom The best way to do remove duplicates would be to sort by a date. Reveived, sent, create, but most likely the modify date will do the trick. If you do not see the modify date in your view you can add it by modifying the Current View and adding modified to the list of fields in the Inbox. You may be able to sort by the mofied da...

Sharing messages & contacts between users
Hello, my wife and have upgraded from Win98 and Outlook Express to Win2000 Pro and Outlook 2003... what a time warp! My question is, it's nice to have separate Win2k usernames so she can have a messy desktop and I can have a simple one with web content on the desktop, etc. But when using Outlook 2003, I want both of us to see the same email inbox, same list of unread/read emails, same contacts, same sent items, and so on. I don't want to repeat an email she's already answered or have two sets of contacts for us both. How can I configure Outlook to do that with separate Windo...

Smartlist Builder Go Tos
I've created 2 smartlist. The first is a summary by sales person ID by month of sales in a particular time frame. The second is similar to the first only I now show by sales person ID by month by customer ID the sales in a particular time frame. I'm using a go to in the first smartlist to go to the second smartlist if someone wants to see more detail. I'm trying to pass the time frame from the first to the second. I've created calculated fields in both for Month and Year. I've tried to pass Month from the first using the SmartList Field option to the...

a sound like " du dum" when I come out of lower power mode
I hooked up the printer, scanner, and web-cam in the middle of a boot, and then I started gettting a " du dum " noise when it comes out of " low-power" mode, or " stand-by " mode. When the monitor goes blank after 20 mins, coming back out after moving the mouse, it makes the noises, " do dumm". I know something is an amiss. What is the problem? -- attilathehun1 "attilathehun1" <attilathehun1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7980E0FE-9A5D-42CF-BDCA-0B56DF9E4402@microsoft.com >I hooked up the printer, s...

Message Follow-up doesn't
Outlook 2003 Windows XP Professional Lately when I've flagged emails for follow-up the pop-up messages that would remind me that the follow-up is due hasn't been appearing. This has started happening since I had to have my laptop rebuilt. Any suggestions? Thanks, Rob ...

Error Messages 03-17-05
I have started getting a lot of error messages that simply say, "error, please see system administrator" when I am trying to close opportunities. Well, I am the system administrator and not knowing any specifics about an error leaves me nowhere to start looking to fix it. Does anyone have any ideas? Take a look at the event log on the server, it usually provides more detail on the error message. Be sure that the following key is set in the web.config file. <add key="LogErrors" value="On"/> "Dave" wrote: > I have started getting a lo...

replying to email deletes original message
can anyone help with this problem. everytime I reply to an email that is sent to me, the original disappears from my computer. Outlook 2000 on WinMe Is it deleted or just hidden as you have a view applied, such as "Unread Messages?" --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Douglas Norton asked: | can anyone help with this problem. everytime I repl...

Automatically add sent messages to different folder
Does anybody know if Outlook 2002 or later can be set-up to automatically add outgoing e-mails to a personal folder of your choosing? I'd like to be able to do this on a message by message basis, rather than by rules. Lotus Notes had this capability that brought up a dialog box with all the personal folders listed & let you select one each time. If this feature doesn't exist, does anybody know of an add-in that will accomplish the same purpose? Thanks, You can set the save folder on a per message basis by pressin the Options... button while composing a message. -- Robert S...

How to revert customisations back to default
Hi, I did a proof-of-concept on a CRM install and exported all the customisations. We then decided to deploy and rebuilt the RCM machine from bare metal. When I applied customisations some went through, but not others. I have tried with some success manually editing the XML file to isolate fault, but now just want to revert the install to its out-the-box configuration. Is this possible, and if so how? Thanks, Alex Did you make backups of the initial databases. You then can restore them and after this operation publish the customizations so they will be default again. Succes! &qu...

Backing Up
How do I make sure that when I back-up my data to an external hard drive (Maxtor) that my Outlook info is backed uP? Especially my calendar, contacts and email folders and contents? With Outlook closed, copy your PST file (which contains your email, calendar, contacts). http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm -- Kathleen Orland Please support me in my efforts: SPCA Friends for Life 2010 Walk-A-Thon http://ontariospca.akaraisin.com/p/kathleenorland.aspx "Steve B" <Steve B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5A180B3D-A85A-497...

what's the shortcut key for 'go to next page' ?

Same message received many times
Outlook 2002 downloads the same message hundreds of times. Outlook is set to leave a copy of message on server, and delete mail after 4 days, and delete when deleted from deleted items. Any idea what can cause this? Thanks. What sort of mail account(s) do you have? Is it only one particular message that gets downloaded repeatedly, or do you get all messages over and over? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights "jerry" <jmascari@instantlink.com> wrote in message news:01f901c35d02$baa1...

Deleting Test Messages
Hi I am running Outlook 2002 on a Win XP box. I have 8 e-mail accounts, when I was setting them, as part of the e-mail set-up wizard I pressed the 'Test account settings' button. This works fine BUT for the accounts I only want to receive mail from because I don't have access to the SMTP server of those accounts a test message is sent. This of course fails. Every time I run Outlook now it tries to send these test messages, how do I delete them ?? as they do not show in the outbox folder. Many thanks, Jiddster jid@mi55.screaming.net You can also try to set the SMTP server of y...

Outlook 2003 rules, check messages after sending, not working
Since upgrading to Outlook 2003 (from 2000) we are experiencing problem when using rules and sending messages from other applications (a attachment) We have some rules defined that check messages after sending, dependin on certain words in the subject, the message is moved to another folder This works with no problems when sending messages via outlook but whe sending (as attachment) with word, for example, the message does no get moved. This worked with no problems in Outlook 2000. Also still occurs afte SP2 installation. :( Any advice would be appreciated -- rowland -------------------...

save full, raw message including header to txt Outlook 2002
I need to save a full, unformatted email message including header information to a txt file using Outlook 2002. How do I do that? with 2002, the best option is pocketknife peek (http://www.xintercept.com/pkpeek.htm) or using OE. Outlook 2002 doesn't have a full source option. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http://www.outlo...

Why does / cause cursor to go to File menu?
Using Excel 2002 SP 3. Why I try to enter / (forward slash) in a cell the corsor jumps to the File menu and the cell remians empty Why? Can I prevent this, if so how? TIA. Hi, Chris. Sounds like you have Lotus 123 settings in your Excel. Go to Tools-Options, Transition tab and untick any Lotus options. ________________________ **** Hope it helps! **** ~Dreamboat www.VBAExpress.com/forum ************************ "Chris Mitchell" <chris.a.mitchell@MAPSONbtinternet.com> wrote in message news:cdt5ep$cgf$1@sparta.btinternet.com... > Using Excel 2002 SP 3. > > Why...

Unable to send message
When trying to send a message to a certain email address get this error: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: test 22 Sent: 12/1/2004 8:43 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'Ron Home' on 12/1/2004 8:43 AM The recipient name is not recognized The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=Water Office;l=WATER_NT2-041201134322Z-92 Any help would be great, Ron T. On Wed, 1 Dec 2004 09:10:25 -0500, "Ron T." <rtuell@haverhillwater.com> wrote: >When trying to send a message to a certain email address ge...

Relay denied error message
I have experienced this only twice in the past two or three weeks, it looks like when someone sends an email they are getting a bounce back that states The following recipient(s) could not be reached: XXXXXXXXX on 11/10/2005 8:13 AM You do not have permission to send to this recipient. For assistance, contact your system administrator. <XXXXXXXXX#5.7.1 smtp;550 5.7.1 <XXXX@XXXXXXX.com>... Relaying denied. Please check your mail first.> Can anyone help me out and tell me where to look to see if this is an error on my end. I appreciate you des...

Messages remain in Outbox
My messages remain in my Outbox and are not being sent. I'm using Outlook 2000 and the account is set up as Internet mail. All settings have been checked and I have gone through all of the related help topics on the computer and online. There are no rules set up; I have re- opened messages from Outbox and clicked "Send" and they still remain - although they 'briefly' change to italic, they revert back quickly. The account was working and sending messages last week, and I'm still receiving messages ok. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Kar...

Message Boxes
When displaying a message box how do you insert rows, carriage returns and place bullit points on left hand side of box. I've seen how to do it somewhere and I know it's dead simple but can't remember where!!! Thanx all!!! Mikey, Use the concatenate operator, &, with the Chr(10) (line feed) code: MsgBox "First line" & chr(10) & "Second line" To keep the code cleaner-looking, you may want to use the form: MsgBox "This is the first line" & Chr(10) & _ "This is the second" & Chr(10) & _ "And the fina...

message comes up when click a cell
I have been trying to work out how to get a message to come up when you click on a cell. I have attached an example of what I am trying to do, which was in another spreadsheet which I had, but I didn't make it. I noticed the feature and wondered how to do it? Thank you for your help :p File Attached: http://www.exceltip.com/forum/attachment.php?postid=300547 (example.jpg) ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ use DATA/VALIDATION menu. i think "Input...

Outlook not sending messages
Hello there I am having an issue with Outlook XP and what happens is when I create a new message and send it, it will go to the Outbox and wait there. It will send as soon as I click on the Outbox itself or another folder within outlook today. Any ideas why it doesnt just go to the recipient right away? Thanks for any help provided. wieck Are you using exchange server? your firewall is causing problems with NAT. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Vi...

deactivate 'welcome message' on pop3; smtp ... protocols
Hi NG, I'd like to make this Exchange Server 2003 silent. Right now, all default information about the version of this server etc. will be shown as a welcome message, when i connect via pop3, smtp etc. But is there any function or trick how to deactivate this? how to make the exchange server silent? I tried to google and searching, but how ever, i still don't know... best regards Jan See this: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/change-POP3-IMAP4-SMTP-banner-Exchange-2003.html -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP "Jan Schmidt" <histery@gmx.net> wrote in messa...

outlook '02/xp/slows down reading messages.
Summary of hardware: Pentium 4, 1 gig. memory All scsi (39160, adaptec) Summary of software: xp pro service pack 1 and all critical upgrades xp office pro all critical upgrades. Problem: after a few hours outlook slows to a crawl scrolling through e-mails and reading them. if i reboot the computer the scrolling and reading are back to normal speed. no other program is slowed down at all. have archives and compressed archives.pst and outlook.pst Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. are you using any addins? -- "richard j. boris" <rboris@msn.com> wrote in messa...

Excel charts will not go back to Landscape when selected
When I am on a chart sheet and change orientation from landscape to portrait, I cannot recover the landscape orientation. I've tried creating new charts, which originate in Landscape...same trouble...once the orientation is in Portrait, the Landscape orientation will not recover. Any ideas? -- Please, please consider buying GM vehicles; world class quality...really! Recovery: Changed default printer away from a Ricoh product. Why would the print driver influence ability to change View Orientation? I was not attempting to print anything. -- Please, please consider buyi...