Unable to send email

Help!  I use Outlook 2007 connected to my company email via microsoft
exchange.  Today, I am able to receive and open emails and cen even type a
reply or new email, but cannot send it.  When I press send, I get the
hourglass, but nothing happens--if I click on the menu bar or try to exit
out, I get an error that Outlook is non-responsive.  I end up having to close
completely out of outlook.  There is no record of my typed email in either
drafts or sent.  I am still able to log directly into the web exchange and
email out from there.

I'm not super technical, obviously, so if anyone has a suggestion out there,
I'd really appreciate it!

"Erin" <Erin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Help!  I use Outlook 2007 connected to my company email via microsoft
> exchange.

You should be asking the IT people where you work for help.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
2/17/2010 2:11:27 PM
I did ask the company for help, but no one seems to know what's up--thought
I'd try here to see if anyone had any ideas for me.

"Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:

> "Erin" <Erin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > Help!  I use Outlook 2007 connected to my company email via microsoft
> > exchange.
>
> You should be asking the IT people where you work for help.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>
> .

Try running Microsoft Office Diagnostics

Erin wrote:

> I did ask the company for help, but no one seems to know what's up--thought
> I'd try here to see if anyone had any ideas for me.
>
> "Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]" wrote:
>

>>"Erin" <Erin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>

>>>Help!  I use Outlook 2007 connected to my company email via microsoft
>>>exchange.
>>
>>You should be asking the IT people where you work for help.
>>--
>>Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>>
>>.

0
Bob

HDD unable to format in Storage Manager
Hi I am using wince 6.0 platform builder to mount hard disk. I am able to mount hard disk, but I could not format the drive, Also i could not see the content of the HDD when i tried with an already formated disk. whenever I Click the storage manager -> Dismount->Format, it shows message box "Unable to format store". I have attached my platform registry settings --------------------------------------------------------------------- [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\PCI\Instance\genericide] "Prefix"="IDE" "Dll"="atapi.dll"...

Teachers/Admin reading emails?
Hi I'm trying to come up with an easy way as an admin and also as a teacher to read children's email.; I don't want to do this because I'm nasty, I need to do it to check the system is not being abused. I've had a look at adding user accounts to my admin outlook but if I do that I get a message: "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location". What am I doing wrong? Thanks XYZ wrote: > I'm trying to come up with an easy way as an admin and also as a > teacher to read children's email.; I ...

unable to read current logging plugin value
When ever I go to the properties page of my SMTP virtual server on Exchange 2003 I get a popup that says "unable to read the current logging plugin value" the title bar says IIS. I need to be able to get some logs as I have several users who are getting delivery delay messages when sending out email and I have alot of queues that have connection timed out. Any help is appreciated. Sounds like a metabase inconsistency. If you run ExBPA, does it report DS2MB issues? "Elbryyan" <Elbryyan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B982D8FE-1283-4FBD-8F5...

Problem with MS CRM Token in sending email from comaigne.
Hello, I have a problem with executing campaigns in MS CRM. I added a marketing list to campaigns activities and sending mail merge email to all my clients. Emails which were sending from mail merge (use word) do not have a MS CRM token in their subject. So answers are not automatically linked to campaign activity. In my MS CRM system settings dialog box I set option email tracking for enabled and I don’t have problem with sending email form MS CRM. Any suggestions? Thx for your help. ...

emailing personified messages
I need to send out emails to my customers from my home computer. Though the taxt I send is the same, I need each email to look individual in the sense that it is adresses to a particular address, without showing other adresses. How do I automate this? OL help>mail merge "aa" <A@aa.com> wrote in message news:eUNV%23afFHHA.4072@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I need to send out emails to my customers from my home computer. > Though the taxt I send is the same, I need each email to look individual in > the sense that it is adresses to a particular address, without sho...

Bounced email capture.
Is there a way to capture bounce emails? Sorry, forgot to add that this is for Exchange 2003. "Boobatron" wrote: > Is there a way to capture bounce emails? Hi Sure it is possible, you have afew options you can either create a catchall SMTP Event sync, or use a product called MailBasketMD from TurboGeeks, see the links below: MS Document CatchAll SMTP mailbox EventSync http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324021 MailbasketMD from Turbo Geeks http://turbogeeks.com/products/mailbasket.asp There is also a pre made SMTP Event Sync script you could use http:...

A2007 SP2 sending pdf attachment to email comes out portrait
I have an app that uses an event procedure to send a report in pdf format via email. It's a simple command, works perfectly most of the time. Every 50 or so times, various users, it ends up generating the report in Portrait format instead of landscape. No rhyme or reason. Sender will execute the app 5 times, then on the sixt time, it turns up portrait, then send it again and it turns up landscape as it should. What is happening here? "JimfromIndy" <jim.shaffer@gmail.com> a �crit dans le message de groupe de discussion : 5a7f94a8-d164-4564-b063-4b141c67765...

How do I set up a repeating weekly email in outlook?
I am trying to set up an email that is sent out every Thursday to serve as a reminder with out having to repeat the process every week. Is there a way to perform this action? DDPARTIN1;707494 Wrote: > I am trying to set up an email that is sent out every Thursday to serve as a > reminder with out having to repeat the process every week. Is there a way to > perform this action? Outlook does not have a built-in means of doing this. There are two possible solutions. 1. Write a script that sends the message using VBScript. Schedule it to run using Windo...

Outlook has stopped sending messages
I am running XP and Outlook 2007. Following an automatic installation of system software, it appears that Outlook has stopped sending messages from the Outbox. Upon checking the accounts under "Tools" I chose "repair" and the connection was checked but yielded the following message: "An encrypted connection to your mail server is not available". This is not the first time this has happened. The first time this happened I inserted the Outlook 2007 CD and selected "Repair" and it seemed to fix the problem. Now, however, repairing from the CD doe...

Email invoices w/ Money small business
I would like to email my invoices as html or Doc. How do I do this. Emailing the txt of an invoice lookes terrible. Any sugestions? ...

Large emails
Hi At the moment our emails are routed through a seperate server that has software installed on it that allows us to queue up large attachments and send them out of office hours. I have E2K SP3, I am going to migrate to E2K3 shortly and was hoping and wondering that E2K3 had this functionality built into it. Thanks Bob You can simply create an smtp connector and specify that. Not required to route through another server. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "bob smythe" <bob@aol.com> wrote in message news:O01PFKSvFHA.3500@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx...

Automatically outline all email addresses in a given text by putting them in red-bold
Hi, I often treat raw texts and need to quickly visialize the paragraph containg email addresses. It takes me a great deal of working time t manually click red-bold on each email address I see in a text and it i not rare that I omit some addresses. Is there a simple function (like replace all *@* with *@* red-bold) i Excel or Word that I can use to automatize the process? Thanx in advanc -- frenchbo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- frenchbox's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2927 View this thread: http://w...

Junk Email & Blocked Senders List
If I drag email to the Junk Email folder, doesn't that automatically add the sender to the Blocked Senders List? Or do I really have to right click every single spammer and choose "Add to Blocked Senders List?" Using Outlook 2003. Thanks. rju166 <and_mike@hotmail.com> wrote: > If I drag email to the Junk Email folder, doesn't that automatically > add the sender to the Blocked Senders List? Nope. There's nothing special about moving an itrem into the Junk E-mail folder. > Or do I really have to > right click every single spammer and choose "A...

Additional Exchange Mailbox downloads emails again everyday

Can I cut and paste email messages into a cell and it only show when I click on the cell?
Thanks Colin Colin, I don't believe that you can do that. You could paste the email messages to another sheet and then use a hyperlink to goto it or use a vba form solution. -- Hope this helps Martin Fishlock, Bangkok, Thailand Please do not forget to rate this reply. "colincurious@hotmail.com" wrote: > Thanks > Colin > > Hi Colin, You could use a Worksheet SelectionChange event procedure to render the contents of certain cells invisible unless the cell is the active cell. For Example, this results in A1, B1 and G4 only being visible on the sheet (still...

How can I make the default send account more dynamic?
Not sure if dynamic is the word, but here is my dilemma: My wife and I both have email accounts. Mine is the default. :-) She will sometimes forget to use the "send using" function (which I am sure I would also do) and ends up sending messages from me, I get the replies etc. So I am trying to figure out a way around this. Is there any type of add-in that would always prompt? I am running XP Pro and could setup a different profile for her and make her the default user for that profile, but then we lose (I assume) the ability to share the same Outlook file as our calendar and con...

Unable to Open Attachment Task Pane in Outlook 2007
I am totally unable to open the very useful Attachment Options Task Pane in Outlook 2007. I press the little icon in the corner of the 'Include' section in the ribbon, but nothing happens. The other Windows and Panes selectable from the other ribbon options all open OK (Clipboard, text, Options etc), but not the Attachment Options. Any ideas please? -- Neil You'll first need to attach a file before you are able to click on the small icon. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downl...

Outlook 2003 Adding several Emails to Block Sender list at One Tim #2
I just upgraded to Windows 2003 SP 2. In the older version of Outlook, I could highlight several emails and add them to the junk senders list by selecting: Action/Junk Email/Ad to junk senders list With 2003, the option to “Add Sender to blocked senders list” is grayed out and I am not able to select it. What can I do to be able to use this? It is available when I select an individual email. you can only add one at a time. BTW - blocking senders is a poor way to manage spam, especially since there is a limit of about 2000 addresses on the blocked and safe lists combined. -- Diane...

Same problem from yesterday Unable to send my aol mail via windows
I had this very same problem yesterday and Gary was able to sort it out. I have went to send email again today and the same problem has happend. I have just ran a full scan of my pc and it shows it is clear of spyware and viruses etc. Once complete I tried sending email again and all I get is the following error. An unknown error has occurred. Subject 'Brian Quigley Key Account Manager HQ 5816', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smtp.aol.com', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.2.1 554 AOL will not accept delivery of this message ', Port:...

Aarrgghh!!! Can send external mail but not receive it
My customer has one Exchange Server with 2 domains - I'll call them 'companyA.co.uk' and 'companyB.net'. The users for CompanyA are the same people as the users for CompanyB. There is a requirement for these users to send and receive email (they use Outlook) from both their 'companyA.co.uk' and their 'companyB.net' addresses. I acheived this by configuring 2 user accounts per user in Active Directory and then giving one user full control of the other, and by giving one user permissions to view/send as etc on behalf of the other. This worked fine for over...

Search and Send replies not working
I'm using the web based version of this group. For several months, i have found that when I search for something, I don't get all the hits that are available. It's not that I've typed something in wrong. I've tested this a number of ways. I complained about this sometime back and was told to use the web-based news reader. That doesn't seem to work much better. It's very frustrating and time consuming. But I do find this group to be valuable. Can something be done? I also find that when I post a question and check 'Notify me of replies...

Unable to use Open File Dialog with namespace clsid on Vista
Hi, I'm using VC6/MFC. The following code CFileDialog dlg(TRUE) ; dlg.m_ofn.lpstrInitialDir = "::{<clsid>}" ; dlg.DoModal() ; where <clsid> is the id of a shell namespace (e.g. Recycle Bin is {645FF040-5081-101B-9F08-00AA002F954E}) This allows an app to set the initial dir for a file dialog to a special folder or a custom namespace extension. This works fine on Win2k, 2003, and XP. On Vista RC2 no matter which namespace clsid is given the dialog always opens at My Documents. I haven't been able to test on the released version of Vista. I need to make it u...

Email of a queue has to be a CRM User?
Hi, I have created several queues related to the various products we are provided support. I am now testing the email functionalities (a customer is sending to the helpdesk address related to a product). The email is received in exchange but does not reach the queue. The account which is associated with the email address of the queue has the CRMEmailEnabled attribute, the SELF : Associated External Account checked, FULL Mailbox Access and has been disabled.... Does CRM requires to register the account associated with the email address of the queue (not the owner of the queue) to be a ...

Can't Disable Send/Receive Progress Box
I cannot disable the "Send/Receive Progress" box in Outlook 2000. I put a check in the "Don't show this dialog box during send/receive" option, but it does not take effect. So each time I send/receive mail, I have to take action to close this dialog box. This is a real pain. I have two mail accounts; one is a POP3 account, the other is an HTTP account. I've tried disabling one account or the other, to no avail. Now I am hoping that someone can provide a solution, even if it means editing the registry. Your help will be greatly appreciated. ...

How do I get WLM remove emails from my ISP Server
Previous Microsoft mail programs would delete emails from the ISP Server when downloading emails, but it appears WLM doesn't. Am I missing something or do I have to find another email program? On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 23:15:01 -0800, rogric <rogric@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Previous Microsoft mail programs would delete emails from the ISP Server when >downloading emails, but it appears WLM doesn't. Am I missing something or do >I have to find another email program? As far as I remember from my OE days, it is still the same. Tools Menu --> Accou...