Unable to attach pst or import pst

older format pst, trying to link it into Outlook 2007, error file size
exceeds storage limit use shift delete to permananetly delete content to
reduce file size.
But how can we clean it out if we can't open it in outlook to reduce the
file size
ran a scan pst on it and repaired, but keep getting the same error message
when I try to link it into outlook, tried creating a new pst and import the
contents into it but same message
Is there a way to get around this message so you can attach the pst so  you
can clean it up to reduce the size.

Thanks

Outlook E-mail Unable to SEND
I'm traveling. While charter.net is my home ISP and I can send using Charter's own Webmail system, I cannot send using my Microsoft Outlook 2003 SP3 from anywhere today. I've been to the free wireless at Panera Bread and I've tried a home network here which is using AOL. I even changed the ouotgoing server address to <smtp.aol.com> while at the local home using AOL from <smtp.charter.net> which I use at my home location and at Panera Bread. (I also tried <mail.charter.net> which is what Charter suggested, and that didn't work either.>)...

Attachment Icons not printing with printed e-mail
I am working with Windows 98, Microslft Outlook 2000. When I send an e-mail with an attachment i.e. Word or Excel, in the past I have gone into my Sent folder, called up the e-mail and printed it, and the icons of the attachments I sent with that e-mail would print also. Suddenly it has stopped doing that. I had this problem before, but it "went away" Does anyone know setting I can use to fix this if there is one, or what's going on? Thanks! I think the format of the message has to be plain text in order for the attachment icons to print. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP -...

unable to print E-mail
I am running outlook 2003 and I keep getting an error when I try to print any e-mail from outlook. If i save the e- mail to my docs and then print from there everything is okay. And that error would be...??? Also describe your method of printing as you can do it in many many ways. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Dave G" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3bcd01c4ac33$688235d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... >I am ...

Unable to unload driver in Win 7
Hi All, I am getting this error in Win 7 but not in Vista and and not in XP: "Windows cannot load the device driver because a previous instance of the device driver is still in memory. (Code 38)" I am hoping that the experts in this group could give me a few tips on: Is there any obvious flaw that is noticeable from my description? Is there any special handling that needs to be done for Win 7? How to reproduce it: When my USB device is plugged into the system, my kernel driver is loaded correctly, but when the device is removed and the re-plugged back into the syst...

Changing default pst #2
About a week ago I posted asking how make my wife's pst the default when I open Outlook. (My PDA syncs, I thought, with the default pst.) I received some ideas but changing the default did not work. Now I have a question. When I click on mine ('husband'), right-click, I see 'Properties for Outlook Today.' When I right-click my wife's ('wife.pst'), I see 'Properties for wife.pst.' Any easy way to attach my wife's pst to 'Outlook today' and make mine the 'husband.pst?' old guy <jlunis@charter.net> wrote: > About a ...

Missing Leading zero when importing in excel
I have exported item list as a csv (as well as tab delimited) but when I import it to excel I loose leading zeros in my item lookup codes. Is there a way to avoid this, thx. Change the properties of that field to "Text" in Excel. Kinnard L. Kohler Business Machines Systems 6101 South Shackleford Road Little Rock, AR 72204-8606 (T) 501-375-8380 (F) 501-375-0043 (Cell) 501-412-5686 Email: kinnard@bmsar.com "MOI" wrote: > I have exported item list as a csv (as well as tab delimited) but when I > import it to excel I loose leading zeros in my item lookup codes. Is...

Exchange 2003 unable to schedule past Dec 31st
We are having an issue with Exchange where if you schedule a meeting then add an attendee, then scroll to the right out to Jan 1st 2006. All attendees availablity shows diagonal lines ( no information ). Before you think this is an issue with the Outlook setting of how far out to publish the free/busy information we already looked at that and it defaults to 2 months, which should take us to Jan 23rd but it's not working that way. thanks for any and all input. On 23 Nov 2005 09:27:40 -0800, chad.wasinger@gmail.com wrote: >We are having an issue with Exchange where if you schedule a m...

Text import
Hi I have a text file which I import into Access table using transfertext method. everything is okay except few date columns are in ddmmyyyy format In some of the columns I have a date in the follwoing format ddmmmyyyy (i.e 13Oct2007) - without any slash or hyphen. How can I get this in proper data format 10/13/2008 (mm/dd/yyyy) either at the time of importing or after importing get this proper date in a different column. Aslo, I have some dollar amount columns and signage (negative or positve) is given in a separate column. So all the dollar amounts are abosolute value. Based on the...

Error: "Unable to send the message ... 0x800CCC78"
No info in MS KnowledgeBase about this error message summarized in Subject Line in MS Outlook 2003 I am getting when trying to send an outbound e-mail message. Comcast.net does not know why I keep getting. I can receive inbound e-mail just fine. All e-mail account settings verified and re-verified. Any ideas? Thanks. John Hoffmann Does the outgoing SMTP server require authentication? If so you need to check the box in tools - email accounts - change/view - more settings - outgoing server Suzanne, Good idea but, unfortunately, we've tried that as well. JHH >-----Origina...

Organizing .pst files
Does anyone know how to set Outlook to organize the files non-alphabetically? I want to have the folders that I use most at the top, and have other folders further down the list, however, Outlook won't let me organize all of the folders in any way other than alphabetically. You might want to read Microsoft Article 198469. I had to go this way to rename my Folders and keep the ones I like on top. Hope this helps Wes >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone know how to set Outlook to organize the files >non-alphabetically? I want to have the folders that I use ...

All messages with attachments are blocked
I installed Exchange 2003 and everything seems to be okay. Messages flow through the organization and messages that do not have attachments can come from the outside. Any messages from the outside with attachments are blocked and the receiver gets the error message the the message exceeded the size limit. Please help. I have set the properties of the incoming and outgoing to unlimited in the SMTP virtual server. Karen On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 09:44:25 -0500, "Karen Killinger-Humes" <khumes@velocity.net> wrote: >I installed Exchange 2003 and everything seems to be ...

Can't import OE6 account information into Outlook
I've got a whole load of mail in my OE6 box and am trying to migrate it to Outlook 2002. All the messages etc have come through, but the account information for all the email addresses I have is not being done. If I manually try to Import via Import -> Internet Mail & Account Settings, I get "No Internet Accounts were found to Import". Help appreciated. do you have more than one identity in OE? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] http://www.poremsky.com - http://www.cdolive.com Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Expert Zone http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/ex...

pst backup
If there is a way to automate pst file backup and log the successfull completion of the backup (maybe by sending an E-mail to administrator) Microsoft add on just remind about the backup and you have to manually click the button to start the backup. Some people recommend to use xcopy. I have a feeling that at some point I will get access violation (even though when Outlook is closed) Thank you You should be able to set the interval, using the addin, and automate the process. Or; http://www.handybackup.com/index.html http://www.avantrix.com/ David "ot" <ottdt@yahoo.com> ...

cannot view attachment in outlook express 6
I can't view any attachment on outlook express 6 like word or .doc attachment and all picture formats like gif, jpeg, etc. Please help me on what to do. I've already done what my friend told me which is to installed my Office XP products but still nothing seems to work fine: "I still cannot view any attachmnet files!!!" Will somebody out there can help me...Please. :( In article <OIKpHlevDHA.1908@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, jonathan_estabillo@msn.com says... |I can't view any attachment on outlook express 6 like word or .doc |attachment and all picture formats like g...

PST Password
I forgot mailbox.pst password. Can anyone help me out? any third party tool is available to recover the password? Regards, MS There is a free utility called "PST19UPG.exe". One place to find it is: http://www.securiteam.com/tools/6G00B1F0AS.html "This utility was originally designed to upgrade the PST format to version 19. One of its side effects, however, is that it can strip out the PST password. This can therefore be used to recover passwords you may have forgotten on your PST files. This is a rather advanced tool. If you have any questions or problems, write back. NOTE...

Import Budgets from an Excel file
I got an Excel file from the financial department and they asked me to upload it into GP (8.0). In GP, I used Cards -> Financial -> Budgets -> Excel -> Import and got an error message, "The number of periods for the budget does not match the number of columns in Excel. Impot will not be able to complete." The columns in the Excel file are "Account", "2nd Segment", "Description", "Beginning Balance", "Period1", "Period2", "Period3", "Period4", "Period5", "Period6", &qu...

not able to import the data from SQL
I am using SQL server 2000 .I have created database in it.I am having lots of records in it.I want to start using MRMS .I want to import the data from MY SQL Server Database to MRMS compliant database. Is it possible .if yes then how.Pls. suggest us ASAP Vishal Gupta wrote: > I am using SQL server 2000 .I have created database in it.I am having lots of > records in it.I want to start using MRMS .I want to import the data from MY > SQL Server Database to MRMS compliant database. > Is it possible .if yes then how.Pls. suggest us ASAP Hi Vishal.. if you know SQL command.. you ne...

Problem opening Publisher attachments
We have a strange problem with a user running XP Pro, Outlook 2003 and Publisher 2003... He can open Publisher 2003 & 2002 email attachments from within Outlook. He can't open Publisher 2000 & 98 email attachments - Publisher produces an error report to send to MS. He has to save them to the hard drive, then open them by double-clicking or by opening in Publisher. Can anyone please help? -- Regards, John jkane@camozzi.co.uk Correct operation. -- "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there!" ...

Outlook 2003 Backup.PST
Hello: I'm using Outlook 2003 on my laptop as well as my desktop, I have tried to backup my contacts folder on my laptop by using the file, import/export etc. and then I tried to import it onto my laptop but for some reason it will not import all my contacts. I have numerous categories set up if that makes any difference - all are added to the master categories list. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, Terry ...

Look at this important package
--shomfgfthuwqxtbw Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="bublemlox"; type="multipart/alternative" --bublemlox Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="sirkubqqlions" --sirkubqqlions Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help maintain the security of your computer from these...

Unable to view Property Details on a Query
Service Pack 2 was loaded onto our computer systems and it has taken away the visibility of the property details on a query. Would anybody know about viewing them without having to right click and actually going into the object properties? We want them to show under the Date Created and Date Modified under the Navigation pane. It is not an Option for us to remove Service Pack 2. Hi Jenn, If you right-click on the "All Access Objects" label, and then select View By > Details, I think you will see the missing properties again. Note: It is always best to includ...

Outlook needs to dump attachments to a PC folder
Hi All, I am an absolute newbie to Outlook programming who has been entrusted with the task of figuring out how to get Outlook to dump attachments to emails sent in by certain users to a specified folder on the PC without having to do it manually. I could not get Rules Wizard to do this. Any pointers on how to go about this is really appreciated. Thanks, Rahul ...

Quicken to Money import
I just bought Money 2005 this weekend, and have been trying to import my data from Quicken 2003. I follow the directions exactly, and the import report does not indicate any errors, but I find that after I import my data from Quicken, the category information is missing from many of the transactions. Does anyone know what the problem could be? Thanks In microsoft.public.money, Roger wrote: >I just bought Money 2005 this weekend, and have been trying to import my data >from Quicken 2003. I follow the directions exactly, and the import report >does not indicate any errors, b...

how to unblock received attachments
we are unable to open attahments on our computer in outlook. How do we change our setup to allow all attahments to be available to open? "Frostygirl" wrote: > we are unable to open attahments on our computer in outlook. How do we change > our setup to allow all attahments to be available to open? I had a similar problem. My message seemed related to security. While in Outlook open Tool, then Options, then the Security tab. Under the virus protection section uncheck "Do not allow attachments to be saved or opened that could potentially be a virus". That...

"Merging" .pst files
Hi I have just purchased a new PC running Windows 7 and have installed Office 2007. This will replace an old XP PC with, amongst other things, several years of emails on it (also Outlook 2007). And as the new PC has been used for a few days, there are already a handful of email messages in Outlook. I am confident enough to copy the .pst file from the old PC and put it on the new PC, but if I use File \ Open \ Outlook Data File to open the copied data file I will end up with two "Personal Folders" entries in the Navigation pane - the old, copied one and the new one. W...