Two Computers on the same network using the one email address!

Hi,

I have two networked computers sharing one email address. I have outlook
2007 and the other computer has Outlook 2003.

Is there a way that both computers can share the one email address with out
all mail going to one or other computer??

I'd appreciate any suggestions as mail is getting lost and mixed up.

Thanks
--
Val

Assuming a POP3 account;
Configure your account settings to leave a copy on the server. For details
see;
http://www.msoutlook.info/question/160

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have two networked computers sharing one email address. I have outlook
> 2007 and the other computer has Outlook 2003.
>
> Is there a way that both computers can share the one email address with
> out
> all mail going to one or other computer??
>
> I'd appreciate any suggestions as mail is getting lost and mixed up.
>
> Thanks
> --
> Val

0
Roady
5/10/2010 12:52:26 PM
If you have an Exchange mailbox, this is a non-issue. If you have a POP3
account, configure it to leave a copy on the server.

Outlook 2003: http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/outlook/HA011507931033.aspx
Outlook 2007:
To leave messages on the server, you will:

  a.. Open the Advanced settings window for your mail account
  b.. Check the "Leave a copy of messages on the server" checkbox

--

Kathleen Orland

"Val" <Val@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have two networked computers sharing one email address. I have outlook
> 2007 and the other computer has Outlook 2003.
>
> Is there a way that both computers can share the one email address with
out
> all mail going to one or other computer??
>
> I'd appreciate any suggestions as mail is getting lost and mixed up.
>
> Thanks
> --
> Val

0