Trying to configure two exchange accounts with Office 2007 and Exc

Hi,

A few months ago at work we switched servers. We sent from the Exchange 2003
to 2007 and all computers had to be re-added to the domain.

While we've had some problems here and there, there is one I have yet to
solve.

We have a computer running Vista, I think 32-bit, that we to configure two
exchange accounts on. We use Office 2007 Enterprise edition. And while I can
get both accounts working within the same view in Outlook 2007, I can't get
them configured like I had before.

One account is my own personal bus account and the other is a shared account.

The original problem was that when I sent from the shared account it would
say "My Name" on behalf of "Name of Shared Acc" and I just want it to say
from "shared acc".

AND

I no longer have the account button I did before when sending out new
messages. Its a button situated underneath the send button that allows me to
send from whichever account I want to without going through the entire Global
Address List.

I had this problem when we'd set the personal business account up and then
placed the shared acc within it.

I set the profile up again and set the shared acc up and then place the
personal business account within it, and now it says from "shared acc"
instead of "my name" on behalf of "shared acc". I forgot to check out what my
personal bus account "from" looks like now, but as far as I know that issue
has been resolved.

What can I do to get the account button back under send? If it matters, I've
also had problems in Word where I'm not able to edit or highlight certain
things. And when the "create new" document box pops up, the template has a
yellow question mark over it (which I think is macro enabled normal document
or something).

I initially deleted the settings within the registry for Word which resolved
the issue. I've done this twice because the issue came back again. After the
3rd time, I uninstall/reinstall the entire Office Enterprise suite and
nothing changed really. Initially the word issue popped back up and then I
started messing around with the templates (changing nothing as far as i know)
and it started working all of a sudden. Don't know why. The issue with
Outlook remains.

I've had the issue since the end of September so I'd really appreciated if
someone would help me.

Monique

Exchange 2003 #28
If accidently deleted an user's account with mailbox. After re-create the user account, how to recover the user mailbox? ...

Money 2006 troubles present in 2007 ?
I purchased Money 2006 a year or so ago, but abandoned it over 401k issues. I have not used any kind of money manager since then (bad me), and am ready to take another swing at it, so trying to decide between upgrading Money or giving Quickbooks a try. As I recall it could not reconcile all line item types from my 401k manager (Hewitt). I remember this being a generalized issue, with lots of poeple complaining about the same thing. Has this been addressed in Money 2007 ? Anyone still having trouble with 401k downloads into Money 2007 ? Are there any other pervasive issues that are wait...

Problems with hyperlinks in Word 2007
I am having problems with hyperlinks in Word - they show as a complete text string incl. something about javascript. This occurred after my last update from Microsoft. I have tried to search in the various settings without any luck - I need the hyperlinks to show as only regular text and not codes etc. Anybody out there who can help me so I do not miss any text in Word? Press Alt+F9 to hide field codes. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Mette S-K" <Mette S-K@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1788018D-30B3-4005-82BF-0DD03CB383EB@micros...

Exchange Rights Issue
Somehow my brand new installation of Exchange 2003 has misstated AD rights, when I launch Exchange System Manager I get a window "Exchange System Manager; Facility win32; ID NO: c0070005 ; Exchange System Manager". It will not open. I get a similar error when opening AD Users and Computers MMC snapin. I am logged in as "administrator" on the domain and it appears to have proper rights. Is there some way to fix this??? Brian Hatchell bhatchell@netsolutionsinc.com Does this apply? 323915 XADM: "c0070005" Error Message If You Try to Access a Tab in Exch...

Trouble opening Word 2007 for Windows files with equations on my Word 2008 for Mac
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I use Word 2008 for Mac but when I try to open a Word 2007 for Windows file from a student with equations, all the equations are nonsensical. Any hints? FWIW, not being familiar with this area of Mac Word, when I try to open a Word 2007 document containing a Word 2007 equation (not the older type of equations) I see a dialog box that says that Word 2007 equations are not supported in Word 2008, that the equations will be preserved so that they will be visible if re-opened in Word 2007, but will "displ...

User Accounts
Help, We have setup several new users in active directory, with the create mailbox option selected. The tabs for the user are available in users and computers but do not have any data in them. We are running W2K and Exchange 2000. Inside of exchange, the mailbox's still have not appeared. It has been over 24 hours. Does anyone have any ideas on why? Thank you, Greg mailboxes will not appear in "mailbox resources" until they have received a piece of email or have been logged onto...is that what you mean? ""Greg Howard"" <noc@ciinc.com> wrote i...

Two Exchange Server 2003 and OWA
I have two Exchange Server 2003 in two different sites: A and B (but same Windows 2003 domain). I have 30 users in site A and 15 users in site B. It's OK. My OWA is accessed externally through Exchange site A (http://mail.siteA.com/exchange). It's OK. I can access the site A users accounts but I can't access the site B users accounts. My question: Can I just use site A OWA to access the accounts of the site A users and site B users? How can I configure that? Or I need create another access (http://mail2.siteB.com/exchange) to site B users accounts? Thanks ! Vaine ...

Unable to see custom Ad-Ins ribbon tab in Excel 2007 + Windows 7
Worked fine in Excel 2007 on XP. This ad in file just links to several frequently used macros. It has been enabled via Excel Options/Ad-Ins, the location of the .xla file is trusted and I get no errors when it is opened. Macro security is set to notify and disable, but I do not get that message when opening the .xla. Is there some setting I am missing when dealing with Windows 7 and macros / VB? ...

exchange server &sql server
can setup exchange server and sql server on one computer? On Wed, 3 Mar 2004 05:05:52 -0800, "koshi" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >can setup exchange server and sql server on one computer? yes...of course you can ...

Exchange Server 2003: Moving Database to another directory
I am using Exchange Server 2003 on a SBS 2003 platform. How do I move the database files (MDBDATA directory) from disk c: to another disk (d:). Thanks for your help. Dan Kimhi Hi Dan You can open the properties of the Mailbox Stores via Exchange System Manager, and then goto the Database tab, and select a new location for the EDB and STM files. This will not move the Exchange Transaction Log files, and they should be kept on a completely seperate drive to the EDB and STM -- Mark Fugatt Microsoft Limited This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers ...

Cant install Office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel HELP!!! I have just got Office:mac 2008 and have received a message on screen after double clicking saying "There is no default application to specified to open the document "Office Installer". What can I do? Replied to elsewhere - please don't post the same issue multiple times. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 8/15/08 4:38 AM, in article 59b56f87.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "thehappyhammer@officeformac.com" <thehappyhammer@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 ...

Two vesions on same computer
Can Excel 03 and 07 be installed on the same computer? I am using Project Server 03 and Office 07. A Project Server 03 desktop function needs Excel 03 installed. -- Matt in Flower Mound Texas Matt, Yes, they can. Install them into different folders. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "Matt Piazza, PMP" <MattPiazzaPMP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:473A10E6-A998-41BA-A3CC-E01D3CEE47EC@microsoft.com... > Can Excel 03 and 07 be installed on the same computer? > > I am using Project Server 03 and Office 07. A Project Server 03 desktop > function need...

Text boxes, pouring into --Publisher 2007
I am copying text from Word 2007 and putting it in Publisher 2007. I have created text boxes on the pages I want the overflow to flow into, but when I link and pour, text boxes are created within the text box I have. These text boxes are very wide and not very high. How can I get Publisher to pour into the text box I want without it creating new ones? Follow-up. This link below links to a guy who was trying to do what I do NOT want Publisher to do. In that thread, everyone said he couldn't do it. "Linda" wrote: > I am copying text from Word 2007 and puttin...

Crystal Reports Logon Error & Exchange Connector
Hi I just installed CRM Server 1.2 - Everything seems to work fine except two things First, I get "Crystal Reports Logon Error, Please verify that you have enough Crystal licenses." when I try to access any of the reports. This error only happens on certain machines! If I try to access this from a desktop (WinXP Pro) on the LAN, I can access the service. On one laptop, I get this error. The other laptop seemed to work fine, until today, when it started giving me the same error! Any ideas!?! The second error... I installed MS-Exchange Email connector. It installed successfully [ie....

Use of SSL with Exchange 2003 webmail...
Are there any reasons why you would keep regular access to webmail open and not force people to use SSL? -Dewser Not if you are interested in security at all :-) -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Dewser" <triban@dewser.com> wrote in message news:1107184644.642571.172450@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Are there any reasons why you would keep regular access to webmail open > and not force people to use SSL? > > -Dewser > No. ====== P.S. I pretend to get a special prize for the shortest answer in this newsgroup :) "Dewser" <triban@dewser.c...

Exchange 2003
Hello. I am running Exchange 2003 and all of a sudden, all emails my users send to Hotmail are piling up in the queue. Not sure what is going on here. We can send emails to every other domain. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance for your help. Roger Settle rsettle@klfinancialgroup.com Can you manually telnet to Hotmail's MX record IP address on port 25? -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links, and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Roger Settle" <rsettle@klfinancialgroup.com(DO NOT SPAM)> wrote in message news:72700E7F-A7E1-4725-B1B4-2...

Configuring Exchange SBS to use smart host
I've been having a hard time emailing a few domains from my network and one of the remote domains admins told me that they don't accept mail from private organizations hosting their own email and that I should use my ISP's smtp server. 2 questions: 1. How does the remote domain know that I'm a private company hosting my own email? 2. How do I configure to use a smart host (I have the fqdn of the smtp server) with the use of a username and password for outbound? (I suppose I use the same credentials that I used like when we used a pop client). thanks. Hi .. 1) Have no...

Out of Office Assistant #32
The "Out of Office Assistant" selection does not appear in the proper place (Tools>Options>) and is nowhere to be found. How do I add this feature or select from another location? I am using Outlook 2002. Outlook: Out of Office Assistant is Missing from Tools Menu The information in this article applies to: Microsoft Outlook 2000 Microsoft Outlook 97 Microsoft Outlook 98 Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5 You must be in an exchange server environment and not using Outlook for internet mail for Out of office to work. This article was previously published under Q238280 IMPOR...

New free mail add-in for Excel/Outlook 2007-2010
Posted to more then one newsgroup FYI Today I upload a new version of my Excel Mail add-in for Outlook. If you want to test it you can find it here http://www.rondebruin.nl/mail/add-in.htm Let me know if you have problems -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm ...

Online Backup Problem of Exchange 2003
Dear All, We are facing problem for taking an online backup of Exchange 2003 through NTBackup. Below is the error we are getting when backuping exchange: The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Error returned from an ESE function call (d). ' from a call to 'HrESEBackupRead()' additional data '-'The 'Microsoft Information Store' returned 'Error returned from an ESE function call (d). ' from a call to 'HrESEBackupRead()' additional data '-' The operation was ended. As per the below link that state that if upgrade the excha...

Anti-SPAM with Exchange 2003 : best solution ?
Hello, I have a SMTP server with ESAFE (that is my MX for my domain) and an exchange 2003 Server that recive my emails after an anti-spam traitement by Esafe (from Alladin). But Esafe doesn't have the SPF control and i would liek to use it as soon as Exchange 2003 SP2 is out (good idea ?) I would like so to make the same thing with a front server with Exchange 2003 SP2 (to replace Esafe server) to fight the SPAM (with SPF and IMF). For IMF, Could we add words control for define if an email is a spam or not ? For my antivirus (symantec Mail security), will it be working if i install ...

2007 Access Reports
I just moved up to 2007 from 2003. How do you get rid of the calculated fields that appeared on my reports?? ...

POP3 Accounts
Morning! I hope someone can help me with this problem. I have just changed PCs and have imported my POP3 account settings for OE from the old PC. Despite me having entered the password and checked the remember password box on the account options screen, each time I connect to collect e-mail I am prompted to re-enter the password. As I have about 6 POP3 accounts this is a real pain! Has anyone got a solution or do you think the data was corrupted during the import and that it is best to manually set up each of the POP3 accounts on the new PC? TIA Steve ...

Problem with Outlook 2007 and RSS feeds from Firefox 2.0.0.12
I can not get this to work correctly. In IE 7 if I click on an RSS feed icon, IE will ask if I want to subscribe to the feed and if I do it adds the feed to the Outlook bar (just like Outlook 2007's directions say it should work). Using the same technique in Firefox, Outlook shows me the HTML behind the feed OR in the case of any RSS from the NY Times - it comes up as a page not found error. If I do a copy/paste into the account setup tab for RSS in Outlook I can make this work but I don't understand why there is such a hassle to get this done in Firefox EXPECIALLY when Firefox asks ...

free space on outlook account
Hello ! i have outlook 2003, with exchange server. I know i can go in my account properties to get the amount of space taken by my folders. but is it possible to get the info without goiing there and in percentage ? i would like to have a button, when i click, it would say "Inbox = 25% free space, Sent items = 60% free space" is it possible ? maybe with vba ? thanks Tiah Not that I am aware of, but you would be better served asking this in a group for Outlook programming if you are thinking of a programmed solution. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to t...