true location of NormalEmail.dotm???

hi,

i have 2 computers- one has the NormalEmail.dotm in the template folder, the
other one has two NormalEmails.dotm: one in the template folder and
anotherone in the programm\office12 folder.
The NormalEmail.dotm in the program folder save designs, buildingBlocks  etc.
The NormalEmail.dotm in the templates folder only save BuilindingBlocks.

My question: which ist the "real" NormalEmail.dotm ??

thanks for help
Susan

The one in the Templates folder.
The one in the Program Files folder might have been used by your
IT-department when deploying Office.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Susanne Mohn" <SusanneMohn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> hi,
>
> i have 2 computers- one has the NormalEmail.dotm in the template folder,
> the
> other one has two NormalEmails.dotm: one in the template folder and
> anotherone in the programm\office12 folder.
> The NormalEmail.dotm in the program folder save designs, buildingBlocks
> etc.
> The NormalEmail.dotm in the templates folder only save BuilindingBlocks.
>
> My question: which ist the "real" NormalEmail.dotm ??
>
> thanks for help
> Susan

0
Roady
11/18/2009 11:00:32 AM
hi,

but outlook still uses the NormalEmail.dotm in the folder program\office12
when one is there....

confusing...

Susan

> but outlook still uses the NormalEmail.dotm in the folder program\office12
> when one is there....

How do you know that?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
11/18/2009 2:44:40 PM
Susanne Mohn wrote:

> but outlook still uses the NormalEmail.dotm in the folder program\office12
> when one is there....

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826839
0
VanguardLH
11/18/2009 2:59:34 PM
I know that, because I connect the NormalEmail.dotm in the different folders
with different designs (color & font).

My Outlook on the laptop - that with the Normalemail.dotm takes the dotm
form the Programs folder and not from the templates folders.

And another goog thing: Its very easy  to  store Building Blocks in it: make
a connection to the Word /Startup folder. this is not possibel with the
normalemail.dotm in the templates folder.

sorry about my bad english

Susan

"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> "Susanne Mohn" <SusanneMohn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>
> > but outlook still uses the NormalEmail.dotm in the folder program\office12
> > when one is there....
>
> How do you know that?
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>
> .

If you remove it from the Program Files folder, then it will use your
Templates folder. The system is explained in the KB article VanguardLH
provided;

> I know that, because I connect the NormalEmail.dotm in the different
> folders
> with different designs (color & font).
>

> My Outlook on the laptop - that with the Normalemail.dotm takes the dotm
> form the Programs folder and not from the templates folders.
>
> And another goog thing: Its very easy  to  store Building Blocks in it:
> make
> a connection to the Word /Startup folder. this is not possibel with the
> normalemail.dotm in the templates folder.
>
> sorry about my bad english
>
> Susan
>
> "Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
>
>> "Susanne Mohn" <SusanneMohn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>
>> > but outlook still uses the NormalEmail.dotm in the folder
>> > program\office12
>> > when one is there....
>>
>> How do you know that?
>> --
>> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>>
>> .

0
Roady
11/18/2009 3:57:20 PM
hi

and its still the same in Word and outlook 2007?

Susan

"VanguardLH" wrote:

> Susanne Mohn wrote:
>
> > but outlook still uses the NormalEmail.dotm in the folder program\office12
> > when one is there....
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826839
> .

Yes, I think your findings confirmed that as well ;-)

--

> hi
>
> and its still the same in Word and outlook 2007?
>
> Susan
>
> "VanguardLH" wrote:
>
>> Susanne Mohn wrote:
>>
>> > but outlook still uses the NormalEmail.dotm in the folder
>> > program\office12
>> > when one is there....
>>
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/826839
>> .

0
Roady

Show file location in title bar?
Is there a way to make Excel or Word show the location of a file in the title bar. Right now, it just shows the name of the file. I was thinking in 2003, it showed the file location, or perhaps there was an option to show it? I can't find the same thing in 2007 and it would be extremely helpfull to have it! I use template files with the same name (for easy searching) but save in different client folders, which is why I want it to display the full path. Otherwise, I wouldn't care. Thanks!! I hope I am wrong but I don't think there is a setting for that. Yo...

Location of files
Hi There Apart from managing the files via Tools --> File Centre in POS 2009 is there any way we could locate them via explorer? Also one feature in RMS was that we could share all files from one location on share drive for multiple registers or managers... Is this still possible in POS 2009. Any comments will be appreciated. -- Cheers Topi POS 2009 stores all those files in the database so to answer your question no you can not view the files via WinExplorer. Having said that because the files are store in the database the files will automatically be shared with all registers ...

Help me find a circular reference cells located in unknown multita
When I open my xls file (2003) I keep getting a circular reference error message. I can't find the cell among the numerous sheets. ? Also I found it once & checked it using the precedents button & it looked alright but I keep getting the error. Is the circular reference error message always always right ? You may want to try Stephen Bullen's utility: http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm Look for FindCirc.zip John7100 wrote: > > When I open my xls file (2003) I keep getting a circular reference error > message. > I can't find the cell a...

true location of NormalEmail.dotm???
hi, i have 2 computers- one has the NormalEmail.dotm in the template folder, the other one has two NormalEmails.dotm: one in the template folder and anotherone in the programm\office12 folder. The NormalEmail.dotm in the program folder save designs, buildingBlocks etc. The NormalEmail.dotm in the templates folder only save BuilindingBlocks. My question: which ist the "real" NormalEmail.dotm ?? thanks for help Susan The one in the Templates folder. The one in the Program Files folder might have been used by your IT-department when deploying Office. -- R...

Default file locations #2
How do you change the default location when you create a new message then insert a file? I am always directed to my documents. thanks John See the following. http://www.slipstick.com/config/attachfolder.htm >-----Original Message----- >How do you change the default location when you create a >new message then insert a file? I am always directed to >my documents. > >thanks > >John >. > ...

location of product key after instullation?
for office 2007 - trying to locate 25 - character product key whihc wasn't located / recdorded after original down loading? If you purchased it from Digital River (Microsoft's supplier), it's in the email they sent you when you purchased it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "Sheets" <Sheets@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E21E43D2-989C-4895-8491-5536CBF7FB66@microsoft.com... > for office 2007 - trying to locate 25 - character product key whihc wasn&#...

Auto-filter by cursor location
Hi All I use auto-filter a lot on very long spreadsheets. I would like to know if it's possible to somehow filter quickly by the value in the cell that is the current cursor location. So, say the current cell has HELLO in it. At the moment I move my pointer to the drop down arrow, click, enter 'h' to position approximately, page down, down, down till I get close, then select HELLO. This probably doesn't seem like much, but using only the keyboard (e.g. when the laptop is on my lap) it's rather tedious. Since I do this a lot, I'd love to find a shortcut that says: &quo...

Accessing same .mdb from multiple locations
Hi there, Brief synopsis of my situation: I've got several linked SQL tables in an MS Access db with a form input screen. Can I expect problems when opening this db to input data from multiple locations simultaneously? Thanks in advance... Fox, Yes. The recommended approach is to have a separate copy of the Access frontend file for each user. If all of the multiple locations are within a LAN, then an installation of the frontend on each workstation PC is probably ideal. Otherwise, if the users are accessing the application remotely, then a separate copy for each user on the ...

can't change default file location #2
When I click "open file", Excel always open "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\PROOF". I have changed the "Tools-Options-General-Default file location" to "My Documents" but still no effect. Please help. Did you exit Excel before trying again? >-----Original Message----- >When I click "open file", Excel always open "C:\Program >Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\PROOF". I have >changed the "Tools-Options-General-Default file location" >to "My Documents" but still no effect. ...

Outlook.pst location chnge in Outlook 2000
How do I change the location of my outlook.pst and related .pst files say I want to store them on my D drive instaed of C:\Documents and Settings\Harsh Sharma\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook Thanks If you cut and paste your current file to the new location, then go to Control Panel > Mail, find the profile you are currently using, select 'Show Profile' or equivalent, select the profile you're using, click 'properties', select 'Data files' or equivalent, click 'Add', click 'ok', then find your copied file in the new lo...

where is the excel template located?
Where is the default excel (office 2003) template located? I suspect I have somehow modified mine. I have a problem exporting a report from MYOB into excel in that the date appears in the US format for the first 56 rows, and then the Australian format for the remaining rows. I have all settings as far as I can see in the computer set to Australian format. Even when I try and change the date format to Australian on the first 57 rows the display will not change to Australian format. I have tried clearing all formats and reformatting it but it still will not change (in these first 57 row...

Transfers between locations and lots
You should be able to transfer items from locations and specific lots and be able to specify the quantity to transfer. To do this using lots right now, you must do 2 transactions. One to take it out of the first location and lot and the other to receive it into the new location and lot. This should be able to be done in one transaction and would also be easier to trace when product is transfered from one location to another. Also, any lot attributes assigned and the specific cost assigned to the product originally received into the first lot should transfer automatically as well. -...

i want to input data into a range from a simple input location 03-05-10
I am building a matrix 48X48 and rather than going to that tab and locating the location i want to have a tab as an input page to type in one of the "Y" and an "X" and type in the number i want at that location. Front end of a Data base type input - Y location _____ X location _____ Data to input _____ Enter data Tab Add the following macro to a button: Sub MatrixFill() With ActiveSheet ActiveWorkbook.Sheets("table2").Range("A1:AV48").Cells(.Range("A1"), .Range("A2")) = .Range("A3") End With ...

XSL File Location
I am trying to modify someone else's XML code and I am having problems. They hard-coded the location of an xslt file in a database and I want to make the file a part of the project. How do I reference the project file in xslt.run(string PathName) without it looking in c:\windows\system32 directory for the file? -- Thanks, Harry Hi Harry, Do you mean that you need to transform an Xml file with a certain Xsl file? The XslTransform.Transform method can accept a string as the xslt file or use the XmlResolver. Please check the following link for more information. http://msdn.microso...

USB 2.0 drive for temporary defragmentation location?
Hi, Does anyone have experience of using an USB 2.0 external harddisk to store the temporary file when defragmenting Exchange database? I have a giant EDB file and don't have the free space required to run the eseutil. Adding an internal harddisk is not possible. Thanks! Andriani On Fri, 08 Apr 2005 15:20:32 +0400, Andriani Sandra <andriani.sandra@not.a.real.email.address.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Does anyone have experience of using an USB 2.0 external harddisk to >store the temporary file when defragmenting Exchange database? > >I have a giant EDB file and don...

How locate a file attached to a Contact? (v3.0)
I opened up a Contact record, click on the paperclip button and successfully attached a file. Now I can not find the file that was attached. Where will I find it? I looked everywhere I could think it should be. The help documentation and newsgroup did not address it. Please advise. Thanks. Click on the notes tab... ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "KNELSON-SCI" <KNELSONSCI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ADA282D8-F7C8-4CA9-BFC1-0D5B86B41EBB@microsoft.com... >I opened up a Contac...

locating global address list thru excels email icon
When attempting to email from within Excel 2000 I do not have access to my contacts or global address list. How do I find them? Joan, So when you go to File-->Send To-->Mail Recipient and you click on "TO" there's no list? Make sure that you've got the Outlook Address Book installed and configured properly. katherine "Joan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:073b01c3a9fe$d8f2bd40$a001280a@phx.gbl... > When attempting to email from within Excel 2000 I do not > have access to my contacts or global address list. How &g...

HELP !!!! Locating Outlook address book
Anyone, We just upgraded from Windows 98 to XP Professional, a change spurred on by a virus that made my Microsoft Office products inaccessible. I'm trying to set our email up. On 98, I used Outlook, and we also ran Outlook Express for my kids. We're all going to switch to Outlook Express now. I'd like to import the old Outlook address book into the current Outlook Express. I've got this conglomeration of files saved from our old hard drive, and don't see anything with an extension of .WAB. It could've been corrupted by whatever damage was inflicted by ...

Location Issues
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3341044023_631757 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit One of the ways I backup Entourage is to copy the current identity to an external archive drive. I have just discovered that I may be copying the wrong identity. I went to the Entourage 2008 Identities folder, and there I found 3 identities�the one that existed at the time of importing it from 2004, a rebuilt identity, and a backu...

True false function for alpha data
Row # Column1 Column2 Outcome 1 80E 80E TRUE 2 999 80E FLASE 3 80E 80E TRUE 4 CB1 80E FALSE 5 80E 80E TRUE 6 999 80E FALSE 7 999 C76 FALSE I'm trying to write a formula that gives me a true/false outcome for the above data and the results would be where the outcome is located (completed manualy) Enter into C1: =A1=B1 and copy down. Regards, Bernd In C1 enter: =(A1=B1) and copy down -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200908 "R Y" wrote: > Row # Column1 Column2 Outcome > 1 80E 80E TRUE > 2 999 80E FLASE > 3 80E 80E TRUE > ...

How do I count something that has two fields that must be true
I am working to count items in a spreed sheet that has several fields on it. I want to count how many items have an item number of "4016" and a price of "100". Both fields must equal true for it to count them. Thank you, Charles =SUMPRODUCT(--(B2:B100=4016),--(C2:C100=100)) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Charles" <Charles@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EC3C74A7-BAB7-4F98-853B-F495C12B33F8@microsoft.com... > I am working to count items in a spreed sheet that has several fields on it. >...

W2003: find cursor location in table coordinates (table/row/column
I've been asked to extract data from an existing form that I didn't set up, and the format is less than ideal. To minimize my cycles of testing, it would be much easier to place my cursor in a sample document, and then debug.print the cursor location as table coordinates so I can hardcode the 'cells' that I need to extract. There are about 15 tables total, and I'll have to extract content from most of them. I played around with the range.parent object but couldn't figure out how to return the table info. I also googled, but no joy. Any suggestions...

Check printing to multiple locations
I have a client that prints checks and wants the to do one check run, but have the checks print at several locations. They have fields on the employee that designate which location the check should print to. In there previous system, they could sort by the location, print to one location, then choose the next location printer.... They would not have to have multiple batches, and multiple build, calculate, posts etc. Suggestions? You will need to perform multiple runs like they did on their old system. If you can set it up to do one run per location, you could then use Named Printers...

File location for backup (.xlk??)
hello my first question is what does the file extension .xlk mean, and is it functionally different than an xls (if my xls gets deleted, can I simply transition to the xlk without a problem) Secondly, when saving a backup copy of a file (SaveAs-Tools-Options-Always Create Backup), does it have to be stored in the same folder as the original, or can you re-map the file location for the backup - The dillema being if the folder inadvertantly gets deleted, I do not want both the original and backup to be deleted. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Embedded chart location address
Hello, Is there a VBA way to return the Range address of an embedded chart. location on the sheet? I mean by that the location of the chart as an object itself and not of its series Thanks Avi The chart object is like a shape object and basically floats above the sheet. You can get the Top and Left properties of the ChartObject, which will give you an anchor point, in points, but I don't believe you will get an address in terms of a cell reference. "avi" <aviben@bezeqint.net.il> wrote in message news:77f2bc80-81b6-4ff9-a6e5-d373eb2c026e@b2g2000yq...