Troubleshoot Rules Processing

I use 2007 now.  I thought I remembered there was a way to troubleshoot a
rule if it didn't work.  I am using a phrase from the body of the message.  I
am not new to rules as I have a lot of them but running just this one rule
does not move any messages to the desired folder.  Is there a way to step by
step walk through a rule?  Thanks!
--
DrDOS

"DrDOS" <dcal53@comcast.net> wrote in message

>I use 2007 now.  I thought I remembered there was a way to troubleshoot a
> rule if it didn't work.  I am using a phrase from the body of the message.
> am not new to rules as I have a lot of them but running just this one rule
> does not move any messages to the desired folder.  Is there a way to step by
> step walk through a rule?  Thanks!

Unfortunately you can't do that with Outlook.  Does the rule work if you
choose "Run rules now"?  What is the exact text of the rule?  Give an example
(don't make one up artificially, use cut/paste) of a message that you believe
should trigger the rule but doesn't?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

need a rule to filter attechment of 1byte
hola: my problem is easy, a need to create a rule to filter all emails that comes w/ attachment of 1kb. Easy Any help thanks ivan ...

About protected memory in COM(in-process)
Hello! For several years ago an in-process COM dll was deleloped using ATL/C++/MFC This in-process COM DLL was initially used from VB6 and it has worked ever since then and still works today without any kind of problem. It has never ever been any kind of problems with this COM dll. For about 7 month ago a C# asp.net webb application was deloped where this in-process COM DLL was used. When this C# asp.net webb was finished and put into test where the COM dll was called error began to appear. Not every time but far too often. It wasn't reliable. The errors that appear was the protected mem...

Outlook rules and opening emails with attachments issue
Hello MS Outlook Gurus, I will really appreciate someone's help. I have 2 issues with my outlook that I cannot resolve. I run MS Outlook 2000 SP-3 on XP Pro SP 2 in the Windows domain environment with Exchange 2000 Server. 1. Outlook seems to work fine, somewhat slow but fine, as long as don't open any emails with attachments, big or small doesn't really matter. As soon as I open an email with an attachment it freezes and its status changes to "Not responding" in the Task Manager. Could you please tell me how I can troubleshoot this problem? What can cause this kind of...

WLM creates multiple copies of itself in the processes
..0.8089I have WLM version 2009 (build 14.0.8089.0726) and when I load up WLM it will create a copy of itself in the processes. However, when I close WLM the version in the processes wil not close. So if I open WLM 5 times, then I will wind up with 5 copies of WLM in my processes. Can anyone help? "TADDY" <TADDY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2479CC8B-485E-4016-B364-DF9D250BDCED@microsoft.com... > .0.8089I have WLM version 2009 (build 14.0.8089.0726) and when I load up > WLM it will create a copy of itself in the processes. However, when I...

Rules #60
Hi I am using Outlook 2007 and I am trying to set up a rule to reply to a certain email with a specific word. From – email With specific word Reply using template But it’s not working – is there an auto script out there or a different rule to use? Thank you in advance Cordell Cordell;117621 Wrote: > Hi > I am using Outlook 2007 and I am trying to set up a rule to reply to a > certain email with a specific word. > > From – email > With specific word > Reply using template > > But it’s not working – is there an auto script out there or a > dif...

BODMAS rule
Hi, Can enyone tel me what the BODMAS rule is in Excel? Exam question and I cant find it in any books. Thanks Ant Ant, Searching Google for BODMAS revealed that it's a mnemonic for precedence of operators (the order of operations, like multiply, add, etc.). http://www.easymaths.com/What_on_earth_is_Bodmas.htm There's also Please Excuse My Dear Aunt Sally, to wit: Parentheses Exponentiation Multiplication Division Addition Subtraction Earl Kiosterud mvpearl omitthisword at verizon period net ------------------------------------------- "Ant" <ant.snell@virgin.net...

Rules for forwarding???
I have been asked by my boss he would like internal Exchange 2003 email addresses automatically forwarded to his secretary's email because he is very busy. I tried to setup a client rule with Outlook 2003 but did not work. I was trying to cacth sender's internal email addresses as a wild card ie *@domain.local and then forward to internal recipient. Is there a way to achieve this using server side rule? And if so where do I start? (links please) Basically I need to create a filter for all his incoming email, check that the email is from the internal company domain and on that...

Rule Based on Attachment File Name
How does one right a rule that moves a file based on a specific file attachment name, i.e. "alert.txt"? outlook does not support rules based on attachment names. you could try using a rule for header contains and enter the file name. ...

Apply Rule 01-11-05
Hi. I want to now if is possible to deactivate an rule just for an specifies entity. Ex: I have an accont "XPTO" and i have apply some rule manual, but now i want to remove that rule just for account "XPTO". Is this possible? Thank for your help. Instead of deactivating the rule for a certain account, you could modify the rule logic to do nothing if the account name is XPTO HTH "Rita Resende" <Rita Resende@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7007A73F-343B-4707-B20C-18CA9CB12EB5@microsoft.com... > Hi. > > I want to now if is p...

Rules #23
i have tried creating a rule so that all sending emails will move (not a copy) to specific folder. It always move a copy and leave it in the specific folder as a unread email and leave an other in the sent folder. Any suggestions Try adding "stop processing more rules" to the end of each rule, to ensure that only one rule will act on any particular message. If multiple rules act on one message, copies are sometimes created. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the mess...

Mark folders read with a rule
Hi, When I send selected messages I move a copy, via rules, to appropiate folders so I can find them later. But the messages show up in the folders "unread." Ok, I'm anal, but I have to go to each folder several times a week, right-click, mark all as read. Is there a way to use a rule to mark selected folders as read after a send? Or do you have any other suggestions? Appreciate you help. Marti Aloha Marti, Right-click the folder and choose "Mark all as read". If you look at your Move a Copy rule, though, I think you can also set one of the actions to mark ...

rule to forward message without attachment
Hi there I use an Exchange server-based rule to send a copy of all incoming messages to my mobile phone's email account, which works perfectly. I use messages received on the phone for notification purposes, rather than to edit and send (sometimes quite large) attachments. I only have 10MB storage on my phone account, and I am hoping that I can forward messages to the phone without attachments. Is this possible? Best regards Loane you'll need a 3rd party utility. http://www.slipstick.com/addins/pager.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 i...

Creating a process as the local user from a program in the system account?
Assuming that I have an executable that runs in the system context (for example started from AT without /interactive). How would I go about starting a program for the current, logged in user? - Anders G Have you looked at CreateProcessAsUser, maybe that one can help. /Niklas "Anders Gustafsson" <dalNOton@peSPAMdago.fi> wrote in message news:VA.00000066.00b3d048@pespamdago.fi... > Assuming that I have an executable that runs in the system context (for > example started from AT without /interactive). How would I go about > starting a program for the current, logg...

Re: Workflow rule: Assigning activity to a queue
Anyone ? "Sigurdur Hilmarsson" <sigurdur.hilmarsson@nyherji.is> wrote in message news:... > Hi, > I have a workflow process for cases and would like to assign several > different tasks to a queue that need to complete within the case. > You can manually assign task activity to a queue but in a workflow rule > using the workflow manager it is only possible to assign a task activity to > Logical User or User. Is there any way to do this for me? > > Regards, > SH > > > ...

outlook rules #14
I need to find the clean sweep tool so that I can fix my rules in outlook. Can anyone guide me to the right location. The CleanSweep tool may be obtained from the Microsoft BackOffice Resource Kit, Part Two. Can I get this from the internet somewhere. Thank you. ...

Run rules on Server level(not outlook rules wizard, but exchange)
Hello, I need to add a BCC recipient for all mail sent from a particular "user@domain.com" email account. For example, user@domain.com sends an email. to john@doe.com (only). Once it gets to exchange I need the MS exchange to BCC that same exact email to review@domain.com How can I do this. I need the MS Exchange server to see that user@domain.com has sent a message and have it automatically add a BCC to the email. PLEASE HELP! This is really important and I need a solution. thank you On 3 Nov 2005 09:19:17 -0800, "stoppal" <stoppal@hotmail.com> wrote: >...

Rules #2
how can i copy my rules to someone else's mailbox? ...

How to read Item from Public Folder and process it DIRECTLY.
I would like to process item in Public Folder DIRECTLY. I would like to know how to read out that because of that. MAPIFolder.Save(or SaveAs) method is not the way I having made purpose. Again, I would like to read out item and process it DIRECTLY. regard. Hello, if you use WebDAV, you can read the contents of the mail into a MemoryStream class or similar and process it directly. Best regards, Henning Krause "gata" <gata@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B78A75D-D8F3-476B-A2C8-982A99549E81@microsoft.com... >I would like to process item in Public Folde...

Rules in error #3
Outlook 2002 client is receiving Rules in error - Server requested Client Action MoveCopy, Unable to create dest msg. We have removed all client rules, recreated her mail and network profile and the error persists. We have reset her Outlook registry, upgraded to Office XP SP2, and W2K SP4 and it still occurs....any ideas ...

Rules wizard for exchange server?
I would like to set up all email sent to a particular email address to another email address (my coworker just got a blackberry and I am not spending $$2,999.00 on Blackberry Enterprise Server for one user!!) In the past I was able to set up a "rule" for email filtering on my own client PC and then the server would ask me if I wanted to update the rules on the server itself. This in not happening since I rebuilt the server after our crash of death 2 weeks ago. any idea what setting i have missed if any? Any information you can provide would be greatly appreciated. CMM. Just...

rule for inbox
Hello, is it possible to set the following rule in my inbox? If a mails enters my inbox, forward that mail to another folder if: - the sender is found in my "contacts" - and that contact belongs to the category "personal" Version outlook: Microsoft Outlook 2002 - SP2 (included in office XP?) thank you ...

Rule and redirect
Creating a new rule, start from blank, check msgs when they arrive, apply after ... On this machine only ... Redirect to ... I get the red circle with "cannot combine server-only actions with client-only conditions or actions. I am trying to forward mail from Outlook 2003 on my office computer (Exchange) to another computer without involving Exchange on that destination computer. I would welcome suggestions. Thanks. -- Darrell Darrell wrote: > Creating a new rule, start from blank, check msgs when they arrive, apply > after ... > On this machine only ......

Outlook Rules Problem #5
I am running XP Pro with Office 2003 Pro. I have an Outlook rule which essentially says that if certain words are in the subject and the sender is not in my address book, mark it as read and move it to the deleted folder. The rule does not always work and I find it in the junk folder as unread. If I manually run the rule then it moves the appropriate emails to deleted folder and marks it as read. I have Outlook junk setting at high. I am guessing that Outlook junk setting it getting applied before my rule is getting applied. Does anyone know how to make sure my rules are applied? ...

Redirect rule problem
Some of my users want to have their mail sent to their personal accounts (private) instead of reading them on Exchange. For that they have set a rule (server side rule) that will apply to _any_ email coming in, redirect it to their personal email, delete the message and stop processing rules. Now, there is a problem with that. The information on the Cc: header is not present after the redirect, hence a reply all will not contain the recipients it should. Is there a way to fix that or is it just an Exchange limitation? Running Exchange Enterprise 2003, Outlook 2002/2003. Cheers, -- David ...

rules wizard not available #2
Outlook 2002 (xp) ; Win2k When I click on my rules wizard menu option, I get the following message: "The command is not available. see documentation for usage of the extension" (or something similar) This used to work fine in win2k. I had rules setup and they worked. About 3 months ago, I had to move my 'outlook.pst' file onto a Win XP hard drive. I kept it there for about a month and then moved it back to the original location on the Win2K drive. I think that is when the Rules wizard quit working. Any ideas??? Thanks in advance!! Is there anything listed in Disab...