Transfer Calendar, Folder List, Contacts, Rules, etc

Win2K
O2K SP3
Outlook2K
I had to create a new user/profile for myself on the same PC. The previous
user/profile is still accessible.
How can I transfer my Outlook settings, i.e. Calendar, Contacts, Folder
Lists, Rules and others to 'the new' user?

Copy over the pst-file and reconnect to it via;
File-> Open-> Personal Data File...

Also see;
http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Johann Swart" <JohannSwart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Win2K
> O2K SP3
> Outlook2K
> I had to create a new user/profile for myself on the same PC. The previous
> user/profile is still accessible.
> How can I transfer my Outlook settings, i.e. Calendar, Contacts, Folder
> Lists, Rules and others to 'the new' user?

0
Roady
2/13/2010 8:08:03 PM
Much obliged Roady!

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> Copy over the pst-file and reconnect to it via;
> File-> Open-> Personal Data File...
>
> Also see;
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>
> -----
>
> "Johann Swart" <JohannSwart@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Win2K
> > O2K SP3
> > Outlook2K
> > I had to create a new user/profile for myself on the same PC. The previous
> > user/profile is still accessible.
> > How can I transfer my Outlook settings, i.e. Calendar, Contacts, Folder
> > Lists, Rules and others to 'the new' user?

Updating 2004 FI list
Does anyone know how to update Money 2004's Financial Institution list? When I check to see if my FI is online and supported, it is. When I check the Money 2004 list, it is not there. Any solutions? Thank you, any help would be great. -- Thanks, Andrew ...

How do you copy contacts into an email?
Hello all. Outlook 2000 with all necessary service packs and updates. I want to be able to copy a list of 30 contacts into the body of an email. I have to send emails every now and then with the names of these individuals listed in the body of the email. I already know how to export contacts into an excel spreadsheet. However, Outlook 2k does not give you the choice to export into Word. When I export into excel and I copy more than one name at a time they show up in the email with the gridlines wrapped around the names from the excel spreadsheet. I have removed the gridlines from the...

emailing Outlook contact files
Help, Why am I unable to export my contacts & then attach the ..pst file in an email? I want to use my 97 Outlook contacts on my 200 Outlook on my home machine. Thanks! Export the contacts. then shut down Outlook and reopen. Then try sending the .pst file home. Also, make sure the file size is acceptable to your ISP who usually put a limit of 2-5 mbs for attachments. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Greg <greg@mrcifoundation.info> asked: | Help, | | Why am...

Deleted Distribution List
Hi , LONG time Outlook user here..and I'm stumped ! I accidentally deleted a Distribution list from my Outlook 2007 contacts this afternoon. Immediately , I tried EDIT >UNDO , but it was greyed out. I searched Deleted Items in Mail ( thinking all deleted Outlook items ended up there ) and I couldn't find it. I searched Personal Folders as well ..but still no joy. I ended up recreating it , but the question remains , ..." Where did it go ?? " ( in case I do it again..) Many Thanks Next time it happens simply restore it from your backup. What, yo...

Programmatically listing Relationships of ADP file
I'm fairly new to access and would like to get a listing of the relationships in the ADP file. How would I go about doing that programmatically? I haven't the first idea of where to start. I did find something that said to loop through the relationships collection, but I can't seem to find it. FWIW, I'm fairly fluent in Excel VBA. Thanks, Barb Reinhardt On Tue, 23 Mar 2010 12:30:01 -0700, Barb Reinhardt <BarbReinhardt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: A good start would be to open a VBA window, click the Help button, and look for Relationships...

Publisher 07 Default Folder
I have Publisher 2007, how do I set the startup folder to something other than "MyDocuments"? I edited the properties and set the "Start-in Directory" to the desired one, but when I launch Publisher and attempt to open a file, it goes right back to "MyDocuments" Thanks Charliec ****************************************************** Charliec Change the name of the My Documents folder Do the following in these 2007 Microsoft Office system programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, or Access Click the Microsoft Office Button, and then click Save As. InfoPath, Project, Pub...

printing outlook contacts
only "table style" available when printing outlook 2000 sp- 3 (9.0.0.6627) contacts, any attempt to change either "page setup" or "define styles" crashes (blue screen) ibm thinkpad t23 ...

alphabetical list
ok...I have complied a list of my DVD collection and what I am trying to do is alphabatize the list. What problem I have when doing it is when I click sort button it always groups words like "A" and "The". I want it to ignore those words and focus on the word after "A" or "The" Create a helper column and add this formula to it =SUBSTITUTE(SUBSTITUTE(A20,"The ",""),"A ","") Then sort both columns by the helper column -- HTH Bob Phillips "Ronnie" <Ronnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

There is not enough space on the Exchange Server to store all of your rules.
Here is the problem we are having. We have been doing a server upgrade for a domain. The new and old servers are running Windows NT 4.0 and Microsoft Exchange Server 5.5. The Exchange Server was installed on the old PDC, but according to government standards, it must be located on the new BDC. We used the ExMerge utility to backup all user mailboxes (approximately 130) to a workstation. We then restored the mailboxes to the new BDC where they belonged. All users are able to access their old mail, and all of their old folders. Unfortunately, when some users try to activate the ru...

Sent Messages not being saved in sent folder
Hi. When I send a message, Outlook is no longer saving it in the sent folder. It was doing this until about a month ago. It does not matter if this is a new message or a reply to an old message. Anyone have any suggestions on how to correct this? Thanks Mike ...

Creating forwarding rule in Exchange
Exchange 2003 SP2 If I have user fee@domain.com receiving email at address fee@domain.com, is it possible to create a rule in Exchange that does this: All emails from user@outsidedomain.com that go to fee@domain.com should be forwarded to foo@domain.com If it is possible, and I do not have a domain user named foo, would I have to create one or simply create a contact in order for the mailbox to be created? 1. You need some recipient to have the email address fee@domain.com 2. No native facility to selectively forward mail from a particular smtp address only. You could either do it usi...

Automating transfer of data in cells
I have a time management spreadsheet with data stored against work type and date. I need to transfer this data into a similar but more comprehensive spreadsheet and wonder whether it is possible to automate this task by using the work types and dates in a macro (I have almost 10 months of data to transfer), along the lines of check date, check worktype, where argument is true enter data from cell. I think I need to use visual basic, but I can't find out how in the help screens. Any advice is much appreciated. This is not difficult providing you keep your data in simple tables...

Editing Contact Information
Does anyone know if there's an easier way to edit contact information? I can't seem to cut and paste text if I need to update or edit someone's email address or other contact information. This a basic function but it doesn't seem to work on Live .. Is this a defect in the system or am I'm missing something? Thank you There are two steps before you can edit: click Edit Contact click one of the categories under Summary You will probably want to click Contact. -- Ron Sommer MS MVP- Windows Live Mail "Editing Contact Information" wrote in ...

Palm V Sync w/ Business Contact Manager
Has anyone been able to get their Palm device to sync with Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager. Intellisync does not support this yet. You answered your own question. Once intellisync supports this, then = you should be able to set your preferred .pst file. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Jim <jfjordan@prodigy.net> asked: | Has anyone been able to get their Palm device to sync | with Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manager. |=20 | Intellisync does...

Importing Contact DL's into DL's on the GAL
Hi Everyone I'm trying to find out how to import distribution lists located in Contacts in an exchange mailbox into exchange so that they are available for everyone on the GAL There are about 1000 DL's so it is not possible to do this one-by-one. The DL's contain Display name and smtp address as members. Please - suggestions :D Thanks Regards Brendon In news:0725098A-95ED-4E7B-8103-62ED2784C3C3@microsoft.com, Brendon B <BrendonB@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi Everyone > > I'm trying to find out how to import distribution lists located in > Co...

CROSS-POST (also on General)
Hi, when I right-click in the folder list to create a new sub- folder I get an error: >>>> ERROR MSG >>>> Outlook can't read the registry information - Close and restart Outlook - Reinstall Outlook - Reinstall Microsoft Exchange or other e-mail system <<<< END <<<<< we have tried everything, including re-install of Office 2000. We have run this on Windows 2000 Professional.... please help if you have an answer thanks Philip When this error occurred on a Win XP machine (running Outlook 2002), I did a System Restore to fix it. If ...

New to mac...how do you make a calendar?
Hi, I am a teacher and have previously made my parent volunteer calendars with my pc on Publisher....how do I create similar calendars on a mac? Thanks! Hello Melissa, Publisher is PC-only. Would Entourage's Project Center be suitable? See http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/entourage2004/using.aspx?pid=usingento urage2004&type=howto&article=/mac/library/how_to_articles/office2004/en_proj ectcenter.xml See also "Print a custom calendar in Entourage" http://www.microsoft.com/mac/products/entourage2004/using.aspx?pid=usingento urage2004&type=howto&article=/m...

Difference Between Contacts and Address Book
I'm just trying to start to use Outlook (MS Small Bus 2007 w/ Outlook and Bus. Contact Mgr) for email and have a number of Contacts setup in different Categories. WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE IN USING "Contacts" VERSUS USING THE ADDRESS BOOK??? -- CFL Joe There is no address book in Outlook. What you think is an address book is simply a view of the electronic addresses contained in your Contacts Folder. Explain why you are confused and what you question is. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "CFLJoe" <CFLJoe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06ED2E...

IMAP sent items rule bug (post SP2)
I recently updated outlook 2002 to SP2 and was using the newly fixed rule bug applying to sent items on an IMAP account. I realized that this rule will ONLY work IF the account is set as default. Is there a fix for this issue? I notice that this rule does not encounter the same problem in outlook 2003. ...

Transfer Email address?
I have a user, say user1, with email setup in exchange 2003, as user1@domain.com I now want to delete user1, but keep his email and assign it to user2, so user2's email will be user1@domain.com (will not have a user2@domain.com email) How do I go about doing this?? Change User1@email,com to something else, like User1234@email.com Add user1@email.com address to user2 as an SMTP address. Make it default. Delete user1 account when ready.... "James" <fake@email.com> wrote in message news:uhtkSuMBGHA.2512@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I have a user, say user1, with...

2003 calendar free/busy times
New to 2003 so please bear with me - in 5.5 you had to replicate from site to site the free busy time so someone in another site when sending a meeting notice could check to see if the time was available. I can't seem to find out how this is done in 2003 - how do you publish from one administrative groups servers to another the calendar info? TIA Nancy Stevens NStevens@tycoint.com in the ESM, go to your AG, then "Folders", then "Public Folders"...right-click, and select "View System Folders"...under "Schedule+ Free Busy", select the appropr...

Setting up own block list (e2k3)
hello all, tried to create my own block list for exchange 2003 but i got an error. using telnet on port 25 ##### 220 xion.hybrid.intra Microsoft ESMTP MAIL Service, Version: 6.0.3790.0 ready ... helo 250 xion.hybrid.intra Hello [192.168.0.2] mail from:spam@spam.com 250 2.1.0 spam@spam.com....Sender OK rcpt to:support 421 4.1.0 Dropping connection due to an error on this server Connection to host lost. ##### everything runs fine when i disable my connection filtering rule. someone an idea ? tia ...

Algorithm to combine identical items in a list
I have a rather large worksheet that contains a list of all items in a warehouse inventory. I would like to be able to combine duplicate items as new inventory is added. Each item has (among other fields) an item ID, a color and a condition. I would like to combine only the lines where all of these fields are identical, summing the quantities in each record, and recalculating the cost based on the cost field in each record. Currently, I do this by starting at the top of the list and comparing each record to all of the records below it to the end of the list. This is rather time-cons...

can I add a link in Publisher to display, "join our email list"?
I am creating a fairly simply website and need to add a button for visitors to join our email list. Is this possible in Publisher? Please post your question in the web group and we will try to help you there: news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign or http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.publisher.webdesign&lang=en&cr=US Always include the version of Publisher you are using, the URL of your site and as much detail as possible. DavidF "mfreecox" <mfreecox@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

Create rule to run script
I have a vb script that when run takes the attachment on an e-mail and places it in a folder. Is there any way to setup a rule in outlook that when an e-mail is received from a certain person or address, to automatically run this script to place the attachment in the specified folder? Thanks in advance what version? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outl...