The system cannot find the file specified

This message is displayed when I try to open most attachments.

Try this: http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/securetemp.htm

If that doesn't help you, please post back.

"Peter Leathem" <PeterLeathem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> This message is displayed when I try to open most attachments.

0
Kathleen

How to Filter cells and save the file with certain criteria?
Hello. I have a Excel file that contains a large list of Tracking Numbers. The tracking numbers are from two sets of order types- Internet orders and Mail Orders. Orders that are from the Internet are matched up with a order number such as "5678". Orders from the mail-order side are designated by initials "MO". So in Excel it'll look something like this: trackingnumber orderid 123365656666 5467 152155896345 5468 123365634567 MO 152134567789 5469 152151234563 MO Is there a way to eliminate the Mail-Order rows and save the Excel file to ...

file send to as attachment outlook 2007
When using in word or excel command "send a copy of the document in an e-mail message as an attachment", outlook creats a new e-mail message with the document attached as it should be done. Then I add text in message body, and send the mail. It arrives only with the attachment. The text in message body disappears. This happens only if I work in outlook chache mode. My os is winXp Pro, and my server is SBS 2003. It used to work correct, until somthing happened. Any idea to solve? Thank you Zipi ...

developing a tracking System for office activities
We have a timeline chart which we follow in our office for keeping track of our office's chief tasks. For example, it may have in January, clear past year's bills, in February get ready for taxes and so on. The whole office staff has the same chart, but different people are responsible for the tasks(someone for taxes, someone else for paying last year's bills and so on). We need a mechanism so that we can track what activities have completed, when and by whom, what are the remaining tasks for that month and year? Can that be done with the Calendar in Outlook 2007 where we have ...

If I accidently replace a saved file can I retrieve the old file?
No. PLEASE write your question in the body of the post and NOT just the subject. Have a look here: http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm -- Gordon Burgess-Parker Interim Systems and Management Accounting www.gbpcomputing.co.uk "kamabiv" <kamabiv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A547F5D-AA2C-44D7-AEC7-8961A81AC4E5@microsoft.com... > ...

Best Practises setup with AD or File Server
Hi, We have a scenario where we are retiring out dedicated backup server. Currently we are using Symantec Backup Exec 11d. However, instead of replacing the dedicated server, their is a suggestion that I use existing servers for Backup Exec Are their known issues installing backup exec on a DC which also holds FSMO roles (PDC etc)? The other option is to install backup exec (and tape drive) on a file server which hosts the H and S drives. what do you think? I would use the file server. Presumably it is being accessed during the day when no backups are running. The b...

Starting with a new pst file
Hi, I would like to start with a blank pst file. I want to start again with no contacts, no emails, no appointments. How should I proceed to make this? Thanks for your help, Olivier Olivier Verdin <olivier.verdin@playcorporate.com> wrote: > I would like to start with a blank pst file. I want to start again > with no contacts, no emails, no appointments. Assuming Outlook 2002/2003, since you didn't think it important to mention your Outlook version, click File>New>Outlook Data File, Browse to where you want the new PST (or accept the default), give it a name ...

Intercept file download in IWebBrowser2
I have a MFC application host a webbrowser(IWebBrowser2).Basiclly ,I hope when user click a file download url(href="test.zip"),I can intercept the download message and process it by my own download component instead of IE itself. Is it possible? Any article will be help. Adv tks. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/browser/ext/overview/downloadmgr.asp "L.J.S" <bconline2002@hotmail.com> д����Ϣ����:Oc7j%23OcAFHA.612@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > I have a MFC application host a webbrowser(IWebBrowser2).Basiclly ,I > hope ...

accidently deleted file
Somehow I deleted the file MSMONEY.EXE. It seems I did prior to a restore point on my system. Is there anyway to get it back? Thanks....Inker Reinstall Money from the CD. It won't affect your data - that is kept on the *.mny file. -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money Hints/Tips http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny UK Wishes/Suggestions mnyukwsh@microsoft.com "Inker" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:072c01c3d799$f6d99a90$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Somehow I deleted the file MSMONEY.EXE. It seems I di...

how can I get a publisher file to acrobat reader
I have a Regestration Form created in publisher 2003. When a confrence addtendee signs on to our web site they need to be able to click on a file (acrobat reader) Hopfuly, and download it and print it so they can fill out the form and mail it off. (I say acobat reader because that seems to be the most common way it's done. I dont see an export in publisher or a inport to acrobat. how can i make this happen You will need a third party program to create the pdf file. Adobe Acrobat but it's spendy or a freebee i.e., Primopdf or another commercial program of modest cost, i.e., PDF-XC...

put files together
Hi all, I have in a directory "summary" some 800 files with a number for a name, like 8, 23, 44, 124, 2045 up to somewhere in the 2500's. There is no list of all those file names. Each file is a workbook with only one sheet called "ABCD". I know that the last cell used will be a cell in column H. I also know that the content of that cell will be ==== (4 to 7 times =). Column H will contain text, blanks (empty cells), numbers and other characters (like f.i. =). The number of rows used will be at least 6 and could be as much as 200 or so (25 is typical). I need ...

Hide toolbars when file opens
Hi all, I have created a file for people to use to get quotes. When the file opens, I do not want them to have access to any toolbars. How can I hide these when the file is opened, but only for this file - not any others that the user may subsequently open. All that they may need to do, is print the page out after getting a quote. Many thanks. Rob You can use this in the Thisworkbook module Rob Private Sub Workbook_Activate() Dim bar As CommandBar For Each bar In Application.CommandBars bar.Enabled = False Next End Sub Private Sub Workbook_Deactivate() Dim bar As C...

Problem with .rc files in VS 2005
I have several projects that were created with VS 2003. These are MFC based applications with .RC files that contain localized strings. Some of these strings are Japanese, Korean, and Chinese encoded in MBCS. These projects work fine in VS 2003. I converted these projects to compile with VS 2005 and if I bring up the resource editor to view or modify the string resources, VS 2005 will modify the Japanese, Korean, and Chinese strings. It will replace the characters with all "?" question marks. Is there some setting that I need to set to prevent VS from modifying my string...

Configure a shortcut file programmatically?
Under program control, I want to change the paths to point to a database on the user's local drive. From within Access, does anybody know how to do this? Are you saying you want to create a shortcut file? Take a look at my May, 2004 "Access Answers" column in Pinnacle Publication's "Smart Access". You can download the column (and sample database) for free at http://www.accessmvp.com/DJSteele/SmartAccess.html -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "David Portwood" <Mondrogan@yahoo.com> wro...

Outlook 2003 PST file issues
I created a backup.pst form Outlook 2003. I also copied the outlook.pst file onto a cd. I had to format my HD and reinstall Windows XP and Office 2003. When I try to open either of the two PST files I get an error message "The file C:\path info\backup.pst is not a personal folder file." Can anyone please help me. All of my important email data is in there. I followed the instructions on the Microsoft site for backing up the file, not it won't open. Did you remove the read only attribute these files acquired from being on a CD? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Brad&...

Adding attachments to msg-files
I have a big problem regarding editing of MSG-files. This is what I do: 1. Open a MSG-file from Windows Explorer 2. Add an attachment (i.e a Word-document) to the email. 3. Save and close the email. When I re-open the MSG-file the attachment is missing! Instead Outlook has created a copy of the email in my inbox(!), and that copy contains the attachment. This has been tested with different mail-formats (HTML, Plain Text and RTF), and with Outlook 2000 and Outlook 2003 with the same result. Can anyone explain this behavior? I would call this a bug in Outlook, since changes you believe you ar...

Cannot find MRT.log File
I've read that this is located in the windows\debug\ dir. I have searched for the file name in my entire drive and it's not there. I've been running MRT for a long time now, in its monthly updates. The MRT.exe file is located in its proper place. So as it stands the thing runs and I can't find out whether it found bad stuff or not. Can someone please tell me how to get to that log file. Thanks. On this system, the log file is \windows\debug\mrt.log. Jim <programmernovice@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7b47fa93-576e-4a85-9d8b-b0572d9ad34f@h9g2000yqa.googleg...

How do I set up a file to automatically save on exit?
I have created a file that several users will be accessing with varying computer skill level. I want to be sure that the file saves automatically when they close the file out rather than having to answer "yes" to the "Do you want to save this file?" question. Can this be done? Brian Yes, that can be done with VBA programming. The following macro will save the file whenever a close command is issued by the user, regardless of whether the file has already been saved. This is a Workbook event macro and must be placed in the workbook module. Post back an...

File Won't Open
Hi, I accidentally opened an xls file in Word, saved it with the Save command and now can't open it in Excel. Help please! -- Roadrunner ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Roadrunner's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27140 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=466566 It's gone, you might be able to open it in word and get some text info out of it but essentially it's gone :( -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Roadrunner" <Roadr...

"Shrinking"Photo File Attachments in OE6
I hope I'm in the right group for this question. I'm a relative newbie and assume it's a FAQ: In attaching photo files to an OE e-mail (basic photos uploaded from a Canon saved to My Pictures Folder) the default is to send the Photo Attachment with HUGE size (often take 15 minutes to Send with my dial-up). How do I access/attach Photo to an OE 6 e-mail but make the size far smaller but still viewable by the recipient? Sorry if I'm in the wrong Group. Any "links" to correct answer would be appreciated!!!! <Temprock@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:115524...

Error processing the downloaded file ('SMRTINET.INI')
I am getting this error during the process of using "Internet Updates". My provider info and stock quotes all come down fine but I have ceased getting any news items from Microsoft. This message has been present since 7/14/04. A search for this file on my system comes up empty. A search for any KB articles on this file comes up empty. I am really looking for some guidance of how to resolve this. Thanks. Rod, News updates have been suspended for a couple of weeks due to a corruption issue that affected MS Money. If you search back around the 8th of July, you'l...

Converting a publisher file
Hi I create a business card with publisher but I need to convert this file to either a tif or jpeg. Can anyone know of a file conversion that can do this? Thanks Depends what version you did not tell us. In Pub 2003 try Save As. -- John G Wot's Your Real Problem? "Budadm" <Budadm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:880D6399-87EE-4C2C-9C8B-E6A0B53F55E4@microsoft.com... > Hi > I create a business card with publisher but I need to convert this > file to > either a tif or jpeg. Can anyone know of a file conversion that can do > this? > ...

How ato import excel file(xls) into outlook 2002
I had an old organizer and lost it.The files that I had backed up, I was able to export as an csv file ext.In excel I was able to open and save as an xls file.How do I import this data into outlook.I'm being told to use ms excel to name the range. OR is there a better file ext that I can save info in excel to import into OL Any Help Welcome joe I was able to import with csv file format (comma separated value...

cant open excel file
Hi Guys!- I'm gonna choke on this problem. SYNOPSIS: I had a motherboard meltdown on a Windows 98 OS. It had a very vital Excel file that I miraculously recoverd to floppy before someone physically damaged the HDD. But.... the file wont open in current Excel (at the public library) saying that "abc.xls cant be accessed. The file may be read only..." I can't even open as a text file with notepad, saying"cannot open the A:\abc.xls file make sure it is in the drive" which it is and has been on other pc's. APPEAL: anyone know how to open this realuctant ...

Find and Replace
I have a database which has information about a person. One of the field is contact number which is like 123.456.7890 I want to change that contact number to 123-456-7890. I cant use find and replace function to find a "." and replace it with "-" as some other fields like email id can have "." in them and I want to replace ". " between contact numbers only. eg Punit Arekar punit.arekar@abc.com MBA Mumbai India 123.456.7890 I want to change it to Punit Arekar punit.arekar@abc.com MBA Mumbai India 123-456-7890 Can somebody help in this...

Excel prob
I have a problem here with matching 2 Excel files. Is it possible? have attached the Excel file . I want to record the SPR_Ref_No which i the xxx part in text format to another Excel file automatically wheneve the file is being saved (the sample100.xls) The other Excel file shoul record the last 3 numbers which is symbolized as xxx from th sample100.xls The other file(let's call it sample200.xls) should contain all th running numbers xxx from sample100.xls I would like a pop up message being shown to the user if she/h accidentally uses the same number and suggest the following runnin nu...