The store was last opened on a different machine?

One of our users is having some Outlook 2007 (using Exchange 2003) issues
where Outlook becomes unresponsive when it’s first opened and hangs for a few
minutes… then suddenly starts working. I am seeing the following warning in
event viewer:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost is being reconciled with the indexer for
the following reason: The store was last opened on a different machine.
The only change the user has made recently is archiving some folders to pst
files on to the network. Any idea what this warning means or what could be
causing Outlook to hang? Thanks in advance!

The messages means that two or more machines are using the .ost file.  You
can delete the .ost on said machine and it will create a new one.  This will
stop the message from happening.

"lehan" <lehan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> One of our users is having some Outlook 2007 (using Exchange 2003) issues
> where Outlook becomes unresponsive when it�?Ts first opened and hangs for
> a few
> minutes�?� then suddenly starts working. I am seeing the following warning
> in
> event viewer:
> C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application
> Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost is being reconciled with the indexer
> for
> the following reason: The store was last opened on a different machine.
> The only change the user has made recently is archiving some folders to
> pst
> files on to the network. Any idea what this warning means or what could be
> causing Outlook to hang? Thanks in advance!

0
neo

Cannot open include file
I wonder if someone could tell me why my #include is failing, no matter where I place the file 'codec.h'. #include <codec.h> fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'codec.h': No such file or directory I created a vorbis folder containing the file, but that fails also: #include <vorbis/codec.h> fatal error C1083: Cannot open include file: 'vorbis/codec.h': No such file or directory Also, could I please get a reminder as to how to use a C file inside my C++ project? Much appreciated! "Steve Russell" <srussell@removethisinnerne...

Cannot open the money program
I have been using Microsoft money for about 2 years. I got it pre-installed on my win XP Os via the Microsoft works suite 2003 that was also pre-installed for me. Now when I click to open the program, I get the following error message: "Cannot display the End User License Agreement which must be displayed and accepted before you can use the application. To display the agreement, reinstall the application" I cannot understand what has suddenly gone wrong to cause this problem. I have run the EULA fix but to no avail. Re-installing is a problem as I do not have the stand-alone money ...

The database is in an unexpected state; Microsoft Access can't open it.
This morning I encountered an unusual and scary problem. While trying to open one of our databases I recieved this error. The database is in an unexpected state; Microsoft Access can't open it. This database has been converted from a prior version of Microsoft Access by using the DAO CompactDatabase method instead of the Convert Database command on the Tools menu (Database Utilities submenu). This has left the database in a partially converted state. If you have a copy of the database in its original format, use the Convert Database command on the Tools menu (Database Utilities submenu) ...

Trigger Macro on Open Spreadsheet
How can we force a macro to execute whenever a spreadsheet is first opened? Hi do you mean the file? If yes either name your macro Auto_Open() or put your code in the workbook event Workbook_Open() -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Beckie Davis wrote: > How can we force a macro to execute whenever a spreadsheet > is first opened? ...

too many different formatting cells
I can't open an excel document because whem I try to open it says that too many different formatting cells. How to resolve this and open this document? Maybe... XL: Error Message: Too Many Different Cell Formats http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=213904 A few people have said that OpenOffice.Org has been able to open the file. Then they clean it up and save it there. Then excel can open that cleaned up version. http://www.openoffice.org, a 60-104 meg download or a CD jo wrote: > > I can't open an excel document because whem I try to open it says that too >...

Storing images in Sql database
Hi, I currently have a web server with a illustrations folder containing some 100,000 images of all types (gif/jpeg...). The folder is presenting a great management problem since it is really hard to load the entire content of that folder remotely, and it may take minutes to open that folder up. However, we've already installed a ASP.Net Handler in that folder to generate thumbnails, which enables us change the storage option if we wanted. So, the question is, would it be optimal to place all those images in a Sql 2005 Database and retrieve them using an Asp.Net Web handler when ...

Where Does Outlook Store Info? Computer Problems
Recently the power supply, motherboard, & CPU on my computer died. So I had a new motherboard, power supply, CPU and hard drive installed. The new hard drive is larger and faster than the old one. This required that Windows XP, Microsoft Office, etc, had to be installed. But before any of that was done, the technician took everything off the old hard drive and saved it into a file on the new one. All of the old data files, etc, are supposed to be there. My question, though, is how to find the address book and the saved emails that were on the old computer & put them into Outlook on the...

Big difference in performance
I wrote a class on which I perform unit-testing before integration in the main development line, the unit-testing and main dev being two separate projects. I wrote a routine which constructs a data structure in the class, which uses CArrays, vectors, and the nth_element routine from STL, with the routine being recursive. Now, in the unit-test project, the routine takes ~3-4 seconds to execute. In the main development code, it takes ~70 seconds to execute. This is measured for the routine itself (no setup or cleanup), same data as input, same computer, and both projects compiled for debug. ...

Check if Form is Open
I need to check to see if a form is open in the Onclose of another form. And if it is to requery it, if not do nothing. I did find a Function on The Access Web web site but I'm not sure how to utilize the function. Function fIsLoaded(ByVal strFormName As String) As Integer 'Returns a 0 if form is not open or a -1 if Open If SysCmd(acSysCmdGetObjectState, acForm, strFormName) <> 0 Then If Forms(strFormName).CurrentView <> 0 Then fIsLoaded = True End If End If End Function I need to run this in the OnClose of a form to see if frmHome is o...

cash drawer not opening but reciept is printing
I have installed Microsoft RMS 2.0 on Windows Vista. I had issues installing my EPSON printer TM-T88IV. It would not work when i put it as "OPOS" device but it worked when i switched it to a "Windows" Device. Now the reciept prints but the problem is that the cash drawer wont open when the reciept is printed. The cash drawer is APG VB 320-BL1616. Any ideas whats wrong with it? thanks Bad cable perhaps? Can you switch cables with another register that IS working to see if it's the cable/pin configuration? Just a thought. "Akbar Mian" wrote: > I...

I don"t office,but need Excel or some part of it to open a web pag
help me I don't won't to load all of office "cowboy" wrote: > help me I don't won't to load all of office Hi you can buy Excel as separate product. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "cowboy" <cowboy@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:5B015950-A7AC-49D0-9386-7EFFF9B9404D@microsoft.com... > help me I don't won't to load all of office Hi, When about to load office, choose custom. You can then choose when to load certain parts. You can install them when you use them the first time. The installer will ask ...

Difference between XML templates and Active Reports
Why does RMS use XML templates (for receipts and P.O.s) and for most other reports Active Reports? I realize that the XML receipts can not be changed or resorted on the preview screen, but why use not all active reports? Active reports are based on formating the results of a SQL Query - if you can work out the SQL to get the result set you want, you can create almost any report you want. The XML Templates are based on objects internal to RMS, like the current transaction for reciept printing, the active PO or Transfer request for PO prining, or a given customer for Statements. Y...

Removing last 5.5 server
We migrated from NT 4.0 and Exchange 5.5 to Win 2003 and Exchange 2003. The ADC was installed to move the mailboxes from the old server to the new one. While the new Exchange server was installed into the new AD domain it was also installed into the old Exchange 5.5 "site". In system manager we have one Administrative Group which shows both servers. If I select the properties from this group it shows the old domain and administrator account. Is this correct? Do I need to be concerned if I remove the old Exchange server? I have followed all of the other instructions from the MS...

How to remove the last separator from toolbar
Hi, I need to add/remove some buttons from the toolbar depends on user settings. But after I remove the buttons, there is a separator at the end of the toolbar. Is there any way I can remove the separator? Thanks, Lucy This might seem like a stupid question, but how are you removing a button from CToolbar? AliR. <lucyh3h@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1169232478.123890.276230@l53g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > I need to add/remove some buttons from the toolbar depends on user > settings. But after I remove the buttons, there is a separator at the > end of ...

Excel files cannot open.
my office version is office 2000 SR-1,when open it ,Only any of the files appears error message" Excel.exe has generated errors and will be closed by the windows.you will need to restart the rogram. An error log is being created."But these files is very important,please ask for help,thanks lot. "benson.chen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:052001c3d973$fffcf460$a401280a@phx.gbl: > my office version is office 2000 SR-1,when open it ,Only > any of the files appears error message" Excel.exe has > generated errors and will b...

Sort column with first and last name by last name
Hello, I have a mailing list with 10,000 names. The first cell has first an last name in the same cell. First name is listed first. Is there formula to sort and/or separate text in a cell. I would like to sort o separate the first name from the last in the cell to allow for a mai merge by name. Using Excel 2002. Thank you -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you have just first and last names separated by a space, Data>Text to Columns would be the easiest method to split into two columns. If more than that, like names with van or von or de etc. you may need a different m...

How do I open a .pub file in publisher?
A customer sent me a .pub file. I had 97 version to no avail. Bought 2003 to no avail. How can I open the unknown version in an application with internal inconsistancy. I believe the current version of Publisher, 2003 will open all previous versions of Publisher files. Publisher 2003 requires Windows 2000 or XP. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Oscar" <Oscar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2829F96-69EC-4E36-92A4-AD2A552F8101@microsoft.com... >A customer sent me a .pub file. I had 97 version to no avail. Bought 2003 >to > no avail. How can I open the...

Getting machine name when connecting to db
We have an application in Access 2000, front end/back end design,10-12 users. I want to save the dates and times they enter and exitfrom the app from their workstations in a table in the back end.How do I get the name of their workstation to save to that table? Theworkstations have names like "sales1", "sales2", "Reception", etc.Paul Fenton Add error handling as required. Place in a module and call functionwhen needed.'example by Donavon Kuhn (Donavon.Kuhn@Nextel.com)Private Const MAX_COMPUTERNAME_LENGTH As Long = 31Private Declare Function GetComputerName L...

Suddenly not able to save new or open previous files with name lengths over 45 characters
I'm using Excel 2003 if it matters ... I'm wondering if there is a known bug/issue on this. For what ever reason, when I try to save a new file (or for that matter open something done previously) with a name that has more than 45 characters or so (might be off by a couple), I get message that it can't save and then gives me a bunch of reasons (file path might not exist, might have too many characters, folder might be read only, etc). I know file exists in the folder I'm checking - I can email myself the file and open from the email so its definitely there! Any sane insight? ...

Which 'event' to run pivot chart formatting code on file open?
Greetings I have code to change my pivot chart type to a mix of line and column also to refomat colours I need to run the code so that the user sees the changes when the file is opened Ive tried the 'workbook open' event and the chart activate event but noy joy so far. (Once the file is open, manualy triggering the code works perfectly) Any ideas? Thanks I don't know why workbook_open doesn't work. You could use Application.OnTime to run your code a short time (like 2 sec) after the workbook opens. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://Peltier...

Money 2006 freeze on opening a file
I have been helping a friend of mine setup his new computer, and everything has gone fairly smoothly except for using Money. He used to use Money 2000 on a Windows 98 machine, and Money 2006 was purchased for use with the new Windows XP machine. We are running into problems periodically when opening a file. Sometimes when trying to open a file, when another is already open, Money will just freeze up. This does not happen all of the time, and it does not seem to happen with any certain file. I have searched around a bit on Microsoft's Knowledge Base but have not been able to find...

Can't open office documents from my emails until word is openned f
When I try to open a word document or excel spreadsheet that is saved as an attachement to an email, I get the message: Windows cannot find ‘c:/users/mona/appdata/local\microsoft\windows\temporary internet files\low\content.IE5\SB2EHHFL\xxx[1].xls\’ Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. If I open Word or Excel before clicking on the attachement to open it, then it works. This problem only happens when using my laptop which is running Windows Vista and office 2007. I do not have any problems with this on our desktop which is running XP and office 2003. Wo...

opening an old 1992 Word document, registry error
I tried to open a document created in 1992 but instead of opening I get a message that tells me I cannot because my registry doesn't allow it -- wrb See “Information about certain file types that are blocked after you install Office 2003 Service Pack 3” at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=938810 -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Seabee74" <Seabee74@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6ADC0871-2FB3-4880-9525-5EFE3C3AD3C5@microsoft.com... >I tried to open a document...

Using Access 2007 to open ADP files from Access 2003
I have a few ADP files created in Access 2003 that connect to a SQL Server 2000 database. They have a lot of complex forms, reports, and extensive VBA code. I just upgraded to Windows Vista and Office 2007 through MSDN, and when I open the ADP files in Access 2007, they are excruciatingly slow and sometimes seem to choke entirely when loading some forms. Does anyone else have this problem or know what to do about it? Hi Scudder, I posted a comment a few days ago noting slowness of Access 2003 and 2007 with Vista in just running queries. So far there have been no responses. Hopefull...

outlok 2000 Wont open
We are runing windows 2000, and outlook 2000. We have someone trying to open outlok and it does not open.. It starts and the outlook screen shows for a short time, then it goes away and is listed in the task manager as not responding. Any suggestions on what to try? FYI: outlook is not runnnig exchange only regular internet email. Thanks With OUtlook closed, find and rename outcmd.dat to .old. Reopen Outlook and it should be pretty snappy. >-----Original Message----- >We are runing windows 2000, and outlook 2000. > >We have someone trying to open outlok and it does n...