The store was last opened on a different machine?

One of our users is having some Outlook 2007 (using Exchange 2003) issues
where Outlook becomes unresponsive when it’s first opened and hangs for a few
minutes… then suddenly starts working. I am seeing the following warning in
event viewer:
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application
Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost is being reconciled with the indexer for
the following reason: The store was last opened on a different machine.
The only change the user has made recently is archiving some folders to pst
files on to the network. Any idea what this warning means or what could be
causing Outlook to hang? Thanks in advance!

The messages means that two or more machines are using the .ost file.  You
can delete the .ost on said machine and it will create a new one.  This will
stop the message from happening.

"lehan" <lehan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> One of our users is having some Outlook 2007 (using Exchange 2003) issues
> where Outlook becomes unresponsive when it�?Ts first opened and hangs for
> a few
> minutes�?� then suddenly starts working. I am seeing the following warning
> in
> event viewer:
> C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Local Settings\Application
> Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost is being reconciled with the indexer
> for
> the following reason: The store was last opened on a different machine.
> The only change the user has made recently is archiving some folders to
> pst
> files on to the network. Any idea what this warning means or what could be
> causing Outlook to hang? Thanks in advance!

0
neo

Migrate MS Money Plus Premium to a different computer
I would like to start using my MS Money Plus Premium on a new PC. It was installed and activated on my old PC. I don't want to pay for it a second time and would prefer to go the "uninstall from old PC, install on new PC, activate on new or move activation from old to new" somehow. Any recommendations on doing this would be appreciated. Thank you In microsoft.public.money, Sergey S <Sergey S@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to start using my MS Money Plus Premium on a new PC. It was >installed and activated on my old PC. I don't want to pay...

Outlook Express opening slowly ??
I have WinXP Pro, running Outlook Express. Whenever i open OE6 it opens to the inbox, sticks (freezes) for about 10 to 15 seconds, then opens up the Inbox mail. It works fine from there on in. What could be causing it to open this slowly, is it checking on something and how can i stop it doing whatever it's doing in this time. It never used to happen. I did put some basic filters on e-mails (junk mail etc), and i thought it was that but i have removed them (i think) and it's just the same ??? Cheers Andy ...

Excel Opens Numerous times
each time I open an excel workbook, a new session of excel opens. How do I prevent this from happening? If you're speaking of what happens when you double-click an Excel file, try having Excel re-register itself. From Start->Run enter "Excel.exe /regserver" (w/o quotes). If the installer pops up just cancel it. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP Are you sure this is the case, or could it be you're misled by each workbook having its own button on the Windows taskbar? If you're not sure, try this: from the menu, choose Toos > Options, tab View, and remove the tick from...

Open vb application from outlook shared folder.
Hi, The application I intend to built will use a shared calendar to store appointments of multiple users. It needs to have an interface custom interface to add and remove appointments according to a set of business rules. I have been considering using vb. as an interface which users start from within outlook. Prefer to use vb rather than outlook forms. Need ideas on the way to present users with options for the vb app. Was considering using a html page set to the home page of a shared folder to display buttons for different app options. The issue from this approach is starting the vb app...

Exchange 2003 transaction logs grow when opening ADO recordset
Hi all, I have an application performing an ADO select on a Exchange 2003 folder. Now this select causes the Exchange transaction log files to grow by approx. 2 MB. This does not happen if I run the application against a Exchange 2000 server. For additional informations please see my posting http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&group=microsoft.public.exchange2000.development&safe=off&selm=91b29f39.0406160045.7b87952b%40posting.google.com Now my questions is whether this could rather be a Exchange (2003) configuration issues rather than a Exchange 200...

Drop Down List / Open Report
How do I go about setting my Combo Box to open any one of my ten reports i.e.: rptCharge1.....................rptCharge10 Do I put there name in the Row Source Value [Value List] Row Source ;rptCharge1; What would have the Event OnClick Thanks for any Help....Bob On Sun, 12 Aug 2007 11:11:57 +1200, "Bob V" <rjvance@ihug.co.nz> wrote: > > >How do I go about setting my Combo Box to open any one of my ten reports >i.e.: rptCharge1.....................rptCharge10 >Do I put there name in the Row Source Value [Value List] >Row Source ;rptCharge1; >What wou...

Opening Report Manager from anything besides localhost gives error
I've never noticed this before, but if I try to go to http:\\crmserver\ReportManager I get a 403.6 error: "Forbidden: IP address of the client has been rejected". However, http:\\localhost\ReportManager works when I'm on the server. My Crystal Reports SW works fine, and once I'm in Report Manager it appears to work fine. What did i do wrong? ...

Understanding .pst folders,and how Outlook differs from OE.
Hi, I'm new to MS Outlook 2003, and am finding it difficult to understand the difference between Outlook and OE. I just want to make sure my observations are correct. OE stores email in multiple files with the .dbx extension, whereas Outlook stores email in one file, the *pst file. The disadvantage with this is with outlook you only have to backup the new files you create, i.e. if you have a client and you sort his emails by year, you only have to backup 2008, not 2007, 2006 etc. Not so with Outlook...you only have ONE file for everything..the .pst file. So you have to keep back...

Stored Procedurs for GP-8.0
Hi All, Does anyone have idea why , after fresh installation and creating company using correct way - have not received any error while installation / or Creating Company the stored procedures name start with "SVC_------------' and "zDP_SVC----------" did not copied in company's DB. if so how to copy these Stored Procedures back to the DB - I m using Great Plains 8.0 - SQL-2000 with complete finance , Purchase, inventory , Sales Order Processing and Payroll . Also can i know the numbers of strored procedues and views that creates by default using each modu...

How do I add items within the last year
=sumproduct(--(year(a1:a10)=2005),b1:b10) Adjust your range to match, but don't use the whole column. =sumproduct() likes to work with numbers. The -- converts trues and falses to 1's and 0's. Kevbro7189 wrote: -- Dave Peterson ...

open form with no data
Hi, I have a form on which i present al lot of data from a database. On the form is a comobox which i use to select the right record en present the data of this record on the form. When i open de form, de combobox is empty (which is good !) but the rest of the form is already filled with the data of a record in the database (which is not good). When i choose a record for the combobox, the form is filled with the data of that particular record (which is good). So the only problem i have is on opening the form. Is it possible to open the form without it being filled with data...

Opening Publisher Files #4
I received an email with a Publisher 2003 Flyer attached. I have Pblisher 2000 and are not able to open the file. Is it possible? If so, how? Thanks!!! While waiting for decisions from his 6 university choices, Ed sees a message from Winnie <Winnie@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > I received an email with a Publisher 2003 Flyer attached. I have > Pblisher 2000 and are not able to open the file. Is it possible? Try asking the person who sent you the file to do a File > Save As... > Publisher 2000. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ww...

Last Value in a Column when Value <> 0
Hi, can someone provide me a formula that populates a cell with the last value in a column that does not = 0? Below is an example 3 6 7 0 0 0 The goal is to populate a cell with the value of 7. I am currently using the below formula that populates the last value of a column: =INDEX('Retirement Total'!B:B,MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307,'Retirement Total'!B:B)) I do not however know how to change this to not populate the last value when it is zero. Your help is appreciated. Assuming you want the last *numeric* value that <>0. Try something like this: =LOOKUP(1E100,1/'...

Open Office and Windows 7 64-bit Compatibility
Is Open Office compatible with Windows 7 64-bit? Are there any special installation procedures one must follow, such as "run as administrator", install as Vista or Windows XP, etc.? As a long time user of Office 2000, what's the learning curve like in transitioning to Open Office? Any additional insights would be greatly appreciated. -- Thank You, Richard Open Office runs fine on Windows 7 x64. If you are an Office power user OO id probably not for you. For most people it is an excellent competitor to Microsoft Office. As it's free to try there's...

Opening a pst file with Outlook...
I sent home my contacts from outlook at work to my home here. The file is contacts.pst which is 761 KB. I went to outlook and clicked "file" "open" then "open data file" but my contacts are not showing. It brings me to a blank page. Does anyone know or have any idea where the contacts may have gone. I need these fiels ASAP as I am now working from home. If you can help please respond or call my cell at 630.532.1773 It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Shaun How did you create this PST? It's too small to contain much data. If you opened it and they...

How/where to store my encoded HTML? In DB? In XML?
We have a parent-child table set up to maintain content. When this table is updated, I do a recursive call through the data and spit out an XML file. Then, when we want to display this content, I load up the XML file, attach the XSL file to it, and do the transformation via VB.net and send it off to the browser. The problem is that much of this content is HTML. As such, I'm storing it in the database as encoded HTML. I'm confused as to when/where I should decode it. For starters, I just grabbed the raw data from the DB, spit out the XML, and then in my XSL file, added a few ...

Outlook 2007: Open email/RSS links in reading pane?
Hi all, is it possible to somehow tweak or install a third-party addin, or write my own, so that links open inside the reading pane? It will be really cool if I could read the whole RSS articles or open links others mail me without leaving Outlook. It _should_ be possible somehow... Thanks very very much in advance! Links, no. Attachments, possibly, once we get a previewer for HTML. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ ...

Error when opening certain Appointments
We just upgraded from CRM 1.2 to 3.0 and everything went smotthly except for one user, whenever we open appointments she created we get the "An error Has occured, Please contact you System Administrator" All her completed appointments are fine, phone calls e-mails all fine. Neither her nor anyone else can open those appointments but if we look into her Outlook Calendar, all the info is in there. She can make new appointments just fine, and can delete these old ones. No other users are experiancing this. Any ideas, are there log files that offer more detail to the error? ...

FYI: Open Word doc without unwanted messages
With the help of Doug Steele (thanks!) I was able to create a function to open Word docs more smoothly. Maybe it can be of use to someone else. See below for code and comments. Lars Function fOpenWordDoc(strFullPath As String) On Error GoTo Err_Handler 'Purpose: Open/BringToFront Word document without unwanted messages 'Comment: This function either opens a Word document or, ' if already opened by the user, brings it to front. ' Bringing it to front and not re-opening the Word ' document, prevents the default Word dial...

Files opening at start-up
I just got a new computer and was setting up defaults in Excel, and I mistakenly entered 'My Documents' in the Tools/Options/General field for "At startup, open all files in." So when I start Excel it tries to open EVERY file in My Domuments and I have to use Task Manager to kill it. I opened in Safe Mode to change that option, but that doesn't seem to work. (Ie, when I open Excel again in regular mode it goes back to opening every file.) Is there another way to fix this? THanks! Andrew Can you use Windows Explorer to rename that "my Documents" folder, then ...

Date Difference Calculation Between two Records
If somebody can help me , regarding calculating difference of days between to records. Ex: Record No: Date: Receipts Payments 123 01/04/2007 10000 456 10/04/2007 5000 789 20/05/2007 500 What i need is calculate date difference in two records Record No: Diff 456 9 Days 789 40 Days I need this days for interest calculation if somebody could please suggest how to calculate this date difference in query i will be very much grateful ...

Snaptshot tool
I have a version 8.00 database that I need to transfer to a Great Plains installation with a different account framework. I have exported the data in groups: Base tables, Financial, Purchasing, Third Party. When I try to import the tables I am getting errors on the GL_Account_SUM_MSTR and GL_Account_Index_MSTR tables: "An open operation on table GL_Account_SUM_MSTR has an incorrect number of keys." Followed by "Illegal address for field GL_Account_SUM_MSTR in script 'SS_Table_Import'". I created a new export that includes the base configuration ta...

Attachments don't open when opening them in OWA 2003 Public Folder
Hello, Our Exchnage 2003 and OWA working great. The only issue is when users or administrators try to open attachments that are stored in Public Folders through OWA they get "You are not authorized to view this page" HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden Does anybody know what could be the issue here and how can I fix it? Thanks. Could this be the problem? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555001/en-us Nue "Sharapov" <Sharapov@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60A8E836-3862-45B5-9BD2-F0F96F2D6EEF@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > Our Exchnage 2003 and...

How do you copy open PST files?
Does anyone know how you can copy an open PST file? You can't. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:627b01c42e52$5e5fd030$a401280a@phx.gbl... | Does anyone know how you can copy an open PST file? Milly - thanks for your response. OK, another question - is it possible to shut Outlook down via a command prompt? I.e. I'd like to setup a batch file to backup my PST files, but if I can't copy and open PST file, is it possible to shut down Outlook via a...

Office 2000 (Delay to open Files)
Greetings, I'm having a challenge on a particular computer opening any office documents. If we double click the file to open it (network or local source) it shows the hour glass for what feels like hours - it may eventually open, sometime we give up. Now, if we open the application first (i.e.: Excel) then go to File-> Open and select any file it opens immediately. I've had this problem before, the only solution I could find at the time was wipe the machine and start over. I tried a repair or re-installation of Office, no change. Windows XP SP3 Office 2000 SP3...