The Distribution List Form - can I add fields?

Is it possible to add some column headers to a Distribution List Form (now
contains only the Full Name and the Email Address (or Email 1?).

If I can add fields with the Field Chooser, it becomes much easier to use.
Can it be done, short of VBA which, like the jitterbug, seems to just plumb
evade me?

Oops; sorry; Outlook 2003, using Exchange Server, on XP.

"Jack" wrote:

> Is it possible to add some column headers to a Distribution List Form (now
> contains only the Full Name and the Email Address (or Email 1?).
>
> If I can add fields with the Field Chooser, it becomes much easier to use.
> Can it be done, short of VBA which, like the jitterbug, seems to just plumb
> evade me?
What are you trying to achieve?
Instead of using personal distribution lists, you can also consider using
categories for more flexibility. Especially when you view your contacts
grouped by category (in the Contacts folder), you can achieve the same
results in terms of quickly addressing your mails.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Jack" <Jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to add some column headers to a Distribution List Form (now
> contains only the Full Name and the Email Address (or Email 1?).
>
> If I can add fields with the Field Chooser, it becomes much easier to use.
> Can it be done, short of VBA which, like the jitterbug, seems to just
> plumb
> evade me?

0
Roady

can't access OWA using public IP
i have no problem accessing OWA using the FQDN. eg. http://mail.company.edu.my/exchange But when tried to access OWA using public IP address, eg. http://203.115.220.20/exchange , it shows "The page cannot be found". DNS server has records for both forward & reverse. Dear, what is your exact domain name? I need to check the zone configuration "Emyeu" wrote: > i have no problem accessing OWA using the FQDN. eg. > http://mail.company.edu.my/exchange > But when tried to access OWA using public IP address, eg. > http://203.115.220.20/exchange , it shows &q...

How can I enter a cell in excel with hotkey or combination off key
F2 ?? -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "theo passier" <theo passier@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8DA5E96E-8A5B-43F2-A15B-210C14A94E0F@microsoft.com... > ...

Can I use a variable for a table name in a SQL statement using VBA
I'm trying to append data from one table to another using a SQL string in VBA but the table names are always changing so I want to use variables for the table names. Any ideas? Ambushsinger - Yes, you can do this. Set up variable to hold the SQL string (e.g. strSQL), and build your code into the string. For example: strSQL = "INSERT INTO [" & strIntoTableName & "] SELECT * FROM [" & strFromTableName & "];" Debug.Print strSQL The Debug.Print statement will display the evaluated code in the immediate window if you have t...

Using a form in Excel to Filter
I would like to create a form in Excel that is similar to a form in Access. This form will hold all fields on the underlying spreadsheet and enable the user to sort using combo box dropdowns. Ideally, the form would have a button titled RUN that will take all the data the user selects in the combos and filter the underlying spreadsheet. Can this be done?? If so....you will save my life! TIA, Chris Try this Add-in http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl <ccfatzin@ibtco.com> wrote in message news:1122677766.648239.226910@z14g200...

Outlook 2002 can't send/receive
I am running Outlook 2002 SP-2 in Windows XP Pro with SP- 1. Everything was fine for a while, but it started slowing down a few weeks ago and locking up. I have autoarchive set to archive regularly amd my mail file is not big. It locked up on me a few times and I repaired. Now I get error message 0x80042109 telling me that it can not connect to my outgoing (SMTP) server. The connection settings have not changed. Is this an Outlook or ISP problem? Thanks. Have you contacted your ISP to ensure that they have not changed things on their side? Otherwise, can you send a test message...

can't connect new device to sbs 2008 r2 server
we have a sbs 2008 r2 server, we have tried to add USB ext sata enclosures, a MS wireless mouse and a kingston 8gb USB drive all prompt for a driver cd. when connected to any other windows in network no driver is required. TJM wrote: > we have a sbs 2008 r2 server, we have tried to add USB ext sata > enclosures, a MS wireless mouse and a kingston 8gb USB drive all > prompt for a driver cd. when connected to any other windows in > network no driver is required. Preseently, there is no such product as SBS 2008 *R2*. All of those devices do need a driver and if the MS...

Standardise & distribute Outlook toolbars
Hi. I want to provide the same 'look&feel' of Outlook, to all the users in my organisation. How can I customise the toolbars and then distribute them to all Outlook clients? I also don't want the users to be able to further customise them. I have tried the tools in the Office Resource Kit, but haven't found any settings that apply to toolbars. Any ideas? Using Outlook 2003 Thanks Toolbar customizations are held in a file called Outcmd.dat. So, one approach would be to set up the toolbars on one machine, then distribute the resulting file to other users. I haven't...

form appearence or view
I've created a form named '' Employee List ''. The form is suppose to appear as a dynamic form. This form is accessed from a splash screen (main menu). When I click the button on the main menu, the Employee List appears in a normal form view ; not a dynamic table view. I did change the form propreties so that the default view would be a dynamic table but it dosen't seem to work.. Any ideas ? Marc On Oct 22, 1:05 pm, macdoum <macarpent...@netscape.ca> wrote: > I've created a form named '' Employee List ''. > > The form is suppose...

Count Records on a Subform while on the Main Form.
I have a Form and Subform, I want to have a textbox on the Main Form that counts the records in the subform. I don not want to count all records, just some, based on a criteria. Is this possible? I am trying with: =Count([EventEmployee subform].[Form]![EmployeeID]) But I get and error on the text box Thanks You could use a query as the source of the field on your main form. You could also use a field in the Footer of your subform and do the calculation there. You can then reference that field on your main form. Steve "cbayardo" wrote: > I have a Form and Subform, I want ...

How do I tie a web form to an excel database #2
I have created a webpage form in word. I would like to supply the data input into the form to an excel database auomatically. Can anyone give me an example or supply me with directions? Thanks ...

Excel formula to add color filled entries
I have been trying to figure out a formula so it will add only the specified color filled entries. EX. I have a spreadsheet of 2000 lines. I want it to add the 75 lines that I have highlighted yellow. Anyone have an aswer for me? Take a look at http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html Processing Coloured Cells -- HTH RP "Fustrated in Edmonton" <Fustrated in Edmonton@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8970AF2F-B942-42CD-AF5C-3713BCEC92BC@microsoft.com... > I have been trying to figure out a formula so it will add only the specified >...

Two seperate identities
Does Outlook have "From" field similar to Outlook Express when sending mail? I want a default email address but be able to choose second address EdwardH >Does Outlook have "From" field similar to Outlook Express when sending mail? >I want a default email address but be able to choose second address What version of Outlook? The menus are different for different versions. I do what you describe all the time. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian.Tillman is the name, smiths-aerospace.com is the domain. ...

Order by on form open
Private Sub DateOfServiceLabel_Click() If Right(Me.OrderBy, 4) = "DESC" Then Me.OrderBy = "[DateOfService]" Else Me.OrderBy = "[DateOfService]" & " DESC" End If Me.OrderByOn = True Me.OrderByOn = True ------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub DoctorLabel_Click() If Right(Me.OrderBy, 4) = "DESC" Then Me.OrderBy = "[Doctor]" Else Me.OrderBy = "[Doctor]" & " DESC" End If Me.OrderByOn = True Me.OrderByOn = True I use these codes on the on click event of the label...

Cascaded Combos in an Unbound SubForm
I have created a borderless form that I can reuse in my Access Application. It contains a number of cascaded combo boxes with each subsequent combo's rowsource being set by a selection from the one above. The VBA coding allows the combos to select a foreign key when the last combo value is selected. This foreign key is passed out as an event. The problem I'm having is that, if I enter a primary key value into the parent form, any attempt to access a Combo in the subform causes a validation of the parent form's data. Since most fields require a value, this fails. Does anyone know ...

Add menu options via Developer Toolkit
Is it possible to add menu items to standard GP 9.0 menus using the Developer Toolkit? For instance, there is the following menu in GP: \Tools\Routines\Sales\ I would like to add a custom option at the bottom of this menu (below "Checklists"). Can this be done from VB.NET via the Developer Toolkit? If so, how? Thanks, Chris Chris, This question has been asked quite a number of times in this newsgroup. The answer is that Dexterity is the only application that can add to the GP menu structure. patrick developer support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with n...

Can a macro be written to launch a pre-canned e-mail?
I need to launch an e-mail quickly with as few key strokes as possible. The e-mail needs to have a pre-canned subject line, a simple pre-canned message body and, a follow up flag. I have a template but also need to set the Follow up flag each time I send it and this has proven more time consuming than is practical for this application. Can a macro be written to open the template and set the follow up flag to the current date and 1 minute forward from the current time? Most of the time the message will be sent with just that. On occasion I may need to add a word or two to the subject...

Add fields to Activities list
Hi, Does anybody know how to add fields to the Activities lists in CRM? Under System Customization there is a list of Record Types that can be modified, but Activities does not show up in the list. Am I looking in the wrong place? Michael Nope, there is no supported way to customize activities. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, > >Does anybody know how to add fields to the Activities >lists in CRM? Under System Customization there is a list >of Record Types that can be modified, but Activities does >not show up in the list. Am I looking in the wrong place? > ...

clear records on subform when go to knew record on main form
I am using the unbound combo fields on the main form (date, joblist, personnel) to populate and schedule fields in a subform when I navigate to a new record (new day) on the main form. I would like the subform records to be cleared out for the new record but remain for the day that has already been scheduled. What code and where do I put it. thanks, barb It should be automatic (no code) if your main form and subform are set up properly. Definitions that will make my explanation easier... just sub in your own names: FormMain - Your main form TableMain - The table or recordset und...

No In List Event
I am having trouble adding a record to the list. The list source is a is query called "qryCountries" on a ComboBox control. The coding is: Private Sub Country_NotInList(NewData As String, Response As Integer) Dim ctl As Control ' Return Control object that points to combo box. Set ctl = Me!Country ' Prompt user to verify they wish to add new value. If MsgBox("Value is not in list. Add it?", _ vbYesNo) = vbYes Then ' Set Response argument to indicate that data ' is being added. Response = ...

If function using a list of criteria
i am using the If function, but i wish to expand the logical test criteria. I had three names that the cell could not equal, and previously did this by using three *AND(not = to)* instructions. Now however this has expanded to over a hundred names that i want the target to not equal. short of writing out 100 more AND commands in the if function how can i achieve this? The list of names i want to exclude are in the same excel file - could i perhaps link the if function to the table? any help greatly appreciated thanks Hi Use VLOOKUP for this. See http://www.contextures.com/xlFunctions02....

Filter Combo Box Listing
I have a form with the first four fields named "FirstName", "LastName", Phone", and EmailAddress". The field "EmaiAddress" is a combo box. The row source for this CBO is a table named Email. The table Email has five fields: "EmailID (PK), "FirstName", "LastName", "FullName" (first and last name concatenated), and "EmaiAddress". When I first open the form to enter NEW information, I key in the FirstName, LastName, and Phone fields. I then tab to the fourth field called EmailAddress (the CBO). I&...

Can i import a WAB file into Outlook 97 ?
How can I import a 'wab' address file into Outlook 97? -- Gerry Mitas Ryemont Abbey, Leixlip, Co. Kildare Phone: 01 6104509 Fax:01 601 4716 Info@mitas.ie www.mitas.ie _______________ DISCLAIMER: This e-mail may contain proprietary information, and is covered by copyright. It may be legally privileged, and is for the intended recipient only. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail. You'd have to import it into Outlook Express on that same machine first, then use Outlook Express's File | Export com...

Add chart
Hi, Can anybody find what is wrong with this code? It will just make a empty chartobject. I believe the ranges are ok, it probably is some bad syntax or object reference... The code should make a chart with two series of xlColumnClustered and one serie of xlLineMarkers. Thank you /tskogstrom --------------------------------------- CODE: Sub UppdateChartCF() Dim cht As Chart Set cht = Sheet1.ChartObjects("R_CF").Chart On Error Resume Next '(if no chartobject) Sheet1.ChartObjects("R_CF").Delete On Error GoTo EndCode 'Left and Top location = named ranges With Shee...

NTBackup can't see Exchange object
I just installed a new (fresh install of OS as well) Exchange server (single node cluster) to my organization. I'm able to move mailboxes, send/receive messages from this new server. However, the problem is that NTBackup doesn't show the IS object to back up this server. I've tried BackupExec and I have the same issue (yes, I do have the BE Exchange agent). Any suggestions or ideas as to why this is happening? Running NTBackup from Exchange server or remotely from another computer? -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: exchangepedia.com/blog --...

how can i transfer data from one sheet to another without blank li
Dear All I have extracted data from a system to a sheet including blank lines between the data. Any idea of how i can transfer the data from one sheet to another without any blank lines, in order to do my job using excel functions? Thanks in advance If you mean blank rows why dont you just sort the data? In case you need to retain the order (you can use a temporary column); insert an additional column say A. Number 1,2,....till the end in cells a1,a2 ...... Sort col B. Delete the blank rows..and then sort by ColA...Remove ColA -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Manos&q...