splitting RFC 1183 digests

I subscribe to a mailing list and receive daily digests, formatted according
to RFC 1153.  How can I split a digest into its individual messages?

Thanks,
--
Kevin Rodgers
Sr. Software Engineer, IHS

"Kevin Rodgers" <KevinRodgers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>I subscribe to a mailing list and receive daily digests, formatted according
> to RFC 1153.  How can I split a digest into its individual messages?

But it's not really individual messages.  It's just one big message that looks
to your eye like it contains multiple messages because you're assigning
meaning (that doesn't exist on the mail client level) to what you see in the
message body.  Outlook has no method to do what you want.  It's conceivable
that if you save it to a file external to Outlook (text, perhaps), that
there's a tool on the Internet that can split it apart, but you'll have to
look because I don't know of any.  You could also write your own.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
12/3/2009 1:42:16 PM
"Brian Tillman [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
> But it's not really individual messages.  It's just one big message that looks
> to your eye like it contains multiple messages because you're assigning
> meaning (that doesn't exist on the mail client level) to what you see in the
> message body.

The meaning is defined by RFC 1183 (April 1990).  The whole point of a
digest is to package multiple messages into a single message for transport,
which the client then unpacks.

> Outlook has no method to do what you want.  It's conceivable
> that if you save it to a file external to Outlook (text, perhaps), that
> there's a tool on the Internet that can split it apart, but you'll have to
> look because I don't know of any.  You could also write your own.

Naturally, it's too much to expect Microsoft to support this venerable
Internet standard.

--
Kevin Rodgers
Sr. Software Engineer, IHS

http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc1153.html

--
Kevin Rodgers
Sr. Software Engineer, IHS

split/multiple categories 2006
I can't seem to split transactions anymore. I enter all the data hit done then if i go to another transaction and then go back the splits are gone. Essential Register? Downloaded transaction data? Yodlee? You haven't given us much to go on. I routinely do this in M06 Trial--in Advanced register with all transaction data entered by hand. "chip" <chip@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BA9A883B-3C37-4B31-B71E-C258E8B751CF@microsoft.com... > I can't seem to split transactions anymore. I enter all the data hit > done then if i go to an...

Split text at space
Hello Is there a simple formula to split col A data (Palm Beach in A1) to Palm in b1 and Beach in c1 With thanks John Try these... B1: =LEFT(A1,FIND(" ",A1)-1) C1: =SUBSTITUTE(A1,B1&" ","") -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Father John" <w@b.com> wrote in message news:EYS2n.919$pv.435@news-server.bigpond.net.au... > Hello > Is there a simple formula to split col A data (Palm Beach in A1) to Palm > in b1 and Beach in c1 > With thanks > John --Select the range/column needs to be changed. From me...

split a field
I have a data table which has two sets of text with a space separating them. I need to remove text left of the space and place into a new field. I'm finding the count of characters to move using InStr function, but how do I then delete and move to a new field?? dd STEP 1: BACKUP your data before attempting the following. STEP 2: BACKUP your data before attempting the following. Without a backup you cannot restore the data if this does not work the way you expect. Use an UPDATE query. UPDATE YourTable SET ExistingField = LEFT([ExistingField],Instr(1,[ExistingField]," &qu...

split large publisher for email
Using Windows XP-Media Edition and Office 2003. I am preparing a conference program that contains a lot of ads. The file has gotten too large to email to my client to proof even when I zip it with WinZip. I am wondering if I could split the larger file into smaller chunks to email as an attachment while still maintaining the page sequence of the original booklet. Any ideas??? Send it as a /PDF file. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher "BK" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OCxfDyeYHHA.3628@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Using Windows XP-Media Edi...

How do I stop 1 day tasks splitting over 2 days?
I am using Project 2003 and it has got an annoying habit of splitting most tasks with a duration of 1 day into 7 hours of work on one day and 1 hour of work the following day when you look at them within the Resource Usage view. This is mucking up my Gantt chart as the tasks effectively look as if they are 2 day tasks (although the duration cell definitely says 1 day). Any idea what is causing the problem and how do I fix it? Things to note: - The project calendar and resource calendars are definitely showing 8 hour working days (8-12 then 1-5) so that isn’t causing the probl...

Trouble With Split Form
Created new split form but when I open it the navigation bar is "grayed out" unless I physically select a row in the datasheet. Any way around this?? Thanks, James ...

Split Panes Help
Version: 2008 Don't know how to do this on a Mac, and desperately need to learn. If I create my grid of cells and columns and data, I then want to split the page below it, so that I may do another grid below it and change it's cell widths without changing the width of the cells above. Please help! What do I do? If I understand the question the only way to do so -- Mac or PC -- is to use Merged Cells. Doing so, however, introduces a whole new world of problematic behavior that is hardly worth the grief, aggravation & potential corruption of the file. Long story short, merged...

Formula Split or parenthesis problem?
Is there a way to use 1 of 2 front choices, and use the string at the end, OR do I have to completely include the string at the end, on both sides? rough example: (thanks) =IF(H9="","",IF(D9="yes", OR(AND(X<A,X<B),X<C), end parenthesis here? if d9=yes use this line, OR(AND(Y<A,Y<B),X<C, ALL WORK WITH STRING: (each anded with) OR(15 items) ...

Splitting content of cell into 2 cells
Hello, I've got Excel 2002. I have a spreadsheet with 20,000+ rows. Column B of each row contains a date and time stamp in this format: mm/dd/yyyy hh:mm (Note that if any field is a single digit there is not a 0 place holder - i.e. March 1st would appear as 3/1/2006 and not 03/01/2006. Same thing for the hours.) Is there a way to automatically pull the hh:mm part out of column B and have it put into Column C (which is empty)? Thanks. Mark Highlight column B. Select Data menu, Text to Columns command. Wizard should take you the rest of the way through (choose delimited on 1s...

Why do I have split lines in email?
When I'm composing an email in OL2003 I frequently hit Enter (carriage return) to start a new line. Later if I change my mind and want to join up that line I hit the delete key after the character where I want the line to join. Everything looks okay and I send the email. If someone then replies my email has lines split where the original split was located. This can mean seeing lines perhaps with only three words in it and the next line continues the sentence. Anyone seen this effect and how can I fix it Beemer try hitting backspace when the=cursor is in front of the second...

If I can split credit card categories and entries, how can I merge
How can I merge a exported credit card download into the split portion of my credit card entries? Hopefully I wan't too confusing. In microsoft.public.money, drsteve wrote: >How can I merge a exported credit card download into the split portion of my >credit card entries? Hopefully I wan't too confusing. Are you saying that you have entered a credit card purchase with a split as the category, and you want to match a downloaded transaction to the one you entered by hand? "Cal Learner-- MVP" wrote: > In microsoft.public.money, drsteve wrote: > > >H...

One Large document library
Hello, I have following problem: I have a document library with 50000 documents, that is occuping (so far) 30GB of storage, the number of docs is increasing very quickly, and within one or two years can go above 100GB, i think this is more than the recomended size for a content database. Will it be a good solution to split the documents into several Site Collections (with one doc library on each) and put each Site Collection in a separate content database? Thanks in advance, jpmv EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Zip / Unzip folders and files with C# http://w...

How to start a split form when I click on a menu page
I'm using the 'page' menu of 2007. I want to automatically start a particular split form when I click on a particular menu page. I have tried to place a subform on the page, but I could not get the form to open as a 'split' form. I would prefer doing this with a Macro. Bob ...

I have an excel file split 1 and 2 how do I restore it please ?
I have an excel file split 1 and 2 how do I restore it please ? Close one of the windows and save what's left. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 05:53:01 -0700, Excel file save <Excel file save @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have an excel file split 1 and 2 how do I restore it please ? ...

newbie--mortgage splits insurance
Thanks for the unofficial FAQ! I couldn't find my problem, though the recent escrow difficulties are similar. Today I thought I'd properly adjusted my brand-new mortgage account, but ran into a problem. There are only three categories involved in my monthly payments: Principal & Interest, property taxes, and homeowner's insurance. These last two fall under the category of "Other Fees," if I'm not wrong. I had to manually adjust the Other Fees to make the interest rate and payment schedule jive with what my bank thinks is going on. However, once I fixed...

Cell split!
Hello everyone, A worker asked me to split a merged cell into two columm. I have neve find any where in the tool that I could do that! Is this possible? Regards, Kim-An -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Right click in cell, in french it's: "diviser la cellule", so... "split cell" ? "Kim-Anh Tran >" <<Kim-Anh.Tran.15ujx3@excelforum-nospam.com> a �crit dans le message de news:Kim-Anh.Tran.15ujx3@excelforum-nospam.com... > Hello everyone, > > A worker asked me to split a merged cell into two columm. I have never > find...

splitting names into columns
I have a sheet that has peoples names listed in this format: Jim Jones Jacob R Jones Allen W Bush Jr And I need to organize them so they arein this format: last name, first name mi I have been tryin to split the information into seperate cells so I ca move the columns around and the squish it all back together... but i is not working.. Can anyone help? Thanks in advanc -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This is crude, but works like a charm. Take the list of names out to a blank workbook, and save as a tex file. Then open the text file with excel, choose, "delimite...

Splitting a text field value
I have a table that is collecting website activity. Once a user clicks on a page the URL is stored in a page_url (text field). Here is an example of the value stored in the page_url field: index.cfm? section_id=24&geriatric_topic_id=4&sub_section_id=34&page_id=49&tab=2 The URL is comprised of id's from other tables, each id is seperated by "&". I want to be able to split the URL into values that I can link back to their respective tables. For example, geriatric_topic is an PK in the topic table and sub_section_id is a PK in the sub_section table. Each top...

If a row in excel doesn't fit on one page can I split it up?
I want to separate a row, instead of it showing up on one page I want it to show up on 2 pages, can this be done? ...

split criteria to seperate worksheets
Hi all, is it posible to divide a criteria of a table to seperate worksheet? is there any functionality in the excel to do it or only by building a macro for this? Almost anything is possible if excel understand EXACTLY what you want done. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "thread" <yaniv.dg@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1184410404.175228.284930@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > is it posible to divide a criteria of a table to seperate worksheet? > is there any functionality in the excel to do it or only by ...

Vertical Split Window
Is it possible to have a window split vertically rather than horizontally? Most screens are wide enough to comfortably put 2 pages side by side, but when the split is horizontal there isn't as much space to view the two panes. You can view two consecutive pages in any version of Word. In recent versions, you can open another copy of the same document and use View | Side by Side. By default, the two copies scroll synchronously (the feature is designed for comparing two different documents), but you can disable that. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into ...

Trendline
All, I can't find a way to break a three year/12 qtr trendline apart in Excel Charts. I'd like to have one trendline for the first two years (8 qtrs) and one for the last year (4 qtrs). Is this possible? Thanks, Richard Yes, plot two data sets, with the same data for for the first 8 quarters, and differing data after that. "Richard" wrote: > All, > > I can't find a way to break a three year/12 qtr trendline apart in Excel > Charts. I'd like to have one trendline for the first two years (8 qtrs) and > one for the last year (4 qtrs). Is th...

smith@thomas
Hi, I have a list of names for example smith@john reynolds@lawrence I want the First and Last Names separated into two columns. How do break the rows if I want the new columns to show SMITH and the secon column to show JOHN. Similarly what can I do for the dates I have in in mm-dd-yyyy format 6182004 12012004 Thank you in advanc -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try using 'Data - Text to columns' and use '@' as delimiter -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi, > > I have a list of names for example > > smith@john > reyno...

Split database before or after sending out
Hi there I am about ready to send the Access Database to a friend who's asked me to create a database for him. Since I don't know how his network is set up, should I split the database before I send it to him or tell him how to split it after sending it out to him? Thank you On Thu, 8 Apr 2010 17:24:01 -0700, forest8 <forest8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi there > >I am about ready to send the Access Database to a friend who's asked me to >create a database for him. > >Since I don't know how his network is set up, shou...

In Money 2005 Std Report does not show split shares
I recently installed Money 2005 Standard and have entered details about stocks and later recorded that they were split. For eg. intially I had entered purchase of 1 share for $10 and then recorded the split at 1:1. The account register still shows number of shares as 1 and price as $10s. The account summary also shows that I have just 1 share and not 2. Try 2:1. 1:1 implies you ended up with one share for each you started with. From your description, I'm guessing you ended up with 2. "TomDick" <TomDick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A045111-444E-...