Setting print layout as default for opening attachments.

Outlook opens attachments in reading layout. I'd like to change the default
to print layout.

You can elect to NOT open in reading layout.

JennieB wrote:

> Outlook opens attachments in reading layout. I'd like to change the default
> to print layout.

0
Bob
4/1/2010 1:43:13 PM
"JennieB" <JennieB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Outlook opens attachments in reading layout. I'd like to change the default
> to print layout.

Open Word and click Tools>Options.  On the General tab, uncheck "Allow
starting in Reading Layout".
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

Blocking mail downloads by attachment size
All, Is there a way to configure Outlook 2000 to not download files from the mail server that have attachments, or that have attachments over a set file size? Mail server is Exchange 2000. Thanks in advance, Nick ...

how to format numbers, digit grouping ,as per regional settings
I am using XP with office 2000. I have enetered the regional settings for India, which didgit groupings as ##,##,###.## But the excel does not recognises this grouping system. How to configure to get this digit gruoping. I only tried this on one number and in one simple formula, but this Custom Format worked with that limited testing: ##\,##\,###.## tj "Mayank" wrote: > I am using XP with office 2000. I have enetered the regional settings for > India, which didgit groupings as ##,##,###.## But the excel does not > recognises this grouping system. How to configure ...

Opening a form Problem
What code would I need to open this form from another form Private Sub subDistribute() Me.Caption = "Distribute Through Owner.." lbHodingInvoices.Caption = "Holding Invoices" lbDistribute.Caption = "Distribute" fraModify.Visible = True fraInvoices.Visible = False fraModify.value = 2 Thanks for any help...........Bob On Oct 27, 5:41 pm, "Bob V" <rjva...@ihug.co.nz> wrote: > What code would I need to open this form from another form > > Private Sub subDistribute() > Me.Caption = "Distribute Thr...

What ? No images or attachements in a knowledge base article ?!
Hello people, I'm pretty new to MS CRM (3) and just starting to explore the whole thing, so please forgive any possible stupid questions. If I understand well, an image base can have no images in it (like screen shots) or attachements (like scripts or little programs). It is hard to imagine Microsoft left this out, but maybe they want a future release worthwile... ;-) In the meanwhile: is there an alternative way to get this done ? Knowledge bases without images, examples, video clips, etc... are in general not all too good and if we are going to use this, I'd like to get a go...

Default Contact Methods
Is there a way to change the default contact method for email from "Do not allow" to "Allow" in the Account Administration tab? Currently when we create accounts, it defaults to not allowing email to be sent to an account, but I would like to reverse this as we often contact customers via email. -- Brandon IT Director Presentations Direct - Office Equipment & Supplies http://www.presentationsdirect.com The default can be set via the form customization. Go into the Values tab for the field properties. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------...

problems with IE windows.open and validation. works fine in Mozilla
hi, I m having problems with validation and IE windows.open. here's my website http://www.invoicernow.com/Invoices/Add.aspx account: testms pwd: 1@a basically when windows.open is called, it also calls validation and doesn't let the popup window open. however, the same site works in IE. recreate the senario, goto my website http://www.invoicernow.com/Invoices/Add.aspx use the above account and password. In the Customer Id field, click the search button, you will see, it works perfectly fine in mozilla which opens a popup, but in IE a new popup window doesn...

File Attachment Temporary Folder Access
When I receive an email with a file attached, I save the attachment to a directory I specify. When I "Save As", I notice the attachment is stored in an OLK6 folder (located in the Temporary Internet Files folder in the Local Settings folder in my log-in-name folder in the Documents & Settings folder). How can I access the OLK6 folder? When I use Explorer, the OLK6 folder is not visible, even if I have selected the "show hidden folder/file" option in Explorer. I'm using OL2002 SP3. ...

Variable Print Ranges
Hi all, I am creating a series of Pivot Tables and want the user to simply be able to click Print to print them without having to set any print parameters or page setup options. Statically set print areas do not change as the Pivot Table results widely vary the displayed number of rows. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! Best regards, Zane Shepherd ...

print Barcode 128 (UCC128 or EAN128)
I'm trying to print this BarCode128 (UCC128 or EAN128) from my Access program, but it seems like (from my research with google) i need to use some exteral program to corretly print this barcode. I thought that all that would be needed was the "correct" barcode font. Does anyone have any experience? suggestion? or methods to print this type of barcode on a label. Thanks for answering. On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 15:26:06 -1100, "fiaola" <fiaola@mail.com> wrote: Just the font. Try it. Unless you're a manufacturer of barcode software. -Tom. >I'm try...

Print Worksheet on A2 sheet using 4x A4 sheets?
I have created a timetable in a worksheet (Page Setup A4, Landscape)... I wish to blow it up to A2 size (which is equivalent to four A4 sheet joined together). As my printer restrictions only permit upto A4 size printing, how may I setup the worksheet to be printed onto four A4 sheets so it merge into an A2 size sheet -- Many Thanks Gunjani For Sale: Parachute. Only used once, never opened. Small stain. 1. Some printers can do this for you. My Lexmark has severa possibilities. 2. Page Setup to "400% Normal size" -- Message posted from http://www...

Set size of preview from code?
Hi! I wonder if it's possible to set the size of the preview window in Excel, called from a VB application that uses Excel as a hided reporting tool, using late binding. It should not be minimized nor maximized. If the size could be set in pixels would be perfect. The reason for asking is that I'm not allowed to take the complete screen to show it, since the are some alarm fields in upper half used by another application that is running in the background. TIA ...

Charts
I have a set of monthly financial reports and associated charts. I need all the charts to show data just up to the current month. Up to now I have had to manually adjust the data area chart by chart at the end of each month as I move the model from one month to the next. What I need is to simply adjust one cell to state the new month number and this will adjust the data areas for all the charts. I have been experimenting with the OFFSET function plugged into the chart data range but it seems that this is not allowed. Can someone suggest an 'easy' way around this problem -- JohnG H...

Trouble Printing Attachments
I have a problem, and it might be just a glitch. When you are printing an email, there is that box that says, "Print attached files. Attachments will print to the default printer only". When I click this and print the email, it will not print all of the attachments. It's strange, because, if I have three attachments, it will print two of them. If I have two, it will print one. Like I said, this could be just a glitch, and I don't know if anyone else has run into this. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks! Wes It could be that one of the attachme...

Open excel file from Windows explorer
I'm having trouble launching excel files from windows explorer; when I double click on the file it opens, but it does not come to the front over the explorer window. If I minimize and then maximize excel the spreadsheet then comes to the front. However even doing this sometimes none of the ribbon buttons for the spreadsheet are active, I need to minimize / maximize again from the toolbar and then I can use the file. Opening the file from Excel does not cause these issues. I also notice that the windows explorer pane is not always accurate: when a spreadsheet opens I immedia...

P.C.s cant open mac office documents
Hi What setting do I need to change to allow P.C. users to open mac office word documents I send to them? At the moment they can't open them <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Hi, > What setting do I need to change to allow P.C. users to open mac office > word documents I send to them? At the moment they can't open them Try adding the .doc extension if the documents don;t already have it. Corentin -- --- Mac:MS MVP (Francophone) --- (MS) MVP: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ MVPs...

Printing to One Page
When I print, my flowchart prints half on one page and half on another. Eventhough the chart will fit on one page. How can I fix this. Sorry I found the information on another thread. I have downloaded the update pack from Microsoft and hopefully that will help. "Rob" wrote: > When I print, my flowchart prints half on one page and half on another. > Eventhough the chart will fit on one page. How can I fix this. ...

Set Imported Picture Wrap to Tight
Word 2007 I would like to be able to use a macro (assigned to QA toolbar) to set the format of a (manually) selected picture to WrapTight - one click instead of having to open the Format Picture Layout dialogue each time. Is this possible? Any help gratefully appreciated Piri On Error Resume Next Selection.InlineShapes(1).ConvertToShape Selection.ShapeRange.WrapFormat.Type = wdWrapTight will work. http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> ...

Setting rules and alerts to run automatically on Spam folder?
I am attempting to undo a filter error that places valid email into the Spam folder. If I manually run the Rules and Alerts in the Spam folder, it will move the "spam" messages back to the Inbox. Is there a way to make the rule automatically run from a folder other than the Inbox? Hi Stu, [....] > Is there a way to make the rule automatically run from a folder other > than the Inbox? No. You could use another SpamFilter program (not Outlook spam filters) with more functions or have at first a look on this site for some further information about the Outlook Junk filte...

Default date formats
In Excel 2002, dates entered in a worksheet as "dd/mm" default to a custom format of "d-mmm". For example, 4/26 shows as 26-Apr in the worksheet cell even though it is shown as 4/26/2005 in the Formula Bar. I want them to default to "mm/dd/yyyy". In the Regional settings, the default short date format is shown as "dd/mm/yyyy". Any ideas? J Fultz wrote: > In Excel 2002, dates entered in a worksheet as "dd/mm" default to a custom > format of "d-mmm". For example, 4/26 shows as 26-Apr in the worksheet cell > even tho...

Cannot open 2003 Excel .xls file named Power Gas Details.xls
I opened this file today and added some formating of columns, etc and some numbers to the spread sheet. I saved it. I tried to reopen later and got error messages 1) Excel cannot open the file. It may be write only or encripted (I did not deliberately set a pass word or encript?), 2) Excel cannot open this file, I don't know why as it did earlier? I have previously downloaded vewiers from Microsoft with the understanding that these viewers would be able to open old spread sheets or other older items in previous versions of Excel. I not have Excel 2003 and have been using for a long ...

minimizing space between cell content for printing
Hi, Files printed from Excel 97 in Win98 allowed consequtive single line cells to overlap and the letters to touch which economized on space for volume printings. Printing on the same HP printer from Excel 2003 in Win XP looses half of the height of the letters. If it was a printer driver bug, I would like to figure out if I can force the same style of printing - minimizing space between rows to zero so the letters touch. (For example, a "b" would touch a "g" on the line above.) TIA. You can adjust the row height - highlight the rows in question and Format | Row | Height...

Where should I keep application-wide settings?
Hi: I'm making a new MFC application and I would like it to have a "Settings" or "options" dialog, similar to many other applications, like MS Word or any other. The question is, what is the way to manage such settings? Should I store the information in the App object, in a global variable, every bit of information in the object it is related to, ...? I have always been taught that global variables are bad and I think that storing things in the application object is almost the same as using global variables, but I've seen in several places this approach. Could you p...

Deleting file after attachment / attaching to CRM
I am trying to delete a file after attaching the file to the CRM (using annotation). The file seems to be look and can't be delete. Anybody have an idea? ...

Outlook doesn't send messages with attachments
Hi, I've tried to send an email with an attachment and Outlook displays the send/receive dialogue, gets to 50% and then just sits there. Outlook is still operational but it won't send the email. If I take the attachment away from the message it goes no problems. I've tried various file sizes ranging from 300k to 2Mb in size and nothing seems to work. Does anyone have any info on this or what might be wrong? Thanks Craig Did you ever find out why Outlook won't send attachments, jpg's etc? arsingerjr@comcast.ne ----- Craig Fiddick wrote: ---- Hi ...

Default Labels
Is there a way to have an item automatically print to a specific label size/format and specific printer? In other words: If I have an item who's label always needs to print on a "jewelry" tag can I associate this item with that particular tag and if possible to a specific printer (that holds that particular type of tag, so I do not have to change the labels (as long as I have a different printer for each type of tag that I am using). Hi I think I am not very clear about your concern..can you explain what functionality are you exactly looking for because when you chose to pr...