Sending "not read" messages

My outlook 2010 keeps sending out "not read" messages to senders who have
requested a read receipt.  My tracking option is set to "ask each time
whether to send a read receipt".  How can I stop Outlook from sending out
"not read" messages, I never want it to do that. Thanks.

"Phil" <Phil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> My outlook 2010 keeps sending out "not read" messages to senders who have
> requested a read receipt.  My tracking option is set to "ask each time
> whether to send a read receipt".  How can I stop Outlook from sending out
> "not read" messages, I never want it to do that. Thanks.

What type of account are you using?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian
6/7/2010 2:08:15 PM
I am using a POP3 account.
Phil

>I am using a POP3 account.

When you look at your mail, do they get marked as read?  If you disable the
option to honor read receipts does the same thing still happen?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

http://LongPathTool.com
http://LongPathTool.com - Copy, Unlock and Delete Path Too Long files Do you have error messages?, like : Path too long. Error cannot delete file: cannot read from source file or disk Cannot delete file: Access is denied There has been a sharing violation. Cannot delete file or folder The file name you specified is not valid or too long. Specify a different file name. The source or destination file may be in use. The file is in use by another program or user. Error Deleting File or Folder Make sure the disk is not full or write-protected and that the file is not currently in use. Error Copyi...

Plain text messages are not readable
Hi everyone, sure hope someone can help. I am running Office 2003, with XP Pro. Apparently I have inadvertently changed a setting, because all emails received in Plain Text are not readable. I can open them OK, but there is nothing in the body of the message. Additionally, if I create a new contact or calendar item, any info I enter in the fields for "subject", "location", "name", "job title", etc. appears OK. But any info I enter in the body of the appointment, or the contact, does not appear. However, once I save the new item, then the data app...

Cannot read file with password
I've created a 2003 .ppt file, with a password. If you enter the password you can make edits. If you do not enter the pw, then the file opens in read-only mode. When another person on our network tries to open the file, they receive an error message...."Powerpoint can't read the outline from s:\directory\filename.ppt. No text converter is installed for this file type." When opening the file from my workstation, I get the prompt to enter a password and everything works as expected. Any help? Could they have a version BEFORE 2002? "Kelli" <Kel...

Money Downloads my statement, but I cannot read it
I can either manually download my credit card statement or have Money 2006 do it automatically. It says "Transactions to read:19" but when I go into the actual account the transactions do not show. My other credit cards work fine, it is only this one. I have experienced this before and then it started working again. Any ideas would be great! Is this Outlook-related? I'm not sure I understand the relationship of the problem to Microsoft Outlook? -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Ce...

publisher 98 files opening in 2003 (Not Norton, not Read-only)
Hi all, I just upgraded from publisher 98 to 2003, however none of the files will open under 2003, I get the error message "Publisher cannot open the file" I've searched the forums for several hours, but have had no success in finding a solution. The comptuer I'm trying to open it with has never had norton installed and all the files I've tried are not read-only. Any other suggestions? Unfortunately I've long since list my original 98 install CD.. Thanks Do you have any other anti-virus software? Disable it and see if the files open. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MV...

Cannot read news in Outlook
Hey, I have this problem when i try to open news in Outlook; it simply opens a directory called: "1030". I know it has worked before. Regards, Rasmus Bertelsen "Rasmus Bertelsen" <rasbert@nowhere.dk> wrote in message news:OJkYu5sZGHA.4788@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hey, > I have this problem when i try to open news in Outlook; it simply > opens a directory called: "1030". I know it has worked before. Outlook does not and never has supported NNTP (network news transfer protocol). Outlook EXPRESS supports NNTP. Any "news" functio...

could not read Chinese names
I am using windows xp English platform. Just schronising first time my address book to outlook from my blackberry curve. everything goes well except I could not read the traditional Chinese characters. Only ??? there. Any helps, thanks. -- Paul Do you have all the right character sets installed? I think you have to install Traditional Chinese support for Windows to get the proper display. "Paul" <mcbml@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:#wE6UeZOKHA.4580@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > I am using windows xp English platform. > Just schronising first time my address book...

CANNOT READ EMAIL
I am able to retrieve email from my POP server using Outlook Express, but I am unable to view the message contents. It simply appears blank. This happened after I removed all the .dbx files from the Outlook Express folder and attempted to replace them with the ones that I had saved from my old computer. The same problem occurred with the old files; I was able to see the messages with the sender and subject, but not able to view the message contents. Now I can't read ANY of my messages. If anyone can tell me how to fix this problem and to restore the contents of my old messa...

Cannot read usenet articles
I have a usenet account and Outlook will download the messages, but then they won't be displayed. "Greg" said in news:17e5901c41905$1dbd69a0$a101280a@phx.gbl: > I have a usenet account and Outlook will download the > messages, but then they won't be displayed. Outlook doesn't support NNTP (network news transfer protocol) for Usenet/newsgroups. Outlook Express handles that; it gets called by Outlook. Repost in a newsgroup for Outlook Express. For a quick suggestion, check your views and rules. -- _______________________________________________________________...

Cannot read a .pub file
I am creating a yearbook for my school. I have been working on the same file for months and whenever I try to open the file I get the message: Cannot read file. I am using Publisher2000 and have been working on the same computer from the beginning, the file is rather large... How can I open the file? Or recover the file? Is it possible that the file is too large to open? Please help, I am hoping I do not have to start all over again! Tara A small child turns to Ed, and exclaims: "Look! Look! A post from Tara <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>!"... > I am using ...

Cannot read online user's guide to money 2004
I am not able to read the online user's guide for 2004 at the money/support website. The manual appears to be in javascript. I click the link and nothing happens. I can read the normal weblink below it. What should I do? ...

Cannot read or write rewritable CDs
win xp professional version 2002, sp2 Pentium 4, 2.8 ghz, 1 gb ram I have a CD/DVD ROM and CD/DVD RW. I use the RW drive for backups, usually to DVD+RW; this currently works well. I have used CD-RW in the past, but not in quite a while. I recently tried to record a CD-RW, but the drive does not recognize the disc. I have tried 3 different kinds of CD-RW, all with the same problem. The same CD-RWs work normally in my laptop (same OS). The ROM reads DVDs and non re-writable CDs normally, but does not read rewritable CDs. Any ideas where to start tackling this? Thank...

Re-installed Money 2000/cannot read file
My hard disk died recently. I had saved my xyz.mny file elsewhere and still have my data. I have a new computer and have re-installed Money 2000, but I cannot open my file: "You are trying to open a file that has encrypted information. The file cannot be open with this version of Money". Can I resolve this or do I need to get Money 2004? JP Take a look at this KB article: Money: Error Message: You Are Trying to Open a File That Has Encrypted Information http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=283212 -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money Check http://support.micro...

Cannot read money 99 backup into money 2004
I've upgraded to 2004 and the program trys to read my 99 version back up file. It starts to convert and at the end says backup is from an incompatible version. Anybody?? See the mother of all FAQs at http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=1. "Rob" <rthorn@dezzanet.net.au> wrote in message news:142ba01c444a9$9d389770$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I've upgraded to 2004 and the program trys to read my 99 > version back up file. It starts to convert and at the end > says backup is from an incompatible version. Anybody?? >-----Original Message----- >See the m...

Can not Read Excel files
Hi, I am writing for my boss having trouble. She has a relatively new computer, Windows XP, and has Quattro Pro installed. However, she is working on group projects with people who have Excel and she can not read any of their files. I suggested the free viewer download from Microsoft but it doesn't seem to be supported by Windows XP. Any ideas? Thanks!! It is supported and works well "Elizabeth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:352f01c4293e$94c90650$a501280a@phx.gbl... : Hi, I am writing for my boss having trouble. She has a : relatively...

wmp 11 on vista
Unable to play/rip cds - computer not reading cds, no list of songs provided. Similar to an empty drive. Initially had no problems, but recently only approximately 1% of cds will work. On Sat, 20 Feb 2010 00:07:06 -0800, vsgjon <vsgjon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Unable to play/rip cds - computer not reading cds, no list of songs provided. > Similar to an empty drive. Initially had no problems, but recently only >approximately 1% of cds will work. Can you see the contents of a Data disk when you're in windows explorer - for example, can you view t...

Cannot read outlook 2003 inbox using webmail
As stated in the subject line, I cannot access my inbox when using webmail.. When I login, I can read all folders EXCEPT the inbox. Whe I select my mail inbox I get the message: "There are no items to show in this view". Can you please enlighten me as to what is set wrong within my version of MS Outlook 2003? Thank you Barry Cole ...

cannot read text message from incoming mail
I cannot read the incoming mail's text message. I only can read it when I press "reply", then i can read all my messages. ...

Disk not reading on my mac
Version: 2008 Operating System: Older version Processor: Power PC I have a Power Mac G5 running MAC OS X 10.4.11, I have 51GB Available on my hard drive so I am baffled as to why my disk will not read. I have DVD drive... Can you help!? On 3/18/08 3:37 06AM, in article ee951b8.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "sauce@officeformac.com" <sauce@officeformac.com> wrote: > > I have a Power Mac G5 running MAC OS X 10.4.11, I have 51GB Available on my > hard drive so I am baffled as to why my disk will not read. I have DVD > drive... Can you help!? Some users are having pro...

cannot read emails from certain senders
Hi ! A user with Outlook 2002 sp1 has suddenly experiencing problems reading emails from certain senders. The email body has lines of additional text hiding the content of the email yet if it is forwarded the user can read no problem. I have tried changing her format from html to rich text etc and still the same. I have tried sending her the same communication from myself which is perfectly OK and the extra lines of text still appear when she receives it. She is a directors secretary and I have been changing some permissions on some resource mailboxes but not changed her own mailbox so I can...

Cannot read data from server easily?
Hi I use ASP, SQL server with a EdgaCam database (that is a CNC tool) when I read data, I need to read out the fields in the right order, otherwise they are empty, such as: rsJob.open="select job.[description],job.[comment],job.[sequence], job.[nc file], job.[revision],ListJobStatus.[job status],ListJobStatus. [color], job.[history], job.[Location], job.[programmer] from job LEFT JOIN ListJobStatus ON job.[list job status]=ListJobStatus.ID where job. [cam file] like '"+request("part")+"' order by 1" field0=rsjob.fields(0).value f...

can not read message text
Hi all, I just upgrade from Outlook 2000 to Outlook 2003 on a Win XP. Using Outlook 2003, when I click on a message, I am unable to read the message text for some reason. The reading pane never display any text. I tried reading my old emails that I know have a lot of message text, but now they are all blank. On the other hand, when I receive a new email and a notification is displayed at the bottom right hand corner, I can see a hint box that shows some of the message content. But when I actually go to open that message, again the reading pane is blank, I can't see any content....

Cannot read Chinese characters in some programs
I have re-installed Windows XP on my desktop recently and now I cannot read Chinese characters in some programs. I have already installed the East Asian languages files under the "Regional and language options" as well as setting the "Language for non-Unicode programs" to Chinese(PRC). I have many Chinese fonts installed on my desktop. I have also added Chinese in the "Language preference" in Internet Explorer. Still, there are some programs and some websites that I cannot read the Chinese characters properly. Please help. Andrew -- Abba1091 -...

Why do pivot tables not read numbers that are copied and pasted
I am working with a Pivot Table whose information comes from a two columns of data that has been assembled from data copied and pasted from other sheets. Unless I retype all the data, it only shows zeros when sum is selected from field settings. I need a way to get it to sum without retyping or at least to know why it will not sum the numbers. Thanks Excel is seeing the numbers as text. There are some techniques here that you can use to convert the text to numbers, so they can be summed in the pivot table: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataEntry03.html B_4j wrote: > I am worki...

OL 2007 Auto Archiving Errors/Cannot read archive properties from
New Outlook user, please go easy on me. As of 01/01/2008 I have converted from Eudora v7.x to Outlook 2007. Running Vista Home Premium, dual core 2.2ghz, 4gb RAM, all patches current per multiple runs of MS Update. I used AddressMagic to import all of my email messages from Eudora into a new OL2007 PST file. Conversion worked great, and I can see and use all of my emails and attachments. FUNCTION: Auto Archiving ERROR: * Pop-up error message declares: "Errors occurred while archiving. Look for a detailed report in your Deleted Items folder." * Delete Items folde...