Send/Receive gets stuck at 50% and hangs

I have a user who is using Outlook 2007.  Quite frequently, doing a forced
send/receive (clicking the button) or letting the schedule do it - down in
the lower right corner you can watch the progress - it gets stuck at 50% and
hangs there for about 2-4 minutes - then finishes.

The user connects directly to their SBS Server (exchange), that's the only
account in their Outlook profile too.  Oddly enough, they are the only user
w/this problem.  the 11 other users on the network don't have this problem.
Outlook gives no reason at all as to why it would behave like this as well.

Any thoughts on this?  thank you in advance.

SteveS;115876 Wrote:
> I have a user who is using Outlook 2007.  Quite frequently, doing a
> forced
> send/receive (clicking the button) or letting the schedule do it - down
> in
> the lower right corner you can watch the progress - it gets stuck at
> 50% and
> hangs there for about 2-4 minutes - then finishes.
>
> The user connects directly to their SBS Server (exchange), that's the
> only
> account in their Outlook profile too.  Oddly enough, they are the only
> user
> w/this problem.  the 11 other users on the network don't have this
> problem.
> Outlook gives no reason at all as to why it would behave like this as
> well.
>
> Any thoughts on this?

What do the Exchange admins say?

--
Brian Tillman

[MVP-Outlook]
http://forums.slipstick.com

0
Brian

Receive more than on PO
can I receive a quantity more than that on the PO. If so, what do I need to do after that to make sure that no errors are encountered while invoicing/closing the PO. I believe the answer here is "yes, no problem". If I recall, that feature is what some people consider an "issue" in that you have that ability to over-receive the PO qty. patrick mbs developer support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DCD0B7B2-0CFB-4A63-82A3-A1E03F3A93...

Getting to the right ID on a continuous form
On a continuous subform, I have a button that opens up a simple form that allows the user to enter a note for a particular record. a field1 field2 [btn] b field1 field2 [btn] c field1 field2 [btn] . . . The problem is that if the user clicks, say, the button on the third record down (c), that opens the note for the first record in the continuous form (a). No matter which record's button the user clicks on the continuous form, it always opens to the first record's note. What I need to do, I guess, is get the ID of the record that the user is c...

Sending to 100+ recipients
Hi I'm using Outlook 2003 on WinXP Home. I don't use exchange just personal folders. I have a genuine need to send a newsletter to a growing team and the list will soon exceed 100 people. Is there a limit set to the size of a distribution list either by Outlook, ISPs (in general) or by the actual email protocol? Am I going to have problems later? As a related question, I'd like to be able to have Outlook send the emails individually rather than as a single email with multiple recipients. Is this possible? I guess it would be with VBA somehow, something I might have a go at. ...

sending links via IE
using outlook 2003, when I try to send a link via e-mail, I get a message saying Outlook decided the link is questionable, so it will prevent me from sending it. how can I avoid this? Charles <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > using outlook 2003, when I try to send a link via e-mail, > I get a message saying Outlook decided the link is > questionable, so it will prevent me from sending it. how > can I avoid this? Send the URL in a plain tesxt message. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS 1B3 Grand Rapids, MI 49512-1991 Brian...

Email Attachments getting converted to Windows format in Outlook
When I open my IMAP mailbox using outlook it deletes and re-inserts any emails that have image attachments. The new email on the server is converted to a winmail.dat attachment format. This causes problems when I try to read the same file using my PDA since it can not read the winmail.dat format. How do I make outlook stop "auto" converting my attachments to winmail.dat. I have outlook configured to send email with plain text to prevent this problem when I send email I was shocked to learn that outlook was converting my email when I access the mailbox. Any help would be appreci...

Money 2004 or keep Quicken 2003 (later get 2004)????
Standard question to ask advice about: - Now a Quicken user and should stay a Quicken user? - Change to Money 2004?? -- Why change?? -- Why not change?? I do home finances, connect to bank (two) to pay bills and to track checking accounts and credit card purchases and payments. Not investing in stocks, etc. Do taxes using Turbo Tax but don't import information to do that. Used Money a few years ago -- it did not allow single check printing on my printer at the time, while Quicken did, so I stayed a Quicken user. Thank you. You folks have been a big help...

how do i get rid of small "th"
I'm just wanting to insert a regular sized "th" after writing the date but Word automatically makes it smaller - please help me. Thanks In the AutoFormat As You Type dialog, clear the check box for "Ordinals (1st) with superscript." The path to this dialog is: Word 2003 and earlier: Tools | AutoCorrect (Options) | AutoFormat As You Type Word 2007: Office Button | Word Options | Proofing | AutoCorrect Options | AutoFormat As You Type In existing text, remove the superscript property by selecting the text and pressing Ctrl+Spacebar. -- Suzanne S....

can't use the from field to send mail from another mailbox
I installed the exchange roll up fix kbfix KB870540 per: Microsoft Security Bulletin MS05-021 Vulnerability in Exchange Server Could Allow Remote Code Execution (894549) and now when a user who has access to another mailbox and is currently using their own mailbox can't use the from field to send mail from the other mailbox. They receive an error message "you do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object". see the folder contact or your system administrator". The only workaround i found is to allow them send on behalf of, this allows th...

I get message "Unable to open Pub doc".
I have had a couple people send me a Publisher document as an email attachment, but when I try to open it, I get a message: "Publisher cannot open the file". I thought it was because the doc was created in a newer version than what I had. Now I'm not sure because I tried to open another pub doc I received from a different friend while at school. The computer has 2002 version and I still can not open docs. Can you tell me why, and what I can do? Could be your virus software. How to use Office programs with the Norton AntiVirus Office plug-in http://support.microsoft.com/k...

How to get automatic completion of email recipients
Brand new Outlook 2003, WinXP user I imported my mail messages and contacts from OE6. If I create a new mail message. In OE, I begin typing the recipient=92s name. Let=92s say I type Bill S. At this moment OE automatically brings up the name Bill Smith. In my new Outlook, this automatic search and fill-in isn=92t working. How do I turn it on? Tools>Options>autocomplete The entries are added over time / usage "PT" <inconnu3939@gmail.com> wrote in message news:391d5c84-4b77-4238-9961-b93f1ae66a15@u41g2000yqe.googlegroups.com... Brand new Outlook 2003,...

Ownerdraw CListBox
I'm annoyed that I can't figure this out myself, but here goes. I had a standard listbox working in a dialog. Then I decided to make it ownerdraw. I derived a class from CListBox, but I really don't know how to "attach" an object of my listbox class to the dialog in place of the original listbox (which I just dragged in in the dialog editor). I was using DDX_Control() to access the original listbox, but changing the type of my DDX variable to my derived class didn't do the trick (I really didn't expect it to). Should I even be using DDX_Control() with a deriv...

outlook keeps sending the same email #2
Hi, everybody! Outlook keeps sending the same email. Is there any solution? Sergei sergei bellov <belov@zahav.net.il> wrote: > Outlook keeps sending the same email. > > Is there any solution? 1) Always state your version of Outlook and the type of account you're using. 2) Disable any antivirus or -spam product that integrates with Outlook. You may have to completely uninstall it and reinstall without the mail scanning option to truly disable it. 3) Increase the server timeout value on the Advanced tab of your account properties page. 4) Increate your send/rece...

Cannot receive email
I have just recently purchased a new HP Pavilion dc7 Laptop (Intel(R)Core(TM) i7 CPU. I use Bellsouth.net for my email and am TRYING to use Windows Live email. I was able to receive but could not send. I had a friend help me transfer all of my stuff from the old Laptop to the new one and help me get set up. We never did get my mail to send. After reading numerous posts in this discussion group I figured that the Incoming and Outgoing Ports might be wrong. The Outgoing Port was 25 and I changed it to 465 and the Incoming Port is 995 and I left it as is. And now I can send bu...

messages will not send?
i have outlook2000 on a new computer w/ a DSL connection. everything was working just fine until last weekend. ever since then, the computer will not send any emails that have attachments. they get hung up in the outbox and i get an error message saying that my connection has been dropped/timed out. i can send a simple email to someone....but nothing with attachments. furthermore, if i try responding to an existing email.....it will not send. however, if i strip out the entire body of that response and hit send....no problem. i have tried multiple .pst files and that does not seem to matt...

Access query to get monthly and quarterly report
Hi, I will require 5 tabs in the report. All reports should be able to use the same result set, but not all columns will appear in each report. They will just present the data differently. for example: if month falls with in the start and end date should show yes otherwise No. Immediate help will be appreciated.. thank you in advance Startdate Enddate Nov-09 Jan-10 Jun-12 Dec-12 12/11/09 6/30/2012 Yes Yes Yes No Startdate Enddate Q3-09 Q4-09 Q2-12 Q4-12 12/11/09 6/30/2012 No Yes Yes No Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of C...

Getting VISTA Control panel\Programs look and feel....
Hi All, In one of my application development, I need to present the information similar to how VISTA shows in Programs (which is under Control Panel). I could not get what has been done to get this look? If you go to "Control Panel" and then if you go to "Programs" in that, it has "Programs and Features" option. Just below the "Programs and Features" it has various options "Uninstall a program", "Turn windows features on or off" etc. It appears to me that it is a list control. But in the rows there is a line (seperator kind ...

Send a worksheet to an open email
Hi Forum, Is there a way of sending an Excel sheet as an attachment to an email in Outlook that is already open. I have read through the forum and all replies seem to open a new email and then make the attachment, I need to do it the other way around if possible. Many thanks in advance. Graham If you have already looked at Ron's site, then I don't know where else to look. http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm "Graham F" <GrahamF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CF8577CF-D580-40EE-B85D-33E01808E408@microsoft.com... > Hi Forum, ...

Can't send messages #3
My email has picked up a quirck lately. I can recieve mail fine, I can surf the internet fine (using earthlink), but I can't send emails at all. Any ideas I have the same problem. Here's my error message. Any ideas would be welcome. An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'incoming.verizon.net', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 out005.verizon.net connection refused from [4.8.65.179]', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421, Error Number: 0x800CCC67 I am having the same problem with road runner. Have you had a...

Cannot access office out, getting POP3 Reporting Error 0X80042108
Hi there, i understand MS made some changes and now i am locked out from my MS Office Outlook. I get a POP3 Reporting Error # 0X80042108. The server does not recognize me. Is there any instructions on how to set or re-set this? Is there any REAL PERSON i can talk to for FREE Tech Support??? Thanks, Ray @ manauto@msn.com The changes were to how Outlook pulls Hotmail. Verify your settings against this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/813514/en-us "Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23A6252E-7B5F-454D-BB5A-5C9AB2B24DCD@microsoft.com... > Hi there...

Can't retrieve mail from server when send/receive
I am unable to retrieve the email messages that are waiting to be downloaded from my server using Outlook 2K2. Settings are correct. Firewall blocks nothing. No viruses. I can send mail fine. I've tried everything! it is definately a problem with just the Outloook software, as I have succesfully downloaded messages using other email apps on that same PC and other PC's as well. There is no error message, it's just when you click on Send/Receive it appears that there are no emails to be downloaded (all tasks are completed successfully). Even though when I check the mail ser...

OnAccept getting socket handle
Hi, how is it possible to get the CAsyncSocket-Handle in the OnAccept- method? I don`t want to install one thread for each connection - I`ve one thread for all http-connections. void ConnSoc::OnAccept(int nErrorCode) { //doing some error stuff // New connection is being established CAsyncSocket soc; //using threads / detach / attach if(!Accept(soc)) //error-handling CAsyncSocket::OnAccept(nErrorCode); } If you install a thread for each connection, a new socket is installed with detach / attach handling. But what`s a suitable solution using only one thread...

Exchnage server 2000 unable to retrieve mail received on server
I am brand new to Advanced Server 2k and Exchange 2k but I have completed a set up of both. My problem is that I can send e-mail to my address and it arrives at the server (I can see this in the System Manager) I can successfully (according to my logs) log into the server using Outlook 2003 using pop3 account settings. But i dont see any e-mail. Further to this I can log into my Outlook Web Access and send an e-mail to myself (or any other user on the server) but I cant see those E-mail in OWA or Outlook client. I am able to send e-mail to the outside world with no problems or errors using b...

Sending mail from public folders and public contacts?
How can i send email from a public contact in a public folder? I cant see a 'new message'button anywhere. Not in a public contacts and not in messages in public folders. All public folders and subfolders are mail enabled! PremP. On 6 Feb 2005 13:41:18 -0800, premmetje@zonnet.nl (Prem) wrote: >How can i send email from a public contact in a public folder? >I cant see a 'new message'button anywhere. Not in a public contacts >and not in messages in public folders. >All public folders and subfolders are mail enabled! >PremP. Explain a little more about why you are...

Get month from date
Useing VBA, how to I get the month from a date in range("a1") as text. Eg if date = 30/1/02, Month = "January" or 30/10/05 then month = "October". I want to worksheets with the month. Regards Robert MonthA = format(range("a1"),"mmmm") -- Kind regards, Niek Otten <RobcPettit@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:1131520581.324157.176670@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com... > Useing VBA, how to I get the month from a date in range("a1") as text. > Eg if date = 30/1/02, Month = "January" or 30/10/05 then month = >...

how to bypass the security prompts when get the internet header of the mail #2
I get the internet header of the mail using CDO 1.2, Will this trigger the security prompts in secure versions of Outlook 2000 and how to bypass it. Thanks a lot! ...