selective e-mail download from pop3 server.

I am running Office 2007 ultimate.
I am setting up a new VAIO laptop running Win 7 64 bit.
Our family e-mail system uses the following rubric:

name1@hostname.isp.co.uk, name2@hostname.isp.co.uk, etc.

The software that is distributed by the isp will sort incoming e-mails and
put name1's mail into her letterbox and name2 into mine etc.
But...the isp software does not run on win7 64bit.

Is it possible to configure outlook to only download name1's email into the
inbox?

Please advise.

0
Alex

Not unless the mail acounts are unique, ie seperate username / password
Who is the ISP?

"Alex McFarlane" <alex@hasland.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>I am running Office 2007 ultimate.
> I am setting up a new VAIO laptop running Win 7 64 bit.
> Our family e-mail system uses the following rubric:
>
> name1@hostname.isp.co.uk, name2@hostname.isp.co.uk, etc.
>
> The software that is distributed by the isp will sort incoming e-mails and
> put name1's mail into her letterbox and name2 into mine etc.
> But...the isp software does not run on win7 64bit.
>
> Is it possible to configure outlook to only download name1's email into
> the inbox?
>
> Please advise.

0
DL
12/4/2009 3:08:39 PM
ISP = Good old trusty ex-tenner a month Demon.

No the accounts are not unique, the same username and password for all.

Is there a way in outlook to download all the emails but only show those to
name1?

AMcF

"DL" <notvalid@spoofaddress.co.uk> wrote in message
> Not unless the mail acounts are unique, ie seperate username / password
> Who is the ISP?
>
> "Alex McFarlane" <alex@hasland.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>>I am running Office 2007 ultimate.
>> I am setting up a new VAIO laptop running Win 7 64 bit.
>> Our family e-mail system uses the following rubric:
>>
>> name1@hostname.isp.co.uk, name2@hostname.isp.co.uk, etc.
>>
>> The software that is distributed by the isp will sort incoming e-mails
>> and put name1's mail into her letterbox and name2 into mine etc.
>> But...the isp software does not run on win7 64bit.
>>
>> Is it possible to configure outlook to only download name1's email into
>> the inbox?
>>
>> Please advise.

0
Alex
12/4/2009 3:56:37 PM
You can use views to show or hide mail or use rules to move mail to other
folders sent to a specific address based on words (the email address) in the
header.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

> ISP = Good old trusty ex-tenner a month Demon.
>
> No the accounts are not unique, the same username and password for all.
>
> Is there a way in outlook to download all the emails but only show those
> to name1?
>
> AMcF
>

> "DL" <notvalid@spoofaddress.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Not unless the mail acounts are unique, ie seperate username / password
>> Who is the ISP?
>>
>> "Alex McFarlane" <alex@hasland.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>>>I am running Office 2007 ultimate.
>>> I am setting up a new VAIO laptop running Win 7 64 bit.
>>> Our family e-mail system uses the following rubric:
>>>
>>> name1@hostname.isp.co.uk, name2@hostname.isp.co.uk, etc.
>>>
>>> The software that is distributed by the isp will sort incoming e-mails
>>> and put name1's mail into her letterbox and name2 into mine etc.
>>> But...the isp software does not run on win7 64bit.
>>>
>>> Is it possible to configure outlook to only download name1's email into
>>> the inbox?
>>>
>>> Please advise.

0
Diane
12/4/2009 4:11:02 PM
How do you this please?

AMcF

> You can use views to show or hide mail or use rules to move mail to other
> folders sent to a specific address based on words (the email address) in
> the header.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>
> Outlook Tips by email:

> Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072
>

> "Alex McFarlane" <alex@hasland.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>> ISP = Good old trusty ex-tenner a month Demon.
>>
>> No the accounts are not unique, the same username and password for all.
>>
>> Is there a way in outlook to download all the emails but only show those
>> to name1?
>>
>> AMcF
>>

>> "DL" <notvalid@spoofaddress.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> Not unless the mail acounts are unique, ie seperate username / password
>>> Who is the ISP?
>>>
>>> "Alex McFarlane" <alex@hasland.demon.co.uk> wrote in message

0
Alex
12/4/2009 7:08:20 PM
Are you going to leave mail on the server for xx days and let each
person/account redownload the mail or download it once into outlook, where
everyone reads it from the same profile?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

> How do you this please?
>
> AMcF
>

> "Diane Poremsky [MVP]" <outlookmvp@msn.com> wrote in message
>> You can use views to show or hide mail or use rules to move mail to other
>> folders sent to a specific address based on words (the email address) in
>> the header.
>>
>> --
>> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>> Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/
>>
>> Outlook Tips by email:
>> mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net

>> mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>>
>> Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
>> http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072
>>

>> "Alex McFarlane" <alex@hasland.demon.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> ISP = Good old trusty ex-tenner a month Demon.
>>>
>>> No the accounts are not unique, the same username and password for all.
>>>
>>> Is there a way in outlook to download all the emails but only show those
>>> to name1?
>>>
>>> AMcF
>>>

>>> "DL" <notvalid@spoofaddress.co.uk> wrote in message

0
Diane

How to select series in chart?

Changing SQL Server for CRM 1.2

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

downloading
After downloading from bank I have 26 items that do not show up in my account register. How do I access these items? This is the first time that this has happened. In microsoft.public.money, Gary wrote: >After downloading from bank I have 26 items that do not >show up in my account register. How do I access these >items? This is the first time that this has happened. In Internet Explorer delete your browser temporary files with Tools->InternetOptions->DeleteFiles. Then open Money with Start->Run and entering "msmoney -s" without the quotes into the box. ...

Relay from unstruted server

Relay Servers?

can i download lxce serv.exe

OLK 2k7