Selecting sub-folders

How do I select multiple sub-folders for moving at the same time? Rather than
doing it one by one?

Thanks

mswart wrote:

> How do I select multiple sub-folders for moving at the same time? Rather than
> doing it one by one?
>
> Thanks

Just like you do and have done in Windows Explorer: drag the parent folder
and all the child folders tag along.
0
VanguardLH

faq: How to obtain the select plain text?
Hi, Just like the notepade.exe in windows, I type some plain text and select it using mouse with left button pressed, and copy it to the clipboard by select copy command in the menu Edit. How to do that? Thanks very much. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/80db3kax(VS.80).aspx http://www.codeproject.com/editctrl/editctrltutorial.asp Also, take a look at CEdit::Copy() CEdit::Paste() CEdit::Cut(). They should do what you'd like. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/75bh1f1t(VS.80).aspx Tom "fcvcnet" <fcvcnet@163.com> wrote in message news:fhb5as$ghh$1@ne...

Selecting Lines not Shapes ... how?
I'm new to Visio 2003, but have had long experience with Visio before a Microsoft product. I want to select all Lines but not the shapes (or visa versa). I can't find this level of control in Visio 2003. Is it available somewhere, or in controlled by a setting (or macro)? My hunch this not available. If this true, then then why was this ever removed? -- Hope this is useful to you. Let us know. rms What method did you select lines in a previous Visio version? I'm not aware of one. If your line are on a different layer than the other shapes in the drawing, you can cho...

mailbox.pst is not a personal folders file
Hello, One of my users receives the following message when he tries to open up his Microsoft Outlook 2000: The action could not be completed. The file ...\mailbox.pst is not a personal folders file. It was working earlier in the day how could mailbox.pst not be a personal folders file anymore? What can I do to make it a personal folders file again? Thanks. Make sure the path is correct. If outlook is trying to load from a path to the user's profile, and that profile has changed, been moved, copied, etc. the path will be wrong. So, Double-check that full path, and search the...

My selections are locked--how do I unlock them?
I'm using Microsoft Office Home and Student 2007 and the bottom of my page says that my selections are locked. This happens when I try to do anything. The only thing I can do is open a document, but it won't let me type or copy or anything like that. Also, little paragraph symbols have appeared all over my page. Is it a trial copy that has expired? If so, time to buy. Is it a retail copy that hasn't been actived? "ChikiMongo" <ChikiMongo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B791BF17-B602-4297-9AED-FB3FF4F976D9@microsoft.com... : I'm...

password protect outlook personal folder
I have protected my Outlook 2002 personal folder at work according to the instructions from MS Office Online Assistance (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA011138511033.aspx) and it worked fine. I have tried the same procedure at home, but I still gain access to the folder without any password after restarting outlook. The "checked password" option is off course cleared. Any ideas? Thanks B�rd B�rd <bspost@online.no> wrote: > I have protected my Outlook 2002 personal folder at work according to > the instructions from MS Office Online Assista...

Links do not work in junk mail folder
Dear readers: I've noticed that the hyperlinks do not work on the messages sent to my junk folder and also, the images are not available. If I un junk a message or drag it to my inbox, both of the former behavior is reversed. Why does this happen and how can I undo this. That's by design, as a security feture.=20 You've already found the solution -- moving the item to another folder.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 ...

How to get one field to update based on a selection from a drop do
New to Access. I want to create a form that coworkers can use to lookup information in a database for inputting data into a PO as well as submit new records into the database. I want to have a control that is a combo drop down box where the can select a row from a list of items in a specified field and based on that selection it will update the below text box control with the corresponding data in the field next to it on the database. Make sense? Basically need to figure out how to update one control based on data selected from the drop down box control above it??? Private Sub...

Finding the folder?
I used to use windowns 98se and was able to find the folder which contained the things for the outbox, sent items and such. I used to just delete those and it would erase all the stuff in the folders. I'm using windows xp and can't seem to figure out how to do it. Anyone know what folder they are in? Make sure you include hidden and system files and folders when searching for pst-file. By default it is located in C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\ You can also locate the file by using Rightclick the root folder (probably Ou...

How to select a sheet and input data into certain cells
I have 36 sheets, sheet1 is my menu, also on sheet1 I created in colum AB1=1stQTR AC1=2ndQtr AD1=3rdQTR AE1=4thQT AA2=2004 Sheet2 Sheet3 etc . . . AA3=2005 Sheet6 Sheet AA4=2006 Sheet8 Sheet AA5=2007 Sheet4 Sheet I would like to be able to select a year and a quarter and it goes to the sheet, i.e 2005 2ndQtr goes to sheet5 and in a couple of cells input 2005 and 1st Quarter I would also like to be able to print sheet5 and ask me if I want to print it agai or close and upon closing go back to sheet Is there an...

favorite folders disappear...
When I create favorite folders, they stay for the session but disappear when I exit outlook. I have to re-enter them again Thank Yo Peter W. ...

Is there a tool for Exchange 2003 or 2007 to create Public Folder
Is there a tool for Exchange 2003 or 2007 to create Public folders as well as data within those folders for test purposes? thanks in advance On Mon, 5 Mar 2007 12:09:20 -0800, RP <RP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a tool for Exchange 2003 or 2007 to create Public folders as well as >data within those folders for test purposes? > >thanks in advance OUtlook is a good one. Its actually for performance purposes. I'm looking for a tool to create a large amount of test data. Is there a programatic way to do this through Outlook? "Andy David {MVP}&qu...

Option Box radio button wont select
I'm must be missing something very simple but... I have an option box in the footer of a continous form. I'll use the option box to set the filter property on the continous form. The problem is the first radio buttton in the group is selected when the form opens and I'm not able to select any of the options. The option group is unbound, nothing in the Control source. Also if I remove the default value of 1 I am not able to select any radio buttons in the group. Thanks, Rick I would create a second option group next to the 1st, make it just basic, ie don't go to fancy ...

Previously permitted folders will not delete
Using Outlook 2000, I have found that when User A has been given permission to access User B's folder(s), then User B removes the permissions for User A to access the folder(s) any longer, User A's Outlook setup will still show User B's folder(s) in their list of accessible folders when in option File => Open => "folder". Is there a way to delete the no longer accessible folder from the list? Thx. Check out http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;292024&Product=out -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professiona...

Change default view of OWA folders
Is there a way to change the default view of OWA folders? I want to use 'messages'as default view. Is there a way to change the view of multiple public folders in one go? PremP ...

how to copy data in folder to ThumbDriv and use in other computer
I've tried to copy data in outlook folders (from office computer unit) to thumbdrive in order to re-paste to another computer (at home) and can read the data again? Please kindly advice/ suggest Answered daily. The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup or transfer: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm http://www.howto-outlook.com/Howto/backupandrestore.htm http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HA010771141033.aspx -- Russ V...

Canceling ObjectDataSource selecting event
Hi, I want to evaluate parameters passed by ListView to ObjectDataSource and cancel this event in a case of error. If I set Cancel property of the ObjectDataSourceSelectingEventArgs to true, my ListView is completly wiped out - it will not be generated at all. Other controls on a web page are displayed just fine. Why is this happening? Thanks, Lubomir ...

Case select question
Hi I have a case select code on my listbox. The listbox is called ReportID, I have an event procedure on dbl click. But when I dbl click the selection nothing happens. I have 2 columes of information that is shown in the list box, column 1 has report name, column 2 has report description. I put the report name in the case selection; from the table were reportID pulls information from did I write down the correct field information? Can anyone help me out? Private Sub ReportID_DblClick(Cancel As Integer) On Error GoTo handleErr Select Case Me!ReportID Case "Supply Plant Flour&...

Public Folder Permission
I want to give an user owner access to the already available public folder. I have access to exchange system manager. Can I just add his name in the "Client Permssions" and choose the Owner role? Can someone confirm this pls? Thanks. Yes, that's ok. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchangeblog.com "Swa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1d4bc01c453bf$94199520$a101280a@phx.gbl... > I want to give an user owner access to the already > available public folder. I have access t...

Default printing selection
Is there a way to set the "Entire Workbook" selection in the print dialogue box as the default, instead of having to choose manually? Thanks. ...

viewing public "Folder 1-1"
Okay- I want to find out how to view the "folder 1-1" that contains the Public folder Hierarchy in PF store with any tools -So far i tried with MFCMAPI and MDBview32 - it does not show the folder -If you know please let me know --- thanks Jaxy ...

Public folder replication #23
I have a exchange 2000 Ent with public folders. I have a new Exch 2003 server. I am trying to get the public folders to replicate to the new server. I set up replication but nothing. Part of the problem is the free/busy info is also not replicating. Any Help? Can you send messages between the servers? How long have you waited? This is not instantaneous. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Hector" <Hector@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8E377F4F-7F89-461F-B3A5-8A4D370CA716@microsoft.com... > ...

Subquery select field from previous record
I have the following table setup Table Name - tblInventoryCounts Field Names - Store Number, Count Date, Item name, Count Amount Sample Data Store Number Count date Item Name Count Amount 9 1/4/2010 Gear 10 9 1/11/2010 Gear 18 9 1/18/2010 Gear 18 I have a parameter query where the user is asked for the store number and Count Date. I need for the query to return the information for the date entered and the Count Amount from 7 ...

Deselect one of many non-adjacent rows selected
If you are going through a worksheet and selecting several rows to, for example, delete them and you accidentally select a row you didn't mean to, is there a way to deselect just that one row? I noticed that CTRL clicking on the row again does not do the trick. Thanks!! Nicolle Very annoying feature. You can add a couple of Chip Pearson macros to your Personal.xls that will allow the unchecking of a mistake. Assign to a button or to the right-click menu. See this thread for the macros and instructions for adding an item to the right-click menu. http://snipurl.com/bxoj Gord D...

Configuring Folder Redirection
I created a folder off the root of a Windows 2008 member server called "Users". Set the share and NTFS permissions per this MS article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/274443 ( the steps are below) Created a test OU, set the policy to create a folder for each user under the root and specified \\ServerName\Users. Set redirection for My Documents and Desktop. Added a test account called testuser. The redirection worked fine. Did the same thing with my Domain Admin account. All good. But there are a couple things that were unexcpected; - after testuser had logged...

Offline Folders #8
Hi, I have followed the instructions in help to set my outlook 2000 inbox (and sub-folders) to offline (C:\Documents and Settings\...\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost). My reading of the microsoft knowledge base articles was that this would give me a max of 2Gb. However I am still getting emails from my system administrator that my inbox is over limits (18Mb - which is just 3 or 4 Excel attachments). Is it possible to get Outlook 2000 to store my inbox only on my hard drive? Thanks in advance, Kai Richmond All of your default folders are synched to the ....