Rules and Reply-to E-Mail addresses

I have tried searching through the solved questions listed here and did not
find anything that solved my problem, but please let me know if there's
something I've missed!

I receive many e-mails from example@theirdomain.com.
The e-mails have a different reply-to address from the one above.
Now normally, I click reply on each of the hundreds of emails, and paste in
the same response. This works fine, but is time consuming.
I thought I could use a rule to simplify the whole process.

My problem is, in my rule, when I select reply using specific template, it
replies to the "From" address of the original e-mail, not the "Reply to"
address.

The "from" address is a generic mailbox at @theirdomain.com.
The "reply-to" address is a specific mailbox of a person -
someone@anydomain.com.

These people are not in my contacts, so that's not an option either.

I'm a bit out of touch with writing a script to do what I need, but I'm
willing to try anything!

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

Jane.

Jane, with SAM you can achieve that: Add the generic address to your
contacts, and in SAM create an address rule for that contact. The current
version doesn't automatically reply to the email , but it can insert your
response by using a signature. So you'd just have to click Reply, then Send.

For more details please click the link in my signature, and see VBOffice
SAM.

--
Best regards
Michael Bauer - MVP Outlook

Am Wed, 7 Apr 2010 15:47:01 -0700 schrieb JW:

> I have tried searching through the solved questions listed here and did
not
> find anything that solved my problem, but please let me know if there's
> something I've missed!
>
> I receive many e-mails from example@theirdomain.com.
> The e-mails have a different reply-to address from the one above.
> Now normally, I click reply on each of the hundreds of emails, and paste
in
> the same response. This works fine, but is time consuming.
> I thought I could use a rule to simplify the whole process.
>
> My problem is, in my rule, when I select reply using specific template, it
> replies to the "From" address of the original e-mail, not the "Reply to"
> address.
>
> The "from" address is a generic mailbox at @theirdomain.com.
> The "reply-to" address is a specific mailbox of a person -
> someone@anydomain.com.
>
> These people are not in my contacts, so that's not an option either.
>
> I'm a bit out of touch with writing a script to do what I need, but I'm
> willing to try anything!
>
> Any ideas would be most appreciated.
>
> Thank you.
>
> Jane.
0
Michael

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Do not reply to delivery receipts
I need to block delivery receipts. We already know how to do read receipts. It appears it's not that easy when you have Outlook 2003 clients and Exchange 2003 Ent SP1. Any suggestions out there? Thanks for the help. -pepe ...

Setting up a new e-mail account

Replying to an Outlook e-mail

question on the rules wizard
When clikcing on the Rules Wizard, Outlook locks up - consistently. Has anyone got a remedy for this? Thank you, rich rpage@concerto.com ...

Outlook Rule to Forward with Secure Delivery
I need to automatically forward messages to an outside vendor with secure delivery. I'd like to set up a rule to do this for me, but I'm not finding away to be able to forward the message using secure delivery. Can you please tell me how to do this? Thank you Chris ChrisH <ChrisH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to automatically forward messages to an outside vendor with > secure delivery. I'd like to set up a rule to do this for me, but > I'm not finding away to be able to forward the message using secure > delivery. Can you please tell me...

Outllok 2003 reply with wrong account
Howdy - I have Outlook 2003. For some reason my new pc has started doing the same thing as my previous one. I have 5 email accounts. When a person sends me an email to my default account and I reply, it comes from another account. In theory (and it did until the last couple of days) it should come from the account I received the email in.... I change the smtp settings on the accounts as I travel a lot, but other than that I haven't changed anything that I know of to cause this - anyone had the same problem, or better yet - know how to fixt it???!!! Thanks in advance Ron ...

Duplicate E-Mail #4

Rules Troubleshooting?
I am trying to create a rule that will block messages containing the Swen Virus. The way I am trying to do it is by creating a rule that checks the email after it's downloading for keywords in the subject line. However, once i've created the rule it says "you dont have appropriate permission to perform this operation" Does anyone know how to resolve this problem or what could be causing it I too have been messing around with a rule to remove these Swen virus messages. I figured out that they are either 104 or 113 KB so I set up a rule to remove e-mails of these sizes b...

Odd e-mail duplication problem

proper casing mail merge
Hi All, I have a mail merge document where all the information is in ALL CAPS. Is there a quick way to turn into Proper casing? Thanks, rodchar Select the whole text, Format, Change Case, you will now have various options to choose from. Also, note that Shft+F3 toggles between no caps, Initial caps, and all caps. -- Hope this helps DeanH "rodchar" wrote: > Hi All, > > I have a mail merge document where all the information is in ALL CAPS. Is > there a quick way to turn into Proper casing? > > Thanks, > rodchar thanks, that help...

LDAP Address Book
I use LDAP for my address book lookup. When I try to lookup an address it comes back with "Unable to display results because too many entries in the Internet Directory match your search criteria" Any ideas what is wrong? It works just fine in Windows 2000 but not with XP. ...