Remove 'Non Commercial Use' in Outlook title bar

QUESTION: - How to easily & quickly remove the 'non
commercial use' in the title bar for a newly installed version of office
professional 2007?

BACKGROUND
I am running Windows 7 and have the Office
Professional 2007 on dvd.
My new laptop was pre-installed with office 2007.
I did not un-install this, I just put in my new office
2007 professional dvd and completed the installation.
Everything works, however, outlook (only outlook)
displays the 'non-commercial use' in the title bar.  I
have no entry for office 2007 in the add/remove
programs.  The only entry is for my new office professional 2007.  So I
cannot now uninstall the 'trial version' that came with the laptop.

ANSWER ?
I could backup my pst file and uninstall office and
clean out all registry entries.  Then re-install office professional 2007,
put back my pst file and add in my 10 different email accounts again.  But
honestly, this would be a pain.  So is there an easier way to do this or at
least  a way to backup the settings of my outlook email accounts (export)?

Thanks
Patrick

I'm not sure if its in the registry or a dat file on the hard drive....
As long as everything remains identical, export the keys at
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows
Messaging Subsystem  then clean the registry.  I'm pretty sure you could
leave that key alone - it just has the profile.

Before doing all that, I'd browse the registry in the area mentioned in the
following article.  You might be able to find the key that controls it
there.
http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/new_cdkey.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"Patrick Moran" <PatrickMoran@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> QUESTION: - How to easily & quickly remove the 'non
> commercial use' in the title bar for a newly installed version of office
> professional 2007?
>
> BACKGROUND
> I am running Windows 7 and have the Office
> Professional 2007 on dvd.
> My new laptop was pre-installed with office 2007.
> I did not un-install this, I just put in my new office
> 2007 professional dvd and completed the installation.
> Everything works, however, outlook (only outlook)
> displays the 'non-commercial use' in the title bar.  I
> have no entry for office 2007 in the add/remove
> programs.  The only entry is for my new office professional 2007.  So I
> cannot now uninstall the 'trial version' that came with the laptop.
>
> ANSWER ?
> I could backup my pst file and uninstall office and
> clean out all registry entries.  Then re-install office professional 2007,
> put back my pst file and add in my 10 different email accounts again.  But
> honestly, this would be a pain.  So is there an easier way to do this or
> at
> least  a way to backup the settings of my outlook email accounts (export)?
>
> Thanks
> Patrick

0
Diane

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Colored Scroll bars
Hi, We would like to change background color of all scroll bar components in our ..Net application, but change should apply to all controls in our application. I mean not only ScrollBar controls explicitly used, but scroll bars in tree, listview, combo and third-party controls etc. We even have MFC control used through managed c++ wrapper with its own scroll bars. Is there some way to do it (subclassing windows, application-wide hook, etc) ? We can code it Win32 pure if it helps. Alexander Arlievsky. Scroll bars in list controls, tree controls, etc. are not "real" scroll bars, bu...

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

using the journal on outlook

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems