recurring appointments

Can I / How do I change a recurring appointment from a specific point forward?

IOW I want to change the name and possible the category, but not the time
slot.

it seems that changing the name at one point of a series changes it it in
ALL dates past present and future.

thanks

"GAK" <GAK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Can I / How do I change a recurring appointment from a specific point
> forward?
>
> IOW I want to change the name and possible the category, but not the time
> slot.
>
> it seems that changing the name at one point of a series changes it it in
> ALL dates past present and future.

That's because recurring items are single entries.  Making certain changes,
like recurrence end, will cause Outlook to regenerate the entire series.   See
this:
<http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.outlook.general/msg/29bdbe148dfb031f>
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
Brian

? Appointment reoccurance issue ?
Greetings, Whenever I create an appointment or meeting OL 2003 always schedules it once per week - perpetually, even if my intention is to only have the appointment or meeting once. If I try to remove the reoccurance, it appears to let me but all the weekly dates remain. I have been using outlook versions for years, it was not till OL 2003 that I started running into this issue. Thanks in advance, AndreH New Dell? If yes, look in Control Panel->Add/Remove programs and remove = Cyberlink Outlookaddinsetup. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep th...

Numbering Recurring Items
Hey all, Is it possible to number recurring items such as tasks and appointments? I have several recurring appointments for lectures, and would like to show them as "Lecture 1" in week/occurence 01, "Lecture 2" in week/occurance 2, etc. Thanks, Murdoc -- Murdoc ## ------------------------ "The journey of 1000 miles begins with a broken fan belt and a leaky tyre." "Duct tape is like The Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together." "If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." -Albert Einstein &...

Delay in seeing appointment
Outlook 2000 I use vba in Acess to write appointments from a starting date to a finish date. When I switch to Outlook to see them they don't appear right away. They show up "after awhile." Anything I can do to make them appear sooner? Why do they delay? Thanks. ...

Moving Appointments in Calendar...
Hi , I use calendar mainly for showing my jobs, tasks and notes, because I can move them around from day to day. I frequently get a backlog of these daily calender entries, and would like to move them forward in time, instead of them being 3 weeks back in the calendar. Is there an easy way to move 10 or 15 of these entries at a time? I can use the shift button, but I have to "pick" every entry individually that way. I wish there was a "select all" for a day's entries. Any better techniqies for moving them? Thanks, Steve (Office 2007, WinXP SP2) ...

Reoccuring appointments in Outlook
How do I indicate on the callander the number of the appointment in a reoccuring appointment. For example if I have a reoccuring appointment that has eight instances How can I Indicate on the first instance the number 1 and on the second instance the number 2 ect... Also if I have to cancel a appointment and add one to the end of the reoccurance pattern how do I not lose the information on each individual occurane in the whole series ...

Outlook only syncs TWO MONTHS past appointments
I use Outlook for contacts, calendar, tasks and notes. Not for email. I need to move my data among four different PCs and it MUST be current and accurate on my PDA (iPaq 3715, PPC2002SE). What I'd like to do is keep my PDA current and just sync it (via ActiveSync 3.8) to update various instances of Outlook. When I get to an outdated Outlook I rename Outlook.pst, create a new (blank, empty) Outlook.pst file and do a sync. This works fine with ONE EXCEPTION. Outlook syncs all contacts, notes and tasks but ONLY SYNCS TWO MONTHS' OF PAST APPOINTMENTS. Why??? I turned off Auto...

creating a recurring reminder email message
I want to create a reminder message that gets emailed to a distribution list on the same date every month. How can we do that? ...

appointment 08-06-07
hi message before keeping the appointment, to avoid to keep two appointments in the same date. thanks ...

Differnece between task and appointment #2
What is the difference between what a task and an appointment do?? Which one is better for home use? Kids school, vacations, etc. Thanks ...

CRM 3 - Create Appointment on Lead creation
Hi everyone I need an Appointment to be automatically created upon the creation of a new Lead. So I'm aiming to use a postCreate callout, but am open to suggestions. I really want to get this done before the weekend if possible so would appreciate as much help as possible. Thanks Steve I would create the appointment using a workflow rule that fires when a lead is created. Do you have a compelling reason to use a callout instead of workflow? -- Richard Riddle CRM Developer Autonomix "Kennaird" wrote: > Hi everyone > > I need an Appointment to be automatically...

Changing multiple appointment times
I have hundreds of appointments and would like to move them back one hour. I know there is a link in microsofts support site that lets you change the time zone without changing appointment times. However, recurring appointments are not supported by that method. Does anyone know of a way to move all my appointments back one hour? ...

Cannot delete recurring appointments
I have Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. I have one user that cannot delete or save recurring appointments. The error received is that Not enough memory exists. I know that there is a hotfix for this issue, but is there any other way around this?? Don't schedule recurring appointments? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "webby" <webby@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99600A63-F159-416B-8597-670414252192@microsoft.com... >I have Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003. I have one user that cannot delete ...

Why does my calendar delete appointments after 6 months?
My outlook calendar seems to delete any items from the past after 6 months? How do I stop it doing this. I'm sure this didn't happen before I had my Blackberry. I don't use an Exchange Server. Can anyone help? "Bunny" <Bunny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EE637247-B076-436A-8418-9583F8A25EE0@microsoft.com... > My outlook calendar seems to delete any items from the past after 6 months? > How do I stop it doing this. I'm sure this didn't happen before I had my > Blackberry. I don't use an Exchange Server. Can ...

Reminders for deleted appointments
Hi, I have created some recurring appointments with the default reminder. Later, I have deleted that appointments. However, the associate reminder still popups. How can I delete these reminders? Thanks start outlook using the /cleanreminders switch http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/switches.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ Outlook Tips by email: dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net Outlook Tips: http...

deleting appointment and sync Outlook
Hi, THe sync with Outlook works when we create an appointment: from outlook to CRM, and from CRM to outlook. But when we delete this appointment (from CRM or outlook), it doesn't sync. Is it normal ? That means that we keep the appointment for exemple on Outlook if we delete it on CRM (and the same from Outlook to CRM). Thanks JC JC, Yes, this is normal, at least from my experience. When you track something in CRM it creates a separate instance of your record (appointment, task, or contact) and acts independently of the other record in regards to deletion. If you update infor...

Appointments in CRM forcing regarding contact to attend
Hello, I have a very strange issue. When I create an appointment for a contact in CRM and Sync to outlook it forces the contact as required in outlok even if I add the contact as optional in CRM. But when I do the same thing in another MS CRM implementation it does not force the contact as a required attendee. The real issue is the scheduler moves the appointments around until they find the best schedule for everyone then he emails everyone the final appointment time. But now, everytime he moves the appointment in Outlook the stupid thing emails the contact everytime. So if the ...

how to change recurring event
I have a task that was originally set to recur each month on the same day of the month. I need to modify that date. How do I change a recurring event? I am using Outlook 2002. ...

Tracking appointments entered by a Delegate
I have a new assistant who has the duty to enter certain appointments and tasks in my calendar (trial dates, summary judgment deadlines). There seems to be a problem with these dates being entered incorrectly, so I would like to track the appointments she enters as a delegate to my account. I thought I could create a rule that flags appointments she enters but I can't seem to make the rule apply to appointments rather than inbox messages. Any suggestions? Thanks Sandy Rules only work with mail items. If you need to see items created by the delegate, display the calendar in table form...

Recurring apointments error
I see the following event in the application log: Event Type: Error Event Source: EXCDO Event ID: 8232 Description: The processing of the recurring appointment with the subject "IT Staff mtg-cb" in public folder: Admin 114 failed with error code 0x8004010f. This appointment will not be visible in the web client or other non-MAPI client. This error occurs several times, each with a different appointment and different calendar. The moderator of the calendar (this is a public folder calendar that is moderated) recieves emails containing the recurring appointments (which freaks ...

User Gets NDR from Attendee not Listed in Appointment
User Gets NDR from Attendee not Listed in Appointment This happens when recipient has delegates that no longer exist in AD. Normally you would just delete the delegate but I have a hidden delegate problem. Delegate window is empty but still get these NDRs. How do I get rid of hidden delegates? run Outlook with the /cleanrules switch on the mailbox where the delegate used to exist...make certain to save any existing rules so they can be re-added later... -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Shawn" <Shawn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:37F71A41-B2E0-49EC-A1EB-...

Dummy appointments
When I launch Outlook an "appointment" is created and the automatically deleted. For exampl,e if I sign on at 10:52am and "apointment: entry dated from 11:00 am to 11:30am on that date will appear in the Deleted Items file. If I log off and log on again at say 11:01 a similar entry timed at 1!:30am to 12:00pm will appear. The entry is always one half hour starting with the next available time at eith 0:00 or 0:30. At the end of the day I can have dozens of such bogus appointments in the Deleted Items folder. No one on my IT department can figure how, or why, this occ...

calendar not printing non-recurring appointments
All of a sudden, my daily calendar view is not printing non-recurring appointments. Even when I see all appointments on my screen, when it prints, it only prints the recurring appointments. I had no problem with printing all my appointments every day until a couple of days ago. I can't figure out how to fix it. Help! Version please? Service Pack Level? How were the recurring appointments added to your calendar? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: ht...

Outlook 2K3
Just took over management of a small peer-to-peer network today. Outlook 2k3 on Win XP SP2, POPping e-mail from ISP mail server. Client has a couple of workers who make appointments for their sales people to visit customers. They make the appointment in their local calendars and Invite Attendees, who are contained in a local Contacts distribution list. These invites are then sent and POPped down to the other workers who need to see these appointments in their calendars, too. They have a rule configured which moves these invites to an "appointments received" folder where th...

Dropped Active Appointments/Recurring Appointments
I'm using my outlook to manage many appointments (single as well as recurring meetings). Over the past few weeks, I'm noticing that some are simply disappearing/dropping off my calendar. Anyone know why this happens and if I can prevent it? I can sense a major catastrophe in the making. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to what drops off???? Help! ...

recurring SOP invoices
Does anyone know a way to produce repetitive invoices within the SOP invoicing module? I want to produce annual software maintenance invoices without having to enter all information each time. I will be producing 1,000+ invoices, so automating the process is important. Thanx, We're also in the same business and had been using Encore's Recurring Invoice (www.encorebusiness.com) -- Microsoft Dynamics GP MVP http://ddelprado.blogspot.com "Brad" wrote: > Does anyone know a way to produce repetitive invoices within the SOP > invoicing module? I want to produc...