Re-using Contacts/PAB file

A user had to have Windows XP re-installed.  Outlook 2003, POP3 email.  I 
saved the PST file and the PAB file.

- Re-installed Windows.

- Setup Outlook, and imported the old PST.  Set the old PST as the default 
file, and removed the mailbox/PST that was created when I initially setup 
Outlook.

- Found instructions on the net on importing the PAB file for her Contacts. 
Everything seem to go ok, it appeared to import, gave the status bar going 
across the screen, but when it was done, no Contacts.

I thought maybe the profile was corrupt.   Deleted the profile, created a 
new one, and imported again.  Same thing, no Contacts.  Tried it on another 
computer.  Same thing.

Her Contacts were working fine.  The only thing that was done was to copy 
the PAB file from one computer to another.  What am I missing here?  Is 
there another way to some how export the Contacts that are in this PAB file?

Thanks. 


0
JohnB
5/27/2010 3:05:32 PM
outlook.general 7254 articles. 4 followers. Follow

6 Replies
865 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 1

Contacts have not been stored in a pab-file for several versions. Most 
likely the contacts were stored in the Contacts folder all along and the 
pab-file that the user had was empty.

You should not have imported from the original pst-file. Simply reconnect to 
it in Outlook via;
File-> Open-> Outlook Data File...

That is of course assuming that you backed up the original pst-file and not 
created an export and did not select to export the Contacts folder as well.

-- 
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
http://www.howto-outlook.com/
Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more

http://www.msoutlook.info/
Real World Questions, Real World Answers

-----

"JohnB" <jbrigan@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
news:uvteP4a$KHA.1448@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> A user had to have Windows XP re-installed.  Outlook 2003, POP3 email.  I 
> saved the PST file and the PAB file.
>
> - Re-installed Windows.
>
> - Setup Outlook, and imported the old PST.  Set the old PST as the default 
> file, and removed the mailbox/PST that was created when I initially setup 
> Outlook.
>
> - Found instructions on the net on importing the PAB file for her 
> Contacts. Everything seem to go ok, it appeared to import, gave the status 
> bar going across the screen, but when it was done, no Contacts.
>
> I thought maybe the profile was corrupt.   Deleted the profile, created a 
> new one, and imported again.  Same thing, no Contacts.  Tried it on 
> another computer.  Same thing.
>
> Her Contacts were working fine.  The only thing that was done was to copy 
> the PAB file from one computer to another.  What am I missing here?  Is 
> there another way to some how export the Contacts that are in this PAB 
> file?
>
> Thanks.
> 
0
Roady
5/27/2010 3:17:07 PM
> You should not have imported from the original pst-file. Simply reconnect 
> to it in Outlook via;
> File-> Open-> Outlook Data File
I used the term "imported" but yes... this is actually the steps I used.

And yes, I just copied the original PST to the network, and then after 
re-installing Windows, copied it back to the default folder for Outlook.

If Contacts weren't stored in the PAB, then shouldn't they have been in the 
PST?




"Roady [MVP]" <newsgroups_DELETE_@_DELETE_sparnaaij_NO_._SPAM_net> wrote in 
message news:%23lQE1%23a$KHA.5808@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Contacts have not been stored in a pab-file for several versions. Most 
> likely the contacts were stored in the Contacts folder all along and the 
> pab-file that the user had was empty.
>
> You should not have imported from the original pst-file. Simply reconnect 
> to it in Outlook via;
> File-> Open-> Outlook Data File...
>
> That is of course assuming that you backed up the original pst-file and 
> not created an export and did not select to export the Contacts folder as 
> well.
>
> -- 
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
> Real World Questions, Real World Answers
>
> -----
>
> "JohnB" <jbrigan@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
> news:uvteP4a$KHA.1448@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> A user had to have Windows XP re-installed.  Outlook 2003, POP3 email.  I 
>> saved the PST file and the PAB file.
>>
>> - Re-installed Windows.
>>
>> - Setup Outlook, and imported the old PST.  Set the old PST as the 
>> default file, and removed the mailbox/PST that was created when I 
>> initially setup Outlook.
>>
>> - Found instructions on the net on importing the PAB file for her 
>> Contacts. Everything seem to go ok, it appeared to import, gave the 
>> status bar going across the screen, but when it was done, no Contacts.
>>
>> I thought maybe the profile was corrupt.   Deleted the profile, created a 
>> new one, and imported again.  Same thing, no Contacts.  Tried it on 
>> another computer.  Same thing.
>>
>> Her Contacts were working fine.  The only thing that was done was to copy 
>> the PAB file from one computer to another.  What am I missing here?  Is 
>> there another way to some how export the Contacts that are in this PAB 
>> file?
>>
>> Thanks.
>> 


0
JohnB
5/27/2010 4:05:07 PM
"JohnB" <jbrigan@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
news:ehHLiZb$KHA.1892@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...

> I used the term "imported" but yes... this is actually the steps I used.
>
> And yes, I just copied the original PST to the network, and then after 
> re-installing Windows, copied it back to the default folder for Outlook.

That does nothing to reconnect the PST to the mail profile.  Outlook doesn't 
automatically open PSTs stored in that directory.

> If Contacts weren't stored in the PAB, then shouldn't they have been in the 
> PST?

Yes.  Did you look in the Contacts folder?  What do you see when you click the 
Contacts folder in the Navivgation pane?
-- 
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] 

0
Brian
5/27/2010 4:17:58 PM
> That does nothing to reconnect the PST to the mail profile.  Outlook 
> doesn't automatically open PSTs stored in that directory.
I realize that.  I was answering Roady's comment about "not exporting".  I 
did not export the mailbox.  I copied it to a server, re-installed Windows, 
copied it back to the default local folder, and THEN used the steps in 
Roady's post.

> Yes.  Did you look in the Contacts folder?  What do you see when you click 
> the Contacts folder in the Navivgation pane?
> -- 
I didn't look in her contact folder before re-installing Windows.  I 
couldn't.  But after re-installing and windows, and following the above 
mentioned steps, her Contacts folder is now empty.




"Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
news:O0CFtgb$KHA.4316@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> "JohnB" <jbrigan@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
> news:ehHLiZb$KHA.1892@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>
>> I used the term "imported" but yes... this is actually the steps I used.
>>
>> And yes, I just copied the original PST to the network, and then after 
>> re-installing Windows, copied it back to the default folder for Outlook.
>
> That does nothing to reconnect the PST to the mail profile.  Outlook 
> doesn't automatically open PSTs stored in that directory.
>
>> If Contacts weren't stored in the PAB, then shouldn't they have been in 
>> the PST?
>
> Yes.  Did you look in the Contacts folder?  What do you see when you click 
> the Contacts folder in the Navivgation pane?
> -- 
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] 


0
JohnB
5/27/2010 4:36:05 PM
Having set up Outlook if you then copied to the default folder you will 
likely have corrupted the data file, assuming it was named outlook.pst, in 
overwriting the origonal.

"JohnB" <jbrigan@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
news:OqAL1qb$KHA.5808@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> That does nothing to reconnect the PST to the mail profile.  Outlook 
>> doesn't automatically open PSTs stored in that directory.
> I realize that.  I was answering Roady's comment about "not exporting".  I 
> did not export the mailbox.  I copied it to a server, re-installed 
> Windows, copied it back to the default local folder, and THEN used the 
> steps in Roady's post.
>
>> Yes.  Did you look in the Contacts folder?  What do you see when you 
>> click the Contacts folder in the Navivgation pane?
>> -- 
> I didn't look in her contact folder before re-installing Windows.  I 
> couldn't.  But after re-installing and windows, and following the above 
> mentioned steps, her Contacts folder is now empty.
>
>
>
>
> "Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
> news:O0CFtgb$KHA.4316@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>> "JohnB" <jbrigan@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
>> news:ehHLiZb$KHA.1892@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>
>>> I used the term "imported" but yes... this is actually the steps I used.
>>>
>>> And yes, I just copied the original PST to the network, and then after 
>>> re-installing Windows, copied it back to the default folder for Outlook.
>>
>> That does nothing to reconnect the PST to the mail profile.  Outlook 
>> doesn't automatically open PSTs stored in that directory.
>>
>>> If Contacts weren't stored in the PAB, then shouldn't they have been in 
>>> the PST?
>>
>> Yes.  Did you look in the Contacts folder?  What do you see when you 
>> click the Contacts folder in the Navivgation pane?
>> -- 
>> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>
> 
0
DL
5/27/2010 6:42:16 PM
No I didn't do that either.  I left the original.  Also renaming the old one 
to outlook1.pst, copying it to the default location, and then making it the 
default data file.


"DL" <invalid@nowhere.com> wrote in message 
news:%23rKijxc$KHA.4308@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
> Having set up Outlook if you then copied to the default folder you will 
> likely have corrupted the data file, assuming it was named outlook.pst, in 
> overwriting the origonal.
>
> "JohnB" <jbrigan@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
> news:OqAL1qb$KHA.5808@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>>> That does nothing to reconnect the PST to the mail profile.  Outlook 
>>> doesn't automatically open PSTs stored in that directory.
>> I realize that.  I was answering Roady's comment about "not exporting". 
>> I did not export the mailbox.  I copied it to a server, re-installed 
>> Windows, copied it back to the default local folder, and THEN used the 
>> steps in Roady's post.
>>
>>> Yes.  Did you look in the Contacts folder?  What do you see when you 
>>> click the Contacts folder in the Navivgation pane?
>>> -- 
>> I didn't look in her contact folder before re-installing Windows.  I 
>> couldn't.  But after re-installing and windows, and following the above 
>> mentioned steps, her Contacts folder is now empty.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> "Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
>> news:O0CFtgb$KHA.4316@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...
>>> "JohnB" <jbrigan@yahoo.com> wrote in message 
>>> news:ehHLiZb$KHA.1892@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>
>>>> I used the term "imported" but yes... this is actually the steps I 
>>>> used.
>>>>
>>>> And yes, I just copied the original PST to the network, and then after 
>>>> re-installing Windows, copied it back to the default folder for 
>>>> Outlook.
>>>
>>> That does nothing to reconnect the PST to the mail profile.  Outlook 
>>> doesn't automatically open PSTs stored in that directory.
>>>
>>>> If Contacts weren't stored in the PAB, then shouldn't they have been in 
>>>> the PST?
>>>
>>> Yes.  Did you look in the Contacts folder?  What do you see when you 
>>> click the Contacts folder in the Navivgation pane?
>>> -- 
>>> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
>>
>> 


0
JohnB
5/27/2010 7:02:05 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

contacts in 2003
Is there a way to import a list of contacts into exchange 2003 like you could with 5.5? I have several hundred addresses that I need to create and was hoping I would not have to do it manually. Any suggestions? Nancy Stevens Nstevens@tycoint.com Into AD? See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/327620 "Nancy Stevens" <nstevens@tycoint.com> wrote in message news:%23IsuBl8BGHA.628@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to import a list of contacts into exchange 2003 like you > could with 5.5? I have several hundred addresses that I need to create > and was h...

Continuous Form Use
I created a form similar to an Access form. It's for logging in phone calls and messages. Is there a way to set it up like in Access where a single form appears on 1 page but can generate subsequent pages within the file? Or is setting it up as a table the only way it can be done? Our IT contractor doesn't want me to use Access otherwise this would be a breeze. Any suggestions or help is appreciated. Thanks. You can spawn forms off a form, and access the data on that form. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "ryjack" <ryjack@disc...

GetOpenFileName + Using own dialog template
Hi. I have a question: I am using the GetOpenFileName function to display the Windows FileDialog. I want to use the EXPLORER functionality and therefore I declared the flag OFN_EXPLORER in the OPENNAME-structure. Now here is the problem: I want to use my own dialog-template instead of the standard-file-open dialog. So i wrote my own template and set the attribute templateName of the OPENNAME structur to my own template. Furthermore i activated the flag OFN_ENABLETEMPLATE. But when I call the GetOpenFileName function with these properties I get the errorcode CDERR_GENERALCODES and the dialog is...

How do I remove ~WRL0000.tmp files?
Two days ago one of my MS Word folders I was working in started to accumulate a lot of ~WRL1234.tmp files. Usually these disappear after I leave the folder, but today they're still there. How can I delete them? And how can I reset things so they don't start accumulating again? Many Thanks. See http://www.gmayor.com/what_to_do_when_word_crashes.htm. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. Tim wrote: > Two days ago one of my...

Comments using Validation input
A few days ago a question relating to comments grabbed my attention. The reply informed us that the comment in question was able to be seen by clicking the cell it was attached to and as long as that cell remained active the comment could be seen. So we have a comment which is not a comment visible only when the cell is selected as opposed to a comment which is visible when the cursor is over the cell. Sounds confusing but it achieves the result of showing a "floating" comment which remains in the same place on the screen even when it applies to a cell in a 'frozen' section a...

Receivable transactions using Integration Manager
Hi, I'm new to Integration manager and while trying to import receivable transactions of type "invoice" into Great Plains using Integration Manager, I receive the following errors: ERROR: Field 'Customer ID' does not have a default value. ERROR: Field 'Distribution.Distribution Account' does not have a default value. I am using a tab delimited text file for import. Customer Id is of the format 000001 Distr. Account is of the format 9999-999-99-99-99 Can anyone help me with this. Check each one of your mapping and make sure it says 'use source' an...

Excel 2000 tries to open unrecognizable file on startup
Hi, For the last couple of weeks, when I first open Excel I get a Microsoft Excel Error pop-up window that says "This file is not in a recognizable format....". I am uncertain what file it is trying to open, but when I click "cancel" it opens books1.xls. Which I usually ignore and go into "open file" and pick my excel file. Any idea what is going on? Win98 Excel 2000 -- Thanks - Jeff Jeff I suspect one of two things 1) Excel opens all files in it xlStart folder. Search for this and remove anything without an .xls, xlt extension 2) If you go to Tools&g...

Exchange Crash -- all we have is the ispriv.edb file
Hello all -- A client of mine never did any exchange 2003 backups, but did copy over the ispriv.edb file over to an external USB harddrive. All we want to do is pull the email out of that directory (8GB file) and put it into .pst files. Then, Ill reinstall Exchange, and open each person's mail box and copy the contents of each .PST file back to the server. My question is: If I only have the ISPRIV.EDB file, how do I get mail out of it ? Is there some super cool easy to use tool for this? ;-) Any help appreciated!! Sincerely, Blake http://wm.quest.com/products/recoverymanage...

.pst file is maxed out - HELP
Apparently I have reached the maximum size of my outlook.pst file (see attached error message). I have tried deleting items but nothing I do seems to have any effect and I continue to get the attached error message. Therefore the eMail part of Outlook is disabled. Anyone got any pointers? XP Pro SP-2/Outlook 2003. Already using .pst format for database. Thanks, No image attached. Post a link, rather than an attachment. See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/repair2gbpst.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/o...

combine multiple excel file in to one excel file and multiple worksheet
I am wanting to use the following code to combine worksheets from multiple files. However I would like to be able to select folder which contains files in a more automated way that having to change the code every time, and also copy all worksheets with links and formulas removed. Any help on this is greatly appreciated as I have limited code knowledge. Sub Copy_them() > Dim TargetWkbk As Workbook > Dim mrgWkbk As Workbook > Dim i As Long > Dim Wks As Worksheet > Dim fName As String > Application.ScreenUpdating = False > Set TargetWkbk ...

how i can change default file format Outlook uses to save message
I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu. "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML". How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages to as "Outlook Message Format - Unicode" ?????? Rajkumar <Rajkumar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I my saving message in my inbox using "File->Save As" menu. > "Save As.." dialog by default shows "Save As Type:" as "HTML". > How I can change default file format Outlook uses to save messages...

Using cell reference with logical operator in DGET expression
I am using DGET to search an array in the worksheet to find a particular percent to use in a calculation elsewhere in the spreadsheet. The row members of the array contain a series of from and to values that I use to identify which row has the percent I am looking for. I have defined the array as a range and I can use the logical operatirs with numeric values in the range criteria and everything works fine. For example, I can use <500 in the appropriate cell in range criteria to find the percent to use when the value for that column in the array is less than 500. All working f...

Mpeg Video file
Please help. When I copy and paste an Mpeg movie file / AVI file into my Publisher 2000 system i can then right click and "Change Object", "Media Clip" and "Edit" this allows me to seardch through the video to find the still frame i want and have this then inserted into the document. This works fine on my computer but on my friends computer does not work, the publisher version is the same and the imported video is the same, when he attempts to do the same it comes up with Change package and does not allow him to edit the video at all, I think there must be ...

Outlook client for CRM V3
We have a client who has users who want to make changes to the 'my contacts' local data group, so they sync their Outlook contacts with CRM. They all use the desktop client. But the save button is greyed out. They have a CRM role assigned with the Outlook sync permission and they have local admin rights. I've also checked they have write permissions to the C:\Documents and Settings\User.Name\Application Data\Microsoft\MSCRM folder and it's subfolders. What else could be disabling the save option? Becuase My Contacts is a default group, I don't think you can make c...

Missing file still....
I tried running detect and repair and reinstall. Outlook still looks for sku1ca.cab file .... Someone please HELP. -Kyle did you have different versions or suites of office installed? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com "Kyle" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1b9fc01c420fa$8a7ce410$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I tried running detec...

Multiple emails for one contact in distribution list
I have created a group to send out bi-monthly emails from my personal email account. One of the people in the group would like to have the email sent to her work email and to her personal email. I have attempted to add both email addresses to the group, and initially it does. After syncing, however, the personal email disappears from the group list because it is not the primary email listed in the contact. Is there a way to include both email addresses without creating a separate contact for just the personal email? I am running Outlook 2010 beta. My email is through Hotmai...

My excel file is too large (5 mb) when it shouldn't be, why?
I have an excel file has ballooned in size for some reason. I have tried to copy all the cells and then used "paste special" to paste just the values and the file size doesn't reduce. I am copying numbers from an investment website into my spreadsheet and there don't appear to be any issues with the pasted cells but I suspect it is causing the file size expansion and very slow performance. I then deleted all the cells around by spreadsheet and it didn't help at all. All suggestions as to how I can fix this problem appreciated. Kenview If you do a Ctl-End, does...

Re: Can anyone help me with the IF function
Hello I'm trying to help my wife with simplifying her scheduling o employees. She uses 11 different time periods (1-11) some are worth the same amount of hours others are more or less. I can us seven functions to describe the period and the value of hours it is worth, but when I consolidate the functions i says the formula is invalid. I'm sure it can be fixed by one of you excel gurus! Here are the functions IF(B13<4,"7.75") IF(B13=4,"7.25") IF(B13=5,"6.25") IF(B13=6,"7.75") IF(B13=7,"6.75") IF(B13=8,"6.25") IF(B...

External data query using MAX/SUM
I'm trying to create an external data link using Microsoft Query. Ho do I write SQL in Microsoft query that will return a max date and su an amount field for the max date only? Current SQL is as follows: SELECT DISTINCT CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN.PORTFOLIO_NAME Max(CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.POST_DATE), Sum(CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.EXPOSURE_AMT) Count(CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.NBR_AVG_MATY_YRS) FROM CB06U.CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO, CB06U.CB_PORTFOLIO_DM CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN WHERE CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN.PORTFOLIO_ID = CB_POOL_PORTFOLIO.PORTFOLIO_ID GROUP BY CB_PORTFOLIO_DMN.PORTFOLIO_NAME This returns the sum of the exp...

backup file size
I've noticed that my backup file size varies considerably. Sometimes its very close to the origonal file size and sometimes its more than 25% larger. Why? In microsoft.public.money, jerry wrote: >I've noticed that my backup file size varies >considerably. Sometimes its very close to the origonal >file size and sometimes its more than 25% larger. Why? You probably did not set Tools->Options->MakeMyFileSmall... "jerry" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:079001c39eb1$491ea150$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I've noticed that m...

How can I see which lists a contact is a member of?
Hello, In Outlook 2007, is there a way to see which distribution lists a contact is a member of? We have lots of lists. We want to be sure that if we delete a contact in a group, instead of just removing it from the group, that the contact doesn't exist in other groups as well. Even a way to export to Excel would be ok, if there's nothing else. Thanks, - Alan. The following macro in Outlook will list all the distribution lists containing the name you enter into the dialog box in a Word document Sub ListNames() Dim wdApp As Word.Application Dim wdDoc As Word.Document Dim myNameSp...

how to produce a csv file from a unicode-saved text file
Friends, I have an excel spreadsheet (version 2000) that has Japanese characters. I would like to save it as unicode text file so that I can FTP it to my unix box for loading into an Oracle database. When I save the file as unicode text, it properly preserves the characters, but using whitespace as the delimiters. I would like to change this to a csv, but when I save as the file as CSV, the Japanese characters turn into set of ?? symbols. Is there any way around to create the unicode text file with delimiters other than whitespace? Thanks for any ideas. - Sal ...

List of fonts used in a Word doc -- the easy way
The VBA scripts that I have found all implement a character-by-character scan throu= gh the document, which can take a long time in later versions of Word. You can blame Wor= d's "formatting" feature for the slowdown. There=E2=80=99s a faster way: Save the document in .rtf format, then open the .rtf fi= le in a text editor such as notepad.exe. The fonts are listed in a font table ( {\fonttb= l ) located at the very beginning of the file. Each font entry looks something like thi= s: = {\f0\froman\fprq2\fcharset0 Times New Roman;} Any entries with a character set ...

Can I import a .pdf file into publisher
I tried to copy and paste from InDesign and it did not work. Can you import any type of file into publisher. Example: .pdf or .eps No. Publisher is pretty much a stand all by itself program. If you can't copy and paste into it, you're kind of sorely out of luck. You can put pictures into a Pub file but you can't go back and edit the individual parts of them, such as text. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Graphix grl" <Graphixgrl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88493145-8B59-4131-AD33-C916D22CF63C@microsoft.com... >I tried...

Blocked and safe senders file in Outlook 2003
Hi, I am wondering where outlook 2003 saves the address that you add to the safe sender/recipient and blocked sender list. Outlook XP saved the junk senders in a file called "Junk senders" in C:\Documents and Settings\my_id\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook I used to backup that file, so I would like to know where Outlook keeps the file now. Thank you The lists are kept in binary values in the Windows registry and also in a hidden item in the mail store (mailbox or PST file). Both lists are kept in one multivalued property although no one has decoded it yet, the bits also s...