Re: Outlook locks up with a officelifeboathang

"Andy Lay" <58746@gmail.com> wrote in message news:...

> Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
>
> Hi Swinglower-
>
> I have luck as you do :)  A Chief Exec machine with this very issue.  Were
> you able to resolve?
>
> An HP printer is involved in this case so I did update drivers and now
> waiting to see if it happens again.
>
> Cheers!
>
> url:http://www.ureader.com/msg/107596317.aspx

We have no idea what you're talking about.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0

changing outlook server
I recently changed jobs. I'm wondering what the best way is to reconfigure outlook to point to the new exchange server and mailbox without wiping out all the data I have in my current mailbox. I don't necessarily need access to it any time soon, I just don't want to lose the content in case I ever need to search or reference anything. Any pointers on the best way to do this? I assume perhaps backup the PST file (or is it OST, been a while) and start from scratch? If it's not already in a .PST file I'd export it to a PST file right away -- just to be safe. Then co...

Restore Outlook 2000 without .pst?
I backed up a computer to a dvd but forgot to export outlook 2000 to a pst. Is there anyway to get the info back?jho In news:1123958637.749834.33580@g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, jho <jhogan0101@yahoo.com> typed: > I backed up a computer to a dvd but forgot to export outlook 2000 to a > pst. Is there anyway to get the info back?jho No. If you don't have the PST file, you don't have any data. Note - you don't need to export anything. You can just copy/back up the existing PST file(s) next time. jho <jhogan0101@yahoo.com> wrote: > I backed up a comput...

Reminder Date in Outlook 2007
Hi I would appreciate help with this problem. I often set reminders on e- mails using the Right click on the e-mail in my inbox and selecting Add Reminder... My problem is that the default date for the reminder is:01 January 4501 at 08:30 am. I am perfectly happy with the time, but cannot find where to change the default date for this option. My computer date and time are correct, and so is my calendar in Outlook working on the correct date. I am running Windows XP Home SP3 and Office 2007 SP1. Thanks Heather ...

Outlook 2000 #228
Once you send a flagged message to a recipient in your company's Outlook 2000 exchange server, can you stop the reminders from "popping up" on the recipient's computer? Once the message has been sent you have little to no control over it and its effects "Randy" <Randy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:76BA1618-0700-4AC8-8EFC-1298EB521419@microsoft.com... > Once you send a flagged message to a recipient in your company's Outlook > 2000 > exchange server, can you stop the reminders from "popping up" on the > recipi...

Outlook 2003 Offline Address Book not updating
I now have 5 computers among 100+ that simply stopped updating the offline address book. They give no error message. nothing is recorded in the event logs. success is recorded in the sync log. it says it does it, but it doesn't. The most recent user reported that he couldn't see a person in his address book that had been hired 4 weeks ago. It is the same with all machines. 1. if I tell it to manually download the address book, it says it does and nothing changes. 2. if I create a new Outlook profile, it downloads a new address book at that time, but not after 3. If I create a ne...

Outlook accessing wrong server for public folders.
Hi all. I have an Exchange 2003 routing group with 4 Exchange servers. I have created public folder replicas on each of the Exchange servers, however, when any Outlook client accesses the Outlook Security Settings public folder (or any other folder?), it always connects to the first Exchange server where the Outlook Security Settings folder was created. I found this by checking the connection status window in Outlook 2003 and noticed that it is connecting to the first server for public folder access. I checked that the default public folder store on each server is set to itself. Th...

Can Microsoft Outlook import email sent to AOL?
AOL 9.0 permits members to save email on their own computer, but clicking on that file to open still seems to link back to AOL as if still on their server. Will Microsoft Outlook retrieve my email from AOL so that I can read it offline and truly save to my computer? can you copy it back to the aol mailbox? if so, connect ot the mailbox using imap to get it into outlook. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Ti...

SBS 2003 And Outlook Web mail
Hi I have a SBS 2003 server that is being very flaky with the outlook 2003 web mail. At first I thought that there might be a licence issue, but there are 40 CALs and only 24 users right now. There seems to be no reasoning why some users can and others can't access as everyone is configured the same way. I can access the webmail page without a problem internally and externally. Some users work all the time others only some others not at all. I am getting no Event errors in the Event Logs. There is a large part of the staff that travel and use this so a solution is needed...

Shared contact list in Outlook XP
I would like to have two separate Outlook profiles each with access to the same contact list (which is being used for an email address book also). The PC is installed standalone and is accessing email servers through the local cable operator. Can/how this be done? You can easily connect to the pst-file of the other profile by File-> Open-> Outlook Data File... In addition to that you could create a separate file which just holds a contacts folder. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 ...

Outlook events
Hi I am using outlook with withevents to grab its item_send event. It has not worked so far. Anyone has any example of how this should be done? My code is at the end. Thanks Regards = Code Follows ==================== Option Compare Database Private WithEvents objOutlook As Outlook.Application Private WithEvents objOutlookMsg As Outlook.MailItem Private Sub Command0_Click() Dim objOutlookRecip As Outlook.Recipient Set objOutlook = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Set objOutlookMsg = objOutlook.CreateItem(olMailItem) eto = "me@mydomain.com" esubject = &q...

open a web page in Outlook
Happy Holidays! I am working on a project that involves opening web pages in outlook. We have couple public folders that have default web pages. The interesting is that all of them open ok in browser but some would not open in outlook. in particular, the ones with https are most common not to open. Any ideas why is this happening??? We are running office XP and some users have service packs and some don't. Service pack version seams to be irrelevant. George do the https ones set cookies? There seems to be a problem with sites that require cookies. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook...

Microsoft Outlook did not reuse window in Windows 7
I am having a little problem with Microsoft Outlook in Windows 7. I tried to ask in Microsoft Answers but a Microsoft representative suggest me to ask my question here. Link to my post in Microsoft Answer: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7programs/thread/a4502ffc-8b0b-4b09-8fe6-65fda6396145 My problem: I have been using the E-Mail shortcut button on my keyboard for several years in Windows XP. I love to press that button several times until Microsoft Outlook pop up to the screen in a single window. However things have changed since Windows 7. Press the butt...

Outlook Prompts for E-mail Account and Password Even Though "Save Password" Has Been Checked (XP)
The OS is XP Pro. One user, Adminstrator, password login. I can't recall if it's Outlook 2000 or 2003. Multiple e-mail accounts. Every time he gets his e-mail, Outlook prompts for the account logins and passwords. He checks the "save password" box and it gets the mail. But the next time he gets his e-mail, Outlook prompts for the accountnames and passwords again. Any idea why? Peter, I have had the same problem ever since I upgraded to Outlook 2002. Hope someone has the answer. This also happens on several of my web based email sites. I check the Remember my login and p...

Please help
A friend sent me a few large e-mails yesterday. They made Outlook crash (freeze and is not responding). Now, everytime I try to get in Outlook, since they were the last e-mails received, Outlook is trying to open the e- mail and is unable (the bottom part where the message is supposed to show up remains blank and Outlook crashes). I tried opening it and quickly deleting the e-mails, I tried clicking on another smaller e-mail (so it would try to open that one) - with no avail. Nothing works. Everytime I try to get in, it crashes. I cannot use it anymore. I was using a personal folder. ...

Video message program in Outlook 2003
Worked for a few days now will not start. Have installed the latest version, etc. Will not start. When I click on the icon hard drive runs for a bit then nothing. Harvey hknauss@houston.rr.com ...

external application sending email through outlook
Ever since Security Patch for Outlook 2000, a popup dialog box appears stating that an external app is attempting to send email... yes/no.. etc. Is there a way to 'define' applications that are allowed to send email through the MAPI interface..?? More info here: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Brent Morehouse" <brent_morehouse@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:01db01c3bb58$4132568...

2 User Profiles, 1 Outlook Profile?
I am running Windows Server 2003 and Office 2003. I have 2 accounts that require access to the same Outlook data - emails, email accounts, address book, rules, calender etc. Only 1 account will be used at a time though i need outlook to be exactly the same for both profiles. How is this done? ...

RE: Watch this important pack
--vioecsallcpajcd Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="mjiglxwftxmvnjucc"; type="multipart/alternative" --mjiglxwftxmvnjucc Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="xyyxigznlyluer" --xyyxigznlyluer Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Client this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now ...

outlook profile #7
Hi can I rename a profile in outlook 10 ? thanks ...

Outlook Tasks #10
I am trying to use Outlook task manager to track amd manage the assignments of the people that work for me. I can assign task and Outlook automatically sends an email to the person. When I recieve a task complete e-mail back, outlook does not update my task list. What do I need to do so it will update my task list. thanks in advance. Do you receive a Task Update? If so, have you opened it (that's how Outlook sucks the data out)? Please state your version if you need more help. Judy Gleeson, MVP Outlook Acorn Training and Consulting www.acorntraining.com.au Everyone - turn ...

Lock the format
I have a spreadsheet that I need others to update with values. I want them to be able to enter text, but not modify the formatting (column width, font, etc). They may need to add additional rows, though. But still do not want them to be able to modify the format of those new rows. Seems like I should be able to do this, but I can't figure out how. Thanks in advance. By default all cells in a worksheet are locked when sheet protection is enabled. It is up to you to decide which are to be locked or unlocked when the sheet is protected. Format>Cells>Protection is where you w...

Problem in Microsoft Outlook Express
Dear, I have a problem in Microsoft Outlook Exprees, the problem is that when i want to see the attachment attached with my receiving mails, the paper clip sign shows but when i tried to open it the attached file is not highlighted another thing is that when i tried to forward that attachment, the attachment is glow and it can be open what can i do? Hi Ahmer - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert an...

Outlook rule based on value NOT in name?
Hi, I have a lot of SPAM coming in with the sender's address set to my e-mail address. However, the name is different. I would like to setup a rule like this: If the sender's e-mail address = XXXXXXX, but the sender's name <> YYYYYYYY then move to the junk folder. Can this be done? All I see are rules to look for a string - not look for the absence of a string. I use e-mail to transfer notes to myself and also transfer information between mail accounts and computers, so I do send myself e-mail fairly frequently. I'm using Outlook 2003. Thank you for your time! -...

Reestablishing Outlook Files from a Different Location
Just recovering from a crash with a new hard drive. Using XP with Outlook 2003 and need to change from the default path to c:\exchange for the location of all Outlook Files, Mail Boxes, Address Book, Contacts, Folders, etc. Managed to change path for Address Book, but not the rest. Not on network Need to recover old e-mail, folders, etc. Any and all assistance gratefully appreciated. -- Les Les <Les@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Just recovering from a crash with a new hard drive. Using XP with > Outlook 2003 and need to change from the default path to c:\excha...

Outlook 2003 & Outlook Express #2
I have been using Outlook Express without any problems. Because some of software will only work with Outlook I setup Outlook 2003 with Business Contact Manger. I have found the program (Outlook) crashes for no apparent reason. I have both Outlook and Express running together. Is that the problem? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. On Sun, 3 Oct 2004 18:55:49 -0700, "Marc" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have been using Outlook Express without any problems. >Because some of software will only work with Outlook I >setup Outlook 200...