Query Builder In the Instant Search pane is not working

Hello,

The Query Builder In the Instant Search pane within outlook2007 is not
working. I'm unable to do advanced search due to this. Please help!

Do you have Windows Desktop Search installed?
For details see;
http://www.msoutlook.info/question/269

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"kevind" <kevind@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> The Query Builder In the Instant Search pane within outlook2007 is not
> working. I'm unable to do advanced search due to this. Please help!

0
Roady

Code wont work
My code: Appears to run through but does not produced the expected result, only offsets from current cell. Sheets("AUDIT_TRAIL_MONTHLY").Select On Error Resume Next Range("A13:A24").Find(What:=Range("D2"), LookIn:=xlValues, _ LookAt:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByRows, _ SearchDirection:=xlNext, _ MatchCase:=False).Offset(0, 1).Activate Hi, What do you expect it to do? If it finds the value it will select the cell to the right and then end. -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis th...

using formula =sum('*'!A1) in a macro does not work.
I am trying to use the formula above in a macro that is ran once a button is clicked. the problem is that the formula goes from =sum('*'!A1) to =sum('*''!A1'), this results in an error message (#NAME), does anyone know why this is happening when it is used in a macro? If i use this in a cell and type it myself it works great! Thanks in advance, TG I found this on a website called The Code Cage.com You can read the whole thread here. http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/excel-miscellaneous/176808-sum-cell-value= -across-multiple-worksheets.html ...

search problem
Hi, I just entered a new Contact in Outlook 2007 and gave it a 'tag' word in its own Notes field. If I Search using that tag, I get nothing _except_ coincidentally for another Contact that happens to have that word embedded in its last name. I thought Search (from within Contacts) would also look through the infomation in Contact - Notes. Am I mistaken? Thanks, DH State which search method you are using. State why you believe this new Contact would have been indexed by the time you were searching for it. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Dave Horne" <davehorne@h...

CView / MRU only works first time
Hello. I'm trying to use the Most Recently Used file list for loading documents into my Doc/View app. The first time I select one of the files from the list, things go off without a hitch. However, if I close the MDI window for that document and then try to open it again via the MRU, I get a console message saying: [2240] Error: Can not find a view for document to activate. and the document won't open. No problems opening it through the File..Open method though. If I close and reopen the application it's ok the first time via the MRU yet again. I'm obviously not releasi...

macro to search in a specific column
Hi, can anyone one modifie this macro to search only in a specifi column, in this case column B1.... Cells.Find(What:=Range("A2").Value, After:=ActiveCell LookIn:=xlValues, _ LookAt:=xlPart, SearchOrder:=xlByColumns SearchDirection:=xlNext, _ MatchCase:=True).Activate and would it be possible to change the font color to "red" to make i easier to see which cell is highlighted? Thanks Jean-Guy Collette Canad -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com One way: Dim found As Range Set found = Columns(2).Find( _ What:=Range("A2").Value, _...

OWA 2K
I've set the default domain in IIS. For most users, they are able to login without using the domain\username format, but some users are required to enter the domain to login successfully. Anyone have any ideas on why this is happening? Thanks, Jeremy jeremy_boschen@fwc.com (J. Boschen) wrote: >I've set the default domain in IIS. For most users, they are able to >login without using the domain\username format, but some users are >required to enter the domain to login successfully. > >Anyone have any ideas on why this is happening? this should work, or not work, equa...

Tricky XPath query
Hey all, I've attempted to simplify my question (or at least the XML that is part of my example in my question): I have the following XML: <A> <B><C><D> I want to query the data in this node for the element B </D></C><E> I also want to query the data in this node for the element B </E> </B> <B><!--Additional data for another B element--> </B> </A> My idea is to do something like this: --------------------------------------------------- Dim nav As XPathNavigator = doc.CreateNaviga...

Query Question 11-29-07
my data looks like the following 111 0 01/01/2007 111 0 02/01/2007 222 0 04/01/2007 222 0 05/01/2007 555 1 06/01/2007 666 0 06/01/2007 how can i retrieve the following??? 111 0 01/01/2007 222 0 04/01/2007 555 1 06/01/2007 666 0 06/01/2007 my goal is to retrive distinct cols 1 and 2, and then the earliest date in col 3 for distinct records in cols 1 and 2??? any suggestions??? I tried different ways of using FIRST, but was unsuccessful. Thanks in advance. On Nov 28, 7:08 pm, "Jeff" <findjeffa...@emailias.com>...

New Smartlists from SLBuilder only work for me the builder
I have recently installed Smartlist Builder on several user's PC's and have created both new Smartlists & Excel Reports. The Excel Reports that have been deployed work fine for users with access. The Smartlists I have created (along with the downloaded from MS one's) are "visible to the user but no results are returned". So far I have given the users increasing security rights to be able to access the lists. I can log into their machines & run the reports as "sa" and my user id, they don't run under theirs even though they see the l...

Query crashes Access with no errors
Hi, I'm still quite new to Access. I've built a query to pull course details from the database. Unfortunately it seems to be causing problems and a part of it is crashing access giving no errors. I've identified that the following is the problem, but I can't see why. Can you suggest any improvements to stop this happening? This checks 2 fields and depending on the content assigns a duration, which may or may not contain one of those fields. Duration: IIf([Full Course Details]![Weeks_in_Qual]=1,([Full Course Details]![Hours_per_Week] & " Hours"),IIf([Full...

Search worksheets within a database...How?
Hello and Good day, Simple question...is there a way to search all the cells inside every worksheet of an Excel File? For instance: I have an excel file that contains phone numbers and there are SEPERATE worksheets that contain all the numbers of a particular category such as Family, Friends etc.. How can I, from any of the worksheets within the Excel File, search for a specific name? I know how to do a search on a worksheet when it is the one open and displayed (Macintosh: Command (Open Apple) F) but want to search ENTIRE FILE from one page. Please help Thanks --- Message posted from...

Creating a master search feature
I am currently developing a database to keep track of records requests and all of the pertinent information for each request. For the purposes of this question, I do not believe that the structure of the tables is important; however, I will happily post them if requested. Basically, what I want to do (or, more accurately, what the users want to do) is to allow the users to search on any value across all fields of multiple tables. For example, I have tables called: tblSubpInfo tblPartyInfo tblPartyAddresses tblPartyPhones tblSubpMemos tblSubpMedicalInfo .... and many more similarly de...

query
Because the SQL I've written for a query calls on a database Proc., it can't be displayed graphically. Because of this, it won't let me use paramaters.... any suggestions on how to call a db. proc. and still use parameters? You could try using a question mark, e.g.: SELECT Invoices.InvID, Invoices.CustID, Invoices.InvDate FROM Invoices Invoices WHERE (Invoices.InvDate>?) Tom S wrote: > Because the SQL I've written for a query calls on a database Proc., it can't > be displayed graphically. Because of this, it won't let me use > paramaters.... any sug...

Preview pane
I used to have a solid gray bar above my preview pane that had "To, From, Date, and attachment info" in it. Somehow I lost it, and now there is a thin line there. All this thin line does is adjust the size of my preview pane. Anyone know how to get the gray bar with all the info in it back? Thanks, Andreh Double click it? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, andreh@fastmail.fm asked: | I used to ha...

Moving server to dynamic IP
Hi! We are currently looking into moving our server to a local office since response time is horribly sluggish atm (when server is stationed at a web hotel), etc opening files and stuff like that can take minutes. Our local office only has dynamic IP, there is no way to attain static IP. Our server hosts our website, Exchange server system and local domain server system. I know we can use DYNDNS to make the change but how?! We already have a FQDN that we must use, so we cannot change our website/email to a dyndns name. We do not want to DYNDNS to manage our domain name. ...

Stan - You as Bill Yanaire
Just FYI. Take your meds. SPAM! MESSAGE REPORTED! ...

Value in Crosstab Query
Can I show all the data or merge them into one single cell, instead of doing any aggregate functions such as sum and average, in a Crosstab Query? To illustrate my question: StudentID TestID Score (Date) AAA 1 50 (date1) AAA 1 60 (date2) AAA 1 55 (date3) AAA 2 23 (date2) AAA 2 24 (date4) AAA 3 98 (date4) I want to show the data in a Query or Report in this way: Stude...

Excel Query #3
I want to use an Hanging Indent for the text within a cell. I can do it by spliting that into two different cells but I feel that would be wrong. For example Financial Data for the year ended 2K Please note that the text data should be in the same cell.If any one can help me. Hi can't be done with Excel. You may insert a manual linebreak with ALT+ENTER and insert some spaces but an automatic ident for the second line is not possible with Excel -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Felix wrote: > I want to use an Hanging Indent for the text within a > cell. I can do i...

Searching for Outlook-Plugin to write to a ldap-directory
Good evening to everybody! I'm searching for a plugIn for MS Outlook which provides the capability to write to an OpenLDAP-Server. Is there such a plugin available ? I've been searching a long time for such a plugin but I've only found the webfrontend of the LABE-project (http://www.savoirfairelinux.com/labe) which provides a comfortable solution to add new entries, but I'm searching for an integrated solution which should also be able to export existing outlook-contacts to the LDAP-directory. I'm not too confidently but maybe one of you can help me. Thanks and gr...

Copy function in OWA does not work #2
When users attempt to copy email from their Inbox to any other folder, OWA spits back an "The item can not be found. It may have been deleted". Yet, you can fully open the email that is trying to be copied in OWA, and it appears normal. This is for all users, including admins. Has anyone seen this issue before? ...

Works version 7.0 to Office 2007
Hi, I'd like to upgrade my works (version 7) and would like Office 2007. Am I allowed and able to upgrade from my works to office 2007? Thanks "mikeymike" <mikeymike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:634B0E12-BD82-4743-A384-5C14E023F8AC@microsoft.com... > Hi, I'd like to upgrade my works (version 7) and would like Office 2007. > Am I > allowed and able to upgrade from my works to office 2007? > > Thanks Works 7 is a valid upgrade qualifying product. See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/suites/FX101754511033.aspx for ...

Freezing panes and the top of the screen
I'm writing a VBA Macro that will move the first row of the selected range to row 4 and scroll the other rows and could use a tip ... Now, I have a worksheet where the first three rows are frozen ... I'd to attach two buttons that should work like named anchor tags work in HTML ... When I click on the first button the row numbers should look like 1 2 3 100 And when I click on the other button the row numbers should look like 1 2 3 165 The numbers 100 and 165 correspond to the first row of a named rang - but a solution referencing row numbers works great. Any suggestions? Tha...

Query Form
I have exported some data from the local MLS system into an Access database and want to run some statistics on the sales information, using a number of different queries which will feed graphs in Excel, etc... I have a form set up for choosing the data which include the city, the development, what kind of property it is (condo, single family residence, etc.) The problem I have is why no selection is made. For example, the query looks for a city selection from a drop-down box; if I choose a city, the query runs perfectly. If I do not choose a city - leaving it blank - the...

Links sent not working in windows mail
If I send a link in an email using windows mail, the recipient is unable to open it at the other end. Can anyone tell me how to fix this. That may be a problem on the recipient's end that you cannot fix. Email yourself and see if the links work. If they do, then you don't have a problem, the recipient does. steve "alex mungo" <alex mungo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F7550BA2-2794-4EFC-B6A4-C458D8958EF0@microsoft.com... > If I send a link in an email using windows mail, the recipient is unable > to > open it at the other...

Flash Player Will Not Work With UAC Turned Off
For the better part of a year I have had to keep UAC turned off to allow flash player to work. I would prefer to keep UAC turned on to enable Internet Protected Mode. I have searched the net far and wide including Adobe's "fix" for the problem to no avail. I am hoping someone out there has encountered the same problem and can shed some light on my situation. I am on Vista Home Premium 32 Bit, Explorer 8 version 8.0.6001.18904, Flash Player 10.0.45.2 Any light you can shed on my situation would be greatly appreciated as I am considering switching to another brow...