Propagating permission settings for public folders. - 84899

Hi,

I understand that if you had created a public folder and set permissions to
it, the settings will be propagated to subfolders created after it.
However if I make any permission setting changes to the main folder, the sub
folders will still retain that initial permission setting.

Is there any way to propagate the permission settings to the sub folders?

Regards,

Limit to # of shapes in "My Shapes" folder?
I got a new computer from my corporation with Visio 2003 installed. I copied the VNE folder from my old computer to new computer into the "My Shapes" folder and all of the stencils do NOT appear in the pick list. Is there an upper limit on the # of files that can be in the "My Shapes" folder? (The VNE directory from my old computer had approx 1100 stencils). Also opening the "My Shapes" dialog box is REALLY slow -- anyone know how to fix that as well? Thanks in advance. I'm not sure if there is a hard limit or just a performance limit on the number of...

Money 2007 -- QIF import
Good Evening! After a little trial and error, I am able to import account transactions from another system (not a bank statement, my actual register transactions) with little trouble except for the date format. (Before someone gets mad at me, I really don't think this has anything to do with my regional settings!) As recommended by an MVP from this forum, I open my CSV file with excel, then use a converter (add-in) called XL2QIF to create a qif output file. The actual "data" in a date field in my original csv file is "060106" (mm/dd/yy) which is June 1, 2006,...

Folders Appearing Empty
I have an archive file that is giving problems. When I open this archive all folders display as empty. However, there are 6000 odd messages and the file is several hundred meg. I have run scanpst and it reports no errors found. Outlook version is 2000 SP3 . Thank you Regards, James Does he have a view applied to his Inbox, such as "Unread Messages" or perhaps a filter? -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNote-MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm **I apologize but I am unable to respond to ...

Problem to import folders from old .PST files to Outlook 2003
Have upgraded from Outlook 2002 to Outlook 2003. I had several Personal Maps (One Map containing the E-Mail for each previous years, like Outlook2003, Outlook2002, etc.). When I try to import the old .pst Personal Maps to my new Outlook 2004 Personal Map (with the new format), the folders inside each of the Map are not visible, and I am not able to import any data at all. Is it possible to create several Personal Maps in Outlook 2004, and how to I create a new one? What do you mean by Personal Maps? Assuming you are talking about Personal Folders (PST files) they are perfectly compati...

Public Folder basics....
Hi, Much appreciation to anyone who can help a beginner in the arts of Public folders: 1. I have just installed my second Exchange box at a remote site with plans of a thrid soon to follow; can I just add the new server as a replca to our PF's, do a "propogate settings" and have all the data be on both servers so users at the remote site aren't coming accross my WAN? Or are there additional steps? 2. If my scenario above is true, is either server really a "master" for the data? The reason I ask mainly is that if no server is master then either server ...

Organization Settings Error
Seems like everyone is having a similar issue with CRM 3.0, no supprise then whats following... Problem: Error message to contact sysadmin when selecting either System Settings or Fiscal Year Settings. (you can access Auto Numbering) Tried: Changed expiry on server to immediately from 3 days. Rebooted both server and client, with no fix. Deleted all cached Internet files, with no fix. Can anyone help ?? (my only other thought is to wait till Monday and see if anything hanging in the system expires (3 days)). Any help greatly appreciated. I dont know if this helps? You may have...

Create standard folders in all users mailboxes.
I am playing with some email archiving software and instead of applying archiving rules to a user's inbox, I want to create a standard folder that users can move their mail to so it can be archived. Im sure there is a way to create this folder for all users as well as ensure it stays there in the future (and for new users, etc) ... Any suggestions ? On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 05:29:01 -0800, "Mal.Harwood" <Mal.Harwood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am playing with some email archiving software and instead of applying >archiving rules to a user's inbox, I w...

RE: Separate accounts in different folders
RE: Separate accounts in different folders Is there a way to have several email accounts on one outlook program BUT have each account have email come into a different folder and have outgoing email saved in a different folder. I know how to add new accounts. BUT: Is there an option for separating the accounts in various folders? Outlook 2003 MS XP You can use rules to filter mail and there is an option in tools, options, email options, advanced to store sent items with the original... or in Outlook 2003, use one inbox (so junk filtering works) and create search folders for each ac...

Recovering the word file saved in Temp folder after system restart
Hi, By mistake I had save one of my working document in the Temp folder (I open a file in the outlook and then saved as a new file and worked on it, never realized that I saved it in the wrong folder). Later I did a restart of my laptop and when the system came back that particular Temp folder (for e.g <<user profile>>/AppData/Local/Temp/wzbbff/<<new filename.docx>>) itself got deleted. is there any way to recover the file? I did lots of work on that document and wanted desperately to retrive that file. Appeciate your prompt help in this regard.....

Setting Default mail handler
Hello All I am running Windows 2k Professional, Internet Explorer 6 Outlook Express 6 and Outlook 97. I use Outlook Express because it's best for these newsgroups, and I also use it for all emailing. I use Outlook for calendar. The problem is that when I click a Send Email button on a website, or I want to use a 'Send Object' command from an Access application, etc. etc., I keep getting a window popping up that asks me to 'Choose Profile' - and the only option available in the drop-down window is Outlook: but I want to use Outlook Express! In Outlook Express, under Tools...

How can I create a Public Contact Folder in Exchange 2003
It seems that I can only create public e-mail folders. How can I create a public contact folder? I am kind of new in exchange so any help would apreciated. Mike When you create the folder it asks what type of data to store - choose contacts. -- Hope that helps, Dan Townsend This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup. Use of included script samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm "Mike" <recklez@cyprus-x.org>...

Permissions Issues with Public Calendar
Most of the Items from our public calendar were accidently deleted. The missing were items restored by copying them from a .pst of that was extracted from one of our backups. Now, we are experiencing several problems with our public calendar... 1. Users cannot view items when they open the calendar, however if they go back one month and then forward to the current month, all items are viewable. 2. Users are not able to print any items from the calendar 3. Users are not able to edit or change entries that they originally made; however they are able to create new items. I'm assumin...

Can't create a new public folder.
I ran into the following problems: In the System Manager, the "public folders" container doesn't list public folders and system folders. Also when I tried to create a new public folder, the system didn't response at all, no even giving me any error message. Does anyone happen to know what the problem is? Thanks a lot in advance! "sun" <sun@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F80E3901-55EB-42AA-9914-6069F19CAE90@microsoft.com... >I ran into the following problems: > > In the System Manager, the "public folders" container d...

Public Folder Permissions #16
I need to add one account to the public folder heirarchy. I do not want to change any permissions at lower level folders but do want to add this account. Not all folders have the same permissions. How can I add this one account to all public folders without changing any other permissions? Thanks! Check out the PFDAVADMIN tool. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "bj" <bj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7295BDC3-B181-47D6-B336-D75188334702@microsoft.com... >I need to add one account to the pub...

Cannot view a mailbox folder and reset password of user's problem
OS: windows 2000 server service pack 4 software: Exchange 2000 version 6.0 (build 6249.4:service pack 3) 1,when I use administrator account to login to my Windows 2000 server and want to double click into a mailbox folder. It prompts "M:\xxxxx.com\mbx\xxx is not accessible. Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service." 2,when i reset the password of a particular user in active directory->users, and i immediately change the outlook express 's incoming mail password, it seems to be work fine with new password. However, when i change the outlook ex...

Bounces from public address not being delivered to the best place
Hi, We have a shared folder named info that receives all our info@ourdomain.com email. Our problem is that when we send with info@ourdomain.com as the "from", bounce-backs go into one user's email box, jz@ourdomain.com, and into his junk mail folder, rather that back into the info folder where we want them to be so that we can all see them. jz@ourdomain.com is the user who set up the info folder and may be the owner of that folder but he's not around now to make changes. Can anyone give me a suggestion on where to look to make the bounces from info@ourdomain.com go ...

Programmatically delete contents of OAB system public folders
I want to programmatically delete the contents of OAB system folders present in MAPI public folder store. I was able to open teh required OAB folders using IMAPIFolder interface but when I tried deleteing the contents, it always gives E_ACCESSDENIED. I was running the code under exchange Administrator Context. I checked teh MAPI permissions on OAB folders through exchange system manager and found out that even administrator does not have write access on OAB folders by defaults. Can anyone tell me, how to programmatically modify MAPI permissions on OAB system folders. Thanks I do not...

Concatenating two sets of records
I have two "sub"-queries that each yield the correct set of data from each of two sets of source tables. These tables have some degree of commonality (but are not "related"). The field (column) names in each of these two queries are identical to one another. Where one either of the queries does not produce any data for a particular field that only has meaning in the other query, I simply define a field with the appropriate name (i.e., the same name as in other other query)and assign it a value of Null. What I now want to do is bring BOTH result sets together (conc...

Unable to Tranfer emails from the inbox to other folders.
Hi, ive got a bit of a problem. Since yesterday I have been unable to tranfer emails from my inbox to any other folder in outlook. I can still send and receive ok and ive ran the inbox repair tool for my .pst, which found no corrupt files. The strange thing is, if I delete a email, it goes into the deleted items folder, but then allows me to transfer it back only to the inbox. If anyone has any ideas, they would be greatly appreciated. Tony Dunn. CLear the Deleted Items folder and try again. -- Roady [MVP] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Setting P...

Problem after switching to Public Folder
I am using Exchange 2003 with outlook 2003. I recently converted a user account into a mail enabled public folder and I have 1 perticular user who gets the error message below when sending to this Public Folder. None of the Microsoft kb articles seem to help. The message reached the recipient's e-mail system, but delivery was refused. Attempt to resend the message. If it still fails, contact your system administrator. On 13 Jul 2006 06:46:44 -0700, "newadmin" <eli_ayoub@hotmail.com> wrote: >I am using Exchange 2003 with outlook 2003. I recently converted a user &...

Setting up out of office reply on exchange server 5.5
Hello, Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather than at the client's machine? because when the client's machine is off, no reply will be sent. I am using exchange server 5.5 with internet mail connector, using SMTP/POP. Thank you Leo wrote: > Hello, > > Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather > than at the client's machine? because when the client's machine is > off, no reply will be sent. I am using exchange server 5.5 with > internet mail connector, using SMTP/POP. I'm confused - where does POP...

Profile and Personal Folder problem
I have posted the two problems below as seperate problems but no one could solve them. I hope, by posting them together, someone will find a common solution. Outlook 2002 and XP Profiles - when I open Outlook I am asked to chose which profile I want to open. I just have one Profile listed. I can select 'always open this option' but, on opening Outlook next time, I get the same request to choose a Profile. Personal Folders - I have 2 Personal Folders the the left hand column. I want to delete one (don't know how it got there). But when I choose PROPERTIES|CLOSE, I get '...

I would like to set up my emails by date w/a space inbetween each
Up until a few minutes ago I had my emails separated by a date (i.e. Mondays emails, Tuesday's emails, etc.) I don't know what I did but I would like to change the view back to being able to go to Monday, Tuesday, Last Week, Last Month. Any assistance is greatly appreciated! Outlook version please? You can probably find the option to "show in groups" under the view menu/tab. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/K...

How to copy shortcuts and special folders.
Hi, I would like to ask how to copy shortcuts and special folders. I could not find too much information in the help. Is it posible to find even any samples somwhere? Thanks, Lubomir Which special folder? Try GetSpecialFolder or find your folder then use this to copy them BOOL CopyFiles(CString Filename,CString To) { SHFILEOPSTRUCT FileOpStruct; char *Temp = new char[Filename.GetLength()+2]; sprintf(Temp,"%s",Filename); char *Temp1 = new char[To.GetLength()+2]; sprintf(Temp1,"%s",To); ZeroMemory(&FileOpStruct,sizeof(SHFILEOPSTRUCT)); FileOpStr...

finding a folder
I spent over 4 hours to find a simple way to find a folder in outlook. I have made many folders and subfolders, I used help, website, with no success. web help says go to file menue-->new-->click on search folders -- such item "search folder" does not exist in "new" Will appreciate any advise. thank you john I presume that you are using Outlook 2003 from the term "search folders?" (In the future, always state your version since there are 5 different releases of Outlook out there, and 2 modes in 2 of them). Have you tried right clicking on the Se...