Problem with "Use Unicode Format when saving messages"

In outlook we have option to set "use Unicode format when saving
messages"(outlook>tools>options>other >Advanced options),even though  option
is enabled, when ever I try "save as" the email into folder, it is showing
Html format by default.However can  drop down the list and select the Unicode
format.

But I need Unicode message format to be shown by default if I need to "save
as" any email.

Any Suggestion ?

Regards,
Sam

That is not possible and that is not what this option controls.
The option controls whether the default safe format in the msg-format should
be in Unicode or ANSI format.

For instance, when you drag & drop a message out of Outlook, it will be
saved in the msg-format. With the option enabled, the msg-file will be saved
in Unicode format and with the option disabled, it will be saved in the ANSI
format.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Chirusa" <Chirusa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In outlook we have option to set "use Unicode format when saving
> messages"(outlook>tools>options>other >Advanced options),even though
> option
> is enabled, when ever I try "save as" the email into folder, it is showing
> Html format by default.However can  drop down the list and select the
> Unicode
> format.
>
> But I need Unicode message format to be shown by default if I need to
> "save
> as" any email.
>
> Any Suggestion ?
>
> Regards,