People not receiving my mail

I send mail and the messages are in my sent folder; however, no one recevies
the mail.  I checked with the service provider and they say everything looks
fine.  I have removed and added the email several times.  I used my laptop
and the email works fine.  What shall I do?  Reinstall Outlook on my desktop?

Does your ISP have a webmail feature that you can test? Log into it and send
mail from there, do your recipients get it then? If not, the issue is at
their end. Have they checked their junk mail folder?

"Rebecca" <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I send mail and the messages are in my sent folder; however, no one
recevies
> the mail.  I checked with the service provider and they say everything
looks
> fine.  I have removed and added the email several times.  I used my laptop
> and the email works fine.  What shall I do?  Reinstall Outlook on my
desktop?

0
Kathleen
12/14/2009 4:18:44 PM
If it's in the sent folder, the mail is going out. It may be blocked by an
anti-spam or antivirus program on the receiver's computer, or by their
ISP/Mail server. Possibly your IP address is blacklisted.

"Rebecca" <Rebecca@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
:I send mail and the messages are in my sent folder; however, no one
recevies
: the mail.  I checked with the service provider and they say everything
looks
: fine.  I have removed and added the email several times.  I used my laptop
: and the email works fine.  What shall I do?  Reinstall Outlook on my
desktop?

0
Tom
12/14/2009 4:33:14 PM
Rebecca wrote:

> I send mail and the messages are in my sent folder; however, no one recevies
> the mail.  I checked with the service provider and they say everything looks
> fine.  I have removed and added the email several times.  I used my laptop
> and the email works fine.  What shall I do?  Reinstall Outlook on my desktop?

If the e-mail gets moved from the Outbox to Sent Items folder then Outlook
received an +OK status back from whatever mail server to which it connected.
If Outlook is told the e-mail was accepted, it can no more.  The mail
session looks like it worked to Outlook.

As a test, send a test e-mail to the recipient in the To field and specify
yourself in the Bcc field.  Do not send the test e-mail to the same account
from where you sent it, or even to another account at the same e-mail
provider.  Bcc yourself the test e-mail at an account that you have
elsewhere.  If the recipient doesn't get your e-mail but you do get it at
your other-domain account then your e-mail provider got your e-mail and sent
it okay and the problem is at the recipient's end.  If you don't get a copy
of your Bcc'ed test e-mail at your other-domain account then it did not get
sent by your e-mail provider.  That could be due to problems at your e-mail
provider or that they never got it from you.

Just because Outlook got an +OK status back from the mail server doesn't
mean your e-mail provider's mail server was the one that got your e-mail.
Some anti-virus program do on-the-fly interrogation of e-mail traffic to
look for infected e-mails.  Some, however, operate as a mail server.  They
intercept your e-mails from your client as though they were the mail server.
Then they interrogate the complete e-mail before they act as client to send
it on to the real mail server.  So your e-mail client gets an +OK status but
it came from your anti-virus program's pseudo-mail server, not from the real
mail server.  Since the mail session in Outlook is long over, it has no way
to know that the anti-virus program's pseudo-mail server failed to send on
your e-mail.  You have to look in the log files for your anti-virus program
to see if it got an error during its mail session with the real mail server.

Disable the superfluous e-mail scanning in your anti-virus software and
retest.  Sometimes it is not sufficient to merely disable the e-mail
scanning function since your e-mail traffic still passes through their
transparent proxy but just not interrogated.  You have to uninstall the
anti-virus software and then perform a custom install where you deselect
their e-mail scan feature.
0
VanguardLH

How can I receive my email through outlook
I have set up my email accounts and there is no errors, I can send email no problem but receiving email is not happening, I have looked at all the settings and read all help sections but nothing works - the emails do arrive to my server ok. please, please, please HELP!!! Hi Andy, your Outlook version (incl.) service packs is? your windows system is? Exchange Server or a POP3 email account? Sorry, but the "The crystal ball" does not say everything to us. ;-) Here is a long posting in an exchange expert group with several ideas: http://www.experts-exchange.com/Applications/MS_O...

Receivings transaction entry improve speed
When you processing a transaction and linking a project without using a PO it take a couple of seconds before you are able to save the transaction. This result into an increased processing time and even when you capture 100 entries by using a macro the macro takes +- 90minutes to complete. Should have used the payables transaction entry the macro would have take minutes to complete. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pan...

OE6 Multiple identities receiving mail on shared computer
In Outlook Express 6, we have several identities sharing one computer. All identities receive all emails directed at any one of the identities. Does anyone know what causes this problem? Please Advise of solution. Post in an Outlook Express group - this is not one of them. Outlook is a part of Microsoft Office - Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer. You can also try http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com for some excellent OE assistance. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus,...

New user mail account doesn't appear in the global address list
I recently added a new user account to our domain. His windows account works fine, logs onto outlook fine and can send/receive mail. His account was created from the same template I use to create all of the accounts for employees in that department, so permissions/groups should all be identical. The issue is that he does not appear in the global address list. Any ideas how to get him there? Make sure you are not logged in Outlook Cached mode, try to do a lookup using OWA and see if you can find the new user. Ali "CervalisAdmin" wrote: > I recently added a new user a...

Unread mail = Inbox
My unread mail count is the same as my inbox count. How come? Where are you seeing this count? "PeterJordan" <PeterJordan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5ECEF472-6C88-4C62-958D-C5A4B2927BD7@microsoft.com... > My unread mail count is the same as my inbox count. How come? On the panel at the left headed Mail, I've got a heading labeled Favorite Folders with 4068 messages next to the Inbox heading and 4068 messages next to the Unread Mail heading. Then farther down under All mail folders, then under Personal folders (which is the one that has ...

redirect http://mail.abc.com to https://mail.abc.com/exchange still failed..
Hi, I followed this KB - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555053 and make sure that the /owaasp directory have no certificate used or encryption and changed the "Custom error" file to the URL - /owaasp/owahttps.asp but I still failed to redirect the http://mail.abc.com to https://mail.abc.com/exchange. I received this error message : You are not authorized to view this page HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden Internet Explorer It did redirect this URL - https://mail.abc.com to https://mail.abc.com/exchange but the URL - http://mail.abc.com just did not work. Please help.. Thank you....

Outlook Sending Received Messages to All Contacts
I sent a message to a friend who then replied to mine. The reply was then forwarded to everyone in my contact list including people that were blocked on my messenger. Any help would be great!! ...

Send Internal Mail Externally #2
I have a subsidiary that we connect to through a vpn tunnel. They are not a part of our Exchange organization. They use lotus notes for email. We are unable to telnet into their server and we believe that for some reason port 25 is being blocked internally. Is there any way to ensure that email to this subsidiary travels externally rather than internally? We are running Exchange 2003 sp2 on W2K3 server sp1. There is no lotus notes connector of any kind. All email directed to them is sitting in the queue. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. CK Hello Chris, You can create an SMTP c...

Using Outlook 2003 to check netscape mail.
I want to use MS Outlook 2003 to check my netscape mail. I setup the account in MS Outlook for to check netscape mail and it says that it can't log onto the server. Is there anyone who can give me any information on how to fix this? jakebraucht@yahoo.com Won't work. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Jake asked: | I want to use MS Outlook 2003 ...

Calendar-generating e-mail
I have multiple expiry dates for rate changes that are set up on my calendar that others need to be reminded of also. Is there a way to tie the calendar entries to automatically generate an e-mail reminder to those who need to be reminded? What version of Outlook? There are things you could do, but it depends on the version of outlook. There are tools listed at http://www.slipstick.com/AddIns/calendar_reminder.asp that can forward reminders. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.sl...

Tracking e-mail stats with SNMP
Is is possible to track the number of mails sent/received with SNMP? MGMT would like to post this information to our corporate intranet site, and I'm not sure how to do it.. Thanks, Steve On 4 Sep 2005 20:13:23 -0700, steve@foutty.org wrote: >Is is possible to track the number of mails sent/received with SNMP? >MGMT would like to post this information to our corporate intranet >site, and I'm not sure how to do it.. > > Thanks, > Steve Not with SNMP. You could do some logging on the SMTP and use a 3rd party solution to interpret those results for i...

Backing up or copying mail folders
I have many mesages in my email folders that I want to backup to a CD but I cannot find out how to do it. When I go to "Help" it simply tells me to backup to a floppy but I cannot find a copy key to do this. JBRARE ...

Anyone receive the email "The Golden Age of Windows 7 Forums"?
That was an editorial piece of work, eh? Long live newsgroups! Terry R. -- Anti-spam measures are included in my email address. Delete NOSPAM from the email address after clicking Reply. ...

Receive one message to multiple user mailboxes
Hello all, Does anyone know if there is a way to have a single message routed to multiple users? When they had an ISP handling the mail, they just set Outlook to save the messages on the server, and had multiple users pull mail from that box. Now with Exchange Server, they want a message sent to admin@domain.com to drop into 2 or 3 different user mailboxes. Is this possible? or do they have to setup a common mailbox and give the users access to it? or other suggestions?? Thank you in advance. you need only to configure a distribution group with the smtp address admin@domain.com, ...

using windows mail
when I try to send through window mail, I get error msg. error10060 OX800cccoe Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Jeanne" <Jeanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F393030B-D730-4AE9-8BD4-856087C52EA6@microsoft.com... > when I try to send through window mail, I get error msg. error10060 > OX800cccoe > Jeanne, try Meghan's reply up abo...

Question about the duplicate mail
Do anyone have the question about the duplicate mail? I have question on it. When I send mail to two same address, the receiver will only receive one copy. (For example: I send mail to person 'A', 'B'. And 'B' will forward to 'A'). In the past(I have use another mail server), 'A' will receive two copy. Now (using exchange server) 'A' will receive only one copy. In the case, is it normal for exchange, or is there any option to set exchange server to receive two copy. This is normal. Prevents multiple copies when sending to multiple disti...

mass emails...... outlook showing sent but not received by anyone
New computor....I must have something set up different than before in Outlook because the email blast appears to have been sent (shows in sent file) but not received. I have been sending this blast successfully for several years, but with new computor having troubles. Any ideas? is your SMTP server blocking them as spam? or their server treating them as spam? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http:...

VBA Interfering with Email Addresses in Mail Merge?
Hi I am using Doug Robbins' MVP email merge with attachments solution for Outlook using VBA. http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/MergeWithAttachments.htm All works fine unitl the actual merge to the addresses where Outlook seems to be interfering and entering email addresses for some of the contacts rather than using the addresses specified in Dougs' solution. Not sure but it seems like the addressesit's picking on are for people for whom I hal;ready have contact data in Outlook. Problem is, there is often a mismatrch of email data between Outlook and speciif...

Receiving e-mails from my own server
Network: Windows NT 4, Exchange 5.5 (host our own mail server), workstations-windowsxp with outlook 2000 Problem: I received an e-mail from myself. It had my address in the from line (this wasn't the scary part). When I looked at the option I get this "Received: from co-colspgs-2-u2-b5-25.clspco.adelphia.net ([24.55.97.25]) by mydomain.ca with SMTP (Microsoft Exchange Internet Mail Service Version 5.5.2650.21)" It's as if the person is using my e-mail server to send mail to myself. How can this be? I've had this server running for over 5 years and now I'm get...

receiving mail from comcast
I recently set up Win Live Mail, after buildiing a new computer with Win 7 on it. I use Comcast as my mail client and with xp never had any issues. I set up Live w/ Comcast and all SEEMED well. Today I am away so I used my laptop to log into comcast.net and have 144 new messages, some dating back to two weeks ago. Some of these messages I have received in Live, read and deleted but most haven't made it to Live. Any ideas? Thanks Ed On Tue, 24 Nov 2009 03:05:01 -0800, hog1340 wrote: > I recently set up Win Live Mail, after buildiing a new computer with Win 7 on > i...

duplicate e-mails #2
All of a sudden, on one of my e-mail accounts (I have 2), I'm getting two of every e-mail. This is a second account that I set up rules for - anything with that particular e- mail addy goes into a special folder. It's just been the last few days this has been happening . . . . it worked fine before. Any suggestions would be great!! Jan ...

Deleting e-mails on a pop3 server
I am trying to configure outlook so that it deletes the e-mails on my pop3 account (gmail) when I delete them in outlook, to save having to do it twice but struggling to get outlook to do it. I have made sure the "leave message on server" is unticked but it is still not deleting them I am using Office 2007 on Vista x64 Any help truly appreciated After you unchecked that option did you shut Outlook down and even try to reboot and see if that new setting holds when opening Outlook after -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests fo...

Office 2003
When flagging e-mail, it usually pops up in the reminder box. Some received e-mail will not do this. Why will some, and not others? Mary Woodrow <Mary Woodrow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When flagging e-mail, it usually pops up in the reminder box. Some > received e-mail will not do this. Why will some, and not others? Is the email in one of your main folders? -- Brian Tillman Yes, it's in my main IN box. "Brian Tillman" wrote: > Mary Woodrow <Mary Woodrow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > > > When flagging e-mail, it usually p...

wont send windows mail: heres the message
The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was . Subject 'BitTorrent - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET Download.com', Account: 'shawmail', Server: 'shawmail.wp.shawc...

Embed image for mail merge
I have an excel file of product information and I want to add an image to each, then mail merge it with a catalog letter. Is there a way to associate each image with a particular product number so that I can effect the merge? Thanks! ...