Password prompt keeps popping up.

My network connection password request keeps comming up every minute. The
'test settings' feature says that incomming mail is not happening because of
an incorrect password. New incomming mail is being turned away. What is
hapening????

Stuts wrote:

> My network connection password request keeps comming up every minute. The
> 'test settings' feature says that incomming mail is not happening because of
> an incorrect password. New incomming mail is being turned away. What is
> hapening????

A "network password" is completely different than a "login password".  Do
you actually use dial-up for Internet access (since that typically requires
a password to access the modem pool at the ISP)?  That would be a network
password.  Or is the login failing for your e-mail account?  That would be a
password for an online service (and is not a network password).

Is your version of Outlook to remain a secret?  Is your version of Windows a
secret, too?  And the type of e-mail account (POP, IMAP, HTTP/Deltasync,
Exchange) is also a secret?  These are the details that can affect the cause
the problem and focus on a solution.

If the password of which you ask is for the login to your e-mail account,
why is it coming up every minute?  How short is the mail polling interval
configured in Outlook?  Less than 5 minutes is considered abusive and can
result in the next mail poll stepping atop of and aborting a currently
executing mail poll.  Set the mail poll interval to 10 minutes.

--- Posting Hints ---

ALWAYS REVIEW your message before submitting it.  You want someone OTHER
than yourself to understand your post.  Also remember that no one here is
looking over your shoulder to see at what you are pointing.  If you don't
well explain your situation by providing the DETAILS that you already know,
don't expect others to know what is your situation.  Explain YOUR computing
environment and just what actions you take to reproduce the problem.

Often you get just one chance per potential respondent to elicit a reply
from them.  If they skip your post because you gave them nothing to go on
(no details, no versions, no OS, no context) then they will usually move on
to the next post and never return to yours.

What is Usenet:
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newsgroups
  http://www.masonicinfo.com/newsgroups.htm
  http://www.mcfedries.com/Ramblings/usenet-primer.asp

When using a webnews-for-dummies interface (e.g., Microsoft's Communities,
Google Groups, or a leech site using a forum-to-Usenet proxy), those are
gateways to Usenet.  Despite the pretense of a forum, you are participating
in a newsgroup (aka Usenet).

How to post to newsgroups:
  http://66.39.69.143/goodpost.htm
  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375
  http://www.mugsy.org/asa_faq/getting_along/usenet.shtml

Regarding error or status messages:
- Do NOT omit the message.
- Do NOT describe the message.
- Do NOT summarize the message.
- Do NOT paraphrase the message.
- Do NOT truncate the message.
- Do show the ENTIRE message (but munge or star out personal info,
  like your username in an e-mail address but not the domain).
And DETAIL the steps to reproduce the error or problem.
0
VanguardLH
4/21/2010 8:14:33 PM
Either you changed your Network password off the network, in that case try
your old password, or your password has aged out - meaning your password has
gone past the 60 or 45 day mark. You may need to contact you system admin to
check

"Stuts" wrote:

> My network connection password request keeps comming up every minute. The
> 'test settings' feature says that incomming mail is not happening because of
> an incorrect password. New incomming mail is being turned away. What is
> hapening????

Outlook 2000 doesn't remember email password
I cannot get Outlook 2000 to remember my email password, with the consequence that I have to send and receive emails manually. I was directed to Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 259416 which in turn prescribes an edit of HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Protected Storage System Provider. The problem is that that file does not seem to exist on my comptuer (WIndows XP Home). I would welcome advice. ...

How to copy block of cells and keep grouping?
I have about a 150 by 30 block of cells. About every 5 cells are grouped together, making it significantly smaller. when you click the "-" to have them contract. I will take me days to go through and make all the groups again if I want to make the same block on the same worksheet. Is there a way to copy a block of cells and include the grouping? Thanks -- dstock ------------------------------------------------------------------------ dstock's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=24225 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthre...

How to stop: Outlook keeps sending emails from outbox
One of our PCs in network had virus before. It is cleaned via Mac Fee antivirus software. The person has that computer confirm that her PC has no virus now. However, her Outlook sometime keeps sending a certain email multiple times. The other who receive that email then has the problem: some how the email is auto-replied. The Mac Fee warns that the outlook sending mail multiple times and it could be a virus. At least, there are three people in the local network has the infected emails from the first person. The Antivirus software has not found anything after scanning. They also used Micro T...

Enter Network Password dialog box
Since we upgraded to Office 2000, I receive the "Enter Network Password" dialog box every time email is received. The server, user name, and password are all filled in. I have the option to OK or Cancel. Selecting either will close the dialog box and bring up the Microsoft Outlook new mail has arrived notification. How can I get the "Enter Network Password" dialog box to go away? If numerous emails come in, the dialog box pops up for each one. Chris Bauer ...

Trouble with Access Prompts
Weird stuff going on in one of my databases. When I run an update or delete query, usually it asks me if I'm sure I want to update xxxx records. Now it just does it. Also, if I create a query, then decide I don't want to save it, if I try to close the window or all of Access, it doesn't give me the "Exit without saving? Yes/No/Cancel" dialog, it REQUIRES me to name/save my unsaved query. How do I fix this? I don't know much about Access, so detailed instructions are appreciated. Thanks! In Access 2000 you turn the warnings on by ticking the boxes in the TOOLS-OP...

Keeping Foldres Expanded
Everytime I close outlook and re-open it again, the expanded public folders have all collapsed. Is there a setting to keep these public folders constantly expanded???? HELP! ...

Can workflow trigger a pop-up message?
Is it possible to have workflow in CRM 4.0 trigger a pop-up message for a user? In this case, we want to prevent anyone from setting a status field to closed if another field is blank. I know that I can prevent the change in status and send an email notification, but I'd like to notify the user at that time so that they can correct the information and then go on and close the case. Any ideas? -- uMar Khan :: MS CRM MVP Microsoft CRM Consultant Email :: imumar at gmail dot com Blog :: http://umarkhan.wordpress.com MVP :: https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/umar.khan ...

password for workbook
Hello, How can i set the workbook so that when opened, a dialogu appears asking for password to open up the workbook before being abl to read or Read/write anything.... Thanks a lot From Joh -- Neo ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Neo1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3032 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=53146 One simple way, although the password input is not masked '----------------------------------------------------------------- Private Sub Workbook_Open() '...

Office Document Connection
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel No matter how many times I click "save my password in keychain" it always asks me for my password when I open up the document connection. Additionally, when I click "new file" , then edit the file and save it does not save to the location I was on the SharePoint site but locally. Other than that great work, this saves me so much time, I can't wait to have it fully integrated in Office! There might be a problem with the Keychain database. Open Keychain Access, then click on Keychain>Keych...

Can you keep flagged items from being autoarchived?
I would like to be able to let my autoarchive run but for it not to take flagged items to the archive. I keep having to pull them back into the current mail file. Is there something I can set to accomplish this? Hit Alt-Enter while you've got one of these items highlighted then set the option to not AutoArchive the item "dstuart101" <dstuart101@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:272808E3-27B8-4E34-9A85-4070E91C5FEB@microsoft.com... >I would like to be able to let my autoarchive run but for it not to take > flagged items to the archive. I keep ha...

How to access Public folders and calendar through POP and SMTP
Hi, Can anyone help in configuring the Microsoft outlook 2003 with Public Folders and Calendar. What i want is to configure email account through POP/SMTP but could also able to see my public folders and calendra. Thanks in Advance Best Regards Andrew On Thu, 20 Apr 2006 07:25:03 -0700, Andrew <Andrew@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >Can anyone help in configuring the Microsoft outlook 2003 with Public >Folders and Calendar. What i want is to configure email account through >POP/SMTP but could also able to see my public folders and calendra. > > &...

Outlook 2002
Tasks from the calender continue to pop up even though they have already been completed in Outlook - Any suggestions on how to fix this? Pop-up as in the reminders still appear? Try this: Close Outlook Select Start | Run Enter Outlook.exe /CleanReminders (note the space between ".exe" and "/CleanReminders") Select OK. Any better? -- PATRICK REED [Outlook - MVP]~~~~~~ -Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) -Have you checked http://www.slipstick.com? -Please post your Outlook version! "Steve" <steve@emilanderson.com> wrote in message news:0...

Enter Network Password #4
I keep getting a dialogue box entitled Enter Network Password pop up for each of my mail accounts. while running Outlook XP (fully service packed) under XP Pro. It lists mail server, User and password (shown as *******) and an unticked `save this password in your password list' box. Needless to say, ticking this does not prevent the event from recurring fairly frequently. Has anyone come across a solution to this? I have seen the problem on many sites but with no solutions. TIA Toddy ...

Network Password entered each time Outlook starts
I have Office XP Pro with Outlook 2002 and EVERY time I start up Outlook it asks me to enter my Network Password. I do and check the box to remember my password but is shows up again next time. Anyone know how to get it to accept the password? I had Office 97 and Outlook 97 before and never had this problem. I have already installed Office XP Service Packs 1 & 2. brunyon@knoxy.net If you are still having problems after applying both the SP 1 & 2 patches, then see if this article addresses your problem OL2002: The Save Password Setting Is Not Saved When You Connect to a POP...

Drivers for Dongle keep having to be reinstalled after reboot
Everytime the POS station is rebooted the dongle drivers get uninstalled. The user gets the copyprotection error message and they have to reinstall the drivers. Any ideas? Bradley Try logging on as Administrator to install the driver. Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail "Bradley" wrote: > Everytime the POS station is rebooted the dongle drivers get uninstalled. > The user gets the copyprotection error message and they have to reinstall the > drivers. > > Any ideas? > > Bradley Tried that ... Didn't work. "Terrible Tom" wrote: > Try ...

All outbound e-mails keep getting assigned to a campaign
I created a quick campaign and performed a successful mail-merge, then sent the e-mail. A response came back and I promoted it to a campaign response. Now when I send a normal email to a different user, CRM automatically assigns that email to the campaign history! It's not targeted to a user that was in the campaign. Even my personal email is getting loaded into that campaign in CRM, in fact all my outbound email is funneling into that campaign. Is this a bug? Can someone who has encountered this issue please help? Thanks, Ken Davis You are not alone! This happened to a user of...

pop up combo box
Hi everyone, When we write a class name in VC++ and type dot(.) then a combo box comes with a list of its members.I want to implement this feature in an edit box.How can I do this? Any help/example/link ??? _____mamnun Thats called intellisense. Look at codeguru/codeproject to see if you can find some sample code. It shouldnt be that hard to implement. Essentially all you are doing is showing/hiding a window with custom content. --- Ajay I know this is not exactly what you want, but it might also be a good starting point http://www.codeproject.com/editctrl/smart_auto_completeasp.asp A...

Something to help me keep track of formulas
Is there an Add-In or some third party software that can help me manage my formulas. They are getting very long and I can not figure out what goes where. I am looking for something free if possible. THanks. Here is an example of my formula that's too long. =IF(A12="Total ",SUM($I$11:$I11),IF(A12="","",IF(ISBLANK('PASTE ABCone'!F12),IF(((VLOOKUP(A12,'PASTE ABCone'!$A$11:$I$300,9,FALSE))*(VLOOKUP(A12,'%'!$A$9:$E$505,5,FALSE)))=0,"",ROUND((VLOOKUP(A12,'PASTE ABCone'!$A$11:$I$300,9,FALSE))*(VLOOKUP(A12,'%'...

Exchange/Outlook security problems Password What??
Hello everyone, I hope one of you Exchange/Outlook users out there can help solve this problem. This has all started out by needing to turn off the "Something's looking at your email addresses" nag box in Outlook 2003, in order to get a macro written in Outlook 2003 to work properly. According to what I have read and hopefully understood from Microsoft's support documents ("Customizing the Outlook Security Features Administrative Package" is that these nag boxes can be bypassed with the Outlook Security Features Administrative Package. I have set up a form ...

Password Recovery Tool ? ? ?
Hi All Ive got a Workbook that I need to recover the password for the Sheet Protection....Any Suggestion on the Best password recovery tool to use, would be greatly appreciated ! ! ! Thanks Dodge Dodge, Make the sheet you want to remove the protection from the active sheet and then run this subroutine. It will "come" back with teh message that an password is found. Click OK and the protection from the sheet will be removed. Sub PasswordBreaker_Sheet() 'Author unknown 'Breaks worksheet password protection. Dim i As Integer, j As Integer, k As Integer ...

Password prompt keeps popping up.
My network connection password request keeps comming up every minute. The 'test settings' feature says that incomming mail is not happening because of an incorrect password. New incomming mail is being turned away. What is hapening???? Stuts wrote: > My network connection password request keeps comming up every minute. The > 'test settings' feature says that incomming mail is not happening because of > an incorrect password. New incomming mail is being turned away. What is > hapening???? A "network password" is completely different than...

2005 password problem
Is there a way to reset a password on a money 2005 file? I recently changed a file from MSN passport back to a money 2005 password. The change worked ok, but now when I enter the new password it says it is invalid??? What would be the point of having a password on a file that was easily reset? If you could easily reset it, so could the boogeyman you were scared of in the first place. Per chance are you trying to open the file from a recently reinstalled version or a different machine or similar? "dog" <dog@bellsouth.net> wrote in message news:8VA0e.51687$6g7.48107@bignew...

Need to keep record of telephone conversions as in sales
I work from home and in sales i need to keep a record of my telephone conversations, i have outlook which i use but want a excell spreadsheet which i can see all my calls at once. In Excel, create a list of calls. In row 1, enter the headings, e.g. Data, Start, End, Name, etc. To enter the date, type: Ctrl + ; In another column, enter the Start time, by typing: Ctrl + : When the call ends, enter the end time in a third column, by typing: Ctrl + : In additional columns, enter other data about the call, e.g. Person called, purpose, outcome. tracy wrote: > I work from home and...

Upgrading from 2000 to 2007 and Keeping my templates
I am running Publisher 2000 right now. My office just bought Publisher 2007 and says I must upgrade. When they tried to put Publisher 2003 on my computer, I lost my documents formatting and templates. Is there a way to put Publisher 2007 on my computer and still use my 2000 templates and documents? The most important to not lose is the brochures. I can print them as a pdf. But if I need to update the brochure, I will have to start over from scratch. (At least that is what I had to do when they put 2003 on my computer.) I am using the blocks design. Can you help? Publisher 200...

Sorting a-z | z-a ... removing pop-up "Sort Warning"
When I have, for examples, several columns of data, and I highlight one column and click to sort that one column, I Always get a pop-up window with the title 'Sort Warning' that asks me if I really meant to do that, or if I wanted to include the other text nearby. Is there any way to remove that pop-up? I've yet to ever use it and I'd rather not have to keep closing it if possible. Any help that you can provide would be great. Thanks. Matt I don't know of a way to remove it -- but it took years to get that warning in there. I'm surprised that it hasn't sav...