password for data files

I have Outlook 2007 and in this version it asks me for the passwords of my
data files when I start the application (that is, 8 data files --> I have to
enter 8 passwords).
With Outlook 2003 I was asked for the data file passwords only when I tried
to use each data folder. So if I used only one of the data files I have to
enter only its passwords.
Do you know how set up 2007 to behave as 2003?

Exclude the other pst-files from being indexed;
Tools-> Options-> button Search Options...

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Annie" <Annie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have Outlook 2007 and in this version it asks me for the passwords of my
> data files when I start the application (that is, 8 data files --> I have
> enter 8 passwords).
> With Outlook 2003 I was asked for the data file passwords only when I
> tried
> to use each data folder. So if I used only one of the data files I have to
> enter only its passwords.
> Do you know how set up 2007 to behave as 2003?

0
Roady
11/19/2009 12:35:15 PM
It does not work.... I've excluded the pst files and exit Outlook. And when
starting Outlook again it ask me for the pst passwords. And I've checked that
the pst are not selected from being indexed in the tools->options-> search
options

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> Exclude the other pst-files from being indexed;
> Tools-> Options-> button Search Options...
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>
> -----
>
> "Annie" <Annie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I have Outlook 2007 and in this version it asks me for the passwords of my
> > data files when I start the application (that is, 8 data files --> I have
> > enter 8 passwords).
> > With Outlook 2003 I was asked for the data file passwords only when I
> > tried
> > to use each data folder. So if I used only one of the data files I have to
> > enter only its passwords.
> > Do you know how set up 2007 to behave as 2003?
>
> .

Reading UNC shared files
How can I read, access to shared files with UNC path in VS.NET 2003 C++? I am using CFile::GetStatus(m_csServerPath, fStatus) which works fine with the local files, but returns error when accessing remote shared files. File sharing has nothing to do with either VS.NET or C++. It is implemented in the kernel, so I don't see that this question has any relevance to any programming language, programming environment, development tool, etc. You say it returns "error" but this is a meaningless statement unless accompanied by a description of WHAT error (RTFM: if you did not call ...

Storing BLOBs in excel files
Hello group, (must have been asked before, but I don't seem to find the right google terms) Is there a way to store Large Binary Objects in cells? I have a list of items that I want to associate with documents, such as picture, some piece of text or HTML. I can not be sure it is text, so I need a way to store it as binary objects, along with the list of items. I don't need to be able to manipulate the BLOBs, just store them and retrieve them. Any help?? Thanks Willem -- Willem van Deursen, The Netherlands wvandeursen_nospam@nospam_carthago.nl replace ...

Programatically detect Password protected pst files
Hello. I am developing tool which will detect password protected files.My tool is perfectly working for office document.I am having problem with pst files.How should i detect password protected pst files without opening it.I am using c++ programming lang. Please anyone can help me? Ashwin As far as I know there's no way to detect that. -- Ken Slovak [MVP - Outlook] http://www.slovaktech.com Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 Reminder Manager, Extended Reminders, Attachment Options http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm "ashwin&q...

Printing Excel Formulas without file paths updating
I have numerous spreadsheets that need to be printed showing the formulas. However, some of the formulas are derived using a link to a different spreadsheet (not created on our network). When we open the sheet and choose to not update the links, the spreadhseet opens, and when we view the formulas they appear. However, the file path for some of the formulas also appears using my network information (e.g. c:\documents and settings\name, etc....). Is there a way to retain the original path information? Thank you. ...

Force User to Enter Data.
I am new to Access and would really appreciate some help. I have a form with two check boxes [GEIsol] and [DPIsol]. I want to put some code behind the [GeIsol] to only allow the box to be ticked if [DPIsol] is yes. I am completely at a loss as to how to do this and any help would be most welcome. I thank you for your help in advance. ~Thanks. However, I cant find the current event - could you point me in the right direction please "jfaz" wrote: > I am new to Access and would really appreciate some help. > > I have a form with two check boxes [GEIsol] and [DPIsol]. ...

Linking to Acrobat PDF file pages or destinations
I have a large PDF file with bookmarks and destinations defined. I want to hyperlink different cells within an Excel spreadsheet to specific pages (or bookmarks or destinations) within the PDF file. I can insert a hyperlink in a cell to reference the file -- no problem. Now, can I add information to the file reference so that a specific page or destination is viewed when the PDF file is opened? Acrobat allows for this capability via the HTTP protocol, e.g., "http://host/directory/file.pdf#page=4". This approach doesn't work in Excel; it does work within IE. Ideal...

ATT00004.txt file coming with attachements
A few people, when sending me attachments, their emails come with an additional attachement named att00004.txt. When one of them sent a test message to himself, he didn'treceive this file, but I still seem to. I am using Outlook 2003, and he is using Eudora Thanks a lot, James ...

I need to change the path of the linked files
I need to change the path of the linked files - thousands of them, in batch in my parent spreadsheet. How can it be done? My old linked files are in: ='C:\Documents and Settings\owner\Desktop\PALOS VERDES BACK UP 2\UNIT ENTRIES - CURRENT\ With a PC rebuilt, they are now in: ='C:\Documents and Settings\XXXX\Desktop\PALOS VERDES BACK UP 2\UNIT ENTRIES - CURRENT\ Could you select all sheets in the workbook then Edit>Replace: Find what: \owner\ Replace with: \XXXX\ That would fix the formulas. Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron "Derekc" wrote: > I need to...

OleDb consumer where is my data source
I have generated an OleDB provider from MS VC++ 7 ATL templates. I have modified this using Lon Fishers tutorial! (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnvc60/htm l/msdn_vc6oledbprov.asp) However when I come to generating a consumer (using MS VC++ 7 ATL templates) to test the provider, I get stuck. Lon's article talks how to generate consumers using VC++6 ATL. In VC++7 the wizard requires you to specify a data source. This is the part I am unsure about as I cannot seem to fine a data source for the provider as it reads from text files? Any suggestions??? Th...

Tables: Appending Data, Link or Not to Link, That's My Question...
I am sure that someone has asked this at one time or another, but haven't found it out here yet. I have several inter-related databases, some of them have linked tables while others have queries appending to tables which they are not linked to. What is a good rule of thumb for when it makes better sense to link to a table rather than simply appending to a table? What are the PROs and CONs? Thank you in advance for your informed inputs. -- MJ Linking to a table refers to having a backend database of tables only and linking to the tables from the frontend on each u...

Import Quattro Pro .wb1 and .wb2 files
Please, where will I find a utility to import Quattro Pro .wb1 and .wb2 files? Thank You! Wayne If convenient, pls e-mail your answer to wgd.roaming@verizon.net Doesn't anyone know how to import Quattro files into Excel? Have much stuff written using that program - would like to take advantage of work already done. Wayne "WGD" <wgd.roaming@verizon.net> wrote in message news:XdyRb.10489$BY3.10427@nwrddc01.gnilink.net... > Please, where will I find a utility to import Quattro Pro .wb1 and .wb2 > files? > > Thank You! > > Wayne > > If conv...

Diferent version of Data Migration Framework and CRM engine
Hi, I cannot use the Data Migration Framework. The msg I receive is that the versions of CDF db and CRM db are different and do not match. When I installed the hotfix for CRM 1.2 Server, I hadn't the CDF installed so I guess it was not updated. Meanwhile I installed it and receive the msg above. 1. I cannot uninstall the hotfix, why ? 2. I cannot reinstall the hotfix, why ? Is there other way to put the versions synchronized ? I tried to copy the values from the Build Table on each database but was unsuccessful. Hope someone has the answer. Thank you, Hugo ...

Relative goes absolute between worksheets in data sort!
I can't believe this is happening! In one worksheet ("MIXES") I have recipes that draw their individual ingredient cost prices from a large product range in another worksheet ("PRICELOOKUP) in the same workbook. I applied range names to the relevant unit cost fields in PRICELOOKUP, and referenced those in the formulae in MIXES. After new lines are added, PRICELOOKUP is sorted alphabetically by Supplier and then Product. The result: All the range names behave "absolute", failing to move to the relevant new (row) position, thus referencing an entirely spuri...

Need to copy and match data from one workbook to another workbook
I have one workbook that has book information such as book code, title and author. I have another workbook that has the ISBN Number and the amount of revenue that it has made I need to look up the revenue by ISBN number on the one sheet copy and paste it to a different sheet that has the rest of the book information. Is there an easier way to do this. I was thinking about the index, match formula but I can't get the formula to work. Any other suggestions? Any help is greatly appreciated. Did you try VLOOKUP? -- David Biddulph "clc_80" <clc_80@discussio...

when i have mutiple excell files open, how do you display the ind.
in office 97 when excell was open and i had several files open, the files showed along the bottom of the screen. new version just shows excell, is there a setting to change and get it to display like excell 97 did Hi 'Tools - Options - View' and check 'Windows in taskbar' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany krsbirdman1975 wrote: > in office 97 when excell was open and i had several files open, the > files showed along the bottom of the screen. new version just shows > excell, is there a setting to change and get it to display like > excell 97 did ...

Upgraded to Publisher 2003 can't open previous version files...
I just upgraded from Publisher 98 to Publisher 2003. Now trying to open my existing .pub files. but receive msg "Publisher can not open this file". I tried to run the old verison, but it's no longer available on my compter. Please help. Seek advice to solve this problem. San. -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Do you have Norton? Disable script blocking and in Norton options disable Office Plug-ins. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "san via OfficeKB.com" <forum@OfficeKB.com&...

Data Access Pages Over Intranet via Small Business Server
To Make DAP's available to users not having MS Access or even an Office XP license works without any problem. But we would like to establish a virtual Directory via IIS to have easy access w/o messages. Does the Small Business Server dispose a IIS allowing to create a virtual server or is the IIS on Small Business Server a limited version without all the functualities we use to have with Windows XP. Does anybody have experience about Small Business Server? -- Friedi ...

Password Recovery
The other day I tested a program that show me all passwords on my Outlook 2003 This was a free program, but by mistake I erased ! Does any one know a free Password recovery utility ? Thanks Google is your friend. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Gesy asked: | The other day I tested a program that show me all passwords on my | Outlook 2003 | This was a free program, but by mistake I erased ! |=20 | Does an...

Suppress Data if Sum = 0
I have a report where I am looking for errors. If the sum of several records = 0 then everything is OK. How do I supress the header, data and footer from showing for these records? I've been away from Access for several years, please be specific. Thanks for your help, Rick The simplest way to suppress the data from the report is to eliminate it from the source query. To do that means creating a Totals query or subquery that gives you the total in the original report. You can then use critieria in the query to eliminate these records. 1. Create a query, and depress the Total icon on t...

Can not read two-byte file...VC8 MFC80 vs. VC6 MFC42 in two-byte Windows system
Sorry for the cross post...need some help.. When we switched to VC8 (VS2005) and delivered application to our Japanese/Chinese customers, they claim they can no longer open files that's in Japanese/Chinese Windows for file name that's in local language. The File/Open dialog turn out to be garbage, and the File/Open returned to be failing. However, the VC6 version worked just fine. This problem did not happen when they use standard straight English file name. We did not use any unicode setup, and don't want to waste time switching to it, is there any way to cure this problem in ...

using an excel spreadsheet as the data file for a mail merge
Hello all, please forgive my ignorance, but i created a excel spread sheet wth the data I want to use to create shipping labels either in the msworks or msword program and i thought i knew how to do this but i don't. the info i get from the help menu is like greek to me. can anyone tell me how to either convert this file to a usable database for this function, or be able to use this spread sheet as the database to create these labels. Thanks! http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Kind regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "pamelaClaire" <pamel...

Publisher 1.0 -- Can I do anything with these files?
Hi folks: I've moved the administrative assistant at my Church into a new computer with Windows XP and Office 2003. I installed Publisher 2003. But it turns out that he has a couple of documents in Publisher 1 that he would really like to avoid recreating. I fired up the old (Windows 98) computer and tried to open these Publisher 1 files in Publisher 2000. But it doesn't recognize them. I had hoped that if I could get them into Publisher 2000, I could then save them and/or export them so that they could be read in Publisher 2003. But I didn't have any luck. Does anyone ha...

Conditional Data Validation Options
So I have two columns of Data Validations: Column A we'll call Cost Centers Column B we'll call Accounts If somebody puts in a Cost Center for a specific department which we will call Advertising, then a different list shows up in Column B of only Advertising Accts. I use the following formula in Column B for my Data Validation: =IF(ISERROR(VLOOKUP(A5,advertising,1,0)),accounts,advaccts) where "accounts" is all accounts and "advaccts" is only advertising accounts. That works ok. I'm sure that is not the best way of doing it; ...

Plot data from mutiple years on same chart
I would like to compare data (distances cycled) from multiple years (dates) against each other on one graph/chart. I want a line chart with cumulative distances from various years displayed on the same section of the chart ...

Excel 2007 problem
Hi there, We keep getting the following error when opening up a generated XLS file (that worked in Excel 2003 but now doesn't after upgrading to Excel 2007): " The file you are trying to open, '*.XLS' is in a different format than specified by the file extension. " Any reg fix or anything for this??? Cheers! You must be generating an XLSX or other format file. You could fix that issue, or try adding this new Dword item: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Excel\Security\ExtensionHardening Leave its value at 0. -- Jim "T. Smith" <...