Outook 2007 Prompts for Username and Password Multiple Times

I am having an issue with Outlook 2007SP2 and Exchange 2007 on an SBS08
Server.  The outlook client will prompt for username and password multiple
times when outlook is opened.  It does not matter what you type in the
password box it just keeps prompting.  After you hit OK (even with no
password) three times the prompt disappears.  It will then randomly reappear
when outlook is left open for a long period of time.

The issue is happening on (2) workstations (XP Pro and Windows 7 Pro) and
both machines are on the same LAN as the Exchange server.  Neither machine is
configured to use RPC over HTTP both are in cached mode.  There are several
other Outlook 2007 clients that function normally and all the Outlook 2003
clients function fine.

I have attempted to configure the profiles manually as listed in KB
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923579
I have attempted the hotfix as listed in KB
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956531 but it states the product type is not
the expected product for this hotfix,
 I have attempted the registry key import from a working machine as listed
in KB http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321652 and
 I have uninstalled reinstalled and service packed with no success.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

I too have the same issue. This only occurs in a hadnfull of my users (20 of
3k+?), and is VERY random.  Two of them are heldesk people.  Any help would
be appreciatred

"Rob Scott" wrote:

> I am having an issue with Outlook 2007SP2 and Exchange 2007 on an SBS08
> Server.  The outlook client will prompt for username and password multiple
> times when outlook is opened.  It does not matter what you type in the
> password box it just keeps prompting.  After you hit OK (even with no
> password) three times the prompt disappears.  It will then randomly reappear
> when outlook is left open for a long period of time.
>
> The issue is happening on (2) workstations (XP Pro and Windows 7 Pro) and
> both machines are on the same LAN as the Exchange server.  Neither machine is
> configured to use RPC over HTTP both are in cached mode.  There are several
> other Outlook 2007 clients that function normally and all the Outlook 2003
> clients function fine.
>
> I have attempted to configure the profiles manually as listed in KB
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923579
> I have attempted the hotfix as listed in KB
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956531 but it states the product type is not
> the expected product for this hotfix,
>  I have attempted the registry key import from a working machine as listed
> in KB http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321652 and
>  I have uninstalled reinstalled and service packed with no success.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance

I also have the same problem.  Someone plese help.
--
Sharo

"Mike" wrote:

> I too have the same issue. This only occurs in a hadnfull of my users (20 of
> 3k+?), and is VERY random.  Two of them are heldesk people.  Any help would
> be appreciatred
>
> "Rob Scott" wrote:
>
> > I am having an issue with Outlook 2007SP2 and Exchange 2007 on an SBS08
> > Server.  The outlook client will prompt for username and password multiple
> > times when outlook is opened.  It does not matter what you type in the
> > password box it just keeps prompting.  After you hit OK (even with no
> > password) three times the prompt disappears.  It will then randomly reappear
> > when outlook is left open for a long period of time.
> >
> > The issue is happening on (2) workstations (XP Pro and Windows 7 Pro) and
> > both machines are on the same LAN as the Exchange server.  Neither machine is
> > configured to use RPC over HTTP both are in cached mode.  There are several
> > other Outlook 2007 clients that function normally and all the Outlook 2003
> > clients function fine.
> >
> > I have attempted to configure the profiles manually as listed in KB
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923579
> > I have attempted the hotfix as listed in KB
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956531 but it states the product type is not
> > the expected product for this hotfix,
> >  I have attempted the registry key import from a working machine as listed
> > in KB http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321652 and
> >  I have uninstalled reinstalled and service packed with no success.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> >
> > Thanks in advance

Did you join the workstation to the domain using 'connectcomputer'?

If not, do so - make it a WORKGROUP computer again, then re-join the
domain (using the connectcomputer method).  Before joining, copy the old
profile, or rename it. (ie rename the user.domain profile to say
user.domain.old).  Then you can migrate across their old guff (start
menu items, favourites, etc etc).

Otherwise... perhaps it's a DNS problem? (as it seems like some sorta
authentication issue).  Check the DNS and DHCP in the server - check the
DHCP assignment for that workstation, and ensure that matches up with
the DNS entry.  If it doesn't delete the DNS entry (host/A record) for
it - then 're-get' it, from the workstation, using ipconfig /registerdns
..

--
Duncan.

In article <06DA41D9-C198-4C05-93BC-7ACAD726E6A2@microsoft.com>,
RobScott@discussions.microsoft.com says...

> I am having an issue with Outlook 2007SP2 and Exchange 2007 on an SBS08
> Server.  The outlook client will prompt for username and password multiple
> times when outlook is opened.  It does not matter what you type in the
> password box it just keeps prompting.  After you hit OK (even with no
> password) three times the prompt disappears.  It will then randomly reappear
> when outlook is left open for a long period of time.
>
> The issue is happening on (2) workstations (XP Pro and Windows 7 Pro) and
> both machines are on the same LAN as the Exchange server.  Neither machine is
> configured to use RPC over HTTP both are in cached mode.  There are several
> other Outlook 2007 clients that function normally and all the Outlook 2003
> clients function fine.
>
> I have attempted to configure the profiles manually as listed in KB
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923579
> I have attempted the hotfix as listed in KB
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956531 but it states the product type is not
> the expected product for this hotfix,
>  I have attempted the registry key import from a working machine as listed
> in KB http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321652 and
>  I have uninstalled reinstalled and service packed with no success.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks in advance

0
Duncan

vlookup w/ multiple data in a single cell
Is it possible to have a cell contain two pieces of informaton (e.g., A1 ="Me, You"), a vlookup statement to look for each pece of informaton in that cell (e.g., first "Me", then "You") in another sheet, and display the match in B1? Sheet 1 A1 = "Me, You" B1 = (after vlookup) "Art, Joe" Sheet 2 A1 = "Me" and B1 = "Art" A2 = "You" and B2 = "Joe" I tried all different kinds of =VLOOKUP with different functions, and I can't figure t out, of course I assume its possble to even use VLOOKUP ...

Reminder Date in Outlook 2007
Hi I would appreciate help with this problem. I often set reminders on e- mails using the Right click on the e-mail in my inbox and selecting Add Reminder... My problem is that the default date for the reminder is:01 January 4501 at 08:30 am. I am perfectly happy with the time, but cannot find where to change the default date for this option. My computer date and time are correct, and so is my calendar in Outlook working on the correct date. I am running Windows XP Home SP3 and Office 2007 SP1. Thanks Heather ...

CListCtrl & multiple row selection
How can I enable/disable multiple rows selection from code? Turn the single selection property on or off in the resource editor Miki Peric wrote: > How can I enable/disable multiple rows selection from code? > > -- ___________________________________________ Van Gennep - Media Automation Consulting bv Burg. Stramanweg 105 1101 AA Amsterdam The Netherlands Phone: +31-20-697 6029 Fax: +31-20-697 2249 E-mail: mkools@vangennep.nl WWW: http://www.vangennep.nl WWW: http://www.vangennep.com ___________________________________________ I need it at run time. ...

Moving Money 2000 to new computer needs password
Hi - I received a new computer and I am moving all of me software from the old one before I get rid of it. I installed the copy of Money 2000 that I had on the old computer. When I copy my msmoney.mny file to the new computer and attemt to open it, it says I need to enter the password for the file. Problem is, I never created a password for it, so I can open the file. Any suggestions? In microsoft.public.money, Wes wrote: >Hi - > > I received a new computer and I am moving all of me software from the old >one before I get rid of it. I installed the copy of Money ...

Original Journal Entries take a long time to display
Hi Does anyone know if the following procedure stated in the KB925326 is included in service pack or hotfix ? The reason i'm asking this is i want to avoid having to manage modifications on the indexes or any modifications which are not included within a service pack or hotfix. In the effort to keep the production and test environment as "vanilla" as possible... This would be considred as my last resort option. Thank you for your input... Pat, I am running 10.0 SP3 and this fix has not been included in this service pack -- for the longest time, this has not been inco...

Office 2007
I am replacing my PC and have Office 2007 on it. I cannot find the original CD and am wondering if I can run it from an external disk, because I plan on pulling the hard drive out of my old PC and using it as an external disk for my new PC. Will Office 2007 run from it? In article <26C00CCD-2C28-4685-BB55-71E97B4789C4@microsoft.com>, dnar <dnar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am replacing my PC and have Office 2007 on it. I cannot find the original > CD and am wondering if I can run it from an external disk, because I plan on > pulling the hard dr...

Mail rules with multiple conditions in subject/body (OR vs AND)
Using Outlook 2007. I need a mail rule that runs if the subject contains "apples" AND "oranges" AND the body contains "bananas" (it's okay if bananas is also in the subject). But when creating rules, the conditions automatically become "OR" statements and there seems to be no way to change them to "AND" statements. Does anyone know a way around this? Thank you! You'll have to create additional rules. For an example see; http://www.msoutlook.info/question/220 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuri...

Outlook Prompts for E-mail Account and Password Even Though "Save Password" Has Been Checked (XP)
The OS is XP Pro. One user, Adminstrator, password login. I can't recall if it's Outlook 2000 or 2003. Multiple e-mail accounts. Every time he gets his e-mail, Outlook prompts for the account logins and passwords. He checks the "save password" box and it gets the mail. But the next time he gets his e-mail, Outlook prompts for the accountnames and passwords again. Any idea why? Peter, I have had the same problem ever since I upgraded to Outlook 2002. Hope someone has the answer. This also happens on several of my web based email sites. I check the Remember my login and p...

PowerPoint 2007 Printing issues
Hi, This issue has been driving me crazy: we have presentations that have linked excel tables and pictures, and everything looks awesome in print preview and presentation mode, but when I print, some linked excel tables and pictures just show blank. I have played around with it, and the only way to guarantee it prints is to paste everything as Bitmap picture, but we need the linked Excel table function to save tons of time cutting and pasting. As I said, some of the tables will print, but some of them don't, which is driving me nuts, and everything is fine electronical...

Multiple signatures #3
Hi I have two accounts in my outlook and I have each assigned a different signature under Tools->Options-Mail Format. When I create a new message, I have an Accounts toolbar button which I can use to select which account I want to send email from. The problem is that when I switch the account here the signature does not change. What is the proper way to setup different signatures for different account? Thanks Regards To get the signature to change when you switch accounts, you need to be = using Word as your email editor, which is a setting on the same dialog. --=20 Sue Mosher,...

convert number format to time format
I have a whole column in which I need to be able to enter a number an it should convert it to the time format. If I enter 100 it shoul convert it to 1:00. Similarly entering 2300 should automatically b converted to 23:00. Thank yo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi Fullymooned! No need to send the same question to different groups. The answer given in programming was: See: Chip Pearson: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax...

IP Sec with DPM 2007 or DPM 2010
Hi, we are about to implement IP Sec for a group of servers which will be backed up by DPM. I wanted to find out if there are any restrictions regarding backing up IP Sec hosts vs non IP Sec hosts in the same domain. Any info will be appreciated. Thanks! There is no restrictions on IP sec policies on DPM as IP sec policies work at much lower layer than what DPM uses. But the policies should be in such a way that both DPM and Production servers should be able to communicate with each other, like network share browsing etc..(any windows applications between these two machines...

Laptop client installation for multiple domain users
Hi, We have CRM 3.0 server installed.we have 2 domains one is for india and second is for USA users. server is in India domain. USA users want to install outlook client,when they are installing it is saying that unable to connect to that crmserver.May be the server is down. How do i connect the CRM server from different domain. I have seen some trust relationships concept between the domains in implementation guide.I didnt understand much. Anybody knows Pls help me. Hello, Try have the user in USA accessing the CRM server by using the url in Internet Explorer. eg. http://yourcrmserver:5...

password
I'm looking for a way to find a forgotten password of a visio drawing. ...

Outlook and POP password wont work
Installed Outlook 2003 and now it keeps asking for my POP server account password. I know the password is correct. It is sending messages just fine, but I can not receive anything it just keeps giving an error about needing the password. I can go into account settings and enter the passord, test the account and it works fine. As soon as I try to send and receive it pops up the username password prompt. Any ideas ...

Call for opinions on Visual Source Safe with Access 2007
I am at a point where I think that a solution like Visual Source Safe may make sense for my mult-developer environment. I did dabble with it back in the late 90's and found that it often resulted in corruption and other issues. (Damned if I can remember any specifics.) In any case, I am looking for any feedback on the current state of this product from actual users. I am expecting migrate to Acc2007 soon and think it might be a good time to put the project under better source control. I am most interested in what limitations and/or problems you may have encountered as users and ...

Multiple combined formulas ?
I am not sure what combinations of formula’s are needed to lookup an item, evaluate multiple results and list the result. Here is a sample scenario: ID Item Result 1234 Degree 30 1234 Degree 15 1234 Method Hand 456 Style Green 789 Degree 30 1023 Degree 15 1023 Degree 10 1023 Method Foot I need to be able to lookup the ID number e.g. “1234” in column A, evaluate all the item responses for 1234 that match, e.g. “Degree” in column B and then evaluate the results for all the items called “Degree” for ID 1234 and then if the Result is e.g. 30, record 30 in the cell. Hope I have explained it...

forgot the password for Point of sale
I have a client who forgot the password for Point of sale. How can I delete or find the password ? I Know that some people said that go to administration and do someting. But this Point of sale(RMS) dosen't have administration icon. It has only Microsoft Dynamics Point of Sale Icon. ...

How do I allow users to change there password through OWA.
Our password change policy can cause users not to be able to logon to OWA. What steps need to be take to allow password changes through OWA. I have read KB article 297121 but I was hoping for a quick 1.2.3, explanation too. Thanks, Mike I could probably give you a quicker 1-2-3 explanation, but it would only be quicker for you. It would take me a very long time. Sorry. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Brillmike" <brillmike@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:58068C12-D0E4-45A4-8F42-4B96A0715BF0@microsoft.com......

Running pfmigrate multiple times
Hi I ran the pfmigrate already without the /d option afterward. This means that the PFs still exist on both exch55 and exch2k3. Using ESM on e2k3 to view exch55 PFs shows nothing but using the Exch55 admin program shows all the PFs still exist on the old exch55. My questions are 1. Can I run the pfmigrate again and if (yes/no) was is the coincequences of doing this 2. What is the effect of changing the HOME SERVER attribute on the PFs in Exch555 using the exch55 adminstrator prog while both exists on E2k3 and Exch55? 3. How do I check the HOME SERVER attribute in E2k3? 4. I want to get rid ...

Outlook 2007 hosed by SQL Server 2005
Hi. I've been running the Office 2007 Beta for awhile and needed to uninstall SQL Express and install full-blown SQL Server 2005 on my laptop for development reasons. After doing so, Outlook 2007 is completely hosed. It will run, but I cannot open any emails. I can highlight them and save them as HTML or text, but if I try to open one, Outlook freezes. I've run Office diagnostics and it finds nothing major, just the fact that Office 2003 is still installed (but does not work properly, of course). I installed the Office 2007 refresh yesterday, it did not help. I need to get Outlook wor...

Losing Formatting in 2003 to 2007 worksheets
I keep losing all the formating on my worksheets when going form 2003 to 2007 and vice-versa. I try to fix it and then it reverts back to a non-formatted sheet. How do I correct? Similar problem with a solution ... http://lounge.windowssecrets.com/index.php?showtopic=774151 -- Jim Cone Portland, Oregon USA ( remove unused number formats/styles or excess cond. formatting... free download: http://excelusergroup.org/media/p/4861.aspx ) "dalia007ii" <dalia007ii@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AEE20258-5A02-43F8-B316-BDCBD45350F9@micro...

Updating hyperlinks on multiple sheets
Hello, I am working on a speadsheet where I want each sheet to link to a specific cell in that sheet. Question 1: Is there a quick way to do this besides 'Right Click- Hyperlink- Place in the Doc- Select Cell- Cell Reference"? Question 2: I need to do this for each sheet and use the same cell, but change the name of the sheet. For example, I want cell I7 to link to A519, I8 to link to A554, etc. on a sheet called Healthcare and then I want the same cells in a sheet called Beauty to link to the same cells within the Beauty sheet. The cells (I7, I8, etc.) are formulas so I can&#...

Financial Spreadsheet Help (2007)
I am trying to create a stock portfolio data spreadsheet for Excel 2007, but I am encountering many problems. Firstly, I am trying to find a formula that will divide the current value of the stock with the initial price. However, I receive a #Value error (or some equivalent) whenever I try to enter =Quotient(G6:G100,F6-F100). Also, can Excel automatically change the color of the text depending on the preceeding value? If I enter in $222 in one cell followed by $232 in the next, can Excel color the numbers red or green depending on higher/lower? More later. (If you need further explaining, ...

How do I stop getting multiple copies of an email?
One out of every 7 emails received from vendors ignores the placement rule and puts 3 to 7 copies of itself in 3 to 4 out of ten folders Use the option of "stop processing more rules" in your rules for those vendors and consider the placement in the order of your rules in the rules list. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head-scratching, Gregory at work asked this group: | One out o...