Outlook Inbox 11-15-09

I had a problem with my inbox soI ran the inbox repair tool.  It fixed the
problem but my inbox is now gone and replaced with a folder called Recovered
Folder.  How do I get my Inbox back?

Start Outlook with the /resetfoldernames switch;
Start-> Run; outlook.exe /resetfoldernames
(note the space in the command)

That said; when you get the Recovered Folder by running the Inbox Repair
Tool, your pst-file had a bad corruption in it. In those cases I would
recommend to start with a new pst-file instead of continuing with this fixed
one. For details see;
http://www.msoutlook.info/question/329

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"MY" <MY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I had a problem with my inbox soI ran the inbox repair tool.  It fixed the
> problem but my inbox is now gone and replaced with a folder called
> Recovered
> Folder.  How do I get my Inbox back?

0
Roady

Outlook data files
Can someone tell me and where Outlook saves its data files -- contacts, e-mail, notes, etc. All data is stored in a file with a .PST extension. Look here for all the information you need on backup and restoration of Outlook data: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:00b301c39beb$88cb98d0$a401280a@phx.gbl, Doug Maples wrote: > Can someone tell me and where Outlook saves its data > files -- co...

Outlook 2007
Hello! Two months ago my Outlook started presenting an abnormal behaviour when previewing Excel files. When I preview an attachment that is an Excel file, it launches a separate Excel window, then places the spreadsheet back into the email preview area, but still leaves up a blank Excel window. This is not hapenning with other documents such as .doc; .pps; .ppt; .pdf, etc... Yesterday I formatted my notebook, everything installed from scratch, but problem persists. Could not find anything on the net to explain why this is happening only with Excel... Would really appreciate if someone ...

HTML Add-in/Newsletter embedding in outlook
Outlook 2007 (on ExchangeServer) question. We have a SharePoint 2007 site where we update all the news related to 3 different departments within the company. We want to create a email message in Outlook 2007 that imitates the look and feel of the SharePoint 2007 site (some html + JavaScript) and send it to all the employees every week. Creating a email message on a outlook “form” will not be a feasible solutions as it’ll takes a long time and the SharePoint site is updated with new news items weekly (at least 10 new news items). I've played around and found out there a way ...

Public Older View In Outlook 2003
Hi All, Can some one provided me instruction on how to enable the Public Folder option "Show number of unread items" that allow users to see item unreaded in Outlook 2003? Thanks On Tue, 23 May 2006 11:51:03 -0700, Tony Negron <TonyNegron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi All, > >Can some one provided me instruction on how to enable the Public Folder >option "Show number of unread items" that allow users to see item unreaded in >Outlook 2003? > >Thanks General tab of the folder in ESM. Have the users add the folder in question to the...

Importing Outlook 2003 to Win 98 Outlook

i can't open office outlook 2007
i Can't open office 2007 it was working yesterday i tired restarting the computer, it didn't help I am not anyway in to computers but i need this for my work please help Does Outlook start in safe mode? How to: Select Start | Run Type: outlook.exe /safe OK button If it doesn't, does it display any type of error message? If yes, what does the text say? "Denise" <Denise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C86DE096-54C0-481E-B36B-009A54033466@microsoft.com... >i Can't open office 2007 it was working yesterday > i tired r...

Outlook 2K w/MSN
Ok, here's the deal. Attempting to setup a home user's Outlook 2k client to check email. Since she is not connecting to the network, installed Outlook with Internet only configuration and setup connection with POP3 mail. This user dials up via MSN. And then checks our company email through Outlook. She can receive mail without error, but received the 0x800CCC0E error when sending. Looked it up in Microsoft's KBase and found this article: http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...p;Product=out2K So according to Microsoft, she is forced to use MSN's SMTP server. Ok, no big...

Sending URL in Outlook XP

Problem automating outlook
Hi I am using the following code to automate outlook from within MS Access; Dim O As Object O = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") The problem is that I am getting the following error on the second line; Automation error The specified module can not be found What is the problem and how can I fix it? Thanks Regards Dim O As Object Set O = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") Regards Mark Dormer "John" <John@nospam.infovis.co.uk> wrote in message news:eFs9QqIUGHA.1236@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi > > I am using the following code to...

Outlook Signatures #4

how to find "auto reply in outlook 2003?"
how to find "auto reply in outlook 2003?" http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook/HA010347861033.aspx "outlook" <outlook@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4031ECB1-2DDF-438C-A8AA-A4065F830BE0@microsoft.com... > how to find "auto reply in outlook 2003?" ...

Outlook 2000 #142
When I go to compose an e-mail message format tool bar is there but grayed out. How do I get it working again. Thanks ...

Outlook 2003 cuts off lines

Error in Exchange 5.5 Public Folder access via Outlook 2000
Hi We're running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on NT4, with the May 2004 rollup (841765 - Store.exe and Mdbmsg.dll = 5.5.2658.4) Outlook 2003 clients can access a shared Public Folders contacts list fine through the Address Book application, but Outlook 2000 users can't. Both groups can see and manipulate the actual folder OK, it's just the Address Book that's not working (either through the Address Book icon, or through creating a new mail and clicking on the "To" button and selecting the folder from there). Outlook 2000 users see a blank list, with the slider on the right siz...

Outlook user profiles

Sharing Outlook #2

Importing pst files into Outlook
I needed to reformat the hard disk of my computer. To save the data in Outlook I exported the most important folders into a CD-R. When I reinstalled all the software and tried to import the pst files fron the CD-R I get 2 messages: "Properties for this information service must be defined prior to use" and then "File access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file E:\XX.pst" Is anyway to recuperate the date on pst files??? (calendar, input, contacts,etc.) What am I doing wrong? Thanks for your help NP On 07 May 2004 15:10, "NP" ...

Relationships 11-12-09
Hi, I was hoping someone could explain to me in "layman" terms about relationships. I have done 3 course using access and have even had a consultant come out and spend the day with me. my problem is i cannot figure out how to make my tables work. I have 25 tables that have nothing in common with each other. for example, one is for steel parts, another one for valve's, consumables etc they have nothing in common but at the end they give me a price for a job installation. How do i make the relationships work with each one? Should i be putting like an ID number ...

Synchronise Outlook 2003

Address Book in Outlook 2003
Help!!! I usualy group my contacts in groups of contacts. Today I setup a brand new computer and a fresh install of Outlook 2003. Everything went well except the in the contacts department in Outlook 2003. So here's what happened. I copied some contacts folders from my old personnal PST file and they did not appeared in the contact list available when you prepare an e-mail (you know when you press the To button) so I deleted them. Af ter that I toured the internet and I saw that the control mecahnisism is in right cliking each contact folders and selecting the box with "show a...

Templates #15
Hi, all Is there any way to prepare a template so that it saves data to diferent databases?? Tks in advance Antonio hi, not that i am aware of. this must be done with code. >-----Original Message----- >Hi, all > >Is there any way to prepare a template so that it saves >data to diferent databases?? > >Tks in advance >Antonio >. > Tks reply Where can I get this code?? Tks in advance "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" wrote: > hi, > not that i am aware of. this must be done with code. > > >-----Original Message----- > >Hi, ...