Outlook form - Checkbox - Change background color

Dear all,

Let's assume I have 15 contacts. 5 of these contacts are clients and I would
like to have a different background color of the contact form for these
contacts that all employees know that these contacts are clients. The
contacts are stored in the Public Folders.

Any ideas how I could add a checkbox (add a custom tab) that if the checkbox
is checked that the background color of this form would change (> all
pages/tabs > General, Details, Activities, etc.)?

Kind regards,

Simon

You can design your own custom contact form for this;
Tools-> Forms-> Design a Form...

You can publish this form to the Public Folder and create new contacts with
this form.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Simon Minder" <SimonMinder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Dear all,
>
> Let's assume I have 15 contacts. 5 of these contacts are clients and I
> would
> like to have a different background color of the contact form for these
> contacts that all employees know that these contacts are clients. The
> contacts are stored in the Public Folders.
>
> Any ideas how I could add a checkbox (add a custom tab) that if the
> checkbox
> is checked that the background color of this form would change (> all
> pages/tabs > General, Details, Activities, etc.)?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Simon

0
Roady
6/3/2010 3:24:18 PM
Dear Roady,

Thanks. Do you have any ideas how I could do that best? Do I need VBA or VB
Script?

Best wishes,

Simon

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> You can design your own custom contact form for this;
> Tools-> Forms-> Design a Form...
>
> You can publish this form to the Public Folder and create new contacts with
> this form.
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>
> -----
>
> "Simon Minder" <SimonMinder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Dear all,
> >
> > Let's assume I have 15 contacts. 5 of these contacts are clients and I
> > would
> > like to have a different background color of the contact form for these
> > contacts that all employees know that these contacts are clients. The
> > contacts are stored in the Public Folders.
> >
> > Any ideas how I could add a checkbox (add a custom tab) that if the
> > checkbox
> > is checked that the background color of this form would change (> all
> > pages/tabs > General, Details, Activities, etc.)?
> >
> > Kind regards,
> >
> > Simon

Yes, that is required. For further info you can ask the developers in the
program_form newsgroup down the hall or at http://www.outlookcode.com

--

> Dear Roady,
>
> Thanks. Do you have any ideas how I could do that best? Do I need VBA or
> VB
> Script?
>
> Best wishes,
>
> Simon
>
> "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> You can design your own custom contact form for this;
>> Tools-> Forms-> Design a Form...
>>
>> You can publish this form to the Public Folder and create new contacts
>> with
>> this form.
>>
>> --
>> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
>> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
>> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
>>
>> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>> Real World Questions, Real World Answers
>>
>> -----
>>
>> "Simon Minder" <SimonMinder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Dear all,
>> >
>> > Let's assume I have 15 contacts. 5 of these contacts are clients and I
>> > would
>> > like to have a different background color of the contact form for these
>> > contacts that all employees know that these contacts are clients. The
>> > contacts are stored in the Public Folders.
>> >
>> > Any ideas how I could add a checkbox (add a custom tab) that if the
>> > checkbox
>> > is checked that the background color of this form would change (> all
>> > pages/tabs > General, Details, Activities, etc.)?
>> >
>> > Kind regards,
>> >
>> > Simon

0
Roady
6/3/2010 7:59:22 PM
Code behind custom forms is VBScript. See
http://www.outlookcode.com/article.aspx?ID=38 for details on the syntax used
to respond to a user clicking a check box.

In the future, you can post Outlook programming questions on that site or in
the new Outlook for Developers forum at
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/outlookdev/threads. This
current forum where you've posted is slated to be discontinued any day now.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

"Roady [MVP]" wrote:

> Yes, that is required. For further info you can ask the developers in the
> program_form newsgroup down the hall or at http://www.outlookcode.com
>
> --
> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>
> http://www.msoutlook.info/
>
> -----
>
> "Simon Minder" <SimonMinder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Dear Roady,
> >
> > Thanks. Do you have any ideas how I could do that best? Do I need VBA or
> > VB
> > Script?
> >
> > Best wishes,
> >
> > Simon
> >
> > "Roady [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> >> You can design your own custom contact form for this;
> >> Tools-> Forms-> Design a Form...
> >>
> >> You can publish this form to the Public Folder and create new contacts
> >> with
> >> this form.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
> >> Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
> >> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
> >> Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
> >>
> >> http://www.msoutlook.info/
> >> Real World Questions, Real World Answers
> >>
> >> -----
> >>
> >> "Simon Minder" <SimonMinder@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

Hi Sue,

I wrote the following code and I have to problems:

   1. If I use the "Run This Form" button the event works and the message
box is displayed. However, if I publish the form and I open the form, the
form is not message box will not appear.

   2. With Office 2010 the public folder includes your e-mail address. How
can I refer to a generic name that the code will use for all users (marked
with XXXXXX in the code.

Function Item_Open()

' Set the NameSpace object
Set objOLNS = Application.GetNameSpace("MAPI")

' Set the Contacts folder, which is in the MAPI NameSpace
Set objContactFolder = objOLNS.Folders("Public Folders - s.minder@XXXXXX"). _
Folders("All Public Folders"). _
Folders("MFO Contacts")

' Set the collection of all Contact items
Set objAllContacts = objContactFolder.Items

' Set the object referring to the form page the combo box is on
Set objFormTab = Item.GetInspector.ModifiedFormPages("MFO")

Set objSEC = objFormTab.Controls("CheckBox6")

If objSEC = True Then

MsgBox"This is a SEC client!"

End if

End Function