Outlook - Excel Attachment coruppted for 1 of 3 exchange users

We are on Exchange 2007, Outlook 2007 and Excel 2007. A users sends a
specific spreadsheet to multiple users 2-3 times a week. About once a week,
one of the users tries to open the file and it is corrupted. The original
file is 18K but after he attempts to open it, it reduces to 4K. If he tries
to forward the message, it goes out corrupted. If he saves the file first, it
is fine. But it still becomes corrupted if he tries to open from the
attachment.

We all use the same anti-virus and this is the only Excel document he has
the problem with. He receives many from various sources every day without
issue. The other users who receive this file have not had any problems with
it. I have checked his machine and nothing appears out of the ordinary.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

outlook not good
Help: Since I loaded Outlook on Thursday (as part of an Office 2003 upgrade) I have not been able to find (or receive?) e-mails on Outlook whereas I still receive and find e-mails easily on Outlook Express (which came with my Comcast broadband service) ... any clues as to what I'm doing wrong regarding Outlook e-mail? Thank you in advance for your help. any clues? - not really you dont give any error msgs or? Tried, in OL, Importing yr mail settings from OE? David "william" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:391701c3e297$a9268980$a401280a...

how to implement User Interface Thread.
Hi guys, i am performing some task on picture Box rectangle under worker thread, in between i am changing size of picture box rectangle , and immediately i got error message RtlFreeHeap(), i think this is due to i am changing rectangle size that are used by worker thread. so what is the solution of this problem , user interface thread is the solution of this problem, i am not very sure about the solution, please tell me what is the exact solution of this problem. Not sure exactly what you mean but you should not change the size of a window from worker thread. You should post a custom messag...

Help! Can't open my Outlook 2003
Message I get is: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook Window. The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists. Need suggestion on what to do please. What type of email account do you use? Did it work before? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outloo...

Sharing out a users calendar
I a trying to share out one of my users calendar, something I have done countless times before, but this time it is giving me an error. We have Outlook 2002 SP2 running on NT Workstation 4 SP6, I am able to set permissions on the calendar itself, but when go to set permissions on the "Mailbox - User" it gives me "The modified permission could not be saved. The client operation failed." Any suggestions? Thanks Eric To share the calendar, you don't need to share anything on the root folder ("sharees" will be able to use file | open other user's folder ...

Changing Default Save Location for Email Attachments
Hey gang.. I understand the Tools>Options>General tab allows you to change the default open/save file for Excel, however, this does not work when you open a file received as an attachment. The Save As location changes to one of the Temp folders. Does anyone know how to change this? I use Outlook 2002 - and this may be impossible, but it is extremely irritating and I would love to find out how to change this Thanks --Shane Hi shane try Ron's sendmail add-in: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Shane wrote: > Hey gang... > > I ...

Excel files won't come up
I am having trouble bringing up any Excel file. I get an error message with a error signature like this AppName:Excel.exe AppVer 9.0.0.2719 ModName:mso9:11 ModVer:9.0.0.2720 Offset:00045909 When I look up the tech information at the bottom I get this c:\docume~1\HarryG~1\Locals~1\temp\2958_appcompat.txt I sent this message last week and the remark was to double click and copy the error and reply. I did and I haven't seen any reply yet. I really need to use the Excel files which I use often. All other ofice files OK Help!!! I don't have a guess about what's ...

Outlook closes when opened
Almost every time i try to open my mail in Internet Explorer using Outlook 2003 outlook closes. THe only way i can read my mail is after I reboot and check for any errors in the system. Any answers out there. ...

Create Pareto Chart in Excel? #2
Thanks for the responses. The data is in a sorted frequenc distribution. I have the data analysis add-in installed, but i couldn' locate the data analysis pull down or the histogram with pareto option I'm running excel 2000, I can still create a pareto with this versio correct -- Tycon2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Tycon22's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1626 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27698 The bottom entry on the Tools menu should be "Data Analysi...

CRM 3.0
Hi, I have been reading forums for a while now and have tried basically everything that I could get my hands on to try and resolve my problem and have not been successful. Here is my setup, the problem and then followed by what I have tried: Setup: --------- SBS 2003 Server 4 Gig of Ram, CRM 3.0 GIGbit Lan Mixture of XP and Vista PCs. (Total of 10 stations using the CRM) Problem: ------------ I have changed IE User Authentication to prompt for username and password. Login with any user account using IE 7 on XP or Vista. The Side Panel and Header display almost instantly. The First page is t...

User Is Prompted for Password That Is Already Saved
I really need help with this one. I save the password in my Outlook (2002), but it remembers it for only 1 session. The next time I start Outlook, it asks me for my password again. Why is this happening and how can i fix this? I looked for this all over the Microsoft Knowledge Base and the best answer for this i could find was to install SP1 and SP2. Both of them are already installed on my computer. If anyone has any ideas about how this could be fixed, please let me know. Thanks in advance, Kamran If you are still having problems after applying both the SP 1 & 2 patches, t...

Hi I'm New and need help with Excel Basics
Please can anyone help me answer any of these questions: How would you add the contents of the cells from A1 to A10. Give 2 ways to do this. (hint: Look up "Examples of common formulas" in Excel help How do you format a cell to have dollar signs next to the numbers? How do you add the contents of cells A1 through A10 on sheet 1 and make the answer show up on sheet 2? How do you rename a sheet? Can I delete the sheets that I don't need? If so how? How do I freeze rows or columns of the sheet so that they don't' move when you scroll up or down? Example: My n...

Outlook 2000 (Win2K Pro) connection problems
Hi Everyone, I have a few workstations that cannot connect to an Exchange 2000 server from Outlook 2000 (Win2k Pro). Access is still available via OWA and everything was working as of this past Friday. I receive a "The logon credentials supplied were incorrect. Make sure your username and domain are correct, then type your password again." error message when the correct credentials are supplied and tried to use this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321652/en-us KB with no success. On my XP Pro workstation with Office 2000, I am able to connect as normal. So far I have tried, re...

help with outlook 2002 XP
I deleted an old exchange server account as it always showed an error when send/receiving. When I did this I lost all inboz and calendar -- can I retrieve any of this data??? Also cannot even send emails as message pops up saying no data files available. ANy thoughts? ...

Restrict user from sending messages as somebody else?
I have a user that is part of the Administrator group so he can do our backups here at work, the problem that I have is that he is sending messages as other users which I want to restrict him from doing. How can I make this happen? We are using Windows Server 2003/Exchange 2003 sp2/Outlook 2003 "Penny Miller" <Penny.Miller@co.chelan.wa.us> wrote in message news:%23twPSbvmGHA.3668@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I have a user that is part of the Administrator group so he can do our >backups here at work, the problem that I have is that he is sending >messages as...

Outlook 2010 04-19-10
Testing Office 2010 but before using any of the suite need to setup up Outlook first but cannot Import CSV file addressbook from either 2003 or 2007 in to it. Error message "Invalid SAM ID" and following global search it can be done with a "translator" but no one seems to know where to get it from so still cannot use Outlook. Although a beta product Outlook is specifically a communications application but not being able to easily import your contacts makes the application totally useless! I would have thought that MS would have at least made sure that the mos...

Can't save new Excel Doc

outlook backup #5
my HDD crashed, the technician took the whole disk backup in a new HDD. I searched for .Pst but couldnt locate. Please advise the procedure for locating .pst file, address book & also procedure to import the message & address book in the new outlook. I am using windows Xp (home) & office XP. I have data in both microsoft outlook & outlook exp. First, search within hidden folders to find your PST. Second, do NOT import it. Just reuse it. All you data is in that one file. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm...

rebuild of exchange 5.5 on win2k server
ok, my nt4, exch 5.5, server crashed, setup new win2k server box, installed 5.5, can't do 2k or 2003 exchange yet, no active directory.. only issue is that when installed 5.5 on new box it DOESN'T have SMTP? so inside corporate email works, but not internet email service, which doesn't even show up on the list of services? anyone have any knowledge base article or MAYBE even have had this happen? please SEND HELP... AL In Exch Admin click File\New Other\Internet Mail Service and floow wizard. Al Smith wrote: > ok, my nt4, exch 5.5, server crashed, setup new win2k server...

Outlook damaged PST file
have run the Inbox Repair tool on what Outlook tells me is a damaged PST file. I do not get an option to repair the file. I have moved the file so that it is not available to Outlook but it still appears in the Mail pane as a folder. I can't remove it. I would just like to get rid of it. If I leave the damaged file so that Outlook can access it I also can't remove it since I get a message that elements are missing. Once you've moved the file, you should be able to right-click the entry in the mail pane and select Close. -Peter "DonBob" <DonBob@discussions.micr...

"Unable to display folder" accessing additional mailboxes in Outlook 2003 as administrator
Article 262399 properly describes the process, however for a new machine with Windows 2003 Server, Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 (on console), this right appears to be already granted to all mailboxes. That is "domain"\administrator already has full mailbox access although it appears greyed out on purpose. Deleting and re-adding is not allowed. So, if one logs onto the console as an administrator and adds the additional mailboxes to the exchange server profile, one gets the typical "unable to display folder" when clicking on the mailbox in Outlook 2003. Even though th...

Missing contacts Exchange 2003
Weid, there are no contacts in the main Contacts folder, is there a way to import them from AD to Exchange 2003? Thanks AD contacts show up in the GAL. Each user has their own private contacts folder. -GT "Tomek" <tomaszch@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7eda0bae.0409180906.1c7c6ce2@posting.google.com... > Weid, there are no contacts in the main Contacts folder, is there a > way to import them from AD to Exchange 2003? > > Thanks ...

Test #3

Attachment Size Limits #3
Is it possible to set attachment size limits globally in Exchange 5.5? I see size limit settings per user. However, I can't find a location to set the same size limit for everybody, as is possible for mailbox size limits. Thanks... On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 06:54:01 -0700, "Frank" <Frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > >Is it possible to set attachment size limits globally in Exchange 5.5? I see >size limit settings per user. However, I can't find a location to set the >same size limit for everybody, as is possible for mailbox size limits. > >Tha...

named excel lists
I'm somewhat of a newbie, so I may not be asking this question with the correct terminology. I'd like to define a name and attach it to the range of an "excel (2003) list". If I add a new row or column to the "excel list", then the range is suitable extended. How? Try Debra Dalgleish's nice coverage of Dynamic Ranges at: http://www.contextures.com/xlNames01.html#Dynamic Look for "Create a Dynamic Range" -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Please respond, in newsgroup xdemechanik <at>yahoo<dot>com ---- "hidden" <hidden123456@hotmail.com...

how to use collapse/ expand fuction in excel like outlook