Outlook Connector Not Working....

This morning Outlook 2003 with the Connector was fine.  Now it fails to work.
 Allowed the update to download and it said it installed, but I still get the
error message on startup of Outlook.  Microsoft...what have you done to my
Outlook?  I can't download emails this evening for my business?

Office Outlook 2003.  Been using web-based email for several years which
meant I had to employ Outlook connector when setup.  This afternoon, I open
Outlook to check enmail and get a pop up requiring Connnector to be upgraded.
 I follow promps, it goes through the install, closes the program; but when I
reopen Outlook, process starts all over again.  I have closed all programs
and I have rebooted, but still locked into same vicous cycle.  In the
meantime, i am unable to send/receive my email via Outlook.  ReBell in Ms

> This morning Outlook 2003 with the Connector was fine.  Now it fails to work.
>  Allowed the update to download and it said it installed, but I still get the
> error message on startup of Outlook.  Microsoft...what have you done to my
> Outlook?  I can't download emails this evening for my business?

Same exact problem, with Outlook 2007. The new update is in a constant cycle, same issue with the other computers I work with, not an isolated incident. When will this be fixed? This is really bad, outlook is not at all reliable at this point, going to have to look into other email clients for hotmail.
0
sunmd (2)
5/4/2010 1:00:41 AM
Try this link. I did and Outlook is now working.

http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/outlook/HA102225181033.aspx
0
jcdowning (2)
5/4/2010 1:05:47 AM
In article <D1D6579A-A86F-40AB-8656-DA6A4AB28BFA@microsoft.com>,
Ironman@discussions.microsoft.com says...

> This morning Outlook 2003 with the Connector was fine.  Now it fails to work.
>  Allowed the update to download and it said it installed, but I still get the
> error message on startup of Outlook.  Microsoft...what have you done to my
> Outlook?  I can't download emails this evening for my business?

Try the full install from this page:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=39db2b89-af2e-
41f9-a175-f93e1377959f&displaylang=en

If unable to unwrap that line, it's linked to from this page:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/outlook/HA102225181033.aspx

--
Duncan.
0

I tried the "Upgrade Now" sequence - did not fix it
I tried a repair on OC - did not fix it
I tried removing, downloading and reinstalling OC - did not fix it

It was working fine up to today and has been for many months - years maybe -
I used it on OL 2003, I've been using it on OL 2007 since July 2008

So who ever broke it should fix it

"jcdowning" wrote:

> Try this link. I did and Outlook is now working.
>
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/outlook/HA102225181033.aspx
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.outlook.general/Outlook-Connector-Not-Working
> .

Agreed - MS need a kick up the arse over this one.

Use the latest installer, and you should be good to go.

Direct link:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=39db2b89-af2e-
41f9-a175-f93e1377959f&displaylang=en

If unable to unwrap that line, it's linked to from this page too:

In article <3446F349-4783-4244-ACD3-4E961338D26E@microsoft.com>,
RightPaddockSydneyAus@discussions.microsoft.com says...

> I am using Outlook 2007 - I am having this same Outlook Connector (OC) problem
>
> I tried the "Upgrade Now" sequence - did not fix it
> I tried a repair on OC - did not fix it
> I tried removing, downloading and reinstalling OC - did not fix it
>
> It was working fine up to today and has been for many months - years maybe -
> I used it on OL 2003, I've been using it on OL 2007 since July 2008
>
> So who ever broke it should fix it
>

> "jcdowning" wrote:
>
> > Try this link. I did and Outlook is now working.
> >
> > http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/outlook/HA102225181033.aspx
> >
> > ---
> > frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.outlook.general/Outlook-Connector-Not-Working
> > .

0
Duncan
5/4/2010 2:28:21 AM
Follow Duncan's advice and use the new installer.

 Troubleshooting Outlook -
http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook/tsol.html#hm

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP
Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon

"rebell" <rebell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Office Outlook 2003.  Been using web-based email for several years which
> meant I had to employ Outlook connector when setup.  This afternoon, I
> open
> Outlook to check enmail and get a pop up requiring Connnector to be
> upgraded.
> I follow promps, it goes through the install, closes the program; but when
> reopen Outlook, process starts all over again.  I have closed all programs
> and I have rebooted, but still locked into same vicous cycle.  In the
> meantime, i am unable to send/receive my email via Outlook.  ReBell in Ms
>

>> This morning Outlook 2003 with the Connector was fine.  Now it fails to
>> work.
>>  Allowed the update to download and it said it installed, but I still get
>> the
>> error message on startup of Outlook.  Microsoft...what have you done to
>> my
>> Outlook?  I can't download emails this evening for my business?

0
Ben
5/4/2010 3:20:59 AM
Which version of the OC did you download?  Did you follow Duncan's link?

Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon

"RightPaddockSydneyAus" <RightPaddockSydneyAus@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:3446F349-4783-4244-ACD3-4E961338D26E@microsoft.com...
> I am using Outlook 2007 - I am having this same Outlook Connector (OC)
> problem
>
> I tried the "Upgrade Now" sequence - did not fix it
> I tried a repair on OC - did not fix it
> I tried removing, downloading and reinstalling OC - did not fix it
>
> It was working fine up to today and has been for many months - years
> maybe -
> I used it on OL 2003, I've been using it on OL 2007 since July 2008
>
> So who ever broke it should fix it
>

> "jcdowning" wrote:
>
>> Try this link. I did and Outlook is now working.
>>
>> http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/outlook/HA102225181033.aspx
>>
>> ---
>> frmsrcurl:
>> http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.outlook.general/Outlook-Connector-Not-Working
>> .

0
Ben
5/4/2010 4:16:47 AM
I had the exact some problem using Outlook 2003.  After frustratingly trying
all other things I could think of, I tried jcdowning's suggested link and it
also worked - after I realised I had to download the 32-bit verstion and not
the 64-bit version that I originally tried - Peter, Perth West Australia

"jcdowning" wrote:

> Try this link. I did and Outlook is now working.
>
> http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/outlook/HA102225181033.aspx
>
> ---
> frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.outlook.general/Outlook-Connector-Not-Working
> .

Thanks Ben

I somehow ended up installing 12.1

Note for others, make sure you install version 14 - which is in the Beta
Test phase of development!

Why MS are doing this, I have no interest in testing MS or any other vendors
software.  I gave up doing that years ago - it's just another way to waste
time

grrrh

thanks for the tip Ben - RP

"Ben M. Schorr, MVP" wrote:

> Which version of the OC did you download?  Did you follow Duncan's link?
>

> --
> -Ben-
> Ben M. Schorr, MVP
> Roland Schorr & Tower
> http://www.rolandschorr.com
> http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm
> Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
> http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon
>
> "RightPaddockSydneyAus" <RightPaddockSydneyAus@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message news:3446F349-4783-4244-ACD3-4E961338D26E@microsoft.com...
> > I am using Outlook 2007 - I am having this same Outlook Connector (OC)
> > problem
> >
> > I tried the "Upgrade Now" sequence - did not fix it
> > I tried a repair on OC - did not fix it
> > I tried removing, downloading and reinstalling OC - did not fix it
> >
> > It was working fine up to today and has been for many months - years
> > maybe -
> > I used it on OL 2003, I've been using it on OL 2007 since July 2008
> >
> > So who ever broke it should fix it
> >

> > "jcdowning" wrote:
> >
> >> Try this link. I did and Outlook is now working.
> >>
> >> http://office.microsoft.com/en-au/outlook/HA102225181033.aspx
> >>
> >> ---
> >> frmsrcurl:
> >> http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public.outlook.general/Outlook-Connector-Not-Working
> >> .

It's not in beta anymore.  14 was officially released on April 20th (as I
recall)

Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:

wrote in message news:17214460-6FE7-4CDB-964E-EC0C94B92CCF@microsoft.com...
> Thanks Ben
>
> I somehow ended up installing 12.1
>
> Note for others, make sure you install version 14 - which is in the Beta
> Test phase of development!
>
> Why MS are doing this, I have no interest in testing MS or any other
> vendors
> software.  I gave up doing that years ago - it's just another way to waste
> time
>
> grrrh
>
> thanks for the tip Ben - RP
>

> "Ben M. Schorr, MVP" wrote:
>
>> Which version of the OC did you download?  Did you follow Duncan's link?
>>

>> --
>> -Ben-
>> Ben M. Schorr, MVP
>> Roland Schorr & Tower
>> http://www.rolandschorr.com
>> http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm
>> Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
>> http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon
>>
>> "RightPaddockSydneyAus" <RightPaddockSydneyAus@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote in message
>> > I am using Outlook 2007 - I am having this same Outlook Connector (OC)
>> > problem
>> >
>> > I tried the "Upgrade Now" sequence - did not fix it
>> > I tried a repair on OC - did not fix it
>> > I tried removing, downloading and reinstalling OC - did not fix it
>> >
>> > It was working fine up to today and has been for many months - years
>> > maybe -
>> > I used it on OL 2003, I've been using it on OL 2007 since July 2008
>> >
>> > So who ever broke it should fix it

0
Ben

Stationaries in Outlook
Does anyone know how to create templates in Outlook??? Like a newsticker you want to fill with different information every week. Thanks!!! (this used to be very simple in Lotus Notes..) Hi, It seems that there are many ways to create templates in Outlook. The simplest one, in my view : 1. Create a message, in any format you like (plain text, RTF, HTML), add all elements you like 2. Save it as an OFT file 3. Go in the file explorer, drag the file and drop it on your Outlook bar 4. Every time you click on this shortcut in the Outlook bar, it creates an instance of the template. Frederic &q...

Outlook 2003 News

excel product key is not working
i'm trying to upgrade my excel from 2000 to 2002 but when the installer prompted me to enter the product key. i input the product key but it's not accepted. ...

Removing multiple users from Outlook

Outlook plug in install
I currently have SQL Server installed on my local pc for some other task. In the install of Outlook plugin for CRM it wants to install MSDE is this going to conflict with my SQL 2000 instance? Joe Thomas wrote: > I currently have SQL Server installed on my local pc for > some other task. In the install of Outlook plugin for CRM > it wants to install MSDE is this going to conflict with > my SQL 2000 instance? Yes it will conflict. Microsoft will not support sales for Outlook if you do this and they strongly recommend not to install sales for Outlook if you already have SQL ins...

work 05-30-07

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Attachments in Outlook 98
Hi there, my Organisation are using Exchange 5.5 SP4 and the client is Outlook 98. A mail is sent from an external source into our Organisation to 10 people. The mail has an XLS attached. For some reason 9 of the recipients get the attachment but the last one has no attachment and no reference to it in the mail she receives. I've checked all the Outlook settings I can think of, but am puzzled as to why this happens - checking the imc data from our Exchange I see that the correct RFC headers are present and that the user has the same reference as all the others in the header. Anyone any ide...

Outlook 2003 #79

Help Required

Outlook Hangs Reading Messages

Outlook 2003 with XP SP2

Error in Outlook Today

outlook 2k2 problem

Replying to an Outlook e-mail

Multiple Simultaneous Outlook Sessions

Viewing Active Tasks in the Outlook Today View
I really like the Outlook Today view, as it lists upcoming appointments, emails, tasks, etc. However, I can not get it to show my active tasks that have started but are due at a later time (not today). Outlook today will show my active tasks that are due today, but it just won't show tasks that, for example, are due tomorrow. This is bothersome because I want it to show all active tasks, and not just ones that are due today. Any help on this would be GREATLY appreciated! There are a couple of options associated with Task showing and sorting, have you checked via the customize...

Ctrl+D not working on outlook messages

Outlook 2007 Calendar -> Outlook 2003

PDA-Outlook 2003

Outlook Client #3

Outlook Rule to Forward with Secure Delivery
I need to automatically forward messages to an outside vendor with secure delivery. I'd like to set up a rule to do this for me, but I'm not finding away to be able to forward the message using secure delivery. Can you please tell me how to do this? Thank you Chris ChrisH <ChrisH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to automatically forward messages to an outside vendor with > secure delivery. I'd like to set up a rule to do this for me, but > I'm not finding away to be able to forward the message using secure > delivery. Can you please tell me...